Another Day

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

"Even in the days of the angels, another day goes by, sometimes fasta nd sometimes slow..."

****

He quickly got up and helped Onew up as well.

 
"M-Mianhe." Onew stuttered.
 
"Aigoo, Aigoo." He tsked. "It's not even anything serious, it's just a scrap. Plenty of people get em and eventually, maybe you will too. Especially the way you keep putting your heads in the clouds. I told you to stop getting distracted. Why the hell didn't you listen?"
 
Onew in his bottom lip and tightly grasped the bags in his hands.
 
"I thought I saw something." He mumbled.
 
Again, Key tsked.
 
"Aigoo...what am I going to do with you." He commented back.
 
****
 
"Are you sure you don't want me to help you with that?" Onew asked as he watched Key from the kitchen.
 
The man sat on one of the living room couches and used a bandage wrap, after cleaning his wound, to wrap it up neatly.
 
"If by help, you're talking about using your little angel powers, no thank you. Just follow the rules and you'll be fine." He said back.
 
Onew pouted his lips as he grabbed some things from the bags to put them away.
 
"That's not what I meant." He replied.
 
"Oh. Just finish putting up the food and I'll finish wrapping up my scrap." Key announced.
 
"Deh." Onew yelled back in sadness.
 
Key tied the rest of it towards the front of his knee, so the not wouldn't hurt the back of his skin, whenever his knee was bent. 
 
"Ah, that's better." He sighed to himself. 
 
Just as he got up to put away the supplies, the doorbell rang.
 
"Oh, Key, do you want me to get it since you're injured." Onew announced from the kitchen.
 
Key stretched his arms and bit and turned around only to give Onew a look.
 
"Yah, Onew, what did I just tell you?" He asked.
 
Again, Onew pouted his lips and turned back around.
 
"I know, I'm putting away the food." He answered.
 
Key made his way towards the door and when he opened it, he was surprised to see it was Taemin standing there with a pouting his face.
 
"Taemin ah?" He asked.
 
Taemin sighed and pushed his way inside the house. He eyed Onew when he saw the man putting up food in the kitchen.
 
"Oh, I see he's still here." He answered with a bit of bitterness.
 
Key arched his eyebrow in annoyance and rolled his eyes as he closed the door behind him.
 
"Of course he is. Now exactly what is your reason for coming over without calling first?" He asked.
 
"Key, I never call when I'm making a visit over here." He answered.
 
Key sighed and rolled his eyes again.
 
"Unfortunately." He replied.
 
"Yah," Taemin whispered, "can you tell him to go somewhere else or something. I need to talk to you about something."
 
Key furrowed his eyebrows and looked towards Onew who was still putting up food and back towards his friend.
 
"He's fine." Key answered. "He's not the kind to ease drop."
 
"Says the one who just met him." Taemin remarked. "But seriously, it's something really serious and I only want you in here when I tell it to you."
 
"Aigoo." Key huffed, grabbing onto the side of his head. 
 
He looked towards Onew once again, but this time called his name.
 
"Deh?" The man asked.
 
"Can you go into my room for a while, while me and Taemin talk in private?" He asked.
 
Onew looked towards Key and then towards Taemin.
 
"Yes. I planned on dismissing myself anyway for it seems that Taemin is somewhat dismayed." He smiled.
 
He placed the package food that he held in his hands back on the kitchen counter and made his way towards the room. Taemin and Key watched until the man closed the door behind him and slowly Key turned back to Taemin with his arms crossed.
 
"You see Taemin, he planned on dismissing himself anyway." He copied.
 
****
 
Onew walked around the room then went towards the end table and opened the drawer. He pulled out the box that was so neatly placed inside and stared at the writings yet again. Lightly, his fingers walked across the embedded lettering and he tilted his head to the side.
 
"When exactly is the right time for this to open?" He questioned aloud.
 
He sighed a bit and sat down on the bed.
 
"I can't help but have a somewhat preculiar feeling about this."
 
****
 
"Aigoo, Taemin what exactly does that mean." Key commented, furrowing his eyebrows.
 
