Suspicious

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

 

"In the world that we live in now, the least suspcious are always the most guilty"
 
****
 
Key watched as Onew stared out at the window of the car as they were being driven. The man's eyes did anything but veer away from the cloudless sky.
 
"Onew." Key stated.
 
"Deh?" The man asked.
 
"How long are you gonna keep looking up at the sky. You're eyes gonna have to look away eventually." He replied.
 
Onew kept his eyes against the window and looked at the beautiful birds that flew throughout the air. The sun shun brightly and the day was quiet. Still, the man pursed his lips as he thought about his brother and the situation.
 
"You're not starting to have regrets are you?" Key asked.
 
Onew smiled and removed his face from the window to look at Key.
 
"Anio. I just have to get use to it." He answered.
 
"Good." 
 
****
 
Onew peered his head around every corner as they walked throughout the building.
 
"This is my office." Key pointed, showing the man the huge room. 
 
With an awed expression, Onew slowly walked in and wandered about. The proffessional workspace was alot different than the things at home. The area was more organized and the atmosphere smelled of work. Key bent down while the man walked around, and rubbed the wrapping of the bandage the doctor put around his ankle.
 
"Now," Key started with a grunt, "because of this stupid ankle thingy they got on me, I won't be able to move around alot as I'm needed so that's where you come in."
 
"What exactly does being an 'assistant' mean?" Onew asked, turning to look at him.
 
"It means that you help me with things. You know, like you did at home. Just, this place is a workplace. So you're gonna be helping me with more proffessional and work stuff."
 
"Ahhh..." He nodded.
 
"If I need to run something to somebody you have to be the one to do it for me and in the meantime I'll also teach you how to file papers and what not. It should be fairly easy seeing as this is the first job you've had in a long while and on top of that you also earn your own pay which-"
 
"Allows me to aqcuire things throughout daily life that a human needs." He finished with a smile.
 
"Shhhh!" Key yelled shaking his finger and quickly he pointed to the open door. "The door is still open; people could hear you."
 
"Mianhe, I was simply repeating what you told me at home." He stated.
 
"And I get that but like I told you before, you need to be careful of what you say when we're not at home. That's another thing. While we're at work, don't tell anyone that you live with me. That would stir up more unnecessary things. I already had the accident, then you, I don't have time for anything else." He sighed. 
 
"Araso!" Onew exclaimed, giving Key a quick salute.
 
"I got that off of a movie I watched last night while you were sleeping-"
 
"SHHH!" Key yelled again. "What did I  just finish saying. I swear Onew people would mistake you for an intercom rather than a person."
 
"I-Intercom?" The man repeated in question. 
 
Key sighed and shook his head.
 
"It's nothing that I'm going to explain right now." He answered. "Just close the door behinnd you  so I can finish talking to you.
 
"Deh!" He saluted.
 
****
 
Taemin walked into the building and stopped at one of the secrataries with a smile. His hand lightly slammed on the desk and he bent over with a smile. One of the seceratries blushed.
 
"I heard Key came in today. Since I'm not busy, I brought him lunch." He held up the white plastic bag.
 
"Deh." She answered. "But he told us not to let anyone disturb him because he was discussing work with his new assistant today."
 
"New assistant?"
 
"Deh."
 
"He didn't tell me he was hiring anybody today?" Taemin questioned.
 
"He said it was a short notice. I believe his name was...Onew?" She questioned.
 
"O-Onew!" He exclaimed.
 
With a purse of his lips, he grabbed hold tighter of his bag and made his way inside.
 
"A-Ani!" She yelled. "You're not suppose to!"
 
But he didn't listen. He rushed to into the office and harshly closed the door behind him. The two turned around in surprise and looked back at him.
 
"What the hell is this?" Taemin asked, waving his hand about. "He's working here too now?"
 
"Deh." Key blankly said. "I would've told you but I just thought-"
 
"That it would sound and look wierd, cause it does." Taemin replied. "First the house now the office. Key, what the hell is going on? I know you too well to know that out of the blue you'll have all this happen."
 
"Taemin ah...I can't really explain it, so could you just drop it." He pleaded.
 
"Drop it? What exactly is going on between you two? Hm?"
 
Onew said nothing while Key sighed and shook his head.
 
"Nothing. Stop putting your nose into my business. That's one thing that bothers me the most about you. Where's Minho anyway? Shouldn't you be with him?" He said.
 
"Minho.." Taemin started, tapping his foot. "He told me he had stuff to do today and I couldn't tag along. So I thought I'd bring you lunch, but I come here and look at what I find." 
 
