Is he jealous?

The Other Side of the Mirror

"I still think you and Sehun look cute together." D.O. commented.

Sunmi shot the mother of the group a look and D.O. just shrugged, grinning. "Believe me, it's my mother's instincts." he grinned jokingly. "I just think you two make a cute picture together. What with him beaming and smiling all the time and you looking clueless."

Sunmi punched D.O.'s arm lightly. "Way to go, he's smiley and I'm blur?" she huffed. "Talk about being biased."

D.O. laughed softly as he collected the last orange can from the vending machine while Sunmi gathered the change. The two of them juggled seven cans of drinks between them as they made their way back to the table. Sehun had taken a permanent seat with them at the cafeteria and even in class and it was under the name of "being closer with his girlfriend".

Which was obviously complete bull since he couldn't get away from his other soccer "friends" in the first place.

As Sunmi walked, a billion girls glared in her way and Sunmi was kind of getting used to it already. Just stare ahead and ignore that's what. The thing about being officially Sehun's girlfriend was that even as the girls were glaring holes into her head, they didn't dare to insult her face to face like they did before. It seemed Sehun's status was really quite useful.

"But really, I still think you two look cute together and I remain in my stand even if you hit me again." D.O. grinned at Sunmi, laughing at how both her hands were occupied with the drinks. Sunmi wrinkled her face and bumped his shoulders instead to show her disapproval.

"You're such a girl Kyungsoo." Sunmi muttered, making a face. "You're like shipping the both of us. Which is an impossible thing because he's Oh Sehun." she shuddered.

D.O. blinked and beamed. "Exactly. I am and I'm proud of it. I don't see why you don't like him that way because he isn't the Devil. But well whatever suits you, it's good you're not falling for him even with his cute smiles. After all, he belongs somewhere else."

"Right on." Sunmi murmured, finally reaching the table and plopping the drinks down. Chanyeol clapped estatically and grabbed the root beer before Baekhyun could get it, making the latter pout. "Keep on sailing your ship and see it sink."

D.O. stuck his tongue out but he watched carefully as Sunmi plopped into her designated seat beside Sehun. Suho looked up and blinked in confusion. "What ship?"

"Oh nothing." Sunmi reddened and waved the matter off, narrowing her eyes at D.O. and daring him to speak. "Kyungsoo's being stupid."

D.O. just shrugged at Suho's questioning gaze and ate his lunch quietly. He peered from the corner of his eye at Sehun who was trying to sneak his vegetables onto Sunmi's plate discreetly and was unfortunately caught by her, in turn getting a whack in the head.

He shrugged as he chewed his rice thoughtfully. "I still think they look cute together." he murmured to himself.

"What's that you said?" Kai turned to D.O., thinking that his hyung spoke to him. D.O. shook his head sheepishly and turned back to his lunchbox. ", I think I'm watching too many dramas lately." he muttered.

 

 

 

Sehun nudged Sunmi and frowned at her and Sunmi cleared , inching away from him and shooting him a look. Sehun let out an annoyed ragged breath and inched nearer to her, growling softly.

Sunmi hissed and moved further away from him again. "Stop it." she whispered.

Sehun pouted at her and narrowed his eyes. "I thought we were supposed to do it. You agreed. Are you backing out now?" he whispered back. "Unfair!"

Sunmi glanced up at the guy that was approaching their table and she felt her heart skip a beat involuntarily. She looked back at Sehun's eager face and she instantly cowered. No way, she had to rethink this. "I'm taking back my words." she whispered.

"Why!" Sehun looked disappointed. "I'm just trying to help you here! Do you want to know how he feels or not?" he jabbed her at the side of the waist and Sunmi jerked slightly, biting her lips in hesitation. "I do want to know..." she muttered.

"What are you waiting for?" Sehun peered in front from behind his bangs and saw that their target was already a mere ten metres away. "He's coming! Are you on it or not?"

"I...I..." Sunmi looked up at met Suho's eyes, and the latter gave her a charming smile that sent crazy butterflies fluttering in her tummy. She swallowed hard and turned back, only to meet Sehun's encouraging brown orbs. Oh darn it, hell yes she wanted to know.

She gave a subtle nod at Sehun and he instantly grinned, taking her hand without missing a beat and interlacing their fingers together. They both still felt uncomfortable at the entire touchy feelly thing but both were getting used of it a little. Kind of expected if you were holding someone else's hand almost every second of the day.

Suho smiled at the two as he sat down on the opposite side of the wooden table. "Hey what are you two still doing in school? The rest went home already did they not?" he inquired.

Sehun nodded. "Yup. But I wanted to stay back to study and Sunmi wanted to copy my homework." he grinned.

Sunmi's jaw dropped as she snapped her head towards him. "Excuse me? Since when did I copy your work?" she gaped. "Like I NEED to copy your work when yours probably has more mistakes than mine."

Sehun waved the matter off. "Lucky strikes." he looked back at Suho. "Did your Council Meeting just end? Only just?" he raised his brows and looked at his watch. "Wow that took three hours."

