Boyfriend

The Other Side of the Mirror

The EXO-K boys gaped at Sehun with opened jaws and Sunmi buried her face in her hands.

Sehun didn't seem to realize the severity of what he just said because he was still yakking away despite the completely shocked expressions on everyone's faces.

"-say that to her and you'll have to answer to me." Sehun continued on, gaining momentum. "You don't have a right to insult Sunmi like that because she's my girlfriend and you'll never be!"

He huffed angrily and frowned at Jina's friend. Jina herself looked absolutely outraged and it took everything she had right then to not slap Sunmi on the cheek right then and there.

"Sehun oppa." Jina choked out in a sweet annoying voice. "I had no idea you already had a girlfriend."

Sehun blinked down at Sunmi who didn't dare look at him and was trying to pull her hands away from his steel-like grip. He realized he was still holding onto her hand and he promptly dropped it, his face burning red.

"Huh what?" Sehun blinked back to reality as the rage cleared from his mind. "Wait I just said...I just said she's my girlfriend!" His eyes widened.

Sunmi shot an accusing look at his direction and shook her head. Oh joy, really.

"This is some sort of joke right, Sehun oppa?" Jina touched Sehun's arm lightly. "I thought you liked me back. You can't be dating someone else!"

Sehun swallowed and looked down at Sunmi who didn't dare meet his eyes. Well yes he liked her. A lot. But but...he couldn't just stand at the side and watch other people criticize and insult Sunmi like that.

Being linked to him in a photo already caused her so much trouble so why not just go ahead with all the ? Perhaps if affirmed the suspicions that they were dating, the girls wouldn't dare touch Sunmi because he had her back. Because he knew for sure that if he didn't do anything, the criticisms and insults wouldn't stop by themselves.

Sehun looked down at Jina's grip on his arm and he swallowed. Sorry Jina...

"I'm dating Sunmi." Sehun repeated again, louder this time. The entire cafeteria seemed to have quietened down to watch this dramatic spectacle. Some were every recording the entire thing down on film.

"So don't touch her." He hissed as fiercely as he could and plopped himself beside Sunmi, grabbing half her sandwich and eating it like nothing happened.

Sunmi casted her gaze downwards, not daring to look up as she knew everyone's gaze would be on her most definitely.

Despite how her mind was screaming how ridiculous the entire set up was, she couldn't help but feel a little touched at how Sehun rushed out to help her even though she could have been better without his help.

His act warmed her. Just a little bit.

 

 

 

"Why in the world did you tell everyone that we're dating?" Sunmi groaned. "You could haven't the rumors die down naturally after several weeks, and no, you decide to fuel them with enough to talk about for the entire year." After the initial faint feeling of being touched, Sunmi decided that his act was all in all foolish.

"The pictures really did look a little suspicious though." Kai narrowed his eyes at Sunmi and Sehun. "You sure there isn't anything funny going on between you two?"

Sunmi and Sehun gaped at each other, mirroring their shock. "NO!"

Sehun groaned and tore at his hair. "I just...wasn't thinking that much when I saw Jina's friend insulting Sunmi like that." He defended.

Sunmi huffed. "Well obviously you didn't think at all."

"Hey!" Sehun frowned, pouting. "I was defending you wasn't I? I thought they were rude and mean to keep picking on you because of a few pictures so why not just go with the flow? Guess going with the flow wasn't such a good idea."

Suho patted Sunmi's head when he saw her pout. "He meant well, Sunmi. You can't blame him for wanting to help either." He reasoned.

Sunmi sighed and nodded.

"So right now, you two will just have to keep up the pretense of dating each other." Suho told them, shrugging. "Since this is what you told the others."

Sehun propped his chin up with his elbows. "At least this means I can stick with you guys openly. I can't stand another minute with my so-called friends." He cringed. He looked at Sunmi apologetically. "It's just that we'll have to pretend."

"Can't they fake a break up?" Kai asked, raising his brows. "The problem will be solved wont it?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "Not exactly. Maknae only said they were dating because he wanted to protect Sunmi from the criticisms and evil looks for his fangirls. If she loses this protection within this crucial period...." He shrugged. "Oww."

D.O. grinned at the two mischievously. "So I guess you two will have to pretend being a couple for the time being then?" He looked thoroughly excited at the thought.

Sunmi and Sehun looked at each other and groaned together.

