Chapter 18

Lotus Flower

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping outside. You were in the kitchen, preparing Ilhoon's breakfast. You placed it onto the tray and headed towards his room. You entered into the room, but Ilhoon was no where to be seen. He probably just went out to breathe some fresh air. You began to place all the plates onto the table. You poured the warm tea into the cup and patiently waited for his arrival. 

However, a couple of minutes passed and he had still not returned. You were beginning to worry but you soon heard the loud remarks of Seongjae. You smiled in relief.

"Wah! What is that smell?" Seongjae cried as he ran into the room. "Eun Mi!" he shouted before running right past you and towards the table. You laughed as Eunkwang smacked his head. "Tch, we really need to teach you some manners," he muttered.

"Welcome back," you said. "I'm glad to see you guys together again."

"Yeah, we're glad we are together again," Peniel said.

"Actually, I didn't miss Ilhoon. He's such a pain the ," Seongjae said as he swallowed the kimchi. Ilhoon headed towards the table and pushed Seongjae out of his seat. "Good, the door is that way," and began to eat breakfast.

Seongjae pouted in response. "Ilhoon, there's more than enough for everyone to eat," you remarked.

"Well I happen to eat a lot so there will not be enough for anyone!" he said as he shoved the food into his mouth. You rolled your eyes in sarcasm.

"Morning," Minhyuk said as he entered the room.

"Morning," you beamed. "How come you haven't been around lately either?"

"Practice," he grinned. "Of course," you nodded. Soon, your smile faded when Eun Kyung entered the room.

"Minhyuk! How could you just leave me in the laundry room? I was so scared," she whined as she held onto his arm.

"Sorry, I wanted to visit Ilhoon," he muttered as he slipped his arms away from her.

She pouted, "But you could have at least told me."

"I forgot," he said as he sat down onto the chair.

"Morning to you too," Eunkwang muttered. Eun Kyung looked up as if only realizing that everyone was here. "Oh, morning," she chirped.

You tried to hold your breath but let out a small grunt instead. "What's so funny?" she glared at you.

"Bug," you simply said.

"Bug?" she looked on her shoulder and screamed. "AHHH! IT'S A BUG, GET IT OFF ME!!" she screamed as she jumped around hysterically. You whacked the bug off, "It's gone."

"You. This is all your fault!" she screamed as she stormed out of the room. 

"Why is it my fault?" you muttered.

"Wow, that was unexpected," Hyunsik said. "Go Eun Mi!"

Seongjae slung his arms around you, "You are amazing! That's the first time I have seen anyone treat her that way."

"Isn't that a bad thing for me?" you questioned.

"Possibly," he said with a shrug. Ilhoon slammed his chopsticks onto the table. "I'm finished."

"Okay..."

"I'm going out," he said as he got up. "Where are you going?" Peniel asked.

"Somewhere," he said as he left the room. "Eun Mi, prepare some food that I can take."

"Okay," you said as you left the room. You packed the food inside a large basket and headed out towards the stable. Ilhoon patted the horse on the head as you ran towards him. 

"Where do I put this?" you asked as you held up the basket.

"In the the carriage," he said as he continued to pat the horse. You stepped onto the carriage and entered inside the small space. You placed the basket inside and couldn't help but admire the carriage. It was well made and decorated with beautiful fabric for the rider's comfort. Suddenly, you felt a bump and the carriage was moving. 

"Why is it moving?" you said as you opened the flap of the carriage. Ilhoon was riding the horse towards the opening door that led to the town. 

"Stop! I'm still on the carriage!" you shouted as you gripped on the side of the carriage. 

"Oh, oops, I forgot. Too bad, guess you are coming with me," he grinned as they headed out and left the palace behind.

"What was that noise?" the Empress said as she walked across the palace. 

"His majesty wanted to head out," the servant replied. 

"Head out? When there is an important matter that needs to be discussed?" she sighed. "Make sure he gets back before the sun sets completely or else call the guards and look for him."

"Understood," she bowed. 

"Was that your son?" Eun Miyoung asked. 

"Yes, he's a trouble maker," the Empress laughed. They walked along slowly when the Empress said, "Stand behind." The servants stayed positioned as Eun Miyoung walked beside her.

"Tell me, what happened that night?" the Empress asked. "I could not find you, do you know how worried I was?"

"I apologize," Eun Miyoung said. "But I was looking for something."

"Looking for something?" the Empress said. "And what would that be? It must be very important for you to disappear off like that for 17 years."

"Yeah, it's really important to me," Eun Miyoung murmured. "Did you find it yet?" the Empress asked.

Eun Miyoung shook her head, "No, not yet. But I believe I'm close by."