The Solution

The Other Side of the Mirror

"Where are you taking me huh huh?" Sehun whined as Sunmi dragged him down the hallways as soon as lessons ended. "I thought you didn't want to help me didn't you? Are you kidnapping me now?"

Sunmi rolled her eyes and ignored Sehun's protest, much to the interest of the onlookers. They watched with great curiosity and wonder as Sunmi dragged Sehun out, and listened as Sehun continued nagging and whining in a completely un-devilish way.

Sunmi pulled Sehun out of the school gates and at once, Sehun saw two cabs which have been flagged down by the EXO-K boys.

Without saying anything, D.O., Baekhyun and Chanyeol hopped into one cab and the rest hopped into the other.

Sehun stood at the side walk, not knowing what he should do.

"Get on." Suho gestured, opening the door. Sehun climbed in clumsily, squeezing Sunmi in between him and Suho.

"Insadong street." Kai instructed the driver. "As fast as possible, Ahjusshi."

The cab rolled off with the other cab following right behind them, speeding down the streets. Sehun looked at Sunmi and pouted.

"Where are we going?" He sulked. "Why isn't anyone telling me anything? Are you guys pranking on me? Because let me tell you I'm really smart and I can tell through your lies at once-"

Sunmi tuned out and pulled out the mirror from her bag. Her finger ran over the engraved words at the back softly as she read it again.

Black and white, day and night. Switch us opposites by daylight.

Were those words really responsible for what had happened?

"-and I have no idea why we're going to Insadong and why aren't any one of you answering my questions?" Sehun rattled on. "I have a right to know what is happening don't I? Just because I fell into a strange world like this-"

"Oh Sehun." Sunmi whispered, effectively cutting him off. She showed him the mirror. "This. This is the reason why you're here."

Sehun stared at the mirror and blinked. "A mirror?" He squeaked. "How can it be?"

Sunmi nodded grimly. "It can. And we have to find out how to undo this mess."

 

 

 

"You mean it worked?" The Han Ahjusshi from the antique shop exclaimed in undisguised delight. "I can't believe it actually worked! I never thought it would!"

D.O. blinked. "Wait what?"

"The mirror!" Han Ahjusshi, as he introduced himself. "I never believed it when that guy told me the mirror could do that when I bought it on Arabia. What a surprise. Amazing!" He enthused.

Baekhyun eyed Han Ahjusshi critically. "What is this thing that the mirror was supposed to have done? Was it really responsible for this strange happening for Sehun?"

Han Ahjusshi smiled and leaned forward enthusiastically. "Before everything, I guess I have to explain where Sehun came from. You see, there's actually two worlds in this universe."

"I'm from another world! I knew it!" Sehun pumped his fists in the air. "No wonder everyone here is so weird and strange and-"

"Just hush for a bit, can't you?" Kai hissed.

"The two worlds are exact replicas of each other. Everything there is in this world, there will be it in the other world. That's how it works." Han Ahjusshi continued explaining without getting affected by Sehun's outburst.

"They are like mirror images of each other, you know?" Han Ahjusshi explained. "Except that even is the appearance of everything is the same, the core and internal character is entirely different. They're opposites."

"Wait so you mean," D.O. looked at Suho hyung. "Since Suho hyung is a role model student here, the president of the Student Council and such, the other Suho in the other world will be a mean sarcastic bastard?"

"Worse. He's the head of a gang which you're all gang members of and he beats up people." Sehun whispered under his breath.

Han Ahjusshi nodded at Sehun's words. "Exactly. See? The better this person is in one world, the worse he is in the other. So if a person is completely average in terms of character, his other self in the other world will be similar to him. Get it?"

Everyone nodded and Suho shifted uncomfortably at the aspect of another him.

"But if that's the case, how did the other Sehun get transported into our world?" Sunmi asked, swallowing hard. "Is it really the words at the back of the mirror? Is it some sort of spell?"

Han Ahjusshi nodded. "Yes. If one reads the words out, the first person or people to be reflected in the mirror will be transported into the other world by the next morning. I just soft imagine it would happen." He eyed Sehun in wonder.

"You see, the thing about the both worlds is that they exist in each other's mirror. The point where the worlds meet is the mirror itself. Some mirrors allow you to see into the other world, some mirrors allow you to beTRANSPORTED to the other world."

Chanyeol swallowed and shifted out of view of large antique mirror hanging on the wall.

Han Ahjusshi chuckled at his reaction. "Not all mirrors though. Usual mirrors only allow you to see reflections of your own world. But this mirror apparently..." He grinned down at the mirror in his hand. "Allows you to switch places with your other self in the other world." He said in awe.

Suho frowned suspiciously at him. "Wait, why do you sound so surprised?" He realized. "Shouldn't you have tested this thing already?"

Han Ahjusshi grinned sheepishly. "Well you see the thing is....the mirror can only transport one person or that few people once. Only once." He shrugged. "Wouldn't want to be stuck in the other world and not be able to return, right?"

