An Angel's Scorn

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

 

"An angel's scorn can last forever and bring death upon those who witness and those who hear of it."
 
****
 
 
    Jonghyun flew up into the clouds with the soul wrapped carefully in his arms. As he landed on a cloud, he set the soul down, who was nothing but a gentle old man with the expression of relieve and happiness on his face. He turned to face the old man with a generous smile plastered on his face.
 
    "This is where I stop." Jonghyun told him. "Now the angel of Judgement will judge on wether you stay up in the Heavens are not." 
 
    The old man simple nodded in return. 
 
    "But don't worry. I have complete faith in you."
 
    "Thank you." The old man finally muttered out before he walked up to the angel of judgement.
 
    Jonghyun watched him leave then flew far away where he knew he could recieve some comfort. He knew the old man was going to be able to stay in Heaven. After all, his brother was, or use to be, the angel of time. He'd seen his brother at work at the old man's life. The old man had lived a good one and was one of those rare, honest souls that you don't see much of anymore. Still, Jonghyun sighed and when he heard himself, he began to comtemplate on the events that occured. 
 
    It was starting to become increasing hard to understand his brother's feelings about it all. With only having two emotions: anger and happiness, and being angry at the moment, it was hard to pull out the happiness. His eyebrows began to scrunch down just thinking about it all. Suddenly, though, he heard the voices beginning to mumur through his mind. Immediately he stood up and looked up to where the sun met the sky. The message seemed strange. Jonghyun tilted his head towards the clouds higher up as he listened to the voices. Slowly, he nodded and nodded. But again and again, he scrunched his eyebrows.
 
    "I don't understand. What are you-" But the voices stopped.
 
    His eyes darted from side to side and slowly, he turned his body around. Sitting on a feather-like cloud lay a box. Calmly he walked over and picked it up, laying it in his hands.
 
    "This is what you wish for me to take to him." He whispered. 
 
    There was writing that covered the box. Writing that was written in the language of Heaven and writing only a angel would be able to understand.
 
    "What is this?" He whispered in anger, but as he assumed, there was no answer.
 
****
 
    It was fun yesterday for the two of them. Onew, learning the ways of human cooking and Key providing him with rules. It was a new day now, though it was now the afternoon. Key finally gotten over the whole fact that Onew was an angel and all. Though it took him a while, he'd finally owned up to the fact that all of this was real. He did die in a car crash only to be revived to help Onew, Onew was definately an angel who wanted to become human, and Onew had a seriously pissed off brother who hated his guts for what he did. 
 
    He heard Onew in the background, asking him what he was thinking about, why was he so dazed? But Key didn't respond. He was too deep in his thoughts thinking back on all the events that occured and were going to be happening soon. What will happen when he had to go back to work? How would things play out then? Why, really, had the Heavens picked him out of all people? Why suddenly had his life seemed to turn upside down.
 
   He wasn't even sure he'd still believed in angels, let alone see and help one. Finally he snapped out of his trance and turned to Onew with a smile.
 
    "Onew, I think I'm gonna go and take a nap." He said.
 
    The man sent him a smile back and nodded his head.
 
    "I understand." He answered. 
 
    Key made a small grunt as he lifted himself up and grabbed his crutches that leaned on the edge of the couch. Onew followed him and helped him to his room where he lay in the bed and almost immediately went to sleep. The man wasn't sure what it was, but he loved watching Key fall into his sweet little slumber. Maybe it was the simple fact that he couldn't sleep and wouldn't be able to until god knows when. 
 
    He watched a little longer, then made his way to the living room, only to stop in his tracks. Leaning on the edge of the couch was Jonghyun with an angered expression and a box in his hands. His little brother turned and looked at him with a deep stare.
 
    "J-Jonghyun." He stuttered out. "I thought you'll never show up again."
 
    He rushed for his brother with open arms, but Jonghyun quickly got up and moved away, placing his hand in the air.
 
    "Don't." He stated. "The only reason I'm here is because of the Heavens."
 
    "The Heavens?" He questioned.
 
    "Yes. They want me to give this to you." He showed his brother the box.
 
    Onew slowly analyzed before grabbing it out of his hands. He realized that the odd, rectangle wooden box had the Heaven's writing on it.
 
    "Why does it-"
 
    "They say the box can only be opened when the time is right. That's one of the reason it has the Heaven's language on it." Jonghyun interrupted. "So no one can be able to open it. That's what the writing says after all. If you are still able to interpert it, that is."
 
    Onew sighed and scratched the side of his head.
 
    "Brother, I haven't gained much human abilities yet, which means I have not loss my interpertation of the Heaven's language." He answered
 
    "Then again, there's always a matter of time. Right brother?" Jonghyun crossed his arms and deepened his look.
 
    "Brother, I know we only have two emotions but that doesn't mean-"
 
    "I have only two emotions." Jonghyun interupts. "You are no longer one of us."
 
