Heaven's Truth

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

"...and though the Heavens hide so much, there is truth behind some of it."

****

"Forever?" Key questioned.

 
"Key, you can come in now." Minho replied.
 
Key's eyes went wide and slowly, he pushed onto the partly opened door to the two men who waited inside.
 
"Key, you were listening the whole time?" Onew asked as the man walked inside.
 
"You didn't hear him outside the door?" Minho asked, an eyebrow arched.
 
"That's not the point." Key interrupted. "What's this about the whole forever thing?"
 
He looked towards Onew with the same arched eyebrow. 
 
"I've paid attention to the Heavens long enough to know how they think. Obviously not to all points otherwise I would know all this that has come upon my brother and I, but I know enough. I have a possible answer that will relieve Minho of his curse." He answered.
 
"Possible?" Minho questioned. 
 
"That's not what you said the first time." He angered. "You said-"
 
"I said that I have listened to the Heavens long enough that I have a way to help you. I also said that if you help me and Key, that I will help you get rid of this curse. Now my question for you now is, do you want to help us and possibly get rid of your curse, or do you want to risk not helping us and watch your loved one die yet again for the thousandth time in your cursed life." Onew replied.
 
"Alright." Minho sighed. "What is it that you want me to help with?"
 
"You promise to help us with whatever we need?" Onew questioned.
 
Minho sighed a bit, then drew an invisible 'x' across his chest.
 
"Cross my heart. Even if I'm a fallen angel, I keep my word." He answered.
 
"That's good enough with me." Key answered with a shrug of the shoulders.
 
"So what do you need me to help with?" Minho asked.
 
"What do you believe the Heavens are hiding from us? What should we do in order for choas not to befall us?" Onew asked.
 
"It's the Heavens we speak of. There is bound to be choas to-"
 
"I will not stand and do nothing as you did!" he interrupted.
 
"Fine." Minho huffed.  
 
"I would start with that object that the Heavens gave you." He pointed towards the drawer of the end table.
 
"How'd you?" Both Onew and Key asked in unison.
 
"I'm a fallen angel, not human. I could sense that item in there once I walked into the house." He answered.
 
"So you knew the whole time we had it?" Key asked.
 
"I knew the whole time that you had something that belonged to the Heavens. Just as I knew that something was suspcious with the fact that Onew was here on Earth." He replied.
 
"Key, can you get the box?" Onew asked.
 
Key nodded his head and made his way over, slowly pulling open the drawer. His eyes widened slightly at the wooden box with the angelic looking symbols and without hesitation he gave it to Onew.
 
"This is what the Heavens gave me." He told Minho.
 
Minho scrunched his eyebrows and made his way to the box. His hand reached out for it, and just as his finger slightly touched it, there was a stinging sensation and he pulled back quickly.
 
"What the hell was that?!" Key exclaimed, looking towards Minho's hand.
 
"I am a fallen. I cannot touch that in which is sacred to the Heavens or which belong to the Heavens at all." He answered.
 
"Jongyun gave it to me and told me that the Heavens said it won't open until the time is right." Onew continued.
 
"Until the time is right?" Minho repeated.
 
He looked at the writing the covered the box and scrunched his eyebrows even more.
 
"When the Heavens speak of something, it won't happen until it is said to." He stated.
 
"Well thanks for stating the obvious." Key replied with the rolls of his eyes.
 
"I'm the only human in this room and I get that much." He continued.
 
"Well, though I cannot open it for you," Minho began with yet another sigh, "I can tell you that the answer to everything is in that box. What the Heavens want you to do, how they want this all to finish, it's in there." He pointed to the object.
 
Key looked at the box and scrunched up his face in a weary expression.
 
"You say it like it's a bad thing." He commented.
 
"You never know with the Heavens." Minho answered.
 
"So I'm confused, should I be on their side or not?" Key asked, looking between the two men in question. "Look, I really didn't ask for all this. I just thought I was helping Onew become human, now all this happens."
 
He began to shake his head as all the choas began to fill it.
 
"All this is competely confusing and it's hurting the out of my head." The boy complained.
 
"Key, I am sorry. If I knew that there was so much that was being hidden from me, I would have never-"
 
"There was no stopping this." Minho interrupted. "The Heavens knew from the moment they assured you of your request. You were supposed to die Key. But from the moment they realized everything they could do, they told Onew yes and used you as a gateway as well."
 
