Heaven's Gift

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

 

"In a world that is not our own, there are so many things that we don't know, which means, there are so many things happening without our knowing."
 
****
 
 
"I have to put this somewhere safe." Onew told Key, holding the box up to his face.
 
"You're still not explaining this to me Onew. How'd you get that? Who brought it?" Key wrapped the cover that he carried with him to his room door around his body.
 
"I did explain it to you." Onew sighed a bit. 
 
"It was from the Heavens." He continued. "That is all that needs to be said at the moment. Remember Key. I am still an angel. I cannot lie."
 
"What?" Key began, but then shook his head and changed the subject.
 
Onew nodded is head along, hoping the man would comply.
 
"But Onew, I don't really have any hiding spaces. I mean you can put it in my end table drawer but-"
 
"That's perfectly fine!" Onew exclaimed.
 
"Then go right ahead." He gestured his arm towards futher in his room and to the end table that stood right next to his bed.
 
"But Onew." He began once again.
 
"Deh." The man replied as he gently and carefully placed the box inside.
 
"What's with the scribbles all around that little thing?"
 
"Oh," Onew turned around with a smile plastered on his face. "It's Heaven's language. Only angels can read it."
 
"And what does it say?"
 
"It basically just says that when the time is right, the box will be able to open."
 
"All of that scribble?" Key cocked his eye upward.
 
Onew sighed.
 
"Key, Heaven's language is not scribble. It's just a language that you do not understand and cannot read. Like any other foreign language, if I was to make an example. My words sound a bit offensive, but please do not take it as such."
 
"I don't know." Key frowned playfully. "I think I'm taking that into a bit of offense."
 
"Key, dearly I didn't mean-" There a was loud knock on the door that stopped his sentence.
 
Both bodies turned around to face the doorway until finally Key scoffed.
 
"Oh god, it's probably Taemin and Minho." He sighed.
 
"Well, isn't that good news. You can spend time with your friends." Onew smiled.
 
"Spending time is the last thing I want to do with that bi-polar couple. But still, they're my friends."
 
"Exactly so." Onew complied.
 
He smiled along while accompanying Key with his crutches towards the door. The man took a deep breath before proceeding to turn the knob. And when the door finally creaked open, two delighted faces were of course in the way.
 
"Key!" Taemin and Minho shouted, as they busted through the door.
 
"I brought some new clothes that I bought at the store for you while me and Minho were venturing there." Taemin expressed.
 
"And I brought some food so you won't strain your arms." Minho exclaimed.
 
Key arched his eyebrow.
 
"Taemin, I'm in crutches, I didn't gain weight. There was no need to buy me new clothes." Key sighed.
 
"Key, did you not just hear me. I got them because I thought of you when me and Minho were at the store."
 
"He completely just bought 'em becuase he was worried about you." Minho corrected.
 
"Oh shut up Minho." Taemin mumbled.
 
"Hi!" Onew shouted, waving his hands.
 
All laughter and smiles ceased. Taemin and Minho leaned over from Key and looked at the perky man who stood feet behind him. His skin was bright and smooth; flawless. And by the way he dressed, he looked pure and innocent.
 
"Key, who is this?" Taemin awkwardly pointed his finger toward Onew.
 
"Right." Key whispered to himself.
 
Through all the commotion, he'd completely forgotten about what he was going to tell them when they did come to visit. Now he had to think of something on the spot.
 
"My name is Onew." He smiled.
 
"He's a good friend that I met while I was on vacation." Key smiled, gesturing towards Onew.
 
Taemin and Minho looked at the man oddly and simply nodded their heads.
 
"He's going to be staying with me for the time being because of a sitaution that has emerged."
 
"Say what?" Taemin asked, cocking his head.
 
He rushed up to Key and grabbed him by the shoulder, turning the both of their heads for a minute.
 
"Key, I come back and you got some guy living with you?" He whispered.
 
"Excuse me." Onew called, turning the attention back on him. "I can hear you. I have good ears." He smiled.
 
Playfully, he wiggled his earlobe with a smirk.
 
"How?" Taemin questioned.
 
"I'm-"
 
"A very good listener." Key interuppted.
 
He moved himself back over to Onew so that he could further stop the man's mouth.
 
"He heard me talking to someone on the trip and that's how we met. We've been good friends ever since."
 
"Key, you're trip wasn't even that long which means you haven't even known him long. What's up with that? You never let me or Minho stay over." Taemin argued.
 
Key raised his eyebrows.
 
"Trust me, having you and Minho over is a totally different situation that I'd rather not get into."
 
"Taemin's right Key. You haven't even known this guy long." Minho stated.
 
"That is most true." Onew commented with a smile.
 
Key turned his head to the man.
 
"Onew, shut up, or so help me god." He whispered.
 
"You know Key, you really shouldn't use that word in-" He stopped his words when he saw the death stare in Key's eyes.
 
"Now," Key said, turning back around, "as I was saying. It's a totally different situation. It's not something that I can really explain to you guys at the moment....or....ever.....really."
 
"Or ever!" Taemin shouted. "This is ridiculous. Key, do you hear yourself right no-wait. Are you guys in some kind of love affair or something?"
 
He wiggled his finger through the air going from Key to Onew.
 
"Love affair?" Onew repeated. "Certainly-"
 
"True." Key interrupted.
 
Onew turned to him in surprise and Taemin and Minho shared their dumbfounded expressions.
 
