The Bloody Truth

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

"Even in the eyes of the angels, the real truth is bloodier than the lies."

****

"I made you some extra food that's in the microwave if you think you're hungry again." Key told Onew as he fixed his clothes.

 
Onew smiled and silently nodded his head to the boy's words.
 
"Don't just nod your head, I mean it." Key continued.
 
"Deh. I understand." He continued smiling.  "Just make sure you get really checked at the hospital."
 
"And you make sure that if anything happens, you'll call me on your cellphone. I put on the end table next to you." Key pointed to the flat screened device that lay down. " Remember how I showed you to dial my number?"
 
"Deh." He nodded.
 
"Araso. I'm going to the hospital and the police like I promised, but I'll be back soon." Key said.
 
"Deh." Onew nodded once again.
 
Before Key walked out of the bedroom door, he turned and looked at Onew meaningfully in the eye. Worried covered his expression but once again Onew kept a full on smile on his face. Finally the boy left, and when the man heard the front door open and close, he let out a sight of relief. 
 
"I hope the doctors don't find anything wrong." He whispered. "It wouldn't-"
 
"Onew." He heard a familiar voice whisper.
 
The man practically jumped out of his skin when he heard the unexpected voice whisper from the window. Onew turned towards the window and saw his brother. Jonghyun tapped lightly at the closed window. Onew scooted his body of the edge of the bed, then stood up and looked towards the window in question. After Onew opened the window, Jonghyun folded in his wings and slowly began to climb in.
 
"Jonghyun?" Onew questioned.
 
The first thing that ran through the man's head when he saw his little brother was their last encounter, so without realzing it, a scowl crept on his face. Jonghyun straightened his body and brushed off his clothes before looking his older brother in the eyes.
 
"I see you still remember the last time we met." Jonghyun replied bluntly. 
 
"I do not see how it can escape my mind. You almost cost Key his life." Onew replied.
 
"Hyung, I was simply-"
 
"You know if you really wanted to bother me even more than you did last time, you could have just popped your way into my room instead of this dramatic entrance that doesn't make any sense at-"
 
"I see your human emotions are really coming to." Jonghyun interrupted.
 
The words slipped out of his mouth, even though he tried to subside his issues with his brother's choices.
 
"But I cannot simply pop in here because my usage here on Earth his limited." He continued.
 
"Well that's impossible," Onew said, "unless the Heavens are upset with you."
 
He looked into his little brother's eyes but Jonghyun only gives him a stern look back.
 
"Me and the Heavens are having some trouble communicating, in fact, I might be in more trouble when they find out I've been here." He said.
 
"That doesn't make sense, how would the Heavens not know now that you are here?" Onew asked, sitting down slowly on the edge of his bed.
 
"They have, silenced me from themselves from the time being." Jonghyun responded quietly. 
 
Onew's expression turned from upset to serious when he heard his brother's words.
 
"Onew hyung, there is something that I need to tell you."
 
****
 
"Well, Mr. Kibum, it seems that the wound on your head is healing well. There doesn't seem to be any serious damages to it, so don't worry." The doctor said as he finished repatching the man's head.
 
Key sighed and slowly nodded his head when he was done.
 
"Well, that's a relief." He whispered.
 
"Indeed it is. I heard you had a hectic time." The doctor continued as he walked away. "Consider yourself lucky."
 
He smiled and then left the room, letting Key know that he could leave whenever he could. Key pursed his lips and grabbed his things before getting up and leaving the room. Waiting in the waiting room where the two policemen that he called ahead of time before he arrived here.
 
"Good news." Key sighed as he approched them. "There's nothing wrong with my head except for a couple of scratches."
 
"Good," one of the officers replied. "this way we can get a good statement out of you."
 
"Right." He sighed again.
 
****
 
Onew breathed deepily and looked towards the floor. He shook his head slightly.
 
"I knew there was something I sensed odd about Minho, but a fallen angel? And at that he was there when we died? Are you sure you remembered right?" Onew asked.
 
"Hyung, things like this I would not remember wrongly." Jonghyun replied.
 
