Chapter 21

Lotus Flower
Ilhoon listened as your breathing slowly became even. He tilted his head and looked at you. He smiled, *She fell asleep* He quietly lifted you bridal style as you rested your head on the nook of his shoulder. He winced when the carriage creaked, but it didn't disturb you. He sighed in relief as he carried you back to his dorm. Fortunately, he made it to him dorm without being caught. 
He gently laid you down on the bed and covered you with his blanket. He began to pack his necessities and looked out as the windows began to brighten as the sun began to rise. He sighed as he gave you one last look. *I'll be back Eun Mi, I promise* and he exited his room. You stirred in your sleep. 
Ilhoon headed towards the stable as he readied his horse. He heard foot steps and turned around. Seongjae frowned, "You will be back right?" Ilhoon ruffled his hair, "Of course I will. How can I leave my brother with no one to annoy?" he chuckled but Seongjae didn't smile back. 
"Have a safe trip," Eunkwang said as he patted his shoulder. 
"Thanks," Ilhoon said. "I do have a request before I leave," he said. "What is it?" they asked.
"Take care of Eun Mi for me," he said. They looked at each other with questioning looks.  "Not Eun Kyung?" 
"She can take care of herself," Ilhoon snorted. "But I'm worried for Eun Mi." 
"Since when did you care for her?" Changsub grinned. "But I can see you worry for her." 
"Yah! Get rid of those inappropriate thoughts," Ilhoon snarled. Changsub raised his hands up in defense, "Done." Ilhoon rolled his eyes. 
They looked up as the sound of a horn was heard. "Well it's time for me to go," Ilhoon said. 
"Hyung..." Seongjae said. 
"I'll be back as soon as possible, take care of her," Ilhoon said. He tugged on the reins as the horse followed after him. 
----
You snuggled deeper into the soft bed and slowly began to drift off to sleep. *Bed? Warm? Soft? SILK?* You quickly sat up and looked around at the familiar room you used to clean daily. *Why didn't Ilhoon wake me up?* You got off the bed and neatly made the bed and realized how quiet the dorm was. You looked around but it was desolate. *What happened? Where is Ilhoon?* 
You headed towards the door and opened it. 
"SURPRISE!" 
You jumped back in surprise. "What are you doing?" you gasped as the BTOB boys grinned back at you. "We haven't even talked in so long, so I thought we should hang out...and to make up for all those missing days, let's spend our time together for a week?" 
"Huh?" you were confused at what was going on. "I have a lot of things to do," you frowned. "It's okay, we got it covered," Peniel grinned. "But-" 
"Come on, let's go to the garden and watch Minhyuk practice his swordsmanship!" he dragged you all the way to the garden and made you sit down on the bench. "What is going on? Why are you acting like this?" 
"Just watch," Changsub smiled. Something was off, it was as if they were hiding something. Before you could think anymore, you heard the sound of the sword, slashing the air. You watched as Minhyuk practiced, swinging left and right, swishing it with precision. 
However, you weren't paying attention. Your eyes searched around, looking for only one person but he wasn't there. You looked up at Eunkwang, "Eunkwang, where is Ilhoon?" 
"Uh..."
"He left out to go to the market," Peniel quickly said. "But can't the others do that for him? It's unusual for him to leave the palace." 
"Oh well he went to find the right sword," Eunkwang said. "He's very picky!" 
"Sword? Why would he need a new sword?" your eyebrows furrowed in suspicion. 
"Uh..." Peniel facepalmed himself in the head *Eunkwang...we are trying to conceal this from her, stop giving her hints!* 
"My birthday is next week, he's picking out the sword for me," Minhyuk said. You looked up, "Oh, I'm sorry," realizing he had finished. 
"It's alright," he smiled. "He asked me what I wanted for my birthday so I told him that the sword I wanted was one of a kind." 
"So when is he coming back?" you asked.
"Well the market that sells it is really far...so about a week to and back?" he replied.
"Oh," your shoulders deflated, *Why didn't he tell me?* 
"Well at least you don't have to do the chores anymore, right?" Eunkwang joked. 
You gave a weak smile, "Yeah." *Ilhoon, come back quickly!* 
Seongjae stood by the side and frowned, *Sorry Eun Mi...We are doing this for your own good*