The Incident

1000 Year Old Angel Wish
"Even if one heals on the outside, can the other heal on the inside.."
 
 
 
~A Week Later~
 
Onew could delightfully sniff out the smell of bacon and eggs along with some biscuts. He smiled while stretching his arms high in the air as he walked into the kitchen. Key turned to the side when he heard the light batter of footsteps. His smile became even bigger when he saw Onew yawning.
 
"You're pretty happy for someone who doesn't really sleep." He told him.
 
"D-Deh." Onew replied.
 
"I told you to stop fighting it so much, that's why you've been having sleeping troubles. I should probably go and buy you a bed though if we're gonna live together. Never thought about that." He mumbled to himself.
 
"Another bed!" Onew exclaimed. "Why?!"
 
"Well...I mean...we can't keep sleeping in the same one together...don't you think?"
 
Onew shrugged his shoulders and pouted his lips.
 
"Me and my brother used to sleep in the same area all the time and there was no bother." He responded.
 
"Well...Onew...as you know, times are different. You have to remember you've lived a thousand years."
 
"Deh..I suppose you're right."
 
"But, Onew.." Key started.
 
He cut the fire off that was cooking the bacon and turned around to get a nice look at the man.
 
"Deh?"
 
"I've been thinking about this since we talked about it a while ago." He continued.
 
"Deh?"
 
"That story you told me...you know about the angels and stuff...was that like another fairytale that we humans tell eachother to help us sleep better tonight or what?" He asked.
 
"I myself wondered the same thing." Onew replied.
 
"What'd you mean?"
 
"Well before, when I use to be up in the Heavens, the story never really occured to me as important even when I was told about it. But now as I think about it, the story was told to me from another angel and angels-"
 
"Can't lie." Key finished, nodding his head.
 
"Deh, so I assume the story to be nothing but true even though I myself have not witnessed this. You're the only human that knows this story though, so you don't have to think about it hard." He smiled.
 
Key pointed to himself, dumbfounded.
 
"I'm the only person who knows about this?"
 
Onew poked out his lip and nodded his head.
 
"Deh. I was specifically told that this is a story only known by angels. So you should feel 'special' as you humans say. You're the first one to know."
 
Key nodded his head as he grabbed the plates.
 
"I guess that does make me feel a little bit happier." He smiled. 
 
Onew walked over to help him out with the food and in a breath of relief, Key smiled even harder.
 
"The best part about this past week," he began, "is that Taemin hasn't been coming to the office."
 
"I noticed that as well." Onew said with a bit of concern. "Is it something I did?"
 
"Well I sure as hell didn't tell him about you stalking Minho, but who knows if Minho did. I doubt it though seeing as Minho really isn't the one to gossip. It's probably because he still has some 'odd' feeling about you. The only reason the feeling is odd is because he doesn't know you so well." He shook his head. 
 
Key placed the last piece of bacon on Onew's plate, then proceed to grab the pot with the eggs. Without realizing it, his arm brushed the pot with the hot oil inside.
 
"Aigoo!" He yelled, waiting the oil to sting his skin as the pot dropped.
 
He felt a push against his stomach and before he knew it, he was lying on the ground with his eyes closed. There was a loud bang as the metal pot hit the floor. With his eyes still closed, Key brushed his fingers all around his body but felt nothing. Slowly, he popped his eye open only to realize there was not a mark on him. Neither was his body next to the stove. Key looked closer and realized the oil was all over the floor and instead of him, Onew stood in his place, the hot oil buring his arm. Onew's face cringed as his skin sizzled on his body.
 
"Onew!" Key yelled, but as he got up to rush towards him, Onew placed his hand in the air.
 
"The oil is still hot, don't come any closer." He muttered.
 
"Ani, your arm, your feet, it's burning. We need to get you to the hospital!" He screamed.
 
