Chapter 5

Lotus Flower

You groaned as you opened your eyes. You winced as something bright blinded your eye. You got up on the bed and looked around, unfamiliar with your surroundings. **Where am I?** you thought. You began to cough when you attempted to breathe through your mouth. The door opened and Minhyuk entered the room, he quickly poured you a cup of water and handed it to you. You gratefully took the cup and gulped down the cup of water.

"Thanks," you croaked after finishing the water. You looked up at Minhyuk with confusion.

"You fainted when you got to the last step," Minhyuk explained. "...That was very impressive." You looked up with surprise, "Huh?"

"To have that much determination to become the Crown Prince's attendant," he said.

"Psh, I'm not doing this for him or myself," you muttered. "I'm doing this for someone else. I would never want to be that diva's attendant if I had a choice."

"Diva?" he questioned at your choice of words.

"Yeah, diva," you said. "I mean, have you not seen the way he dresses? Or the way he talks and acts? It's so childish and...diva-like," you muttered. "What kind of Crown Prince is that?"

Minhyuk chuckled as he said, "Are you  sure you would want to tell this to one of the Crown Prince's best friend?" he asked.

"Best friend?" you said. 

"..."

Minhyuk chuckled as he saw panic in your eyes. "I'm just kidding, I won't tell him that."

"You don't have to, I already heard," Ilhoon said as he stood by the door. You bit your lips as his eyes pierced through your back.

"Hey Ilhoon, meet your new attendant," Munhyuk said. 

"Attendant? Please, she can't even respect me, you think I want her to be my attendant?" Ilhoon muttered.

"Oh come on, first impressions aren't always the best," Minhyuk said. "Remember when you first met me?"

Ilhoon hesitated before smirking and said, "Fine, but you owe me."

Minhyuk rolled his eyes and he nodded, "Of course, fine, I'll bring you to Princess Eun Kyung tomorrow."

"Yes!" Ilhoon said as he pumped his fist into the air. You chuckled at his childish side.

"Ahem," Ilhoon said as he composed himself. "Here," he said as he threw some clothes onto the bed beside you. "Wear those and come out in 5 minutes, don't be late." He didn't give you a second glance as he exited the room.

"Well, I guess you'll be starting today," he said. "See you around."

"Wait, what's your name?" you asked.

"Minhyuk," he said, with a smile. He turned around and exited the room as well, closing the door.

"2 more minutes," Ilhoon shouted. 

"Shoot," you said as you quickly got off the bed. You quickly shed the ragged-like hanbok and wore the clean hanbok Ilhoon had given you. "So pretty," you murmured as you patted the smooth cloth.

"Are you done yet? I'm leaving," he shouted.

"Geez, so stingy," you muttered.

"I heard that," he said. You stuck your tongue out at him, this time, there was no response. You smiled and thought, **Hwaiting!** as you opened the door, to find Ilhoon glaring at you. 

"I am not going to wait for you next time," he said. "If you're late next time, there're going to be consequences."

"Yes," you said as you bowed down.  Ilhoon sighed and walked away, you quickly followed behind. 

2838186w3mzgxp91y.gif

Hey Melodies ^^

So what do you think of the fanfic so far? Sorry they're kind of short ): And I'm still waiting for the poster to be made but I haven't been notified yet. I would appreciate a comment about your thoughts and feelings if possible. Thanks for reading ^^

-iHartCupcakes (: