The Beginning of The End Pt. 2

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

"And as an angel cries, blood is all that remains of their tears...."

****

 

“Kill Key?” Jonghyun questioned, looking upon Minho in an odd form.

“Minho,” he continued, “I know I asked for your help but these words you speak just don’t seem right.”

“Well then believe what you want. But you asked for my help, and that’s plainly what I’m giving you.” Minho stated.

“I believe,” he continued, “that the Heavens want Onew to do so. And if I’m correct-“

“If!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

His hands waved high into the air as anger began to form.

“Your mind is made up of theories. How can I just go by what you mind thinks is true?” He asked.

Minho sighed and bent his head down for a second to breathe.

“If you want my help,” he began, facing Jonghyun once again, “then you must listen to what I say.”

“Fine.” The man compromised. “If what you say is true, then what do you speak of when you say, ‘process’.”

“Well,” Minho began, “while Onew has been on Earth, he has been becoming human, more so because the Heavens made it that way. They paired him with Key for a reason.”

“Yes, we all know that by now.”

“But I don’t suppose the either of you know why the Heavens have paired them together?” He asked.

Jonghyun’s lips opened to say something, but nothing came out and instead he shook his head.

“No.” He answered. “And you do?”

“Like you said, I have a theory in mind.” He answered.

“I believe,” he continued, “that the Heavens put those two together to balance out things once and for all. If not for you, for Onew at least, who has been begging them to become human.”

“And how will they do that?” Jonghyun asked.

“From what I believe, Key really was supposed to die on that day that they chose to grant Onew’s wish. If I’m correct, the person they chose could have been anyone in the world. I think they simply chose Key at a random. He was bound to die that day so instead they brought him back.”

“Where are you going with this?”

“Jonghyun, you and your brother were killed a thousand years ago because of my mistake. It was an unbalance of death, that’s why I was sent to earth like I was. With you two not knowing how you really died, they most likely believed that you two would just work in the sky as angels without realizing everything that I’ve told you. You couldn’t be reborn so they had no choice. But they didn’t think of one thing, Onew. They didn’t expect Onew to miss his life so. If only he knew he really wasn’t supposed to die like that. They couldn’t have that, so what better to finally grant his wish after a thousand years of him begging.” Minho continued.

“But I still don’t understand why they would want him to kill Key.” Jonghyun emphasized, in frustration.

“I’m getting to that.” He answered. “I believe that in order to balance out things, Key will have to die like he was supposed to while Onew becomes human and eventually dies like he was supposed to. In a way, it would put things back to order and Onew would get his wish. However, as I stated before, I don’t believe they ever wanted Onew or even you, to find out how you two really died. You were unsuspicious and free with your duties but Onew wasn’t.”

“Here’s what I don’t understand about your ‘theory’,” Jonghyun began, “if they wanted Key dead to balance things out, why not grant Onew hyung his wish, let Key die like he was supposed to and there. Why did they bring Key back if only to kill him again?”

“That was also something I was beginning to get to,” Minho replied, “Onew and yourself are human souls that died and became angels. Now he is roaming the earth.  They simply brought Onew down here and made him visible to humans. Do you think they would just do that without a price? As they told us when they created us, everything has to balance out. Onew’s body or soul is technically dead or nonexistent. He has been gone for a thousand years, there’s no way he should still be stable on this earth coming from the Heavens. They’ve been slowly making him experience humanity and become human and the last step is taking Key’s soul.”

“His soul?”

“Yes. Since Onew’s body or soul is basically dead, he needs a soul that has been through death at least once and survived in order to maintain balance in his body. That’s why they brought Key back from the dead, so his soul has had that experience. Onew stabs Key and Key’s soul goes into Onew. Key dies and Onew is human. It matches the words that you spoke of ‘the soul will go through to make you whole.’”

“But two souls cannot stay in one body.” Jonghyun replied, shaking his head. “Your theory is too deep to be right. That just doesn’t make sense. He cannot be Onew hyung without his own soul.”

“That is not necessarily true.” Minho answered.

“What do you mean?”

“When humans were first created, the angels saw how their souls were created. Every soul is made the same. How it grows and the decision it makes it what makes one different from the other, hence the humans’ sayings, ‘everyone is different’.” He replied.

“Now that the Heavens are making you human, why don’t you need a soul like that then?” Jonghyun asked.

“Because I was never human to begin with. I was created by the Heavens as an angel thus, my body is well preserved, never been used. I never had a human soul. I may now contain human qualities and die as a human, but I will never possess a soul as such. My soul was created as an angel and it will die as one, just without all the angelic features that I was once birthed with. It is complicated for me to say the least.” He answered.

“So you’re saying that Onew can have a different soul inside him and still be the same?”

