Stuck On Insane

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

 

    "I have requested that of the Heavens for a long time, and they have finally answered me, with you as my solution." Onew continued, clasping his hands together in excitement.
 
    "Come again?" Key questioned once again. 
 
    He couldn't believe the words that were coming out of this man's mouth, if he was a man at all. Key still clung to the fact that he was on the verge of dieing. Why else would all this stuff be happening? Sure, there were many things that just didn't make sense, but there was probably more than a reason they could be explained.
 
    "Would you sincerely like me to explain again, or is this another human joke?" He questioned.
 
    Key's mind rendered somewhere else, but when Onew spoke, his eyes widened; his mind popping back into view.
 
    "N-No." He answered. "I get what you're saying. Something like, Heavens wanted you to be human."
 
    "No." He cooed. "I requested it from the Heavens. After a thousand years, they have finally answered my prayers."
 
    "I didn't know angels prayed." He retorted.
 
    Onew responded with a sly smile.
 
    "The journey begins here. The Heavens have told me what I need to do in order for this to happen."
 
    "Which is?" Key asked.
 
    "You must take a mental note of what I say, because you are my witness. 
One, the more I become human, the less I need to use my angel powers. 
Two, I must never risk exposing the angels and our identity.
Three, my witness must teach me the way of the humans.
Four, I must eventually earn my own income and not forever use my witness's.
And five, when I am notified by the Heavens of the final step I must take in becoming human, I MUST take it."
 
    "You must take it?" Key questioned. 
 
    Onew shrugged his shoulders.
 
    "They do not inform me of the last step that I must endure in order to become completely human. But since they have given me this chance, it is the least of all I can do. I must follow these rules as I become like you and if I go against any of them, the consequences will be severe for either you or me." He pointed his finger back and forth between the two of them.
 
    "You and...ME?" Key pointed his finger towards himself and ushered his eyebrows in a movement of disbelief.
 
    Dumbfoundedly, Onew nodded his head.
 
    "Of course, you are my witness after-"
 
    "Wait, wait wait..." He waved his hands in the air for teh man to stop his words. 
 
    Onew halted his sentence with a questionable expression.
 
    "Yes?" He asked.
 
    "I never asked to be this 'witness' you speak of. Even if you are real or not, I have a life, I have a job to do. I don't have time to be babysitting a angel." He confessed. "Though I respect the Heavens and all-"
 
    "Then you must believe they made the right choice when picking you as a witness. They said you were special." He smiled.
 
    "Special...right..either way, I never signed up for this. What makes you think I want to do this in the first place?" Key's eyebrows furrowed just slightly thinking about it all.
 
    "You do have free will and can opt against it, but I do hope you will consider this. I have been waiting for-"
 
    "A thousand years, yeah you said it before." He sighed. "I'm still trying to grasp if this is all in my head or not."
 
    "Sorry if I took up alot of your time, sometimes that happens when I'm around. As long as I still got my powers, these are the affects." He laughed. "It is not in your head, thought,  I promise you that. You will be out of the hospital sooner than the doctors thought possible because you are having an amazing recovery."
 
    "How do you know-" But there was the click of the door opening.
 
    Key quickly turned around to see the doctor that was at his side when he'd awoken. When he turned his head to the side Onew stood, the man, of course, was gone.
 
    "Key, you look well." He smiled. "I've notified the nurse to start bringing in your dinner."
 
    "Dinner?" Key asked.
 
    He was sure it was still morning. His friends just left after all.
 
    "Yes. Your friends informed me that you wanted to rest when they left a couple of hours ago. I'm assuming you just woke up. Hope you slept well."
 
    Key moved his head around, looking for some type of hanging clock. Wouldn't you know it, there was one hanging by the television mounted on the ceiling in the corner of the room. Indeed the doctor was right. It was alright  nine o'clock at night. How had time went by so fast. There was no way he'd been talking to that Onew character for so long. They only said a few words, exchanged a few sentences it seemed, but somehow the time had passed by like crazy. It was still morning when he rushed his friends out of his room. There was no way...wait, what had that Onew fellow said? Sorry if I took up alot of your time, sometimes that happens when I'm around. 
 
    "Is this what he meant?" He whispered to himself.
 
    "Excuse me?" The doctor asked, looking up from his board. 
 
    Key faked a smile and shook his head.
 
    "Nothing. I was just saying, I can't wait for dinner."
 
    "Good," the doctor smiled. "Though you are doing well, you should always eat to keep yourself strong and healthy."
 
    "Yep." He nodded.
 
    "You're recovery is actually pretty amazing. You'll be outta this hospital sooner than we thought."
 
    "Right-wait-what?" He asked.
 
    "Me and the other doctors. We didn't think you'll be out this soon. Your body really knows how to fight back." He smiled. 
 
    With a slight nod, he headed out of the room, leaving Key alone in the quiet space.
 
    "Either I have major pshyic abilities," he whispered to himself, "or I just talked to an angel for the past couple of hours."
 
 
****
 
    "OMO, I'm so glad you're coming back home." Taemin cheered as they three of them exited his car. 
 
    Minho, who'd sat in the backseat to help Key, grabbed the man's luggage while Taemin went and unlocked the man's door.
 
    "I still can't believe you got out in about three days. You're a miracle man, you know that. They were talking about you all in the hospital."
 
    "Right." Key nodded.
 
    He still wondered about that himself. 
 
    "Now Key," Taemin replied, as the three of them entered the house.
 
    Minho set the luggage next to Key's kitchen island. 
 
    "Are you sure you don't want us to stay and help you settle in?" He continued.
 