"It's certainly true." Key repeated. "You got me. I told him to lie for me. We were both gonna lie about the whole thing until I knew you guys could except it but you figured me out to early. I guess I'm really bad at lieing."
 
"You sure as hell are." Taemin stated. "A love affair? Really? I mean-"
 
"Good gracious Key you've fallen in love just during a trip. Don't you think that's a little-" Minho made an uneasy face.
 
"It's sounds like a hooker." Taemin just got out with it.
 
Key rolled and his eyes and let out of big huff as he heard his friends' words. He knew they were going to be like this no matter what had came out of his mouth, but by now he'd gotten use to their craziness. After all, he'd known them for years.
 
"Guys, why don't we just eat." Key smiled.
 
"I guess that's a good idea." Minho said.
 
"I'm not hungry!" Onew shouted with a smile on his face.
 
"Fine. Can I go put up these new clothes first?" Taemin asked, holding up the bags.
 
"Sure thing." Key assured.
 
With no further words, Taemin made his way into his friend's room. Taemin closed the door behind him and looked around Key's room. He analyzed the bed to make sure it had been thoroughly made and saw that his room was more than clean. Usually Key was a dirty room kind of person but there must be something Onew must be doing. He began placing the folded up clothes into different drawers and thought about Key's actions only to shake his head. What was that man thinking? One little trip and he was going all out with his feelings? He shook his head again, just picting the images of it all until finally, there were no more clothes to put up.
 
After he was finished putting up the things he looked around some more. Taemin walked over to the man's end table. He messed with the top, then opened up the drawer, only to find a rectangular box with wierd scripture on it. Taemin scruned his eyebrows and looked at the wierd material. Lightly, he placed his fingers across the embedded writing and tilted his head a bit in confusion.
 
"I don't remember Key having something like this." He whispered to himself.
 
But then again, Key did just come from a vacation. Maybe he bought it. Taemin shrugged his shoulders and grasped his fingers around the edges. However, the box would not open. He made a face and tried again, but nothing.
 
"A wierd box that can't be opened." He whispered. "Now that's just stupid. It's not even that pretty."
 
Taemin tilted the object to the side and that's when he heard something inside it hit the edges.
 
"Maybe the top is stuck." He whispered.
 
He agreed on that and decided to take the object out with him.
 
"Key. What's this?" He asked, holding up the box for all to see.
 
Key's eyes went wide as Onew and Minho turned from the table to see what the man was speaking of. Onew's eyes became huge as well.
 
"Why do you have that." The both of them said.
 
Taemin raised his eyebrows.
 
"Sorry. I just haven't seen you with it before. I thought you may have bought it on the trip but I just want you to know it's broken. The top totally won't come off and it sounds like something is inside."
 
"Really?" Minho asked, getting up from the table and walking over.
 
He grabbed the object from his boyfriend's hands and tried, himself, to pry it open. But when it was to no avail, he looked at the object with scrunched eyes.
 
"That is strange." He inqured.
 
"Please don't do that." Both Onew and Key said together once again.
 
The two lovers turned towards them.
 
"You shouldn't have that." Onew stated.
 
"Taemin, why are you doing going through my stuff!" Key shouted.
 
Taemin scowled up his lip.
 
"You've never had a problem with me doing it before." He answered.
 
He grabbed the object back from Minho and placed it on the kitchen counter.
 
"I was just asking you about it. That's why I brought it out in the first place."
 
"Taemin, I always have a problem with you guys going through my stuff. I tell you that all that time." Key sighed in fustration. "Just don't touch it again. It's really important."
 
"Oh." Taemin nodded. "So it's a gift that Onew gave you?"
 
"Actually-"
 
"Yes." Key interrupted. "It's a gift he gave me while I was on the trip. What don't you get from love affair?" 
 
"Well, Onew, you gave him a broken one." Taemin shook his head.
 
"Come over and eat." Key sighed.
 
****
 
When the door closed and the two lovers were gone, Key turned his crutches around so that he could face Onew.
 
"Onew, you're really fustrating, you know that." He more of stated than asked.
 
"Why so?"
 
"Onew why'd you have to tell the truth so much." Key whispered in anger.
 
"Angels always tell the truth. We cannot tell a lie." He admitted.
 
"Well that would've been something to bring up in a conversation beforehand now wouldn't it!" 
 
"But I did. I told you when I told you about the object from Heaven I recieved." He answered.
 
With a nod, he walked over to the kitchen counter and grabbed it.
 
"Thank the Heavens that this cannot be opened until the time is right." He sighed.
 
"Well, I might want to add this," Key stated, "but neither of us exactly know when that time is, which means that it can be anytime."
 
"That is true."
 
"So that means that we have to find a better hiding place for it because neither of us knows what's on the inside but if it's from the Heavens, it's something worth hiding." Key said.
 
"That is also true, but Key, there is something that bothers me about your two friends that were just over."
 
"Really? What?"
 
"Key, explain Minho. Something about him doesn't feel right." Onew stated wtih a dark expression.
 
****
 
Taemin turned to Minho as they walked out of the house, stopping at the car.
 
"Taemin, what's wrong?" he asked.
 
"I don't trust that Onew guy." Taemin said. "Something's not right about him."
 
 
No teaser today because I wanted to keep you guys guessing on what you think is going to happen on the next chapter. So don't forget to COMMENT!