Carefully, Onew pushed his hands against his knees and got up. Step by step he walked out of the hot oil that surrounded his body and though his face cringed everytime, he egged himself more closer to Key. When there was but a breath of distance between them, Onew sat on the floor. Key panicked; breathing heavily and hovering his hand over the man's wounds.
 
"Ani, how could I be so stupid! Look at what I did to you." He hit himself on the side of his head with his fist.
 
"Stop!" Onew yelled, grabbing the man's hand.
 
It was a light touch, but he pulled his fist down and smiled.
 
"Look." He responded calmly. 
 
His head nodded towards his arm and then towards his feet. The wounds stopped burning and slowly, the skin began to heal, cells fixing one another. Key's eyes opened with wonder.
 
"I might be soon able to sleep and contain some human emotions," Onew began, "but I still have some angelic abilities left. The Heavens have not made me fully human yet, if you remember."
 
"B-But, I didn't know you can do that." Key awed.
 
"Well, technically, right now I am still an angel which means I am still dead. The dead cannot get hurt." He smiled.
 
His hand stilll wrapped tightly around Key's fist.
 
"But Key, you should be more careful. I can heal, but you cannot." His hand caressed  Key's.
 
"A-Araso." He stuttered as his eyes moved down to Onew's hand.
 
It seemed as though Onew's body moved closer without warning and with that, they were just an inch away from one another.
 
"M-Mianhe." Key stuttered.
 
****
 
Taemin shivered as he looked at the window. His legs moved uncomfortably in the booth while his head tilted towards the sky.
 
"Minho, I feel wierd." He mumbled.
 
His face became uneasy as he watched the sky from the window and though other people walked the streets and the inside of the resturant was loud, everything seemed silent, as though it was just him. And maybe it was just him, for as he turned his attention back on Minho, the man seemed to be lost in thought. 
 
"Minho." Taemin said, echoing his lover's name once again.
 
"Taemin," the man finally uttered, "how long do you think we're gonna be together?"
 
Taemin arched his eyebrow and looked across the table at his boyfriend.
 
"Minho, what the hell are you talking about?"
 
Minho sighed sadly and looked down towards the table.
 
"Nothing, I'm just being wierd again." He mumbled.
 
"Yeah, you are." Taemin shook his head and began to shiver once again.
 
He looked away from Minho and back out the window.
 
 
 
**PREVIEW**
 
"Onew," Key moaned as he closed his eyes.
 
"Deh." Onew answered, his feet crouched on the bed as usual as he watched Key's backside in the moonlight.
 
"Be more careful after today."
 
Onew began to yawn.
 
"D-Deh." He stuttered.
 
"Onew," he began again.
 
"D-Deh." The man yawned.
 
"Have you ever...liked...someone before?" He breathed, opening his eyes.
 
He waited patiently but there was no answer.
 
"Onew?" He asked again, but again nothing.
 
Key rolled over and turned his attention on the man, only to find him in his same crouching position, with his eyes closed, breathing lightly. His eye swent wide as he looked upon the scene. Pulling his hand out from under the cover, he waved it in front of Onew's face, but there was no reaction.
 
"He's finally fell asleep." He awed.
 
Slowly, Onew's body began to rock as his eyelashes fluttered, casting a shadow. Soon, his body leaned over and it was then that Key realized the man was about to fall. Onew's leg began to slip and as he fell back, Key jumped up to catch him. Heavily, Onew's body landed on top of him when he pulled him back.
 
"Hmph!" He moaned when he felt the man's wieght on him.
 
Onew's head was tilted in Key's direction and like nothing happened he was still fast sleep; small breaths still coming out. And that's when Key realized, Onew's lips was just an inch away from his. Slowly, Key began to lean closer...
 
 
 
So I decided that when I do give you guys previews, I'm gonna actually give you a short little scene from the next chapter instead of little bits from the next chapter only because I think it's a better way of a preview. So...what do you guys think of this chapter...COMMENT! ^.^