    Minho and Taemin looked down at the cast that wrapped around Key's leg and the crutches he used to walk about.
 
     "Yeah, I'm sure. I'm not disabled or anything, I can do this stuff myself." He answered.
 
    "I don't think you realize that you're in a cast and the doctor told you to stay home for a couple of days." Taemin continued.
 
    "Key you gotta watch yourself." Minho added.
 
    "I can handle myself. I don't need you two hovering around me 24/7 to see if I'm doing fine." He sighed. 
 
    "At least let me put up your things for you." Taemin motioned towards the man's luggage. 
 
    Key, too, turned towards his luggage but something caught the corner of his eye. Down the hallway in the room where his door lay open, a head peeked through. Onew? Key's eyes widened.
 
   "Key?" Minho cooed. "You alright?"
 
    Key moved his eyes arrived and nodded his head.
 
    "Yeah, yeah. But you guys don't have to help me. You guys can help if I call you. I can put this stuff up myself." He assured.
 
    Taemin and Minho stared back at him disbelief.
 
    "Really?" Minho questioned.
 
    "Yeah, really." Key answered, waving his hands away so they could leave. 
 
    "Fine." Taemin sighed and with a of his hip, he turned around and grabbed Minho.
 
    With a loud noise coming from the heavy door, it closed and they were gone. Key sighed and moved his crutch around so that he could turn around.
 
    "I could put your things up." Onew said, meeting him face to face.
 
    "GOD!" Key screamed.
 
    His hand let go of the crutch he held and pressed it against his chest to grasp for air. Onew quickly caught the falling crutch and looked at Key expressionless.
 
    "Was it something I said?" Onew asked.
 
    "No, more like something you did. You have to stop popping up in front of my face, before I die again!" He yelled.
 
    "Oh.." The man whispered.
 
    He handed back his crutch with a smile and grabbed Key's belongings as they both headed to his room. Key looked at the man oddly, as he pointed around to little spots of where some of his things actually went. Why was he doing this? Even after talking at the hospital and what not, he didn't think this man was actually real. But as his hands touched Key's belongings and it actaully put them up in spots, he knew that he was wrong. 
 
    "So you're really gonna be staying with me?" Key commented.
 
    Onew turned around from putting up a piece of clothing in a drawer.
 
    "Yes. I had to leave and wait until you were released from the hospital after our talk. I needed to finish what I started at my job before I completely vanished from it." He smiled.
 
    "Fine. Then here's rule number one of being a human." The man laid his crutches against the side of his bed and adjusted himself on the matress.
 
    "Yes?" Onew coiled in excitement.
 
    "You have to stop popping up out of nowhere in front of me. Humans don't do that. They walk. That's what you're gonna have to start doing. But since you have these angel powers you  keep talking about, for now, just warn me when you're gonna do it."
 
    "Right." He cheered.
 
    "And lower your attitude a bit. Humans aren't as happy as you're acting. Sure there are some giddy ones, but god, you're over doing it a bit."
 
    "That will take a while to work on but I'm sure I can do it." He assured.
 
    "Why?"
 
    "Well, angels can only have two emotions. Happiness and Anger. I don't specifically know why, but we do. And we can only harbor one at a time. Seeing as I'm very excited about my journey on being a human-"
 
    "You're overly filled with glee." Key commented with a blunt expression. 
 
    "It will go away the more the angel side of me does."
 
    "And you won't miss it?"
 
    "Being an angel.. no." He waved his hand away.
 
    Onew placed the last of Key's clothes in the drawer and walked over to accompany the man.
 
    "See, I walked." He gleamed. "But being an angel wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I wasn't ready to die when I did; no less become an angel with this enormous responsiblity. I didn't mind the responsibility, but I believe as you humans put it, 'I just wasn't cut out for it.'"
 
    "What's some stuff you guys can do?"
 
    "Mmmm," Onew leaned back and laid himself vertical across the bed. "We have this huge metallic like wings that protect us and help us with flight. That way we can get from one place to another faster. However, if we're on the ground like I am now, we are able to simple teleport from one place to another. Only when we're on the ground. It keeps our identity as angels a secret. It's not like we can spread our wings to go from place to place on the ground. " He laughed. "Be we also have very keen hearing and vision. Sometimes when we touch things, something interesting happens. We do our designated jobs, things like that..." He sighed.
 
****
 
    Jonghyun sat perched on the roof of Key's building. His eyes narrowed and his ears leaned closer in the conversation.
 
    "I will miss my brother." Came Onew's voice, with a soft sigh.
 
    "Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning him before." Key answered.
 
    "Deh. He is, and will always be my true brother, but he wanted to live the life of an angel. He did not mind his human life being gone. That is something we've battled with eachother for centuries. He is severly angry at me, but I cannot help what my heart deems true. He doesn't understand my heart though, which makes things a bit difficult."
 
    Jonghyun scrunched his eyelids more.
 
    "Let's see who actaully makes things difficult." He whispered, before spreading his wings, and flying off.
 
 
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
 
 
    Sorry for the lateness. I had college interviews to attends and scholarships to win. I actually won two scholarships! One was $44,000 and the other was $48,000 and both are renewable! Can you believe that! I struck gold lol. Anyway, sorry for any editing problems, I didn't reread this to edit it. That's probably what's gonna happen for the rest of the chapters too. And if you're reading Seven Devils, I am putting that on Hiatus! Next week will be the last chapter you guys get from this story before April hits because I will be at the Bahamas the week following that one and I won't have my laptop! Sorry! Hope you enjoyed!