Death Was Inevitable

1000 Year Old Angel Wish

 

~There is a saying that God or whoever lays above the clouds works in mysterious ways, but is it mysterious because we as humans question it or because there is no answer we can think of...~
 
****
 
     Onew and his brother sat, perched at the edge of a building top. Onew bowed his head down on his hand as his elbow sat on his lap and let out a sigh.
 
    "What's the matter now?" His brother asked with worrisome eyes. 
 
    Onew tilted his head from side to side, as if deciding on his decision to talk or not. Finally, words came through his lips.
  
    "Jonghyun," he began, "look at them." 
 
    Onew gestured his hand towards the bottom, where sidewalks lay and many people walked with either anger, smiles, or blunt expressions.
 
    "I want that." He continued.
 
    Jonghyun too sighed and rolled his eyes as he stood up. His feet just touched the edges of the building top and his silver, metalic-like wings sat silent on his back.
 
    "Hyung, I don't have time for this." Jonghyun spoke with anger. "You say this all the time, you have for-"
 
    "A thousand years." Onew interrupted, tilting his head upwards to meet with Jonghyun's eyes.
 
    Jonghyun pursed his lips though.
 
    "Onew, we're not going to have this conversation again. You know how it ends, we both do. You whine about wanting to become a human, you fly off to the heavens and you plead them. I've traveled that journey with you too many times and I don't want to do it again." He said.
 
    Onew tsked and too, stood up on the building edges. Coarsely and sternly, he looked into his younger brother's eyes with replete anger and placed his hands on his hips. His wings, the same as his brother's, seemed to flal a bit, responding to his anger.
 
    "Jonghyun, I'm tired of you doubting me. It does not matter how many times I've pleaded to the heavens, it's how serious I am about my decision. And one day, yes, it will get to them and they will see it from my eyes. You are suppose to be my brother. From the moment we died, we've still been together and here you are, yet again, doubting my decisions."
 
    "Onew, I am your brother. I do respect your decisions, but this, I just believe you should give up on. No matter how many times you cry out to them, they do not care. We are here. We are angels for a reason. Everyone dies for a reason. Yes, our previous life wasn't very successful, but that doesn't mean our angel life cannot be." Onew pursed his lips to his brother's words.
 
    "And I too, respect your decision, but I do nott like it. I love our angel life, but I'm tired of it. We've been doing this for too long and though you may have been ready to die, I wasn't." He pressed his hand against his chest. His eyes turned to that of sadness.
 
    "I want to live," he continued, "if only for one more time. Experience how it is to eat, to sleep, to feel all those human emotions once again."
 
    "You do have human emotions. Anger and satisfaction." Jonghyun corrected. Onew sighed and waved his hand a bit.
 
    "Jonghyun, you don't understand what I'm talking about, but you usually never do. Yes we have satisfaction and anger, because those are the only two emotions we are allowed to have as angels. I want all those other emotions we use to have." He turned his head once again to look down at the humans and slowly, a smile crept on his face.
 
    "You're in over your head again." Jonghyun huffed out. 
 
    His younger brother turned around and steadied his wings. Without another word, he flapped them figorously and flew off into the clouds. Onew tilted his head up where the sun beamed and watched his little brother disappear from his sight.
 
    "No, you just don't understand me." Onew whispered to himself, but he steadied his eyes at the clouds even more. "Heavens, why don't you ever answer my pleas?"
 
    This time, he did not talk to himself, but louder, as so the heavens could hear him. 
 
    "I want my time as the Angel of Time to be over. I want to live out as a human for the rest of my days. Today marks the thousandth year I've asked you and still will you not answer me?"
 
    There was no respond. Onew nodded his head as if he understood.
 
    "I will wait another year." He now whispered to himself. "And I will wait another thousand if I have to, but I will not accept eternity as an angel."
 
    And with that, he readied his wings, and flew off into the sky.
 
~~~~
 
    Key looked out the window as the plane flew over the clouds. His vacation was over and back to managing a company he sometimes didn't give a damn about, was something he had to visit once again. He loved it at other times though, so it wasn't that much of a pain. His mind was normal and his life was normal. That's all he ever wanted. If only he could've grabbed hold of normal friends, but when it came to Minho and Taemin, that wasn't going to be the deal.
 
    "We will be heading to our destination in three hours." Annouced the pilot. 
 
    Key lifted his eyebrow as he heard the words. Really? Three hours? He must've slept for a while because the last thing he remembered was her saying ten hours. 
 
    "I hope those two won't be waiting at the airport for me." He whispered to himself, noteing back on Minho and Taemin.
 
    The last thing he needed to start off his day back to Korea was those two popping up, possible talking about how they'd broken up once again or how they found the perfect elligible bachelor for him. A heavy sigh released from his mouth just from the thought of it.
 
    "You need to get normal friends." He reminded himself before opening up his laptop. 
 
    When his back was adjusted in the seat after several tilts from side to side of his body, he his dvd player on his laptop and started watching a movie.
 
~~~~
 
    Onew's foot stepped on a feather-like cloud and his eyes wandered around the pink, orangish settting that lay in a wide circle around him. This was the heavens. This is where he'd lived for a thousand years, simply doing his job. He looked towards the center of the circle and could see a fellow angel flying through, entering the heavens with a soul.
 
    "That was me once." He whispered to himself.
 
    Onew looked down at his arm and caressed his skin as if it was a new material.
 
    "This skin is no longer a human's. For a thousand years it has only been a shield." He continued.
 
    He nodded his head to his words and continued walking on. Suddenly, though, his feet stopped. Whispers murmured about his mind and he tilted his head as he listened.
 
    "Is there somebody's time I need to start?" He asked, but immediately shook his head. "No?"
 
