Cheater Cheater

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sunmi thought Sehun would make an excellent soccer player, not for his soccer skills but acting skills.

He managed to make such a big deal of his fall that the coach looked positively panic-stricken and was about to call for the ambulance for Sehun.

And that was how Sehun got out of soccer practice that day. Sly pig, that guy was.

But anyway, Sunmi was glad that he didn't have to worry about throwing everyone off with his "soccer skills" that didn't exist. Funny how it was Lee Jina that kind of saved him from the soccer practice with his long y legs. Heh.

Perhaps after knowing that the cheerleader had the same practice timings as the soccer boys, Sehun would try harder for the practices. Sunmi could only dream.

With another Sehun posing as the Devil, things were getting slightly out of hand when their differences showed. Especially when their differences were so great, and not only in soccer.

The next heart stopping moment came the very next day in the first period lesson: mathematics.

The EXO-K boys and Sunki were so occupied with worrying for the previous day's soccer practice which Sehun managed to get off successfully, that they forgot there was a mathematics test that morning.

It wasn't until they were gathering in the hallway and grabbing their books for class that they realized it. D.O. was casually reading out the timetable so that his friends could get the books they needed for the day, when he suddenly blinked at the tiny note he made at the side.

"Note to self: Math test on Thursday math first period....!!!!!" D.O.'s eyes widened and he looked around at his friends in panic. "Oh my god I can't believe we forgot about it! There's a math test on topics 3 to 5!"

Kai stumbled over his feet and slammed himself against the lockers in a very unflattering manner. He whipped his head over to D.O. in shock and panic. "You're kidding! I didn't study!"

"Neither did I!" Chanyeol was trying to snatch the math textbook from Baekhyun as he tried to read over his buddy's shoulder. "I'm dead. I'm so dead." He chanted.

Sunmi and Suho were the only ones that looked calm. Sunmi because her best subject was in math and Suho because he revised everything he learned at school every single night so even if he didn't study, he could keep up with the test just fine.

"What's topic 3-5?" D.O. groaned as he saw the topics. "Induction! I hate induction! I can't ever prove the stupid thing!" He sighed in frustration and moved on to the next topic in resignation.

Suho looked at his watch and frowned. "Bad news, guys. Lesson starts in five."

"NOOOO!!" Kai grabbed at his hair frustratedly as he tried to stuff everything his eyes could read into his brain. Too bad math didn't work that way, dude.

Sunmi looked over at Sehun who was together with his "friends" and he looked particularly calm even though his lackeys were in similar degree of panic as they tried to read as much of the textbook as they could before the test.

She almost wondered if Sehun knew about the test, seeing how relaxed and laid-back he seemed. He only just entered their world, he couldn't have had time to study for this one.

However as the students piled into the classroom and Sunmi eye contact with Sehun, he actually gave her a small smile that looked confident and super sure of himself. Ahem Oh Sehun, you do know that there's a test coming up don't you?

The students settled into their own seats, some looking anxious, some looking pale like it was the end of the world, and some actually looking eager for the test to start. Teacher Jung walked into the classroom with a thick stack of papers and she eyed the students through her thick rimmed glasses. "The test is going to be one period long: 45 minutes. You have one minute to keep all your textbooks and put your bags at either ends of the classroom." she clicked her tongue.

The students bustled around, some even trying to memorize some of the formulas just seconds before the test began. Sehun settled into his seat and stretched himself slightly, grabbing one of his pens and grinning to himself. Tests were nothing to him, and he was actually one of the few that actually liked the darn thing.

You see, it wasn't a challenge to pass it for someone like Sehun. He had to admit that learning came easy to him because he didn't have to use a lot of effort to memorize and understand things unlike some of his other peers, but he could defend himself that he too worked really hard for his results. So what if he was a loser and a nerd back in his world? He would bet half the school population would kill to get the number of A's he was having.

The teacher handed out the test papers and Sehun's fingers were itching to start their usual scribble. He saw D.O. closing his eyes and clasping his hands together, facing up to the ceiling and looking like he was praying for some sort of miracle. He saw Baekhyun looking deathly pale as he eyed the front page of the test paper where he was supposed to write his name, as if that was the most difficult thing he had to fill in.

Sehun glanced in front of him secretly and saw Sunmi smiling to herself as she wrote down her name, waiting for Teacher Jung to announce the start of the test. He grinned at her behavior and recognized how similiar she was behaving as compared to himself.

*Didn't think the school bully Kim Sunmi would get excited for a test.* Sehun chuckled to himself.

And he almost forgot to flip the page when Teacher Jung announced the start.

-----

"I'm so positive I failed." Chanyeol groaned softly as they were doing problem sums. "I couldn't prove the two equations no matter how hard I tried. Are you sure those two are supposed to be equals to the same thing?"

"As much as I don't like Teacher Jung, I doubt she'll be that evil to give us an unsolvable sum." Suho laughed softly. "Try harder next time." he patted Chanyeol on the shoulder, making the latter sulk.

Teacher Jung had given the students a list of problem sum questions to do while she marked their test papers during the second period of the math lesson. The students were supposed to be doing their work but most of them were secretly discussing the answers to some of the test questions they had just done.

