Learning to be a Devil

The Other Side of the Mirror

"First thing's first, we've got to get rid of these awful glasses that's obstructing people from seeing your face." Kai muttered professionally. "And then get you a freaking hair cut and throw all your gel away. This is 2013, not 1991 and you're not Draco Malfoy."

Sehun pouted and bit his lip as he listened. "Do I have to change how I look? I like how I am right now." he sulked. "Unattractive works."

"Yeah but right here you're supposed to be the attractive Devil so live like him." D.O. frowned and muttered under his breath. "And we've got to work on how you pout and whine incessantly. That's so un-Devil-like."

Chanyeol rubbed his hands together excitedly and grinned. "So we're going to do a makeover for our Sehun here?" he exclaimed in absolute excitement. "Oooh I love makeovers. It's like the 2000 pounds Beauty show. I always loved that show."

Baekhyun frowned at Chanyeol and raised a brow. "You mean 200. 2000 pounds...is the girl a freaking giant or something?" he shook his head in amusement.

Suho looked over at Sehun and patted his shoulder. "It's kind of necessary since you're living over here under the disguise of the Devil. You've got to act like him." he persuaded. "It's not going to last long if we find another one of those enchanted mirrors soon." he offered.

Sehun nodded obediently, finally relenting.

-----

"NO STOP THIS TORTURE! JUST LET ME DIE!!!!" Sehun shrieked, making passersby peer in curiously into the optical shop when they walked past and heard the screaming that seriously hinted a possible murder being conducted. "NOOOOOO!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!!"

Baekhyun sighed and rolled his eyes. "Dude, we've been at this for two hours and we haven't even gotten the darn thing close to your eyes yet. Will you just chill?"

Sehun sniffled and shook his head. His eyes were red from both crying and rubbing, and also a bit of trying to open them wide. If you worked in an optical shop, it was always half-amusing and half-annoying to see some of the first time contact-lenses customers try on the lenses for the first time.

There were some, of course, that managed to get the contact lenses in within the first few minutes. Big eyed people usually had the advantage since they didn't really need to pry their eyes open that much.

Too bad for our dear Sehun over her that his eyes weren't THAT small, but he couldn't be considered extremely big eyed either if you want to compare him to Teen Top's Chunji or his non-existent-lover-in-this-world Luhan. Hence for Sehun, there was some "prying the eyes open and sticking a foreign object into your eyes" process needed.

It was particularly annoying for constant contact lens users because well, we all knew how easy it was to get the little piece of clear rubbery substance in.

But well there was a first time for everything, wasn't there?

"NOOOOO!!!!" Sehun screamed again, squeezing his eyes shut when Suho tried to make him try the lenses again. "I'm going to die!"

"Sehun." Sunmi sighed, exasperated. "Baekhyun's right. You've been at this for two hours, I thought you would have calmed down by now. Just open your eyes, stuck it in, done. Is it that difficult?" she frowned.

Kai raised his brows at her and leaned over to her. "If I didn't remember wrongly someone used a great half and hour to get one lens in her eyes the first time she wore it." he whispered.

Sunmi cleared and pretended to look innocent. "Half an hour isn't considered long if you compare it to how long Sehun is taking." she murmured. She walked over to him and sat down on the chair beside him. Sehun was leaning as far as he could, away from the two innocent lenses swimming in the solution.

"Sehun." Sunmi frowned and poked him in the arm. "Be a man."

"I am a man without needing to poke to things into my eyes." Sehun shuddered at the thought. "Can we not do this?" he sniffled, pouting again.

Sunmi shook her head in amusement at how different he was from the Devil. "Okay tell you what, if you manage to wear it, we'll go for ice cream after this." she bargained, mentally smacking herself in the brain when she realized what she said. Oh please, like he would fall for it. Was he three or something?

"Oooh ice cream!" Sehun brightened. He deliberated on it for a few moments before picking up the contact lens from the solution and trying again. "Fine I'm going to do this."

Sunmi blinked in surprise at his reaction and met Suho's laughing eyes. Her own eyes rounded and she let out a short laugh of amusement and disbelief, smiling widely at Sehun. Oh sheesh dude!

As she was still trying to get over how easily she conned Sehun into doing what she wanted, his happy loud shriek came ringing through the air and snapping her to attention.

"IT'S IN! OH MY GAWD I CAN SEE!!!! I'M NOT DEAD!!!!" Sehun blinked rapidly as a few tears trickled from his eyes.

Kai blew on his bangs and didn't know whether to smile or facepalm himself. "He's not from another world. He's from another planet." he muttered.

-----

"-and you must..." D.O. frowned at Sehun who was gobbling his ice cream at top speed. "Yah maknae, are you even listening?"

As promised, the EXO-K boys brought Sehun to Ben and Jerry's for ice cream to satisfy Sunmi's side of the bargain. Sehun was looking more like the Devil now, since he wasn't wearing spectacles anymore, but the stupid gelled hair and constant grin that was plastered on his face made him an entirely different person.

Sehun's love for ice cream seemed to be an affection that was much greater than what they imagined because he ordered every. single. flavor. in the shop. EVERY. SINGLE. FLAVOR.

Sunmi nearly wanted to cry when she saw the final bill for all that ice cream, but Sehun slapped a stack of bills on the counter good-naturedly and even treated all of them to ice cream. Another reason why he wasn't the Devil, really. The only common point he had with the Devil was that they were both rich.