Sehun's jaw dropped and he instantly paled. The EXO-K boys looked at each other while Sunmi gaped at him. "And you gave that mirror to me?" She shrieked. "If the Devil hasn't snatched the mirror from me then, the one stuck on the other world would have been me?"

Han Ahjusshi nodded.

Sunmi let out a shaky breath. It had almost been her. Just almost. If the Devil hadn't been the rude self-loving bastard he was, the one stuck on the other side would be her.

"But what about me?" Sehun whispered, clearly shaken. Even Kai put a shoulder in Sehun's shoulder to comfort him. "I'm stuck here in this world that's not mine! How am I supposed to get back?" He cried, sniffling loudly.

Sunmi softened and felt pity and sympathy flow through her unconsciously. She felt bad to be relieved that the person in this situation wasn't her, but she really was relieved. She wouldn't want to be in Sehun's situation even if you gave her a thousand million bucks.

"Well you can look for other mirrors-" Han Ahjusshi started.

"Other mirrors?" Sunmi questioned, brightening up.

"There are other mirrors like this all around the world. They're rare of course, but they're there. That's what the man told me when he sold me this." Han Ahjusshi touched the mirror. "I didn't believe him then but well, I didn't believe it could transport me to the other world either."

Sehun calmed down after Han Ahjusshi's words and bit his lip. "So all I have to do is find another one of this mirrors and I can get home?" He wondered.

Han Ahjusshi nodded.

Sehun took a sharp breath of hope and unexpectedly met Summi's eyes. She sent him a small smile and nod. "We'll help you." She promised.

-----

"So..." Baekhyun muttered awkwardly as the seven of them were seated at a cafeteria, sipping their drinks after all that confusion and excitement. "We've got to find that mirror."

The boys nodded in unison as they pondered their next move. Even though they didn't like the Devil and the whole situation was none of their problem, they couldn't just leave Sehun in this mess without helping. It just wasn't like them.

And besides, it was their great pal Sunmi who had some sort of a responsibility in this so they HAD to lend a helping hand. Even if they weren't very keen for the Devil to return.

"Of course we have to." Suho murmured. "Someone has got to realize something is dreadfully wrong. Actually I think the entire school already knows something is up. They just don't realize that it's not the Devil acting, and that it's actually a different person they're seeing."

D.O. sighed softly. "Who would have known there was another world out there?" he whispered in awe.

They lapsed into a momentarily burst of silence till Chanyeol decided to break it. "If that's the case, how are we over at the other side?" he asked Sehun in interest. "Is the other Chanyeol as dashing as I am? How is he like?"

All eyes narrowed in on Sehun in interest as Sehun tapped in his chin. 'Oh you guys? Back in where I came from, EXO-K is the deadliest gang ever. You guys beat people without reason and especially Suho. You take drugs." he eyed the leader, slightly wary.

Sunmi felt protective of Suho all of a sudden. "Well if the boys are that rotten over there, doesn't that mean the boys are angels over on this side?" she defended. "Especially Suho. If that Suho's so rotten, this Suho is a proven gentleman."

Suho smiled at Sunmi's words and she found herself pinking at her outburst. Oh keep your feelings to yourself Kim Sunmi.

"Glad I'm a justified good man." Baekhyun grinned to himself.

"So this means you weren't lying when you said Lee Jina was your best friend." Sunmi looked at Sehun, biting her lip. "That Jina must be really nice and kind."

"How did you know!" Sehun smiled. "Jina is my one and only fri-...I mean my best friend." he clarified, clearing his throat. He fanned himself at his near slip up. No one needed to know how much of a loser he was at the other side. Seeing how successful this Sehun was doing at school kind of gave the hint of his life back there.

"By the way," Chanyeol asked slyly, grinning. "Which one of the EXO-K boys are the least bad over there?"

"Least bad?" Sehun wondered, tapping his chin. "I think it's Kai. I saw him helping a begger before when the other gangsters weren't around."

Kai swelled in pride. "See? Be it this Kai or that, we're all..." he faltered when he saw Chanyeol's grinning face and realized what he was on about. "Damn it! I'm not that mean alright?" he huffed, annoyed. "You tricked me."

"But what are we going to do in the mean time before we find the other mirror?" Suho cut in, turning to Sehun seriously. "No one can know you aren't him. It's too dangerous." he frowned. "I doubt you'd want to be the guinea pig for all scientific experiments."

"You'll have to convince the other people that you're indeed the Oh Sehun Devil from the past." D.O, clicked his tongue, his eyes falling on Sehun's gelled neat hair. "Which is kind of hard at the moment." he added under his breath.

Sehun let out a huge dramatic sigh and propped his chin up with his elbows. "Why must this happen to me?" he whined. "I want to go back. WHYYYYYY!!!!"

Sunmi shook her head in amusement as she watched Sehun silently.

Boy was this Sehun different from the Devil.