"I can step out for a while if you'd like." Onew replied. "I would like to look around this new neighborhood first since it is a break time right now."
 
Key sighed once again and shook his head. With no words said, he dug into his pocket and slapped some money into Onew's hand.
 
"Araso, but don't stray too far. If you go down three blocks and turn left, there should be a sandwhich shop. You can go buy yourself some lunch over there." Key stated.
 
"Araso." He nodded with a smile and quickly walked away, making sure not to meet eyes with Taemin. 
 
"What is he, a baby?" Taemin questioned, cocking his hip to the side and looking at Key.
 
"He's not use to this place in general. I was simply being nice, he is a friend."
 
"Right, some strange friend that you met while you were on vacation right? A vacation that was only for a month or so right?"
 
"R-Right." Key stuttered.
 
****
 
Onew glanced at the money that laid in his hand and without further thought, placed it into his pocket. He looked around at the many people who nochalantly walked amongst the street. Then slowly, he tilted his head upwards at a building. A small smile crept on his lips.
 
"I remember when I was looking down on all of this." He whispered to himself. 
 
He nodded his head to his own words then proceeded to walking down the street. Key's words exactly? Three blocks down and make a left, then there should be a sandwhich shop? Onew repeated those words in his mind as he walked. His feet hit the ground in a nice accurate pace and as he got to the second block, he paused. His eyes wandered around the place just to get a nice fimilarity with it. Then he felt it. Something strange. His eyebrows began to wrinkle.
 
"There's that feeling again." He mumbled. 
 
His head turned from side the side until he saw him. 
 
"Minho." He whispered. 
 
The man walked down the sidewalk just across the street from him. There was a stern look upon his face. Serious and nervous at the same time. Minho looked from side to side before walking into a pharmasist store. Why would he look so suspicious going into there? Onew bit his lower lip and looked both ways before crossing the street and following the man and his suspicious steps. He made sure his steps were quiet in the store as he followed him. Minho walked up to a counter in the back and tapped on it to get someone's attention.
 
"Deh?" They asked. 
 
"Yeah, I'm looking for my prescription. Choi Minho."
 
"Ah, deh. I remember your name. I believe we just got your medicine today." She smiled. "Let me go check."
 
He nodded his head while leaning against the counter. Onew tilted his head a bit as he leaned on one of the shelves he was hiding behind and stared upon his sideview.
 
"Now that I really stare at him...there's something fimilar about him." He whispered.
 
He tsked a bit.
 
"Why does he have such a negative sense about him? Where have I seen him before?" He continued to mumble.
 
"Choi Minho, correct?" The lady asked, coming back with a small white paper bag.
 
"Deh." He answered.
 
"Just to let you know, just in case you don't read it, your prescription says to rub the cream on the rash daily. Don't skip any days or it'll most likely get worse."
 
"Araso." He nodded.
 
Onew moved his head away.
 
"A rash?" He asked himself.
 
Then he shrugged.
 
"Well that is not highly suspicious, but that still doesn't count-" He looked around to see him but the man was already gone.
 
Onew eyes widened in surprise and he walked into the space where the man was. 
 
"Where'd he go?" He questioned.
 
Suddenly there was the sound of the front door to the store opening and quickly Onew rushed to it and outside, but there was nothing. People walked amongst the sidewalk like before, but no sign of Minho. Onew walked down the sidewalk a bit and poked his head through the crowd.
 
"Aish, I'm never going to find him. Wherever did he go so quickly? He probably-" He turned around to walk back but was stopped by Minho.
 
The man stood there with the white paper bag in hand and his arms crossed. Onew jumped and grabbed his chest.
 
"OH, mianhe, you just surprised me is all." Onew chuckled out nervously. 
 
He walked to go back but again, Minho blocked his way.
 
"That's interesting." The man stated. "Seeing as I'm the one who should be surprised."
 
"E-Excuse me."
 
"Why were you following me?" He asked.
 
"I wasn't-"
 
"Key...he's lying about you two's relationship isn't he?"
 
"Well that's not-"
 
"What are you really." Minho stated.
 
 
 
~Next Week~
 
"Key, I'm going to tell you a story." Onew said.
 
****
 
"Onew, we're not talking about this again, there's nothing wrong with Minho. Stop bringing it up!" Key yelled.
 
"Key please, just listen to me, something's not right." He stated.
 
****
 
"So, what's really up with you, huh?" Minho asked, walking closer to Onew with stern eyes.
 
Onew's eyes began to dart back and forth.
 
"Minho..."