Chapter 16

Lotus Flower

You hesitated to enter the dorm, unsure of your decision. "Should I or should I not?" you questioned. "But I really want to know." Curiosity has been eating you inside out and you really had to find out whether the basket was there or not. You sighed and leaned against the door-only to realize to late that the door was not fully shut. 

"Oof!" you landed on your back, dizziness clouding your brain. When your vision cleared, 5 pairs of eyes stared at you.

"Um...good morning," you said. You quickly got up and dusted off yourself. You gave a weak smile as the BTOB boys looked at you in confusion.

"Is there something you need?" Eunkwang asked; shocked by your entrance.

"Oh um, well I...I-" Oh, how do I say this?

"Just speak up, maybe we can help," Hyunsik offered.

"I came to ask for a favor..." you started.

-

"So you want to get Ilhoon out of his dorm?" Eunkwang concluded. "Why?"

"Well," you struggled to say the white lie. "He's been holed up in his dorm all day and I thought it would be beneficial if he-you know...got out of the dorm and possibly go to town and relax," you fibbed.

They looked at one another but then a smile came across their face. "Sure, we can do that. Leave it up to us," Seongjae said.

You smiled back, "Thank you!" You left the dorm and looked back at them, "Aren't you coming?"

They gave each other a look and smiled before following after you. They stopped in front of Ilhoon's closed door. They looked at one another and nodded. You stood by a wall around the corner and waited.

"ILHOON! OPEN UP THE DOOR!" Seongjae shouted. There was no reply. Seongjae rolled his eyes.

"Fine, then I'll just have to this my way." Seongjae cleared his throat, "ILHOON DON'T MAKE ME TELL THEM THE STORY OF WHEN WE WERE EIGHT. YOU DO REMEMBER THE INCIDENT RIGHT? WHEN YOU ALMOST PEE-" the door opened and Ilhoon slapped his hand across Seongjae's mouth.

"Shut up, I knew I could never trust you with that secret," Ilhoon hissed.

"What secret?" Changsub asked. "Why wasn't I included? I thought we were brothers."

Ilhoon rolled his eyes, "What do you guys want? I am busy at the moment." BTOB looked at one another, "Well...we decided to go to town today and we wanted you to come with us."

"You guys can go by yourself," he said before entering inside. Hyunsik quickly grabbed his arm, "But there are more prettier girls when you are around. It's so boring around here, there's no girls to flirt with."

Ilhoon sighed and released his arm from Hyunsik's grasp, "Sorry, I really can't go."

Eunkwang quickly said, "Eun Kyung is coming with us as well."

BTOB gasped as Ilhoon shook his head, "I really can't go, not until it's finished." Not even for Eun Kyung? 

The boys looked at one another, sighed and nodded, "Alright, next time okay?"

Ilhoon nodded and closed the door. When you spotted them, you quickly ran over but didn't see Ilhoon with them.

"Where's Ilhoon?" you asked. 

"He can't come, he has something important to do," Peniel said. 

"Sorry," Eunkwang said. Your shoulder deflated but you smiled and nodded, "Thanks anyway, I appreciate your help." You sighed as you leaned against the wall. 

"Don't worry, he'll come out of his dorm when he's finished with his work," Eunkwang said.

It'll be too late by then...You nodded and got up, "I'll go and make some green tea for him to relax then." You bade them a good bye and headed towards the kitchen. 

You headed towards Ilhoon's dorm and gave a soft knock. There was no reply so you knocked on the door again. You frowned as you quietly opened the door. The room was a bit dustier than the last time you entered inside. You quietly closed the door and headed towards Ilhoon's desk. As you got closer, you realized he was sleeping. You placed the tray of tea on his desk and headed towards his bedroom. You headed towards his bed and took his blanket; only to pause in realization.

This blanket...You remembered waking up with a blanket draped around your shoulders. You ran your fingers over the fabric of the blanket; the blanket was soft but light. Your eyes softened, so it was you...You headed towards Ilhoon and carefully draped the blanket around his shoulders. "Thank you," you whispered. You looked at the pile of paper that was spread all over the desk. You were illiterate, so you couldn't understand what was written but you did know that it must have been really important from the red stamp. You quietly tip toed out of his dorm and gently closed the door.

Ilhoon's eyes slowly opened and his eyes landed on the cup of green tea. He smiled as he touched the blanket, "You're welcome."