"The things he told you though. Jonghyun, fallen angels are not to be trusted, they are sinners of the Heavens." Onew replied.
 
"The Heavens that have now silenced me for something I knew nothing about." Jonghyun retorted back.
 
Onew stood up from his spot and looked at his brother in disbelief.
 
"Jonghyun, you are starting to sound like him." 
 
"Hyung, listen to his words. But aside the point that he is a Fallen. Hyung, does it not bother you that he knew us! Does it not bother you the words that came from his lips! He is one of the originally angels!"
 
"And now he is a Fallen!" Onew yelled back.
 
"Listen to me!" Jonghyun said sternly, his head shaking in anger. "If there was some untruth to his words, why are the Heaens silencing me as we speak! Why!"
 
"If we cannot be reborn why after a thousand years would the Heavens give me a second!" Onew yelled.
 
Abrutly he stood up and quickly walked over towards the end table and opened it. The somewhat long box that his younger brother gave him when this all started, a gift from the Heavens, lay in there. 
 
"Why would they give this to me then!" He yelled and with no warning, he slammed the box down on the floor.
 
The box skidded across the floor and slid, slightly hitting the wall opposite of Onew, but it did not open. It didn't even break just a little. There was only a clunk from the noise of whatever was inside.
 
"Why would they help me so much to live again if we weren't meant to be reborn!" Onew yelled.
 
A tear formed in the corner of his eye and silently it ran down, slowly going down his cheek.
 
"Why would they do this!" He hollered again.
 
Jonghyun looked towards the ground. No matter how much he wanted to, the feeling of sadness would not come to him. He understood his brother's feelings, but unfortunately, he couldn't feel the pain that he was feeling. And with all the anger he harbored in his mind, this had to be the first time he wished he wasn't an angel.
 
"Hyung," he said softly.
 
His brother looked up, the tears streaming down his face as he tried his best to face the reality.
 
"This may be wrong to say," he slowly began.
 
"What?" Onew questioned back softly.
 
"Hyung,"
 
"What?"
 
"I, I do not think they planned on you succeeding." Jonghyun answered.
 
****
 
Key let out another breath as he walked towards the door to his house. He rolled his eyes after thinking about the long talk he had with the policemen, the quick lies he had to think of to make sure the real truth didn't come slipping out his mouth. Instead of telling them that an angel was the one that swooped him up to catch him when he fell from the building, he told them that after the man hit him with the gun, he hit him back and that was enough time for Key to escape towards the long thick pole that ran along that side of the building. He said that in the midst of the rush, he tried to slide down it, but close to the ground, he slipped and fell. If there hadn't been a pole running along that side of the building, he didn't know what he would have said.  
 
The police had no choice but to believe him since he was the victim and suspect was mentally ill. When he thought about this, it did frighten him a bit to go back to work, so it was a good thing that he was given time off. Key proceeded inside his house and threw his things on his couch. That's when he heard it. The sound was faraway, but still enough to where he could hear it. It was a small cracking sound. Like a sound one would hear if there was a crack in forming on the side of a wall. The only difference was, it was coming from his room. 
 
"Onew." He whispered, his eyes becoming wide.
 
He rushed towards his room and that's when the cracking sound grew louder and louder.
 
"Onew!" He screamed.
 
He turned the knob and pushed the door opened. It swung and hit the side of the wall with a loud bang. And there Onew was. On the floor in front of the bed laying in a pool of blood, shattered bones spread around him. And next to him, there was something even worse. As Onew howled in pain and tears ran down his face, his large left wing lay still next to him, detached from his body.
 
 
So guys, I'm really really really really sorry for this late update, but if you've been following me on twitter, then you know that I've been sick for a whole week and even worse, the medicine that the doctor prescribed me, I ended up being allergic to. So I became even sicker from the allergic reactions. So I'm finally slowly feeling better and I thought to myself, 'I can finally update the story'. So if you're wondering what was going on, that happened. So anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the update and I will be working on the other chapter soon! Bye Guys!