The Search

The Other Side of the Mirror

Sunmi couldn't help but shake her head as she watched Sehun blush when Jina talked to him and when he secretly glanced at her when he thought no one was looking.

So Sehun had been in love with his best friend and she hadn't shown him interest.

Sounds familiar huh?

Sunmi lowered her head and peeked at Suho from behind her bangs. She let out a small sigh and pouted unconsciously.

She would have liked to think that Suho was actually secretly in love with her and it pained him to see her ignorant of his feelings every single day, of him wanting so much to say what he felt but fearing too much that their previous friendship would be ruined, that...

Okay she should stop. It sounded ridiculous even to her.

You know the way the person you like doesn't seem to return your feelings and you seem to know it?

The way you know there isn't any hope for the both of you but you can't and aren't willing to stop feeling like that?

That only when he rejects you outrightly in the face that you will stop your obsession?

That even if that happens you suspect that you might still like him a little?

Well, Sunmi knew everything about that feeling. She had a feeling that Suho didn't regard her anything more than a sister but she chose to ignore that gut feeling. She chose to remain ignorant, as so to speak. She chose to bear hope when it looked dire.

She could actually understand what Sehun was feeling even though she had to admit it looked a little pathetic to be blushing away when it was his crush's other self talking to him.

Because she imagined Sehun yearning for Jina's affections but not getting them back, and in his world it seemed like an awful one-sided relationship.

All of a sudden when he came into this world, an exact replica of his crush was here. Of course this version was much more ty, vain and flirty, but still, it was her.

Sunmi suspected that if she had been the one being switched over to the other world and she found herself in a relationship with the badass gangster leader Suho like the other Sunmi was, she would have been kind of happy too.

Even if that guy wasn't the real Suho she liked, better than nothing huh?

Sunmi let out a long loud sigh and D.O. looked over at her. "Yah, are you trying to blow all of us off to Egypt with that long sigh?"

Sunmi made a face at him and just shrugged at his concerned questioning expression.

Some things weren't meant to be shared.

 

 

 

Kai rolled his eyes and snorted under his breath. "Great. Can someone tell me how we can get the Mary's attention while the Temptress is plastered all over him?"

School had ended and the EXO-K boys and Sunmi were supposed to be meeting Sehun so that they could go around in search of another enchanted mirror to send Sehun back.

The thing was, the said person's attention was so completely held by the Temptress Jina that he didn't even seem to remember how he was supposed to be meeting them. In fact he didn't even seem to remember anything else except for Jina.

Jina was someone who knew her strengths and used it. She knew she was pretty, and knew that she had a killer body.

She knew what sort of words to say, she knew how she should pose and knew when to touch the person she was talking such that she would appear seductive.

Little did she know that whatever she did didn't matter. Because Sehun already liked her because she looked like his Jina.

Of course, she was pleasantly surprised that Sehun was responding to her advances, more than he had in the years she had chased after him. She didn't find it weird though, she thought this truly was inescapable because of how hot she was. Meh.

The thing about it was that she didn't even notice how Sehun was so completely different to the Devil excluding his looks. He smiled more often than not and he blushed incessantly around her. The devil didn't do blushing.

She didn't realize. Because she never cared to know.

Because what she wanted wasn't to be Oh Sehun's girlfriend. She wanted to be the Soccer Captain's girl, the girlfriend of the most wanted boy in school or possibly in Seoul.

But Sehun didn't know that of course, because he was still blushing like he developed some sort of adorable rash on his cheeks.

"Since there's a temptress distracting the Mary," Baekhyun grinned mischievously. "We must come up with one of our own temptresses to gain back the Mary's attention, shouldn't we?"

All the boys suddenly acquired sly grins on their faces and all of them turned to Sunmi. Sunmi's eyes widened and she let out a snort. "Seriously? Me? Just because I'm a girl, really."

Chanyeol tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Well come to think of it, I doubt she'll be able to beat the master of all temptresses, it'll be a waste of effort."

