Sailing Ships

The Other Side of the Mirror
"No I am not going dress shopping with you guys." Sunmi rolled her eyes and stressed again. "Seriously Kyungsoo, you're really like a mother hen!"
 
"What's wrong with wanting to take part in which dress my daughter is going to choose?" D.O. huffed, annoyed. He bumped Suho's shoulders. "Yah you're the appa, don't you want to see which dress your daughter chooses? I thought it was the father's job to make sure his daughter doesn't dress too skimpily."
 
"Leave me out of it, fathers don't take part in dress shopping." Suho backed away, grinning. "Anyway, we've got to get our tuxedos for those of us who don't have one and the shirts inside. Just let Sunmi choose her own dress, Kyungsoo."
 
"Exactly." Kai blew on his bangs. "Kyungsoo, I think you're hanging around Key hyung too much. You should just stop being friends with him, you're getting girly."
 
D.O. huffed and pouted. "Fine fine, I was just being considerate. I thought girls liked to have partners when they go shopping."
 
"I already have mine." Sunmi laughed, shaking her head. "I'm going with a few girls in our class, Seohyun and Taeyeon. I don't think they'll want you there, Kyungsoo." she glanced at her watch. "Actually, I'm supposed to meet them in ten minutes. You guys go shopping for your tux and I'll find my dress alright?" she patted both Chanyeol and Baekhyun's heads. "See you tomorrow night for the dance."
 
She waved.
 
The EXO-K boys murmured their goodbyes and started in the opposite direction, dispersing into the large department store. Sehun lingered at the back of the group and glanced back at where Sunmi had gone. She hadn't gone too far, just a few steps, and Sehun suddenly broke into the run, grabbing her wrist to stop her.
 
"Wait."
 
Sunmi raised her brows. "Yeah?"
 
Sehun rubbed the back of his neck embarrassedly. "Just wondering, since we're going together and stuff..." he cocked his head to the side. "Are we going to match our clothes?" he pinked.
 
"Wait what?" Sunmi choked on her saliva, not believing what he just asked.
 
"Because well uhm..." Sehun grew redder. "When Jina was asking me about it, she talked about matching my bow tie and her dress colour, so I was wondering if we needed to match ours as well. You know, since we're going together and everything.."
 
"Oh Sehun." Sunmi laughed and shook her head, punching his arm lightly. "Just get a tux and I'll get a dress. Simple. Matching colours? I don't think that's really neccessary."
 
"Oh." Sehun's face fell a little. "I just thought maybe you'd...like to or something." he gulped.
 
Sunmi bit back a smile. Okay so maybe he was a tinsy bit cute. Just a tinsy bit. "Just get a safe colour, don't buy a maroon or purple suit and it'll be fine." Sunmi smiled, chuckling softly. "Go get your tux, the others are waiting." she waved and ran off to find Taeyeon and Seohyun.
 
"Okay." Sehun whispered, even though she couldn't hear him. He sighed softly as he jogged to catch up with the rest. "I thought we should match colours." he mumbled. "To show that, you know, we're a couple or something." he sulked.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunmi checked herself in the mirror and thought back to the shopping trip the previous day with her neighbor unnies.
 
-----
 
"It must be awesome being Oh Sehun's girlfriend isn't it?" Taeyeon grinned, elbowing her. "I heard about his kiss in the middle of the hallway. Man! I wish I was there to witness it! It was heartstopping wasn' it?"
 
Sunmi reddened and barely stopped herself from nodding. Hell no it wasn't, she told herself. What was so heart-stopping about kissing Oh Sehun? It was, you know, bland, normal, and not to mention sending tingles down to her toes and- She should really stop now.
 
"But you know, Oh Sehun really changed from the past." Seohyun observed. "He said hi to people who greeted him and he doesn't just spit in people's faces when those girls confess their love to him. He actually rejects them politely with respect. It's like he isn't Oh Sehun anymore, you know. Like he's someone else all together."
 
"Wouldn't you like to know." Sunmi murmured under her breath.
 
Forunately, Taeyeon didn't catch a thing. "It must be love that's changing him. He's love for our Sunmi here." she teased. "It's so romantic. I wish I had a love as heart-stopping as this. I can tell he really loves you, you know. And the way you look at him too, you two just make the cutest couple!" she squealed.
 
Sunmi swallowed and stared at herself in the mirror. The way she looked at him...?
 
"Unnie, you're embarrassing her." Seohyun chuckled softly. She picked up the dress Sunmi had picked and put it in front of Sunmi, beaming. "He's going to love you to bits in this one."
 
----
 
Sunmi swallowed and stared at herself in the mirror. The dress she had finally picked was a silky midnight blue halter neck dress with silver beading at the neckline. It reached the ground and made her look taller than she was, flaunting her slim, petite figure.
 
She remembered what Seohyun said. "Will he?" she wondered out loud, then promptly smacked herself for thinking that. "Why would I care?"
 
She shook her head to clear her thoughts and rushed to grab her silver clutch, running down the stairs to wear her heels. As she buckled her last buckle, the doorbell rang just in time and Sunmi flattened her hair, checking her curls in the reflection from her glass cabinet before approaching the door.
 
Her heart stopped beating the moment she caught sight of Sehun and she suddenly understood why those girls were so crazy over the Devil even when he was a jerk. Because this Oh Sehun with the same face and dressed in a black tux with a light blue shirt....boy did he look handsome. He looked just, flawless. Like a model that walked out from one of those photoshopped posters.
 
