Chapter 11

Lotus Flower

Ilhoon paced around outside his room. **Why doesn't she hate me? I've been so...cruel and mean to her** He walked in circles as he thought hard. **So what would she think of me if I became nice? The opposite?** Ilhoon shook his head, **No, she seems to like Minhyuk, who has been really kind to her...but wouldn't it be weird if I just suddenly changed?** Ilhoon sighed and scratched his head in frustration. **So should I be nice or mean? Should I pretend this never happened? What if she hates me more?** Ilhoon groaned and sat on the stairs.

The doctor nodded and headed towards the door, then stopped. "By the way, why are you helping her?"

"Pardon?" Ilhoon said, shocked.

"Why are you helping her?" the doctor asked again. "I've never seen you this nervous before, not even when you had to take the exam."

"I-" Ilhoon was lost in words. **Why am I helping her?** he thought.

"Why do I care?.." Ilhoon mused.

"Are you talking to yourself now?" 

Ilhoon quickly jumped back onto his feet, accidently bumping into you as well.

"Ah!" you cried, feeling the pain numb your head. "What was that for?"

"S-sorry," Ilhoon muttered. You had a blanket wrapped comfortably around you. Although you were still a bit pale, but there was a tint of color in your cheeks. Ilhoon sighed in relief. **She's okay** 

"Sorry? That doesn't-wait what? Did you just say sorry?" you asked. 

"Nothing," he said and looked away.

"You said sorry! Oh my god, the world must be ending," you said with a grin. "So tell me, why were you talking to yourself? Care about what?"

"It's none of your business," he said and walked away, heading towards his room.

"Yeah right, if you said 'mind your business' it's obviously something," you said as you followed him. 

"It's nothing!" he said and slammed the door shut. You blinked in astonishment, **Did I say something wrong?** Suddenly, the door opened. Before you were able to speak, Ilhoon grabbed the blanket and slammed the door once more. 

"Y-Yah! How could you do this to a sick patient?" you said with a frown.

"..."

"Geez," you muttered. "Just had to ask for it back." You gave one more glance at the door, hoping it would open; but it didn't. You sighed and left.

------

"Eun Mi!" Seongjae shouted.

You looked up from your chore and smiled, "Morning Seongjae." You gasped as he gave you a big hug.

"S-S-Seongjae?" you stuttered.

"I missed you! How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Dizzy-I can't breathe," you said, your face was turning a bit purple from the lack of oxygen. 

He finally let you go ,"Oops," he said. You gasped and breathed a lung full of air, "Thanks."

"Eun Mi!" BTOB came running towards your direction. 

"Morning," you said. 

"Are you okay? Do you still have a fever?" Peniel asked.

"Do you want me to make some chicken soup?" Hyunsik asked.

"How about some apples?" Eunkwang said.

"No, no, no, she should get a hot bath," Changsub said with a grin.

"That's what you want!' the shouted back. 

You laughed, causing them to give one another questioning looks. "Sorry, it's just, I've never seen you guys so worried before." 

"How can we not be worried? You looked dead!" Seongjae shouted. "Ow!" he said as Peniel smacked his head. "Don't say that!"

"It's fine," you said with a smile. "Why don't you guys go and sit down by the table? I'll go cut some apples and make some tea!"

They looked at one another, then at Eunkwang. He gulped and looked at you. You didn't look tired, your face had color, and you weren't sweating. No signs of sickness. "Fine, but don't over work yourself."

"Yay! I love Eun Mi's apples!" Seongjae said. 

"You love everything about Eun Mi," Peniel said with a  roll of his eyes.

 

"Here you go," you said. "My tea isn't as good as Ajumma's but I don't think it's that bad."

"It's delicious," Hyunsik said with kind eyes. 

"Thank you," you said with a grin. You searched the faces, realizing Minhyuk and Ilhoon were absent.

"Minhyuk is practicing as always and Ilhoon is probably in his room studying," Eunkwang said.

"Huh?" you said.

"Well you're looking for them aren't you?" he asked.

"I-uh...yeah," you said.

"Don't bother, those two are always independent, doing their own thing," Peniel said. "Yah! Seongjae! Don't eat all the apples!"

"It's so-good," Seongjae said as he took another apple.

"Sharing is caring!" Peniel said with a pout.

"I don't care about you though," Seongjae said.

"I'm hurt," Peniel said with a fake sniffle. "Oh look! Pretty girl at 10 o'clock!"

Seongjae immediately stopped eating, "Where!"

Peniel smirked and grabbed three slices. 

"Hey!" Seongjae said.

"You can't blame me, you always fall for it!" Peniel laughed.

"Eun Mi," Seongjae whined."Alright, alright," you laughed. "I’ll go and get more apples.

"And tea, please!" Changsub said.

“Got it,” you said as you headed back towards the small orchard. Your eyes searched the tree, looking for the ripe apples. You tippy toed, trying to reach for the apple. **Just a little more…**

Someone snatched the apple and you looked to your right, gasping at how close your face was to Minhyuk’s.

“Minhyuk-sshi…”

“Morning,” he said.

“M-Morning,” you said. You stared at the apple in his hand.

“Oh, here,” he said, he threw the apple.You fumbled as you caught it.

 “T-Thanks,” you said. Your face was still quite red from the incident. You cleared your throat and picked some more apples. When you got 7 apples, you headed towards the kitchen. You dunk the apple in the cold water, rinsing each. You stopped and looked up, “Aren’t you going somewhere?”

“Oh, I’m not going anymore in particular. Why? Do you want me to leave?” he asked.

“No! I mean-that’s not what I meant. I just-never mind,” you said as you continued to rinse the apple.

Minhyuk smiled and watched as you began slicing the apple with precision. You placed them on a plate and poured the boiling water into the tea pot. You put them on the plate and said, “You coming?”

“Sure,” he said with a grin.

“Eun Mi!” Seongjae whined again. “Peniel ate my other slice! Hyunsik!”

“Sorry,” he muttered, but ate the apple with a grin.

“I got more,” you laughed as you placed the tray on the table. “Yes!” Seongjae shouted as he snatched the tray away. Changsub grinned as he took the tea. You rolled your eyes **Like kids** You looked up and found Minhyuk staring at you.

“W-What is it? Is there something on my face?” you asked.

“No, there’s nothing,” he said simply.

“So why are you staring at my face?” you asked.

“Why can’t I?” he asked.

“Be-Because! You can’t!” you said as you hid your face with the tray. Minhyuk snatched the tray away as you squealed.

“Minhyuk-sshi!” you giggled as you ran around. BTOB stopped fighting over the apples as they watched. They looked another and grinned evilly.

“WAR!” they shouted and began chasing you.

“Caught you!” Peniel said.

“I’m not ready to die yet!” you shouted.

“Have no fear! Seongjae is here!” he said as he grabbed your wrist and ran away.

---

Ilhoon watched behind the wall. He looked down sadly at the basket of soup and porridge. He sighed as he looked down at his fingers, wincing at the scratches and cuts. **So much for a surprise…** he thought and left.