Sunmi bit her lip as she listened to Baekhyun complain about how hard the test was. "I honestly thought it could be harder." she actually sounded a little deflated at that aspect. "More of a challenge."

Baekhyun looked at her, horrified, while Kai flicked her forehead instantly. "Spare a thought for us less intelligent beings, you straight A's scorer." he muttered.

Sunmi grinned sheepishly and she secretly turned behind to peek at Sehun. Sehun looked positively bored as his "friends" were yakking about how they were going to fail big time, (which Sunmi had no doubt they would), and he unexpectedly met her gaze as he looked up.

Sunmi raised her brows at him questioningly and Sehun grinned, nodding in assurance. Sunmi wrinkled her nose at him once and turned back to the front. Hm...seemed like the Devil's imposter did well.

She twisted her lips in slightly worry. But hopefully not to well. It wasn't unknown that the Devil was handsome and sporty, but most definitely very NOT bright.

Sehun on the other hand, stifled a yawn as he drowned the yakking all around him. He overheard Jina talking about make up and shoes and wondered if she had done really well for the test, because she didn't seem concerned over it at all.

He smiled to himself as he remembered the Jina back in his world. That Jina was clever as well. She usually scored second, of which first place would go to him.

Teacher Jung continued marking the papers one by one, sometimes shaking her head in desperation and sometimes grinning while nodding and marking. The students could only hope their papers were the ones described in the latter.

All of a sudden, Teacher Jung's brows furrowed deeper and deeper. Her frown rapidly turned into a scowl of pure disgust as she flipped through the pages, her eyes scanning the answers quickly. Sunmi observed her teacher's reaction and wondered who's test paper it was in her hands.

She didn't need to wonder for long.

"Oh Sehun, come up here!" Teacher Jung barked.

All eyes fell onto Sehun and he blinked, surprised. He pointed at himself. "Me?"

"Yes you. Here. NOW!" Teacher Jung heaved, her face getting redder and redder by the second. Sehun rose from his seat gingerly and his puppies cooed from his side. "Ooh she looks angry, hyung. Good luck and fighting!" they whispered.

Sehun moved to the front of the class, passing by Sunmi's table and exchanging puzzled looks with her. It seemed this wasn't a common occurance in this world.

"Oh Sehun, tell me what is this?" Teacher Jung slapped Sehun's test paper on the table and scowled deeply, looking horredously upset.

Sehun peeked at the paper and trembled. "M-My test paper?" he squeaked. He didn't see what was wrong with the whole thing. He got all the questions right didn't he?

"Exactly." Teacher Jung snapped. "And can you tell me how many marks you got for this math test, out of thirty?"

Sehun glanced at the box on the top right corner of the paper. "T-Twenty E-eight?" Sehun stuttered, swallowing hard. There came immediately murmurs of disbelief through the class as they discussed what was happening.

Twenty eight? Twenty eight out of thirty for a math test set by Teacher Jung? That was crazily good.

And not to mention this was Oh Sehun they were talking about. How on earth did Oh Sehun manage to get twenty eight out of thirty for a math test? Insane. Unbelievable.

"Exactly." Teacher Jung narrowed her eyes at Sehun. "Can you tell me how you got these questions correct when you usually got single digit scores for tests like these?" she demanded. "Can you honestly tell me these answers were thought from your brain? Can you?"

Sehun took a step back in disbelief. Wait...what? Was Teacher Jung actually accusing him of cheating? Sehun felt a shiver of dread down his spine. He had never been accused of anything as bad as this even back in his world. Accusing someone of cheating was not only looking down on their capabilities, but also looking down on their moral values. Sehun felt utterly insulted.

"I thought of these answers. I solved them one by one, see I have the workings right here." Sehun pointed desperately, growing red in the face. It didn't help that the murmurs within the students were getting louder and it seemed none of them believed him.

"Oh Sehun, I'm disappointed in you." Teacher Jung snapped. "How can you lie even at this point? There is no way you can produce such quality of work within such a short time unlesss you're a completely different person! And to think I thought you would own up to your own acts willingly. Tell me Oh Sehun, did you cheat, or not?"

Everyone's gazes zeroed in on Sehun as he took a deep breath. "Not." he whispered softly, but everyone heard

Sehun wanted to scream about how unfair it was but at the same time could see sense because the Devil had been handing in completely different work all these time. BUT I'M NOT HIM! He wanted to scream. I'M NOT DUMB LIKE HE IS!

Sehun looked back at the class and saw gazes of disgust directed at him. His group of puppies looked at him sympathetically, but none of them seemed to think Sehun didn't do it. Sehun's gaze trailed to Jina desperately and she blew him a soft kiss, sighing softly in a dramatic manner and gesturing a fighting sign.

What? He didn't need her support in this manner! He didn't need her supporting him morally while he went through punishments for something he didn't do. He needed her support and belief that he didn't do it.

"Oh Sehun, you're such a liar, I thought I taught you better than that." Teacher Jung frowned. "Detention everyday for two hours from now one, and this is going to last a month-"

"Seongsaengnim."

All eyes narrowed down on the person who dared disrupt Teacher Jung's words. Sunmi's cheeks were flushed but not neccessarily from embarrassment, as she stared straight at Teacher Jung.

"Seongsaengnim, I don't think Oh Sehun cheated."