Anyway, when the first drop of ice cream first made it's contact with Sehun's tongue....all attention was then channeled to the large XXXL bowl in front of him and he blatantly ignored the six people sitting around him, trying to get him to listen to what they had to say.

D.O. sighed in annoyance and pulled Sehun's bowl away from him. "Maknae, listen!!!"

"Ice creammmmm...." Sehun pulled the bowl back in a dreamy voice and continued eating. Suho stifled a chuckle while Kai looked embarrassed to even be in the same table as the rest of them. "He's got an obsession with this." Chanyeol didn't look like he felt like eating anymore when he saw Sehun gobbling down the ice cream like he hadn't eaten for days.

Sehun finally finished his super big bowl of ice cream, and it was then that his attention returned to the six other people sitting around him. "Oh hey, you guys haven't finished yours?" he eyed their unfinished scoops.

"Lost my appetite." Chanyeol muttered, looking a little green.

Sunmi laughed softly at the tall dude and looked over at Sehun. "We've got to teach you some things if you are to continue posing as the Devil in his absence." she wiped off the smile from her face and told him seriously. "People are already talking about how different your behavior is from the past and it's not a good thing to have them suspect that something is up. So you're going to have to learn how to act and speak like the Devil."

D.O. nodded, continuing with his previous speech which Sehun had ignored. "First thing's first, you're the captain of the soccer team. The rest of the soccer members just adore and idolize you."

"Oh you mean those boys who wanted to offer me a cigarette and made me sit with them in the cafeteria the other time?" Sehun recalled.

"Yep, those boys." D.O. nodded, "They're so called, your lackeys. They follow you everywhere and listen to everything you say and you cannot be nice to them. You are NEVER nice. Don't smile at anyone and don't say hi back to anyone that does. That's the way the Devil behaves."

Sehun blinked. "But I thought those boys were the Devil's friends. Why can't I be nice to them?"

"Maknae," Chanyeol shook his head. "The Devil doesn't have friends. He has followers, alright? There's a difference."

"So besides that, you've also got to remember that when the girls crowd around you, you can't smile or give them any indication of mere slight interest because that's going to for you in the end." Baekhyun reminded. "And your biggest fangirl is Lee Jina. Even if she's your best friend back in your world, she isn't here. You don't like her here okay? You're mean and rude to her and you insult her at every opportunity."

Sehun looked scandalized. "Why would I do that to my best friend?" he gaped. "I won't do that to Jina!"

"But this Jina isn't your Jina back there." Suho reminded. "Don't forget that. She may be your best friend back there but here, Jina is just.. well..." he cleared his throat. "A ." he reddened.

Sunmi hid a smile when she saw how uncomfortable it was for Suho to even say the word.

"I'll see what I can do." Sehun twisted his lips unwillingly. "Anything else?"

"Remember not to speak to us or even look at us in school too." D.O. chirped in. "You hate us. Unless you have something had to say, don't say it. When you want to look at us, make sure you're glaring or looking disgusted. We may be kind of...friends out of school, but when in school, remember that you hate us."

Sehun looked conflicted. "The Devil sounds like an awful person." he muttered.

"Oh he is." the rest chorused, nodding in unison.

"As long as you don't smile, curse in every sentence you say, be an arse and glare at everyone you see," Chanyeol grinned at Sehun. "I think you'll do fine."

 

 

 

"Oh hyung the old you is back." One of Sehun's lackeys grinned when he saw Sehun sauntering towards them. Note to all curious souls, yes he did practice "sauntering" the entire night.

The boys took in Sehun's usual suave hair cut and properly untucked uniform and grinned. Now that was the Sehun they knew. "Hyung I prefer you like this. But your hipster style was pretty good looking too." another guy complimented.

Sehun wanted to laugh but he cleared his throat to feign disinterest. Hah! So now even his old dressing could be considered hipster style. Oh dear lord.

"Anyway, did you watch the Man U versus Real Madrid match last night?" one guy asked Sehun. "Damn! Man U lost!"

Sehun looked a little puzzled and he glanced at the EXO-K boys looking for help. What the hell was a Man U? Was that guy like complimenting him? Like saying how he was manly? Like, hey, you man. Man you.

Kai shook his head and gestured for Sehun to just fake interest.

Sehun nodded and pretended to be engrossed in the conversation but he really didn't know what they were talking about. "Did you see that last goal? Superb really." another guy exclaimed enthusiastically. "Almost makes me want to change my position from a defender to an attacker. Hyung, what did you think of it?"

All eyes turned to Sehun and he gulped. "Uhm...cool man." Sehun gestured in what he thought was a cool way. "Swag. Yolo, yo?"

Sunmi mentally face-palmed herself and shook her head. This was so not cool.

The other boys looked at each other in confusion at their leader's random blurting of words and one of them tried to salvage the situation by changing the topic. "Hyung, here's a cigarette." he offered. "You're back to smoking now right?? Since you're not in the...hipster stage any longer."

"Yeah. Smoking. Cool." Sehun took the cigarette and let the other guy help him light it up. He inwardly panicked at the smell and forced himself not to run away. NO IT WASN'T COOL. IT WASN'T.

The soccer players eyed Sehun expectantly as he raised the cigarette to his lips and took a deep breath. Some of them seemed to relax at the sight as they thought their old cool leader was back.

That was, until Sehun started coughing madly and choking on his own saliva at his smoke.

Sunmi blew on her bangs and sighed to herself. Oh joy. Sehun was just SO convincing.

Not.