The Story of The Fallen pt.2

1000 Year Old Angel Wish
"Even if an angel loved, it would only end in tragedy, for only angels are meant to protect and only humans are meant to love."
 
****
 
 
"He's a fallen. Isn't that so Minho?" Onew asked, turning his gaze from Key to the man standing next to him.
 
"A fallen?" Key questioned.
 
"Yes. Minho is a fallen angel." Onew responded.
 
Key's eyes stretched so tall that he was sure they would get stuck that way.
 
"F-F-Fallen what?" He stuttered.
 
"A fallen angel." Minho repeated.
 
Key slapped his forehead lightly and rolled his eyes.
 
"What the hell is going on? Now we have fallen angels. I thought those were just little fairytales they told in books or something." He said.
 
"As much as I know this is a surprise to you," Onew began, looking at Key dearly, "I have to ask you to leave and Minho alone while I talk to him in private."
 
"Huh?!" The boy blurted out. "Now you want me to leave? Onew what the hell else are you hiding from me. I mean I already know about the Heavens, that you're an angel and is popping off. What else is there!" 
 
Onew scooted his body foreward and more straight.
 
"I understand even with the time we've spent together that this all may seem a little crazy, but I have to talk to Minho about something important." He said.
 
Key sighed and scratched the side of his head a little, then with a final look at the two of them, he nodded.
 
"Don't take forever. I don't like little whispers of secrets going around in my house." He added.
 
Onew gently smiled and nodded his head. Key gave a quick little glare at Minho, then made his way out the room, slowly closing the door, but leaving a tiny slit open to where they wouldn't notice if they were busy talking. Minho watched as Key left, then when the boy's body was no longer in their prescene, he turned his attention back on Minho.
 
"You shouldn't have gotten a human invovled in something like this." Minho said.
 
"You would know, wouldn't you?" Onew quickly inclined. 
 
Minho closed his mouth and looked down towards the floor before proceeding.
 
"What happened to your wings?" He quietly asked.
 
"That is also something you should know." Onew sincerely replied.
 
Minho reached his hand over his shoulder and touched his shirt that covered his back.
 
"They ripped out your wings." He almost whispered. "It's the most imense pain an angel will ever indure."
 
"Though I hate it so, with everything that my brother has told me and everything that has happened, I am beginning to question the Heavens. Never have I before, but now it is different. Really, I am not sure how I imagined this whole process going with me becoming human, but to me, I'm beginning to look more like a Fallen than one becoming human." Onew said.
 
"If you begin to age, trust me, you are not a Fallen. We live forever living with pain, our curse, and our guilt." Minho replied.
 
"And that is something I wanted to talk to you about. It is why I called you hear per my brother."
 
Minho's eyes began to wander, dashing from side to side as he listened to Onew's words.
 
"Onew, if the life of a Fallen is something that you wanted to know, I am sorry to say that I do not want to relive-"
 
"I don't want to know your life." Onew interrupted. "I want to know what happened to your life."
 
"Deh?" Minho asked.
 
"I know you are one of the originals but I'm not sure how much paying attention you've done throughout your years. I have done plently myself and I know that all Fallens become fallen from something they've done wrong towards the Heavens. Each have their own personal curse.  And though I do not know how long you were faithful to the Heaven's words before you broke them, I know that through the time I have served under them, I know their ways." Onew said.
 
"Onew, I don't understand what-"
 
"Simply tell me your story and I will tell you what I need to at the end.
 
"What exactly of my life do you want to know?"
 
"Everything." Onew sternly replied.
 
Minho again, looked towards the floor.
 
"Alright." He softly sighed. "It was about the time when the Heavens had announced that angels could no longer engage with the humans unless it was towards their duty or job. They had learned that angels were mating with humans and producing offsprings. Before they had announced it, I had already met Taemin. His name then, was Tae-Hyun."
 
A smirk lightly ran across Minho's face as he remember far back.
 