"I wonder what will happen if we suddenly find the enchanted mirror and the devil comes back, only to find that he's supposedly dating a girl he hated." Chanyeol clapped gleefully. "Awesome!"

-----

"Hold her hand damn it." Kai hissed from behind them. "You two are supposed to be dating and instead you're looking like two south poles."

Sehun and Sunmi looked at each other in horror. Sehun swallowed and he gingerly reached out, his fingers grasping Sunmi's hesitantly.

It was entirely different from the time when he just impulsively grabbed her hand and declared he was her boyfriend. Not hot blooded and thoroughly thinking right now, it seemed a little embarrassing.

Sehun threaded his fingers through hers and pulled her closer till their shoulders bumped. Sunmi lowered her gaze to the ground as she felt the stares from all around them. "This is all your fault." She whispered.

Sehun pouted at her. "Sorry for wanting to help." He murmured back.

The EXO-K boys followed behind the couple as they did their official walk back to the classrooms after Sehun's big announcement.

Baekhyun grinned at the two in front of him. "Oh look how awkward the two are."

Sehun and Sunmi were holding hands, yes. But boy, Sehun looked like it was the first time he ever held a girl's hands and Sunmi looked so stiff that it was hard to imagine she had taken gymnastics when she was younger.

"I think they look cute together though." D.O. commented, grinning. "I think it'd be cute if the two of them ended up together for real."

"And what, have a fantasy love story between two worlds?" Kai retorted, shaking his head. "This is reality, not some fairy-tale. You think like a girl, Kyungsoo."

D.O. reddened and Baekhyun nudged him playfully. "You've been secretly reading fanfiction haven't you?" He teased.

D.O. reddened and cleared his throat in embarrassment. "AISH!"

Suho just chuckled and observed the couple in front of them. What D.O. said was really quite romantic, but Suho hoped it wouldn't come true. After all, how was two people from different worlds supposed to date?

Sehun and Sunmi turned the corner to walk to their class and whispers got louder as more people got to know about the biggest news. Sunmi shifted uncomfortably beside Sehun. "If this is how your girlfriends are going to feel, I pity them."

Sehun shrugged. "I'm not the Devil so it's his girlfriends that are going to go through this suffering." He looked at her. "Well unless you want to date the Devil when he comes back."

Sunmi's eyes widened and she nearly gagged. "No thank you." She shook her head.

Sehun grinned slyly and leaned closer. "If you feel so disgusted at the thought of dating the Devil, does this mean you're okay with dating me since I'm the opposite of him?"

Jaws dropping, Sunmi reached out and punched Sehun's arm hard. "What in the worl-" she faltered when her too-strong momentum knocked the balance out of her feet and she wobbled dangerously.

Sehun immediately caught her waist and pulled her flush against him without thinking. Sunmi slammed against his shoulder and let out a ragged breath. "Woah."

"Careful." Sehun released her and sent her a look, taking her hand again. "First you punch my arm and then your face decides to crash itself against the same spot. I feel pain you know."

Sunmi grinned sheepishly. "Well thanks then."

They turned to the front, only to realize that their little act had attracted more attention than possible. There were even cameras whipped out for goodness sake.

Both blushed pink as they broke apart from each other immediately, looking in opposite directions as if nothing happened. Psshhh yeah. Nothing. The two cleared their throats and walked back to their class, trying hard to pretend that the entire school population wasn't looking at them. Trust it, it wasn't easy to pretend so.

Sunmi slipped into her seat and Sehun was about to walk past hers to his when she stopped him. "I just want to say, thanks." she whispered, not looking at him. "Even if your words caused a lot of dreadful after effects, thanks. Thanks for standing up for me."

Sehun's eyes rounded in surprise as he turned to look at her properly but Sunmi already plopped down in her seat, taking out her book and pretending to read it. A small smile crept up his lips and Sehun chuckled softly, moving back to his own seat.

Perhaps he was regretting his words right now, but if the same scene happened again, he might do the same thing once more.

 

 

-----

Hi guys~

For those who thought I died or something, nope nope I didn't. Please please PLEASE read my blog if you find me disappearing for long periods of time not updating anything at all because I have at least that decency to inform my readers of what I'm up to.

Sorry for not updating but lol not really xD I'm unlikely to choose sitting in front of a computer typing as opposed to going for fun and games haha.

So yay I'm back~