    "That doesn't mean," Onew began again, " that you have to harbor up the anger you feel for me. How much longer can this go on?"
 
    "The Heavens assured me to tell you that, that needs to go into a safe place." He said. 
 
    He could tell Jonghyun was changing the subject.
 
    "Can I at least tell Key about this so that he understands. Seeing as he already knows the majority of everything else."
 
    "Yes brother, you can notify your precious human about this." He stated.
 
    "Now I," he continued, "must go. There are souls I must take."
 
    Jonghyun turned to disappear out of the room but Onew immediately grabbed his hand.
 
    "Don't leave yet." Onew pleaded. 
 
    His brother sharply turned around and snatched his hand away.
 
    "Do not tell me what to do." He snapped.
 
    "Jonghyun, let us settle our differences." Onew urged, grabbing his brother by the shoulders.
 
    Jonghyun brushed his grasps away abrutly.
 
    "There are no differences to settle!" He hollered, waving an arm through the air. "Brother! What don't you understand! No matter how many times we speak of this, I will never settle for your decision! It's futile and selfish! I would've never done this to you!"
 
    "Jonghyun I do nothing to you-"
 
    "Don't mock me brother! I am no fool. Once you are a human, you will age and time will become your enemy. When you die, we will be seperated! Why severe this life for that one! You think I knew nothing of the outcome of your decision! All my life I followed you, letting you think for me! Little did you know I could think for myself! So do not mock me, for I am no fool!"
 
    "Jonghyun, I do not mock you. I simply-"
 
    "What? Want to assure me that everything will be alright, given time." Jonghyun scrunched his eyebrows in distaste and scowled his lip up. 
 
    "Brother, everything will not be okay. I have to sit up there in Heaven," he moved his arm towards he ceiling, "and watch slowly as time goes by and you age right before my eyes. I have to watch you die all over again. I have to look upon your dead body all over again." 
 
    "Jonghyun-"
 
    "How could a brother do that?"
 
    "Jonghyun. I am sorry. I never thought of it that way. I never thought you'd have a problem with my choice from the beginning. We've been by eachother's sides for so long. Eventually, everyone leaves another, even in Heaven." Onew said.
 
    The man could feel the tear forming in the corner of his eye. A new feeling that he'd hadn't been use to in a thousand years. It was a feeling of deep sorrow and agony. Depression of no other without end. Seeing his brother so upset, hurt him deep down inside. Onew sniffed a little to stop the small little dap of water from walking out of his eye.
 
    "Look at you brother." Jonghyun stated, waving his arm. 
 
    "Beginning to cry. The human emotions become you and it's pathetic." He spat. "If you were an angel, you wouldn't have to be in this state as you are now. Having to sniff to stop the tears. Pathetic. Your human emotions disguist me. You are sad and you cry for me, but why? Because you finally see my thoughts through your eyes? Because you finally understand my thinking after a thousand years of me disagreeing and telling you. Now you cry? Is it because you're human abilities are slowly starting to form or because you've finally understand your stupidty towards your brother." He angered.
 
    "Jonghyun. I'm sorry, I never thought-" He sobbed, up his crying words.
 
    Onew didn't want his brother to see him like this, but he couldn't help it.
 
    "Human feelings slowly become you brother and it's pitiful. This is what you asked for, for so many years. This is what you recieved when you begged so many times."
 
    "Jonghyun I-"
 
    "You think you know so much about what you asked for. I know more than you can only dream. You're thousand year old wish will be the death of you brother and that death will be on your hands and the human you harbor this fantasy with." He spat again.
 
    And without warning, he disappeared. Onew stretched his arm out for his brother to stop, but it was too late. His brother was gone. As Onew looked at the box in his hands, it seemed like the only object that his brother would ever give him. And with this, he was unsure, if he'd actually ever see his brother again, for Jonghyun was right. The human emotions was becoming him which meant, only time would tell when he'd be physically able to see Jonghyun ever again.
 
 
~Upcoming Week's New Chapter~
 
    "He's a good friend that I met while I was on vacation." Key smiled, gesturing towards Onew.
 
    Taemin and Minho looked at the man oddly and simply nodded their heads.
 
    "He's going to be staying with me for the time being because of a sitaution that has emerged."
 
****
 
    Taemin closed the door behind him and looked around Key's room. He analyzed the bed to make sure it had been thoroughly made and saw that his room was more than clean. Usually Key was a dirty room kind of person but there must be something Onew must be doing. After he was finished putting up the things and looked around some more. Taemin walked over to the man's end table. He messed with the top, then opened up the drawer, only to find a rectangular box with wierd scripture on it. Taemin scruned his eyebrows and looked at the wierd material.
 
    ..."Key. What's this?" He asked, holding up the box for all to see.
 
    Key's eyes went wide.
 
****
 
    ...."Onew why'd you have to tell the truth so much." Key whispered in anger.
 
    "Angels always tell the truth. We cannot tell a lie." He admitted.