"I was sent to him as a job to protect him just like other angels, but when we met, there was something about him that just attracted me so much. It was like a connection. When I came to protect him as I was dutied, he already saw me coming. And since it was before the Heavens made their rule, humans could still see angels, still touch them. Taemin felt the same way about me so I began seeing him more and more, but used the excuse of protecting him. Then suddenly the Heavens sent their rules about the angels and the humans. I soon came to find it was because when the humans had angel offsprings, their offsprings could do incredible things. Some could sense angels, others could perform miracles, and some could see the future. I quickly knew why I was attracted to Taemin. He was of angel descent, the ones who could sense angels. But as the rule was given out, no longer were humans able to see us, or touch us. Because some humans were of angel descent, what they could do were untouched. So Taemin could sense me, but it was nothing sense he couldn't feel me or see me. I remember that day they made the rule, Taemin waited for me down on Earth. He waited so long too. Though I met him and he sensed something was around him, he never saw me, never touched me and every day he waited."
 
Minho's eyes saddened as the memory of his lover sitting outside, looking to the clouds, ran through his mind.
 
"We were told no interfering with their lives in any way. We simply were supposed to do our jobs. The ones who ignored this rule were stripped of their wings and sent hurdeling down to Earth, living forever with their curse. Then my day came. My end, along with Taemin's, and along with yours and your brother's."
 
****
 
"Onew hyung, hurry up~" Jonghyun whined as they carried tree logs on their backs, wrapped together.
 
"Don't tell me to hurry up when I'm carrying a lot more than you are." Onew snapped back.
 
Jonghyun smirked and slightly nudged his brother on the shoulder.
 
"Aigoo, you know I'm just kidding. I asked you if you wanted me to carry some of your share cause it looks as though it may crush you if you are not careful." Jonghyun continued.
 
Onew sighed and rolled his eyes.
 
"No, you asked me that while you were packing your light stack and walking away." He retorted.
 
They both looked at each other as their feet lodged onto the ground and immediately smiles collasped on their faces.
---
 
"Tae-Hyun, why are you still sitting here waiting for him." Tae-Hyun told himself as he sat on the light dirt beneath him.
 
"Angels can no longer be seen or felt anymore, that's for sure. Why would he just disappear though without telling me." He continued.
 
Tae-Hyun tilted his head to the sky and watched as the feather-like clouds passed by slowly as the wind blew. He sighed and played with his bottom lip as he thought to himself.
 
"What happened up there that we can no longer see each other?" He asked himself aloud. 
 
He waited another couple of minutes, hoping he would see a spread of wings shadow over him with a man's figure along with it. But the longer he sat in the dirt, the more he hated the quiet that stood around him. There was no sign of Minho, the beautiful angel that stole his heart. Was the man even looking at him anymore, though they could'nt see one another? That was the main question that swam through Tae-Hyun's mind. Because all day and everyday the beautiful angel stayed close in his.
 
More time passed by and yet again there was no sign of his lover. Another sighed  escaped his lips and slowly he stood up from his spot, dusting his legs off. Though he hated to leave, wondering if his lover would appear while he was gone, he knew that he had stayed too long. Deep inside he knew that there would be no sign of the beautiful angel anytime soon.
 
---
 
Minho could feel his lover's feelings. How the boy ached to see him, wished for his eyes to come upon his beautiful wings, but though he could not tell his lover, Minho was sure the boy knew by now. No longer could humans see angels. He wondered if the boy knew that he looked upon him everyday, every chance that he got and that he touched him whenever he could, though Tae-Hyun could not feel it, but with the feelings that he sensed from Tae-Hyun, doubt of that ran through his mind. The feelings began to swim through his body, and that's when the man stood up from the clouds he sat on, and slowly began ready to take off. He spread his wings and began to take flight, but something stopped him. It was the Heavens. Whispers of their talk began to flood his ear and when he busied on what they were telling him, his eyebrows began to furrow.
 
"Why?" He asked.
 
But the only answer he recieved back was that it was time.
 
"What does that mean?" He asked, but recieved no answer.
 