Suho sighed softly and rubbed his temples, looking tired. Sunmi's gaze immediately softened as she gazed at him, tender and worried. "Yeah it dragged on forever. Too many things to settle especially with the upcoming school events. Not particularly encouraging when none of the councillors are willing to stay back to help out with it. It's quite annoying."

Sunmi nodded sympathetically and opened to speak when she felt a sharp squeeze at her hand. Her gaze snapped to Sehun and he shook his head at her, pouting. Sunmi raised her brows in question and Sehun shook his head again. Gosh didn't this girl get it? They were supposed to make Suho jealous, and this wasn't a chance of her to fawn over him like she usually did.

Suho ended his rant and looked between the two. "Am I disturbing you two from your study with my rant? Maybe I should go now." he blinked.

"No it's okay, why don't you sit and study with us?" Sehun offered, raising his hand to scratch his cheek. The action would have seemed really natural if not for the fact that the hand he raised was the one that was already holding Sunmi's. Sunmi blinked as Sehun scratched his own cheek and appeared to not mind how her fingers were right there obstructing his own.

Suho too looked a little puzzled. "You two are holding hands while studying?"

Sehun gasped dramatically and Sunmi wanted to smack her face in the wall. If this was his supposed acting she would think that they should call off the entire play right now because it was really really convincing. Not.

"Oh we still are!" Sehun finally let go off Sunmi's hand as if he just realized he was holding it. "This couple act is becoming a habit. We've held each other's hand for SO LONG that I forget to let go." he emphasized, his eyes scanning Suho's face for any response.

Suho just laughed. "I don't see how you can, Sehun, seeing how both of you are right handed. How did you write when your hand was holding Sunmi's before I came?"

Sunmi shot daggers at Sehun with her super razor eyes and Sehun inwardly cringed. Oww, never thought about that. "Must have...uhm, held her hand out of habit when I stopped writing. That's it." Sehun laughed awkwardly.

Banging her head against the wall mentally, Sunmi just forced a smile. Oh Sehun! She shot him another glare and this time Sehun caught it. He shrugged and huffed, mouthing "what???!" with an innocent expression. Oh if only she could kill this guy...

A chuckle broke Sunmi out of her mental breakdown. Suho smiled at the two of them and got up from the seat. "I can see what D.O. was talking about. You two really do look cute together." he commented. "Even if you two are a fake couple. I'll be going home, my sister needs help with her homework. See you two tomorrow." he waved as he went off.

Sunmi stared blankly at him as he left, her mind repeating his words. Sehun and her looked cute together? Why was everyone saying that! She didn't mind if D.O. told her that, that guy was just plain motherly. But Suho...Suho...Suho couldn't have really thought that could he?

A small whimper slipped through her lips and Sehun snapped his eyes to her in alarm. He didn't get why she was so upset at first but when he replayed Suho's last words, he finally got it. Well it did seem a little discouraging, but Suho might be joking right? Girls, they tended to overanalyze things.

Wordlessly, Sehun packed his and her stuff and led her out of school. It seemed their studying time was over.

Time for ice cream.

-----

"He doesn't like me." Sunmi stabbed her strawberry ice cream sullenly. "He doesn't doesn't like me."

Sehun winced as he stared at the dessert. Oh Sunmi please don't take it out on the innocent ice cream... "Maybe the words just slipped out of his mouth without him meaning it." Sehun suggested.

Sunmi sighed and lowered her gaze. "If that's it, it's even worse. It means he's subconsciously thinking that we look cute together, that's why he blurted it out. He really doesn't like me." she sighed.

"He never said it out loud, did he?" Sehun frowned. "Don't get disheartened so quickly, maybe he was lying. Maybe he says we look cute together but secretly thinks that you and him would look cuter together."

"Perhaps." Sunmi shoved the ice cream into and sighed again. "It doesn't seem to be working, this jealousy thing. Especially with your terrible acting." she eyed him.

"Excuse me but I tried my best." Sehun huffed, defending himself. "It isn't my fault that Suho hyung kind of...cracked the case like a FBI agent. Maybe he saw through us, that's why he gave an answer like that. Maybe he secretly likes you and is enjoying the show of how you're trying to make him jealous!" he brightened.

Sunmi shook her head. "I know Suho, he's not someone who would do something as sadistic as that." she sighed as the situation didn't look too well in her perception. "But thanks anyway, for trying."

Sehun shrugged. "Did what I could. At least if I help you get the guy, you'd be thanking me in your head everytime he holds your hand and I'll be sneezing on the other side of the mirror and wondering what the hell happened." he grinned.

Sunmi laughed softly and shook her head. "Dork." she stuck her tongue out at him. "I really wonder why they say we look cute together. How blind can they be? Obviously someone like me can't look compatible with someone like you." she wrinkled her nose.

"Excuse me, someone like me should only look cute with a girl like Jina." Sehun harrumphed. At the mention of his beloved, he let out a dreamy sigh. "I wonder what she's doing now." he murmured, smiling. "Thinking of me too?"

Sunmi shook her head again and ate the rest of her mashed up strawberry ice cream. "More likely to be planning how to snatch you from me." she murmured.