Chapter 9

Lotus Flower

Seconds turned into minutes, which turned into hours. Minhyuk had returned, but held no good news. He came back with apples and water for you to eat, but you didn't feel like eating. He left the plate and cup onto the floor and apologized once more, then left. Your knee's cried out in pain for help, but you stayed put. You looked down and sighed, **He must be so mad at me...** you thought sadly. 

The sun was beginning to rise. You winced as the light blinded your eye for a second. You hadn't been able to get a wink of sleep. For one thing, Ilhoon's angry eyes was engraved in your mind. Second, it was just too painful to fall asleep. And third, you were starving. Your lips were dry and cracked, your body limp and numb; but you made no move to eat the food. 

You winced when you heard voices calling your name. 

"Eun Min! Eun Mi!" Seongjae shouted. He quickly ran to your side, "Are you okay? You don't look so good."

"Lower your voice, please," you croaked. "So loud," you said drowsily. 

"Eun Mi!" shouted new voices. BTOB ran towards you with worried eyes.

"How could Ilhoon do this? And all night?" Peniel said with sad eyes. 

"I'm fine," you said. "It's my fault any ways."

"No, it was my fault," Minhyuk said. You swatted your hand and shook your head, "No, I agreed to go with you."

Footsteps were heard, and everyone looked up. Ilhoon stood by the entrance of the garden and stared at you.

"Well? Are you going to keep her kneeling there?" Minhyuk asked angrily. 

"Hmm, well I was going to tell her to get up, but now I'm starting to re-think my decision," Ilhoon said.

Minhyuk glared at Ilhoon, "Why are you punishing her like this? Just because she left without your permission? Like I said, I gave her permission to." 

"Well, like she said, she agreed," Ilhoon said. You looked down in shame. 

"So are you going to let her off or what?" Minhyuk hissed.

Ilhoon sighed, "Fine," he said simply. You slowly got up, with the help of Seongjae and Minhyuk. You limped your way towards Ilhoon, "Come on," he said. You looked back and bowed, then you went and followed Ilhoon to...well, where ever he was planning on taking you.

-------

You followed him into his room. He sat down by his desk and nodded towards the library. "Go and dust the books," he said. You said nothing and obeyed. 

As you were dusting the bookshelf, you felt your body heat up. Your forehead was sweating and your visions were blinking in and out. You closed your eyes and shook your head. **Focus Eun Mi, focus, but...is the room getting really hot?** Your head hurt like hell and your limp body wasn't helping either. You grabbed one of the books and began dusting it. When you put the book back in its slot, your knees finally unbuckled. A couple of books tumbled onto the floor. You didn't have the energy to get up, you felt drained.

Ilhoon snapped out of his nap when he heard books hit the ground. 

"Yah! Be careful with my books! They cost more than you," he said. But he didn't hear any sound. **That's weird...** he quickly got up and sneakily went towards the bookshelf. There were empty gaps in the bookshelf but you were no where to be seen. He stepped closer and gasped. You were laying on the ground in an uncomfortable position. You were surrounded by books, breathing heavily. Ilhoon quickly touched your forehead and winced, you were burning. He quickly lifted you up and laid you on his bed. 

Your face was completely pale now, lips cracked and dried, and sweat dripping down your face. **What do I do? What to do?**

"I'm sorry..." you whimpered. 

**Is she hallucinating?** he thought. He shook his head and quickly headed out, **I must find a doctor, fast!**

-------

Ilhoon paced nervously around the room as the doctor felt your heartbeat with your wrist. Ilhoon quickly snapped out when the doctor got up. 

"She just has a high fever," he said. "She will need plenty of rest. Here," he said as he handed Ilhoon a package. "There are some herbs in there to help speed up her recovery faster." 

"Yes, thank you," Ilhoon said and bowed. The doctor nodded and headed towards the door, then stopped. "By the way, why are you helping her?"

"Pardon?" Ilhoon said, shocked.

"Why are you helping her?" the doctor asked again. "I've never seen you this nervous before, not even when you had to take the exam."

"I-" Ilhoon was lost in words. **Why am I helping her?** he thought.

The doctor nodded and said, "Good night, Jeon-ah," he said.

Ilhoon stared down at the package in his hands. He sighed and headed towards the kitchen.