He grabbed his chest in pain at the thought of not laying eyes on his lover ever again. Minho was sure he was the only angel in Heaven who could feel this, for angels were generally only suppose to feel happiness or anger. Somehow though, when Minho met Tae-Hyun, all that changed. As the angels were allowed to see and touch the humans and the humans the alike, feelings deep inside changed some of them. All that he knew, were the ones who did collect these feelings from earth like him, had done someting to defy the Heaven's words and were now fallen. He didn't want to become like them, but how could he manage the thought of not seeing his beloved ever again?
 
Suddenly, an angel began to fly past him to who knows where, but Minho recognized her and quickly called out as to get her attention. She noticed, turning her head around and coursing her wings towards him. Her wings lightly flapped against the fluffy could as she descended, face to face with him.
 
"Minho?" She asked with a smile.
 
"Bong Cha, an angel of death, right?" He asked.
 
She nodded her head, the smile still plastered on her face.
 
"I have a question." He stated.
 
"Sure, what is it?"
 
"The Heavens have assigned me to another human but I am unsure as of why. We are suppose to protect our given human until they grow old and die." He replied.
 
"That is so." She answered.
 
"But my human is only in his mid twenties." He went on.
 
She smirked and nudged his shoulder playfully.
 
"Minho, not every human dies when they grow old. Every angel knows that."
 
He wanted to widened his eyes with shock, but he kept his expression composed and instead nodded his head saying,
 
"Yeah, silly me."
 
"You're human probably is going to die soon, that's why you have been reassigned. You probably were just unprepared. It's probably why you forgot about this." She smiled.
 
"Right, right." He smiled back.
 
"Speaking of which, you just reminded me."
 
"Of what?" He asked.
 
"After I go pick up this woman's soul, I'm suppose to go grab this boy's soul. Tae-Hyun, I think his name was." She smiled.
 
Minho felt as though his heart dropped.
 
"Tae-Hyun?" He repeated.
 
"Deh, thanks for reminding me." She smiled, began flapping her wings, and flew off without another glance.
 
Minho's eyes began to dart from side to side downwards as he grabbed his chest in horror.
 
"Tae-Hyun." He whispered to himself. "I have to go."
 
---
 
"Kwang-Sun, you must steady the horse before you set off with it." His father told him.
 
Kwang-Sun rolled his eyes before looking at his father with a smile.
 
"Trust me father, I understand your words completely. I can ride this horse." Kwang-Sun answered.
 
"Fine, but I will have someone behind you while you do. Incase you fall." His father continued.
 
"As always," Kwang-Sun answered in a sarcastic tone, "I am greatful to you father."
 
His father smiled, while snapping his fingers for someone to come. A sevent arrived before them, sitting on a horse as well. 
 
"He will be the one to follow you." His father told him.
 
"Yes father." He answered.
 
Kwang-Sun slapped the horse with the side of his feet lightly and began to tralop off, the servant right behind him.
 
Minutes passed and as he rode the horse, occassionally he would look back to see if the servant was still there and to know surprise, he was.
 
"Aish." Kwang-Sun whispered to himself. "I can't run anywhere with him tagging along me."
 
Suddenly an idea spark. Kwang-Sun yelled to his highest and hit the horse sternly on the sides. Without thought the horse sped into action and off he was. The servant's eyes began to bulge as he sped up his horse as well to keep an eye on the boy. Kwang-Sun smiled when he saw that the man couldn't keep up, but he soon released that he had no control over the animal. The horse ran, but he knew of no way to stop it. Faster and faster it went until it moved upward and the boy went flying off the back.
 
"Young master!" The servant yelled as he finally caught up.
 
As the man lept from his own horse, Kwang-Sun's horse kept running off.
 
"Don't let my horse get away!" He yelled. "Tell someone to get it!"
 
---
 
Tae-Hyun walked along a path where there was no one in sight, sighing each step he took. 
 
"You may sense him when he's near but that's as close to feeling him as you-" His words suddenly stopped.
 
There was a sound, steps? Galloping? He turned around but saw nothing. Then he saw him, two people carrying tree logs on their backs were walking his way, talking to one another. They probably couldn't even see him at all.
 
"Aww, it was only the sound of men." He whispered to himself.
 
