My Brother

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

"And though the beginning wasn't even near, I still cried for the ending...for not all endings are happy..."

****

The sharp sound of a knife piercing skin echoed throughout the room as both Onew and Key screamed. Onew’s hand was still firmly gripped around the handle; Jonghyun’s hand firmly around his. A tear quickly dropped from the corner of his eye. Only then did he notice the blood running from Jonghyun’s back. How didn’t he catch this before? Was he too caught up in everything? Either way, there was something that was pretty evident…his wings were gone.

“W-What are you doing!” He screamed in agony.

“W-What needed to be done?” Jonghyun answered.

Biting his lower lip, he gripped Onew’s grasp a little harder and pulled the knife out. Just as he was about to collapse to the floor, Key ran up to him and caught him from behind. His eyes quenched in pain as some of the bones that stuck out the man’s back pierced his own skin. Even with the pain he bore in his back, Onew hopped from the bed and bent down to his brother’s side. He looked at the knife in his hands; blood covered it from tip to base. He placed the knife down on the floor next to him and placed both his hands over his brother’s wound.

“Onew, what’s going on? I’m not supposed to see him am I?” Key screamed, keeping his arms tightly around the man.

“J-Jonghyun what have you done?” Onew stuttered, eyeing his brother in agony.

“You’re bleeding,” he continued, “why are you pleading, you’re not supposed to bleed!”

Jonghyun pulled out a smile as best he could.

“Fallen-a-angels bl-bleed.” He was finally able to say.

“What?” Onew questioned.

****

Minho sighed and looked down towards the ground in sorrow.

“Then this decision is all yours.” He stated. “What will you choose?”

“Tears will be shed by my brother either way I choose.” Jonghyun answered. “So I will make sure that he gets what he came down for. That is the least I can do.”

“What does that mean?” Minho asked.

Jonghyun looked at the man with eyes of hatred.

“It means I have to do something extremely painful if it works.” He replied.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the man in confusion.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Tell me this,” Jonghyun began, “for Onew to survive this, he needs a soul that has been through death at least once and survived. Does it matter if it’s a soul of a person still living at this moment?”

Minho tilted his head as to think, then slowly began to shake his head.

“I do not really think that part matters. As long as the soul has experienced death once and survived, I believe it would be enough for Onew’s body to take. I mean after all-wait-“ he stopped.

“What are you getting at Jonghyun?”

“Me.” The man stated, pointing to his chest.

“You?”

“The day of me and my brother’s death, I came back. Not for a very long time, but I came back just for a minute. You of all should remember. That’s how I saw you.” He answered.

Minho thought for a moment and when the scene ran in his mind; how the two dead bodies lay before him, a mistake he wish he never made; and how suddenly Jonghyun came back for just a second, calling his brother’s name, seeing Minho, then slowly slipping back into death.

“You’re right.” Minho stated.

Then he started to shake his head.

“Wait-Jonghyun, though you are already dead and your soul has been through death at least once, I doubt your plan will work. I am sorry to say.”

“And why is that?” The man asked.

“The reason they chose a human is not because they are dead or not, more because their soul is bound to earth. Hence, Onew getting to stay on Earth and living as a human.”

“You seem to leave out important of information when you speak of these things.” Jonghyun scowled.

He began to walk from side to side, deep in thought, then an idea struck him.

“Minho, you are bound to Earth, are you not?” He asked.

“Well yes, I am a Fallen. All Fallen are.” He answered.

Jonghyun began to smile.

“When exactly did you officially become a Fallen?”

“Well, I would have to say when the Heavens ripped our wings from our bodies. Just like Onew in a sense. An angel is bound.”

“Then a Fallen I should become.” Jonghyun replied.

“Jonghyun what you speak of is-“

“Dangerous, I know.” He interrupted.

The man looked at the ground for a moment and bit his lower lip.

“It’s going to be the most painful experience of my afterlife.” He stated.

Nodding his head, he slowly approached Minho. He smiled and patted the man on the shoulder.

“You are a Fallen, but you are a friend,” he began, “I respect all that you have done for my brother and I. Thus I have to leave you and you should live the life you wanted with your lover.”

“Jonghyun I-“

“Everything happens for a reason as we all are taught.” Jonghyun interrupted.

“Jonghyun,” Minho said sadly.

“Yes?” He asked.

“When an angel dies, I am unsure what happens to them afterward.” He responded.

Jonghyun smirked again.

“Finally,” he spoke softly, “something the Heavens have not told you. It is something I do not wish to hear even so.”

And before Minho could say anymore, Jonghyun swiftly spread out his wings and flew away.

****

Jonghyun landed at the window of Key’s house and as he looked inside, he saw the two of them together. Key sitting right next to Onew. Though he stood in the window in plain sight, it was as if he wasn’t there at all. That’s when he knew, Onew could no longer see him. He sighed a bit, looking down to the ground.

“I’m sorry my brother.” He whispered.

With his wings still spread about, he reached behind himself with both hands and grabbed part of the base of his left wing as best he could. Closing his eyes, he gripped tighter and with all his angelic strength, he pulled on his wing until he heard the cracks. Quickly, he cried out a loud, but just as him standing in front of the window, Onew made no reaction. The man could no longer hear him, but that would change when Jonghyun made himself a Fallen.

****

“J-Jonghyun, w-what have you done…you shouldn’t have done it.” His brother cried out.

