The Rules

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

 

~As time grows, so will the emotions of an angel the longer their feet stand on the ground of Earth, but what are the consquences....~
 
****
 
 
 
    "Key you seem rather in a hurry to get out of the bathroom." Onew said in a rush as Key tried his best to walk as fast as possible with his crutch.
 
    "Of course I am." He responded, quickly sitting on a couch in the living room.
 
    "Why?" Onew followed him and plopped down right next to him, blinking his eyelids over and over again unconciously.
 
    "L-Let's just change that subject. Your brother-why don't you tell me more about him since you seem to always talk about him." He urged.
 
    Onew began to blush a little and slowly scratched the back of his neck; a funny looking smirk crossing his face.
 
    "I don't always talk about him."
 
    "Oh yes you do." Key hollered. "You say you have issues with him but he's all you been talking about since I died and came back to life."
 
    The words seemed strange walking out his mouth as they did, yet, he didn't respond to it out loud. It's not everyday someone can actually say that and mean it.
 
    "Though he is rather troublesome, he is my brother." Onew admitted. "My brother though-Jonghyun-he is, as I informed before, very difficult. He  was in his human years and he still is in his angel ones. He does have a high temper when it comes to things. I would say it's the two emotions that were allowed as angels but he's always been that way. I simply think the angel emotions have enhanced that further on."
 
    "So I get it you, you guys aren't two peas in a pod. Ok. Sounds like normal brothers. Is there anything else about him that you're not telling me." There was a long pause between the two as Key waited for an answer.
 
    Onew tilted his head towards the cieling as if desperately trying to think of something.
 
    "Ok,like..." Key began. "He seems really pissed at the whole, you choosing to be a human and all which means that he won't particularly like me. So, he's not gonna try and come at me is he?"
 
    "Come at you?" Onew repeated in question.
 
    "Yeah, you know with his silver wings and what not." He flaled his arms about in the air to portray his dramatic perception of Jonghyun. 
 
    Onew chuckled.
 
    "Oh no. Angels are forbidden from those sorts of engagements unless the Heavens deem it necessary."
 
    "And they won't-"
 
    "No." He interrupted. "How many times must I explain to you that they sent me down here to complete my mission. The one thing I've begged of them for years. They would never do such a thing. Plus, you might have died and came back but you will never be able to see him. He's a full time angel after all."
 
    "But I can see you." The man pointed out.
 
    "That's because the Heavens-"
 
    "Command it right." Key finished with a roll of his eyes.
 
    "But as we keep talking, there is one more thing I suppose I could mention about my brother that I haven't before."
 
    "Oh really?" Key raised his eyebrow in disbelief. "What else could you possibily think of to tell me about your brother that you haven't already."
 
    "It's about his human life. Something occured to him just like you did."
 
    "Just like me?" He pressed his pointer finger against his chest.
 
    "Yes. The day me and brother passed away, I was the first to go. Once I died first, my brother died after. The thing is, when he died, he came back, just as you did, but only for a couple of minutes. After a couple of minutes, his body failed him and he died again, joining me in heaven."
 
    "And I'm guessing the Heavens had an answer for that too." He responded sarcastically.
 
    "Actually," he paused for a moment, breathing in softly, "they didn't. Or at least, I never thought to ask. Now that I think about it, for the past 1000 years, neither of us thought to ask."
 
    His voice turned from concerned, to suspicious.
 
    "Well, guess that's a another reason I'm here." Key chuckled.
 
    The small laugh was soon followed by a grunt as a shocking pain shot up through his leg. His hands grasped the cast as tight as they could.
 
    "Gesh!" He hollered, gritting his teeth together.
 
    Onew popped out of his daze and scooted closer to Key, softly placing his hand along the cast as well.
 
    "Is it painful?" Onew asked.
 
    Key turned his head and glared.
 
    "I don't know, let's just wait and see after the pain is done shooting through my goddamn leg." He grunted.
 
    "I-I should heal it. This has gone on for long enough. It's the least I can do, plus I'm sure the rules haven't applied yet." And just as he positioned his hands over the cast in an elegant form, they were slapped away by Key's arm.
 
     "Don't." He grunted. "If everything you saying is true, then don't. You can't mess up a deal with the Heavens, not unless you want both of us to suffer some sort of consequences."
 
    As he spoke, his eyes turned up towards the man's face to see his reaction. The man's hands curled up and away from the cast as he bit his lower lip. Key was right. A deal was a deal and even under pressure he was not to break it.
 
    "And technically Onew..." Key started agan.
 
    The pain began to subside slowly the more he spoke.
 
    "Technically you already saved my life. Just think," he sighed, "if you would have never made that deal with the Heavens, I probably would be dead for sure." He grimaced.
 
    "I suppose..."
 
    "Go find me a paper and pen." He told him quickly, motioning his hands.
 
    Without even a second of a thought, Onew got up from his position and walked about the room. Going into drawers, checking cabinets, until finally he found the materials. Quickly, he rushed over to Key.
 