But the sound he heard suddenly became louder, and a tingling feeling began to go down his spine. It was the feeling he got when Minho was near. His ears forgot the sound of the galloping and he turned around.
 
"Minho?! Is that you?! Are you near?!" He called.
 
Though he heard nothing, there was a suddenly push into his stomach that grabbed him unexpectedably. Before he knew it, he was flying far from the path way itself and there it was, a wild, uncontrolably horse speedily galloping through the path. It was now headed right towards the two men, but they were too distracted with eachother to pay attention.
 
"Tae-Hyun ah, Tae-Hyun ah, are you alright?" Minho asked, touching his lover who laid on the ground, and caressing the side of his face.
 
It didn't matter though. The boy couldn't hear him, see him, or feel him. He simply watched as the horse came towards those men.
 
"Look out!" He screamed.
 
Too late, the men looked up and the horse ran right into them. Their logs that were tied so securely on their backs, snapped off as the horse collided, landing on them, making the injuries worse. Minho saw the scene and quickly flew away from his lover, only for the moment and flew over towards the men. Being an angel alone he could tell that these two were dead.
 
"No, no what have I done." He whispered to himself, fear and pain beginning to take place.
 
One of the boys began to only open his eyes slightly, and slowly turned his head to where his brother lay, blood covered all over his face, and eyes, sweetly closed.
 
"Onew~" Jonghyun moaned, touching his bloody brother as he himself only saw blurred vision. 
 
"Onew hyung~ It's Jonghyun ah." He continued in blurred words.
 
Minho scrunched his eyebrows together in the horror. He flew back to his lover and stood behind him as the boy ran to check on the two men. Minho couldn't believe what he'd done.
 
Jonghyun could feel himself slipping away yet again. His body stayed in it's laying position on the ground and wouldn't move. His head moved to the side and he could see a boy running towards him. And for a second his vision cleared and far away standing behind the running boy, in silence he swore it was a man with wings. But the look didn't last long, for everything dissolved in black.
 
****
 
"That day was in the sixth year that me and Taemin had been together. Of course, my wings were torn after that incident and I was banished to walk the earth forever with my curse, shame, and guilt." Minho said. "When I was sent on Earth, the Heavens made it to where I saw Taemin that day and he saw me. My face was the same, nothing was different except for the fact I didn't have wings anymore. He was going to approach me and I him but suddenly a thick branch fell from a tree he was walking under and hit him on the head, killing him instantly. After that years would go by and Taemin would be reborn into someone knew, just like every one is, and somehow in that lifetime we would meet: destined, cursed. And when we would be together for sixth years, he would die in front of me, to a point where I would not be able to help him or get to him in time." 
 
"Why didn't you ever avoid him then?" Onew asked.
 
"Because it is a curse written by the Heavens. No matter how much I avoided it, it didn't matter. We would always meet and always be together until time was up." He angered.
 
"So that is the story you wanted to know so badly. Now, tell me why I had to tell you of it?" He continued.
 
"If you promise to help me and Key, I promise to help you with your curse. As I said before we started all of this, I have listened closely to the Heavens." Onew answered.
 
"And how the hell can you help me with my curse?" Minho asked.
 
Onew looked down for a second, calming himself, then looked into the man's eyes sincerely. On the other side of the door Key listened, his eyes wide and his ears pained to hear what he'd just heard. His mouth hung open and closer he listened.
 
"I know how to get rid of the curse." He heard Onew say. "Forever."
 
 
Hey guys! So I know it's been like forever since I updated, but I've been SUPER busy! I started college and I'm on the college newspaper so I never had time to write while I was in school or at home. Then, to make things worse, I was moving in with my sister and aunt, and we had to get a new house, basically starting over from sratch. It's been about two to three weeks now and we're still moving stuff out or unpacking. I've been getting homework after homework and now I have exams. WHEW! But in my free time at school I was able to finish my chapter for you guys. SO SORRY IF THERE ARE SPELLING ERRORS AND SOME GRAMMAR ERRORS! I was in a hurry to finish. But to say the least, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Until next time!