Soccer Practice

The Other Side of the Mirror


"Owwww..." Sehun whined and pouted, sulking like a baby. "It hurts."

Suho softened at his aegyo while Kai was completely immuned to it. "Dude, you're like 19 this year. Please act your age." he snorted.

Sunmi laughed and poked Sehun's arm. "He's right, you're turning 19. Stop whining. It's just a ball." she shrugged.

"Only A BALL?" Sehun gaped, heaving. "Do you know how painful it was? I felt kind of dizzy at that point and I thought I would faint. DO I have a permanent bruise or scar right here?" he pointed worriedly.

"No. It's just red." Sunmi murmured. "You're such a girl."

Sehun stuck his tongue out at her. "And you're the man."

"Kids!" Suho stopped their banter before they could continue. He turned to Sehun and frowned slightly. "We need to work on your soccer skills if you're to keep up with this Devil appearance before you can go back to your world. Sehun, you need training."

"Training?" Sehun blinked. "And get more of these?" he pointed to the bruise on his forehead. "No."

"Have you even seen yourself on the court just now?" Baekhyun shook his head. "If you keep up that standard, everyone is going to wonder where Oh Sehun's sports genes went to. You're supposed to be of professional standard, not squealing and shrieking when the ball heads in your direction."

Sehun sulked. He knew he wasn't all THAT good in the sports arena...okay maybe really bad, but he was good at other things! Like studying and memorizing or example. Sehun was extremely good in those and he would bet the Devil was rotten academically.

Sehun deflated at the thought of more physical training. He never liked those much. "Must I really?" he pouted. "Can't I just skip PE lessons or something? I'll quit the soccer team."

"And when you return back to your world and the Devil comes back, he finds his captain position gone?" Chanyeol questioned. He thought about it for a while and a sly grin lit his face. "On second thoughts, do that. I'd love to see him scream when he realizes he lost the position."

"Dude! You're pure evil!" Baekhyun high fived his buddy. "I like it!"

Sunmi shook her head and turned to Sehun. "Well, all in all, you've got to train some skills Sehun. It's for your health as well. I agree with you, Suho." she beamed. Suho ruffled her hair and she bit her lip to contain her smile. Sehun shot her a look that shouted TRAITOR and she promptly looked away, ignoring him.

And with a loud unwilling sigh, Sehun was dragged off to the gym.

 

 

 

"I....can't....do it....anymore.." Sehun panted as if he has been running a 10km marathon. He was red in the face from the exertion and perspiring madly.

The rest of the EXO-K boys looked at him in a bored manner from the rest of their treadmills. "We've only just started running." D.O. noted and glanced at his iPod. "It hasn't even been one song yet."

"Doesn't mean anything!" Sehun stopped his machine and leaned against the support, heaving. "I'm dying." He muttered.

Sunmi was still going strong and not even breaking to a sweat. She looked over at him and stuck out her tongue. "Lousy."

Sehun gaped at her and huffed. "I'm just not used to this okay? If I did this everyday, I'd be a pro at it."

"Great, so you'll do this everyday?" Sunmi grinned, still running. Sehun's eyes widened and Sunmi laughed in triumph, almost stumbling over her own feet.

Suho quickly stopped her treadmill before she fell and gave them both a look. "You two are like Chanyeol and Baekhyun." He muttered, shaking his head. He turned to address Sehun alone. "Since you don't like running much, lets do weight-lifting."

Sehun's face fell at that aspect and he visibly deflated. "Awww..."

-----

"It's so heavyyyyyy!!!" Sehun groaned as he tried to lift the 35kg weights. He could barely lift them an inch off the ground.

Sunmi couldn't help chuckling as she stood at the side, watching Sehun heave and groan and looking absolutely miserable. She wasn't a sadist, no. But when the cute EXO-K maknae was suffering like that, he really looked quite funny.

"It's too heavy." Sehun whined, massaging his worn out arms. "I can't do it. I doubt the Devil can do it too, since he's supposedly physically same as me isn't he?" He asked, brightening up at that aspect.

"In fact I've seen the Devil lift 50kg weights without flinching." Kai added helpfully, causing Sehun to glare at the dance machine. "And he didn't even let a single drip of perspiration drop I tell you." Kai continued, enjoying himself. "You two may have the same bodily type, but it seems even so you can't use your body as well as he can."

Sehun huffed, unconsciously envious of his other self. "Oh yeah? He can't use his brain that well then."

Baekhyun thought about it for a bit and grinned to himself. "Quite true." He murmured.

The boys tried urging Sehun to continue with his work out but Sehun was one hell of a procrastinator. He could conjure excuses out of nowehre and insisted they were true, just to get away from what he hated, and not knowing how bad of a liar he was.

It was true though, because Sehun was really rather unfit and he needed quite a bit of training if he didn't want people finding out he was someone other than the Devil even during the short one hour PE lessons each week.

He was forced to run another seven minutes by Suho when Sehun gave a strangled sigh that he couldn't take it anymore, and crashed down on the floor, lying down flat and closing his eyes. "I'm tired. So...so tired. It feels like I haven't been using my body for my whole life, and now I'm making up for it."