"Me?" Key asked. "I mean I knew I'd been given a second chance and all but I thought-"
 
"I'm sorry to say, but whatever you're thinking is wrong." Minho answered. "And I'm also sorry to say but I need to be leaving, now."
 
He empasized the last word in much worry. Onew nodded his head.
 
"You're time, it's right now isn't it?" He asked the tall, dark-voiced man. 
 
"Yes. And no matter what the Heavens try to do, I need to try and save him this time. I need to be with him."
 
"But you told me yourself," Onew started, "no matter how much you try, you were always going to miss him. This time though, I think I can help."
 
"Please, tell me anything, because though I would enjoy to help you two further, I must go now." Minho said.
 
"I understand." Onew answered.
 
"Then what is the answer that you've thought of."
 
"Forgiveness." He responded.
 
The room went silent for a moment.
 
"Forgiveness?" Minho asked. "What does forgiveness have to do with anythi-"
 
"You need to seek forgiveness for the Heavens. Even though there is all this choas happening with us and with you, I know them enough to know that they want to hear forgiveness from you. That is most likely the only way Taemin won't die right in front of your eyes." Onew answered.
 
"Out of all these years, you think I haven't said my apologies to the Heavens, so they can change the way things are?" The man asked.
 
"Have you?" Key said, just as Onew began to open up his mouth. "Have you really Minho? From what I've heard of your story and what I hear from you now, all you are is angry. You hate them for what they did between the two of you, you can't stand it. And even if you said sorry a hundred billion times over the years, when have you really meant it. Saying sorry through hatred doesn't really mean anything if you ask me. So when you run to Taemin, make sure you think of that."
 
Onew said nothing, but smiled at the boy, then looked towards Minho and nodded his head in agreement.
 
****
 
Taemin looked around the room and swung his feet as he sat on the bed. He shook his head as the thoughts of Minho surrounded it.
 
"It isn't fair." Taemin whispered to himself.
 
"Why would he just leave me like this, acting all wierd and ? Then he says we should break up?" He shook his head once again.
 
Deep inside, he knew there was something else that was bothering Minho. The only reason his lover would act the way he did, but he couldn't think of that reason. And the more he tried, the more it hurt his head.
 
"Taemin, you don't need to be putting all this torture on your head." He told himself out loud.
 
Swiftly, he pushed himself off the bed and went to go put on his shoes. Minho had not called him or text him since he left, and frankly, he was tired waiting and thinking to himself. 
 
"I'll just go for a walk to clear my head or something." He whispered to himself, with a deep huff.
 
Taemin made his way out the door and began to walk down the sidewalks. People; couples, specifically talked and walked hand in hand. He wantd to scowl at them, but that would be a bit harsh. Instead, he ignored them as best he could and continued on his way. That's when he heard it; a soft creaking sound. He looked from side to side, then he looked above a little ways in front of him, where a rectangle wooden sign hung. There was nothing wrong with it though. He shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk forward, but the sound happened again. He looked at the sign and saw underneath it was two young boys.
 
"Am I hearing that right?" He whispered to himself, stopping in his tracks.
 
The boys were talking to one another, having what seemed to be a nice conversation. Each, had a book bag on their back, scooting it back on their shoulders as if it was heavy. The scene itself, looked familiar to Taemin for some reason, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.
 
"Hearing things, sensing things...what's wrong with you?" He whispered to himself once again.
 
As his footsteps started again, he heard the sound again, and again he looked up towards the sign. This time, there was something different. The light chains that hung it, seemed a bit broken, then the creaking sound became louder and just as he saw the snap, he ran in front of the two boys, pushing them out of the way, and yelling,
 
"Watch out!"
 
With a hard hit to the ground, something hit his head and before he knew it everything was black. Softly, in the background, he was sure he could hear his name being called.
 
 
Hey Guys, 
   Sorry I haven't gotten the chance to update. College as been eating me alive. I even had to go into a debate with the school about my teacher. No worries, I won. But that's what I've been mostly doing and I haven't had time to update. This is not the end. I actually think we probably have a couple more chapters until it's finished. So, while I'm working on the next chapter, here's a question to leave with you guys....for the next fanfic, do you want a deadly love story, or another heartfelt lovestory which will probably make you cry your heart out? LOL I'll be waiting for the comments!