There were no words that could describe the pain and utter heartbreak he was feeling before him. But then something caught his attention. For the first time in the many years that they been together as brothers, Jonghyun started to smile.

“J-Jonghyun, you’re-“

“Smiling.” The man interrupted.

“I am-f-finally h-happy for you my b-brother.” He continued, “I o-owe you this much b-brother. F-Forever d-down casting your dreams…I-I ap-apologize.”

“It’s ok, it’s ok. Don’t worry about that ok. We just need to get you better. Alright?” Onew pleaded.

“I-It’s ok.” Jonghyun said.

“No it’s not!” The man yelled. “We don’t know what’s going to happen to you.”

“M-Maybe I will f-finally g-get peace.” He smiled. “N-Now my brother, p-pick the knife back u-up.”

Onew shook his head.

“F-For m-me brother.” Jonghyun pleaded.

Onew looked into his younger brother’s eyes. What kind of brother would he be if he just let him die here, but as he saw it, there was no other choice. His brother had done this much.

“T-There’s not much time h-hyung. I-I’m almost there. J-Just grab it.” He ordered.

Onew did as his brother said and picked up the knife. Though he was in pain, Jonghyun quickly grabbed hold of his brother’s hand that held the knife. He smiled and nodded his head towards his hyung.

“Jonghyun you can’t go like this. It’s not fair.” Onew cried.

“Our l-lives haven’t been f-fair since the day we d-died.” Jonghyun replied.

He turned his eyes towards Key, a smile still plastered on his face.

“I-I am s-sorry for the w-words that I’ve said about you.” He apologized.

Key shook his head.

“You’re his brother. How else should you react?” He tried to chuckle but a tear began coming down.

“It’s nice, to finally get to see you.” He continued.

Jonghyun nodded his head.

“T-Take care of him.” Jonghyun said.

“I will.” Key smiled.

Jonghyun turned his attention back on Onew and gripped his hand tighter.

“I love you brother.” He said.

“I love you too.” Onew whispered.

"Don't worry brother-I-I will always b-be with you." Jonghyun whispered, placing his free hand on the man's chest.

And just as the words uttered out of his mouth, a glow began to emit from the words inscribed on the handle. Jonghyun’s wound began to glow and in a mist of light, his body began to disappear until he was no more. It soared into the handle of the knife, the flowed back into Onew.

****

~Two Months Later~

Onew stood in the midst of a graveyard and finished carving the words on the medium sized stone he’d found. Snow covered the ground and fell from the sky. It was so cold outside, that he could see his breath. Behind him he could hear the crunching of grass through footsteps.

“One hot mocha latte for myself and another for you.” Key said, coming up from behind.

Onew smiled and stood up, placing the knife with Heaven’s words inscribed on it, inside his boot that he wore. He kissed Key softly on the cheek and grabbed the drink from him.

“You found one?” Key asked.

Onew nodded his head.

“He finally got a grave-stone that we never got a thousand years ago.” Onew replied.

“Jonghyun, a strong brother and friend.” Key read aloud. “I like it.”

“Mhm. But it’s getting cold, we should start heading back now.” Onew replied.

“Onew,” Key began.

Onew stopped and sincerely looked at Key.

“It’s been bothering me. After all this, won’t the Heavens be angry with us? Why hasn’t lightening come to strike us or something?” He asked.

“No one will ever know what they’re thinking or how they’re planning to get me back for this, but let them be angry.” He responded looking towards the sky.

He smirked then turned his attention back on Key. He held out his hand and with a smile Key intertwined his fingers with his lover.

“Afterall,” he continued, “I got their knife.”

They walked out the graveyard and down the sidewalk where Taemin and Minho were waiting for them.

“You guys done doing whatever you was doing?” Taemin teased.

“Yes, yes.” Key smiled.

“Alright, let’s go.” Minho replied.

As the crew began to walk, Taemin abruptly stopped and looked up at the sky as a shiver ran down his spine. They all stopped and looked at him sternly.

“Taemin, are you alright?” Minho asked.

Taemin looked back at them, snapping from his trance in the sky.

“Yeah, just got a shiver down my spine is all. Guess it never goes away.” He smiled uncomfortably.

“It’s probably just the cold.” Key responded, breaking the awkward silence.

Minho smiled along and intertwined his fingers with his lover’s.

“Yeah, just the cold.” He repeated with a smile.

Taemin nodded his head, though his expression deemed he wasn’t so sure.

“Just the cold.” He assured himself.

 

I'm sorry to say, but that my readers was the end of this fanfic! I hope you enjoyed the ending just like I enjoyed writing it and I hope you enjoyed this whole fanfic! Sorry if I have any spelling errors, finished this late at night..or early morning lol. I hope to never let you guys down and always love your COMMENTS! I am already working on a new fanfic called Beautiful Boys with violent romance, killing, and what always seems to keep you guys going...Taemin as a bad guy. He plays a killer sentenced to jail....but that's all I can tell you guys. If you're not into violence, sorry. My sister's been waiting a year for me to write the fanfic so I got to. If you guys want to stay updated with all this follow me on twitter by clicking HERE! Also, if you're a writer and would like me to read your fanfic and give sincere feedback, send me a private message or something on my page because I get a lot of request, so I've been meaing to say that! No Harm Done! Thank you guys and I hope you guys enjoyed it! I actually need to finish working on this book I'm almost done writing so it might be a little bit before the first chapter of the new fanfic that's why I thought some people might want to stay updated!