Sunmi smiled and sat down beside him, passing him a towel and bottle. "It won't continue for long if we find the mirror soon." she comforted. "Then you'll be able to return back to your home."

Sehun brightened at that aspect. "No more people following me around and asking my opinion on things." he almost sighed in relief at that aspect even though it hadn't even occurred yet. "Do you know how irritating those soccer boys are? They treat me like I'm some sort of king, it's annoying. They're not even considered friends. They're....they're minions." he blurted.

"Minions." Sunmi burst into laughter and clutched her tummy, gasping for breath. "Exactly the word I used to describe them all these years."

"Yeah?" Sehun grinned, sitting up and wiping his face with the towel she handed him. "I don't see how the Devil is happy in his life here if all his supposed friends treat him like that. Friends are supposed to treat each other as equals, if not there's no point." he muttered. "I miss my best friend back there...." he pouted. "I wonder if Jina realizes that the Sehun there isn't me?"

Sunmi thought about how different the Devil and Sehun were and she nodded. "I'm sure she'll realize." she murmured. "And this Jina over here will realize it sooner or later when she sees how unfit you are compared to how the Devil was in the past." she elbowed him, urging him to get his of the ground and start training together with the rest of the boys.

Sehun pouted at her, giving her a look. "She'll still like me if she realizes I'm not the Devil." he huffed. "I'm sure."

Sunmi wrinkled her nose. "I don't know about that, but I know if you don't continue training and you run even slower than her in a marathon, she's going to stop talking to you whether or not you're the real Devil or not." she leaned closer to him. "Come on, at least for Lee Jina right? Go and exercise." she gave him a push.

It surprisingly made Sehun lift his stupid off the ground and start towards one of the treadmills once again. Sunmi watched as he dragged himself on one of the machines and start it from the slowest speed, a super leisurely saunter.

She bit her lip. "To think that even the fake Jina can be such a motivative source for him. He must like her a lot huh?" she whispered.

 


The dreaded soccer practice arrived the next day and Sehun was 100% unprepared for it. He changed into the soccer jerseys which he found at home and went to gather with his team at the field, seeing the soccer coach for the first time even though they were supposedly mates in this world.

The soccer players looked determined and ready to roar as they did their warm up jogs around the field, while Sehun already looked pale and tired after the warm up.

The EXO-K boys and Sunmi were watching Sehun from afar, hoping he didn't screw anything up that session. He already called in sick for the past two practices and he couldn't keep saying he didn't feel well enough for it when he was the Captain of the team.

Chanyeol chewed on the popcorn which he magically produced from nowhere and tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Do you think he'll even survive 15 minutes?"

"Hard." Baekhyun shook his head, reaching over to Chanyeol's popcorn bag and shoving some into his mouth. "I think ten minutes."

D.O. twisted his lips. "If they aren't doing anything with the soccer ball just yet, maybe there's a chance. If they're starting with ball training immediately....I think Sehun's going to be dead meat."

Suho just shook his head at the conversation and watched as Sehun jogged around the field, trying to keep up with the rest of the boys. Sunmi watched him from the corner of her eye, sighing softly at how perfect he looked. Realizing how fangirl-ish she sounded, she quickly averted her gaze to Sehun and an immediate bubble of laughter slipped through her lips.

That boy never failed to make her laugh even when he didn't mean to. His face of total torture looked so comical.

The Coach blew the whistle and announced that they were going to start the whole soccer training with fifteen sets of suicides across the entire length of the field. Sunmi could see Sehun's face paling at the mention of it and her laughter faltered, worry taking over.

Suicides were suicidal, as the name suggested. For anyone that didn't know what those were, it usually consisted of running to quarter of the field and back to the starting line, then running to the middle and back. To three quarters and back. To the end of the field and back.

That counted as one set.

Fifteen sets in the hot sun....was pure hell. Especially when you were expected to sprint you way through and not just jog leisurely. "Oh  Sehun, Fighting." Sunmi whispered under her breath.

The whistle signalled the start and the soccer boys burst from their starting positions. Sehun reached the quarter of the field late and by the time it was half a set, it was evident that Sehun was running the slowest out of all.

"FASTER SEHUN! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU TODAY? FASTER!" the coach roared.

Sehun tried to pick up his speed but his legs felt like jelly, not at all used to this extreme amount of burden all of a sudden. Sehun willed himself to go faster but it didn't seem to be working at the moment, until...

"Go Sehun Go! S, E, H-U-N, SEHUN SEHUN you're the best!" the cheerleaders cheered from the side.

Sehun glanced over to them, momentarily surprised by the outburst, when he saw Jina waving at him in her ultra short skirt and tiny shirt. He swallowed visibly, momentarily stunned and obviously forgetting this was another world he was in as he compared this image of Jina to the usually dull one he was used to, and his legs suddenly tangled around each other's and he fell into a heap on the floor.

Sunmi mentally face-palmed herself as she saw Sehun go down and she sighed softly. "At least he doesn't need to continue running if he falls, right?"