"Hi." Sehun took a few moments to collect his ability to speak after settling his eyes on her. His voice sounded a little strained and squeaky but Sunmi didn't notice from the way her heart was beating. "H-Hi." Sunmi cursed herself for stuttering. She took a deep breath and shot him the most natural smile she could manage. "You're here."
 
"Yeah." Sehun swallowed hard. Damn, she looked beautiful. "Uhm here. For you." he handed her a bouquet of red roses. Sunmi flushed a pretty pink and accepted the flowers from him. "Thanks, they're really pretty. I'll just uhm, put them in a vase and we can go-"
 
"Go? Not so fast!" Mrs Kim appeared at the door with a camera. "Where do you think you two are going without a nice picture first? Come on in Sehun put an arm around Sunmi and kiss her cheek."
 
"EHHH????!!!"
 
-----
 
Sehun felt like his entire right arm was tingling from Sunmi's touch as she held his arm while they're making an entrance into the hall. He felt everyone's gaze shift in their direction but somehow it didn't bother him like he thought it would because all he could focus on in that moment was Sunmi's touch on his arm.
 
Was he even sane?
 
There were gushes of excitement and squeals as Sehun walked past, girls complimenting how good he looked in a tux and guys blatantly taking in the pretty sight Sunmi made. Sunmi stuck close to Sehun as she felt the hungry stares on her and Sehun swallowed visibly as she did so.
 
He was relieved when he saw the rest of the EXO-K boys at the champagne corner and the two went over to join them. It was then that Sunmi finally let go of his arm and Sehun could finally breathe properly. But he couldn't help but dwell on the loss of contact either.
 
"You look pretty today, Sunmi." Suho passed her a glass of champagne.
 
"Thanks." Sunmi smiled gratefully, accepting the glass and sipping her drink. She didn't notice how Sehun stilled at her exchange with Suho and looked away with a scowl on his face.
 
Sunmi took in the sight of her EXO-K boys in tux and smiled to herself as she noticed the girls around them eying her friends like hawks. She grinned. So now they know just what in the world they missed when they went for bad boys and not goody two shoes like the EXO-K boys, huh.
 
"When is the dinner going to start, by the way?" Chanyeol asked, rubbing his tummy. "I'm starving. I didn't pay twenty thousand won to just drink champagne here." he muttered.
 
Kai snorted. "To think you're dressed up like a gentleman and the things you say are still..." he shook his head.
 
 Some of the ushers began gesturing for the people to get seated and for the dinner to commence, and Chanyeol looked absolutely elated. "Great! It's starting! I'm famished!"
 
"Pig. I'm really sure he's a pig." D.O. mumbled under his breath.
 
The gang moved towards one of the tables and were unfortunately allocated to share the table with Jina and her two minions to make up the numbers to ten.
 
Jina, as always, rushed to get the seat beside Sehun. Sunmi was about to settle down beside Suho when Sehun pulled her over to the seat on his other side, his eyes not meeting hers as she gazed questioningly at him.
 
He just cleared his throat and sat down, making himself comfortable. Sunmi bit back an amused smile as she sat down as well, chuckling softly.
 
Jina was wearing a black mini dress that showed off her voluptuous figure and honey thighs. The dress looked a few sizes smaller than what she should be wearing and it looked likely was almost suffocating her. But well, for vanity, she must pay the price.
 
She shifted her chair closer to Sehun's and smiled. "You look really handsome today in a tux, Sehun oppa." She praised.
 
Sehun gave a nod as he fixed his bow tie, a little self conscious. He turned to Sunmi. "Is it straight?" He whispered.
 
Sunmi laughed softly and reached out to fix his bow tie, which had loosened as he fiddled with it. Sehun smiled at her and muttered a soft thanks.
 
Suho watched them from the side with a slightly wary expression which he tried to hide. He eyed D.O. from the side who was grinning widely. "I think my ship might just sail." He whispered.
 
Suho twisted his lip. "But this ship cannot sail. It'll start a war, cause misery, and a whole lot of complications. It's like titanic, it'll end in a tragedy." He frowned, rubbing his temples.
 
D.O. shrugged. "It's not like the ship left the dock yet, so I think it's okay. For now." He sighed softly. "If only Sehun was from our world, man what would I do for my daughter for this ship to sail."
 
Suho laughed. "You're getting too into the umma role."
 
"Nonsense. Yeobo, aren't you concerned about our daughter's future?" D.O. grinned. "Huh? Sail the ship!"
 
Kai eyed Suho and D.O. with an incredulous expression on his face. "What in the world are you guys talking about? Ships?"
 
D.O. gave a straight faced nod. "Oh yes. Suho would like to be a sailor in the future."
 
Suho rolled his eyes. "And Kyungsoo would like to be the captain of titanic."
 
Kai snorted. "I'm sensing an inside joke I'm not aware of. I'll just let you two discuss about your ships and whatnot." He downed his champagne.
 
Suho's fatherly instincts were immediately activated and he almost reached out to warn Kai about drinking too much, but decided he had other things to worry about.
 
He looked over at Sunmi and Sehun who seemed to be in their own little bubble even as Jina kept interrupting Sunmi's every word.
 
"The ship better not sail." Suho muttered under his breath. "Please."
 
 
 
 
 
 
----
I'M SO SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES T.T
 
I'm back I assure you guys :") I had an influx of presentations and finals the past few weeks and I wasn't able to update since writing that impromptu oneshot.
 
I'm updating all my stories today as my apology :(
 
Thank you for waiting~