“Indeed. Now Key is my friend and I wish nothing to happen to him. I know Taemin would be devastated too if he heard something happened to Key. But no matter what I feel, I cannot proceed to interfere with the Heavens. I’ve done enough telling you all this so far.”

“I promise you that your words are safe.” Jonghyun replied, “The Heavens have been turning a blind eye to me ever since I decided to stay down here and watch over my brother.”

Minho sighed and looked down towards the ground in sorrow.

“Then this decision is all yours.” He stated. “What will you choose?”

“Tears will be shed by my brother either way I choose.” Jonghyun answered. “So I will make sure that he gets what he came down for. That is the least I can do.”

“What does that mean?” Minho asked.

Jonghyun looked at the man with eyes of hatred.

****

“Onew, what is it?” Key asked, sitting next to Onew on the bed, his legs laying out as well.

“It is nothing.” The man answered softly.

Key smiled and leaned over. He hovered his lips over Onew’s and as their breaths began to hit against one another, their lips became closer. With the smile still curved on his face, Key leaned further in and lightly kissed Onew’s lips. Onew smiled back. He could never get past the first kissed. Key’s heat that touched his own. It was mesmerizing and intoxicating. If he could do it all day, he would. Suddenly, Key pulled away and began to speak again.

“Ever since Minho left and your brother came, you’ve been extremely quiet. I know something is wrong. Is it something you talked about with your brother?” He asked.

“Key, it is nothing. Do not worry yourself over it.” The man stated again.

“Onew-“

“Key! I beg of you, don’t ask again.” The man snapped.

Key jumped up and hopped off the bed.

“Why are you becoming so angry? Is it because I found out the truth? You are hiding something aren’t you?”

“No, I apologize. I didn’t mean to yell.” Onew replied.

“It doesn’t matter if you yelled or not. You’re becoming human, it happens.” Key answered.

“That’s the thing Key.” Onew stated softly. “I don’t think I want to become human anymore?”

“What?!” Key burst out. “How could you say that?”

“I’m afraid.”

“Afraid of what?”

“Of what the Heavens want me to do next. I mean my wings were snapped off like twigs.” He answered.

“There’s something else you’re not telling me.” Key admitted, wiggling his finger.

His eyes suddenly turned to the end table and without hesitation he shot for it and opened it up to find the box still inside.

“No Key, don’t touch that!”

Key grabbed the box out of the draw and threw it on the bed.

“Is this what you’re really afraid of?” He asked.

The lid suddenly opened and the knife came rolling out. More words of anger were about to come from his mouth but as he saw the knife, nothing would pop out.

“I-It’s opened.” He stuttered.

Onew sighed.

“You knew it was opened and didn’t tell me?” He angered.

“Key-“

But before he could get his words out, a man appeared before them, right next to Key, covered in blood. Onew practically out of his skin.

“Jonghyun!” He exclaimed.

“Jonghyun?” Key questioned, looking at the bloody man that now stood in their room.

“You can see him?” Onew asked.

Jonghyun eyed the knife on the bed and immediately grabbed it.

“Jonghyun what are you doing with that?!” Onew yelled, his eyes getting wide.

Key began stepping back in horror. With all the strength that he had, Jonghyun reached for his brother and pulled him off the bed. Onew screamed in agony as the pain of his broken wings surged through his body.

“Wh-What are you doing Jonghyun?” Onew cried out.

Jonghyun opened his brother’s hand and hastily placed the knife and pointed it.

“Stop!” Onew screamed.

Jonghyun looked his brother in the eyes.

“The Heavens want you to kill Key. Th-The w-way his soul is, i-it’s the only way f-for you to become fully h-human.” He breathed.

Onew looked at Key in horror.

“Jonghyun let go of my hand, you’re lieing!” Onew screamed.

“I’m not!”

“W-Why are you ssaying this! W-Why c-can Key see you?”

“Just do it!” Jonghyun screamed.

“Do what?”

Jonghyun gripped harder on his brother’s hand and pointed it more accurate. Onew looked where his brother pointed and gasped. Key began to back up even more, terrified.

“Do it.” Jonghyun stated sternly.

Tears began to roll out of Onew’s eyes.

“No.” He whispered, shaking his head.

“I already talked to Minho. Do it.”

“No.” Onew whispered again.

Jonghyun grinded his teeth together.

“I’m sorry brother.” He whispered.

And without another thought he pulled his brother’s hand that held the knife toward the direction and together, both Key and Onew screamed. 

 

One More Chapter LEFT!!!! What do you guys think is going to happen next? Yes, I left another cliff hanger even though I had you guys waiting forever lol. Thanks for waiting, though. I had to finish my finals so I really appreciate it! COMMENT!