"It's just what I'm telling you. He's been saying that on and off lately and frankly, it's starting to freak me out." Taemin answered.
 
"Well, to tell you the truth, it's not surprising that he keeps implying you guys are going to break up. I mean you guys been on and off for years but you act like the perfect couple. But the doomed part is new."
 
"I know!" Taemin exclaimed, flailing his arms in the air. "Even if we break up, we're going to get back together, but this doomed stuff is really freaking me out. He's never talked like that before. Today he was going to work so I thought about coming to talk to you about it."
 
"Oh." Key said, nodding his head.
 
"And on top of that, I think his rash is getting worse, he keeps scratching it."
 
"Maybe it's infected or something. Maybe that's why he keeps saying he's doomed." Key answered.
 
Taemin scowled up his lip in distaste.
 
"I don't know. Usually I could read Minho like a book but lately, I don't know. He's just been acting strange. I can't read him at all."
 
Key huffed and patted his friend softly on the back.
 
"Aigoo, Taemin ah, everything will be alright." He whispered.
 
Taemin slowly nodded his head though his thoughts said otherwise.
 
****
 
Onew squatted on the bed as the moonlight began to pierce through the window. Key wrapped himself in the cover and looked back at Onew with tired eyes.
 
"Onew, you're still not going to go to bed today?" He asked.
 
Onew crossed his arms and looked back at Key.
 
"Aniyo. I'm not feeling the tired effect of humans right now."
 
"Okay." He said with a nod of his head. "Don't you want to know what me and Taemin talked about. Why I asked you to step into the other room."
 
Onew sighed, but shook his head with a soft smile.
 
"Aniyo. What you and your friends discuss with one another is not of my concern for it is your own business. If it was important, I am sure you would have informed me, but it seemed a discussion meant for friends." Without realizing it, he began to yawn for just a second.
 
"Aigoo, you really have a pure heart, don't you?" Key whispered.
 
Onew smiled back and it was that smile that made Key stare. The long he stared, he realized heat began to rush throughout his cheeks and knowing the moonlight was on them, he turned around to have his back towards Onew. Lightly he touched his checks and squeezed his eyes closed. What was he thinking? Why was he like this? Mentally, he shook his head at his thoughts and slowly, the heat began to go away. But the question soon appeared back in his head and he opened his eyes just for a minute, for sleep was starting to get the best of him.
 
"Onew," Key moaned as he closed his eyes.
 
"Deh." Onew answered, his feet crouched on the bed as usual as he watched Key's backside in the moonlight.
 
"Be more careful after today."
 
Onew began to yawn.
 
"D-Deh." He stuttered.
 
"Onew," he began again.
 
"D-Deh." The man yawned.
 
"Have you ever...liked...someone before?" He breathed, opening his eyes.
 
He waited patiently but there was no answer.
 
"Onew?" He asked again, but again nothing.
 
Key rolled over and turned his attention on the man, only to find him in his same crouching position, with his eyes closed, breathing lightly. His eye swent wide as he looked upon the scene. Pulling his hand out from under the cover, he waved it in front of Onew's face, but there was no reaction.
 
"He's finally fell asleep." He awed.
 
Slowly, Onew's body began to rock as his eyelashes fluttered, casting a shadow. Soon, his body leaned over and it was then that Key realized the man was about to fall. Onew's leg began to slip and as he fell back, Key jumped up to catch him. Heavily, Onew's body landed on top of him when he pulled him back.
 
"Hmph!" He moaned when he felt the man's wieght on him.
 
Onew's head was tilted in Key's direction and like nothing happened he was still fast sleep; small breaths still coming out. And that's when Key realized, Onew's lips was just an inch away from his. Slowly, Key began to lean closer but as soon as his lips felt Onew's just for a split second, he moved his head away. And with wide eyes he rolled Onew next to him and adjusted him in the bed.  His heart beat fast and his breath was unstable. His hand touched his chest as he looked towards the moon outside.
 
 
Sorry for any grammar mistakes! COMMENT!