    "Here you are." He said.
 
    "Thank you." He leaned over to the coffee table in front of them and began scribbling down. He placed his arm over the paper while he wrote with his free hand so that Onew couldn't see. When he was done, he placed the paper in front of the man's face.
 
    "These are your rules from now on. Just so you don't forget." He said.
 
    Onew analyzed and grabbed the paper at hand.
 
    1.No using angel powers AT ALL
 
    2.Keep learning to walk normally like humans do
 
    3.Never talk about your brother to anyone
 
    4.Never forget the reason your here, to become human
 
    5.Think before you act.
 
    "I must never speak of my brother?" He questioned.
 
    "Yeah. I'm not saying it because your stories are boring or anything. It just because your brother is an angel and with the way you've been speaking about him to me, when you speak to others, the whole angel and you being dead thing might slip out."
 
    "Ahhh...." Onew commented with a nod of his head.
 
    "Will my friends be able to actually see you? Now that I think about it."
 
    "Of course. Now that you can see me, they definately will be able to. That's another part of the proccess of becoming human." He smiled.
 
    Key sneered up his lip a little bit and scrunched his eyes. He wiggled his finger at the man.
 
    "Imma have to put that on the list later on too. You need to quit all the smiling, it's freaking me out and it's definately unhuman like."
 
    "Really?" Onew touched the corners of his lips and pulled them down.
 
    "Now..." Key grunted, grabbing his crutches and getting up. "I don't know about you, but I'm hungry."
 
    "Well, I haven't gained a human emotion yet, so I'm highly unsure of what being hungry is-"
 
    "Imma show you how to cook something." He interrupted.
 
    He carried his body over to the cooking area and with Onew's help, grabbed some ingredients out.
 
    "It smells delightful." Onew smiled as the boy threw some ingredients into the pan.
 
    "That's what you call good cooking." He smiled.
 
    He went from throwin lettuce into a bowl, to stirring some sort of sauce he'd created on his own in a pan. He only let Onew help with the smaller things, like cutting something if Key was stirring something else or getting down another needed ingredient. Sooner than later,  the food was done. It wasn't a lot, but then again, it wasn't a little. He made just enough for the both of them and again, with Onew's help, he set down the plates and ustensils.
 
    "Now we can eat." Key smiled as he looked down at his food and the two of them sat at the dining table.
 
    "That sounds delightful but the only problem is...I don't get hungry yet."
 
    "Excuse me?" Key said with a lift of his eyebrow. His eyes glared at the man.
 
    "I'm not hungry." He repeated.
 
    "You couldn't have said that before I made it for both of us."
 
    "I thought it rude, if I had said it the-"
 
    "You're gonna eat this food now that I've cooked it."
 
    "But I haven't aquired hunger ye-"
 
    "EAT!" He yelled.
 
    Onew practically jumped out of his skin at the boy's voice. So as Key picked up his chopsticks, Onew copied and did the same.
 
 
~Upcoming Week's New Chapter~
 
    Jonghyun tilted his head towards the clouds higher up as he listened to the voices. Slowly, he nodded and nodded. But again and again, he scrunched his eyebrows.
 
    "I don't understand. What are you-" But the voices stopped.
 
    His eyes darted from side to side and slowly, he turned his body around. Sitting on a feather-like cloud lay a box. Calmly he walked over and picked it up, laying it in his hands.
 
    "This is what you wish for me to take to him." He whispered. 
 
    There was writing that covered the box. Writing that was written in the language of Heaven and writing only a angel would be able to understand.
 
    "What is this?" He whispered in anger.
 
****
 
    "Jonghyun, let us settle our differences." Onew urged, grabbing his brother by the shoulders.
 
    Jonghyun brushed his grasps away abrutly.
 
    "There are no differences to settle!" He hollered, waving an arm through the air. "Brother! What don't you understand! No matter how many times we speak of this, I will never settle for your decision! It's futile and selfish! I would've never done this to you!"
 
    "Jonghyun I do nothing to you-"
 
    "Don't mock me brother! I am no fool. Once you are a human, you will age and time will become your enemy. When you die, we will be seperated! Why severe this life for that one! You think I knew nothing of the outcome of your decision! All my life I followed you, letting you think for me! Little did you know I could think for myself! So do not mock me, for I am no fool!"
 
"....I know more than you can only dream. You're thousand year old wish will be the death of you brother."
 
 
 
 
Hey everybody I'm back from the Bahamas!! It was fun while it lasted, but I was really happy to finally get to update on this story. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. And because I knew most of it might of been a little boring or a little sappy, I gave you guys a teaser of this upcoming week's new chapter. As you see, it's more intense, more secrets, and more crazy, especially since you get more of an inward look through Jonghyun's eyes. I can't wait to show you guys the teaser for the chapter after that one. Thing's get really suspcious on the human world after you read that one.