Sunmi gave him a look. "Thanks for the vote of confidence." She looked over at Sehun who looked stiff as a rock as Jina was yapping about something beside him, hugging his arm so hard that she had to be cutting off all blood circulation. She sighed and rolled her eyes before taking a deep breath, striding over to them.

Sunmi tapped Sehun on the shoulder. "Oh Sehun, we've got to continue with our project." she informed, giving him a look of "Don't-you-remember? Wipe-off-that-drool!".

Sehun looked back at her in confusion. "What project?" he blurted without thinking.

Sunmi nearly yelled in frustration as she composed her answer. "The project, Oh Sehun." she hissed. "The one where we're supposed to go aorund interviewing antique shop holders...especially about MIRRORS."

Realization dawned and Sunmi wanted to smack Sehun for his ultra slow reaction. "Oh right. The project." Sehun cleared his throat and finally plucked himself away from Jina. Jina pouted at the loss of contact and shot Sunmi a deathly glare, which Sunmi returned with vigor.

"If only your project partner was me, sehun oppa." Jina muttered wistfully, curling her hair around her finger. She gave Sehun a smile as Sunmi dragged him off and blew a flying kiss.

Sehun reddened and let out a dreamy sigh that was nearly audible at the other end of the earth.

"Snap out of it." Sunmi whispered as she pulled him towards the rest of the EXO-K boys. "And stop the drool. It's leaking."

Sehun immediately reached up to wipe his mouth and Sunmi bit back a laugh. Oh that boy.

 

 

 

"We've gone through all these weird antique shops and there's just no sign of that darn enchanted mirror." Kai muttered in frustration, his patience running out quickly. The EXO-K boys had combed through the streets and all the antique shops they could find, looking through every single trinklet in the stores and trying to find that one enchanted mirror that could turn things back the way they were.

It was really a strange sight seeing six cute and handsome guys barge into just every single store, even shops like Etude and Forever21, checking out their mirrors and squinting to see if there were any words engraved.

The boys were looking out for small hand held mirrors like the first mirror: a sleek wooden handheld mirror with a long stem. However, Suho later reminded them that even Han Ahjusshi didn't know how the other mirrors would look like.

They could take the form of a compact powder mirror or even a large dance studio mirror. The words could be engraved in such a tiny font that you felt like you were looking out for suspicious clauses in an insurance contract.

The boys felt physically and mentally drained after a whole afternoon of running around and trying to find the darn enchanted thing.

"Han Ahjusshi said he bought his in Arabia." Suho frowned. "The world is so big and the number of enchanted mirrors working left...it must be a small number. Would there even be a single one left in the whole of Korea?"

Sehun looked depressed at that thought. "What if there aren't any enchanted mirrors left in Korea and I can't return back ever again?" he gaped and shuddered. He let out a soft mewl. "Ah..."

D.O. patted Sehun on the back. "Don't worry. We'll find some way to send you home." he assured with a smile. "I'm sure it's not that bad."

Biting his lip in doubt, Sehun frowned. "But what if I'm stuck here for the rest of my life?"

The question was one that the EXO-K boys and Sunmi didn't dare think about. They liked to think of this strange occurance as a one time thing which would quickly revert to normal. A burst of weirdness in their ordinary lives.

It wasn't that they wanted the Devil to be back. Hell no, if the Devil didn't come back for the rest of their lives, they would be grateful.

But Sehun's presence over here was a constant reminder of how little they knew of the world, of the other world that existed, of their other selves.

Sehun could become best pals with them and grow to like his life here so much, but he would never belong, because he would always have that "what if" in his heart. What if...he managed to return?

Chanyeol shifted uneasily at the look on Sehun's face and he straightened up. "Aww come on. It's just the first time we're out searching for it. It doesn't mean anything if we don't find it immediately!" he beamed at them enthusiastically. "Look, there's another shop. Let's check that out!"

He ushered them in.

Sunmi looked over at Sehun and gave him a small encouraging smile. "It's going to be okay." she whispered.

Sehun forced a smile back. He hoped so too.