    The whispers enhanced through his mind and as he cleared out the voices, his eyes began to widened. Their words were so clear and specific. A tear ran down one of his eyes.
 
    "Do you mean it?" He asked, looking above him. The whispers answered with sincerity and he smiled in return, continuing to nod his head. Suddenly a shadow cast above him and he looked only to his little brother in anger flying down to accompany him on the clouds.
 
    "Brother, there is good news." Onew began, but Jonghyun immediately held up his hand.
 
    "I already know." He answered in destain. Onew furrowed his eyebrows.
 
    "How?"
 
    "You think when the heavens just talk to you that others aren't being informed about the situation. All of the angels have been notified of the heavens' decisions so no one can interfere." He continued. Onew nodded his head as if he understood, then wiped the tear that had rolled underneath his chin.
 
    "This is my chance. They are letting me leave."
 
    "It's more like a trial." Jonghyun retorted back. "There is no leaving the heavens. They are only trying to make you happy."
 
    "Do you still destest my decision? Even the heavens have allowed it now. Can't you see?" Onew pursed his lips and walked up to his brother. With open arms he grasped his little brother's shoulders and shook them slightly.
 
    "Jonghyun," he began. "you can come with me. Plead to the heavens so that we both can go down there. It will be lonely with just me." Jonghyun snatched his body away.
 
    "Then you will have to be alone. As you've mentioned to me too many times, you alone have chose this road so you alone will take. I enjoy these metallic wings that lay on our backs, but you do not. I enjoy our shielded skin, but you do not. Even if the heavens allow it, my heart will never approve. You leave, you leave alone."
 
    "Jonghyun-"
 
    "You should go. I heard they chose a human to accompany you on this journey."
 
    "Jonghyun, please let us talk before-"
 
    "Remember to follow the rules the heavens have provided you if you so truely want to become human hyung." He tilted his head to the side as if something had caught in his ear. "I must leave. The heavens call for me."
 
     Before his older brother could utter out anymore words, Jonghyun flapped his wings and flew further up into the clouds where his body disappeared. Onew wanted to feel something, but the only emotions that wielded through his mind was happiness of the heavens' approval and anger of his brother's disapproval. The only emotions allowed of an angel.
 
~~~~
 
    Key grabbed his luggage and further walked into the airport where many other Koreans walked about. Carefully, he looked around the area in search of his friends and when he saw no sign of neither Taemin nor Minho, he let out a sigh of relief.
 
    "Thank goodness." He replied with a smile. His hand touched his chest ever so lightly as the breath blew out his mouth.
 
    Tomorrow, he would start work again, and this was the thought that waved through his mind. Work. Gosh how he'd enjoyed his vacation. 
 
    "Guess I should call a cab." He told himself aloud.
 
    Key dug into his back pocket and brought out his cell phone. Dialing the number that he'd remembered by heart, he called the taxi services and told them where to pick him up. They assured him they'd be around in about fifteen minutes. He nodded his head and placed his cell phone back into his pocket.
 
    "Wait, what time is it?" He asked, pulling his phone back out, but remembering he had a watch on his wrist, he looked at the instead. "Deh?" He questioned.
 
    The hands on the watched had stopped and not even the skinnest hand moved a bit. Key's face began to scowl and he tapped it over and over again, trying to start it up.
 
    "This watch was too damn expensive to not be working." He added, tapping it harder. Still, there was no movement.
 
    He decided then to look at his phone, but as he observed the time on that device as well, it only showed the time that his watch had stopped at. That was odd, because by now the time should have changed. What was this? Now his phone didn't even want to cooperate. That was great. Just the bad luck he needed to start off his day back to Korea. Key shook his head.
 
    "Maybe I should've extended my vacation." He mumured to himself. 
 
    When his phone was back in his back pocket, he looked around the airport for any sign of a clock on a wall or something. He'd found one, not too far away, but the hands on that clock too, weren't moving. That's when he studied the people around them. Some people did exactly what he'd just been doing and looked at their watches and other clocks in dismay.
 
    "What the hell is going on?" But of course there was no answer.
 
     Key shook his head and began walking towards the outside of the airport. It didn't matter what time it was now. By how much he stalled, he was sure the taxi would be on its way. A wave of people headed in the same direction, moved the same way he did as well. That's all he needed to top on the wierdness. Too many people outside. And what if one of them tried to steal his taxi thinking it was their's or just being plain rude. Key huffed just thinking about it and quickened his pace. Suddenly, a chill ran down his back. Though he didn't stop walking, in a way he wanted to, because he couldn't help but feel like someone was following him.
 
     "Be careful when you cross the street." Came somewhat of a dark voice. 
 
    Immediately Key jumped and stopped moving altogether. In a whisk, he'd turned his body around and looked about frantically. There was nothing though. Nothing but the other people walking around him; some looking at him as if he had problems.
 
    "What the is going on?" He whispered to himself; his chest, heaving in and out with heavy breaths.
 
    When he saw no one who could've been a suspect, he tightly grasped his luggage and turned back around, walking as fast as he could out of the airport. The doors of the airport finally closed behind him and through the sunny skies, he tried to look for any taxi, though there was none in sight and the side he stood on actually held somewhat of bad traffic. After a while, a yellow car turned up on the opposite side.
 
    "Could that be mine?" He questioned, but seeing as no one else rushed up to it and he didn't want to delay time even more, he decided it was his for grabs and began to make his way across.
 
    There were so many cars though, so many. He dodged and swerved as many as he could, curving his luggage in the same direction he went. It was difficult, but he could slowly see himself getting closer and when he finally thought he made it, he heard a loud honking sound. Before he had time to react, a car came into contact with his body and the side of him rolled a bit on the car and then onto the ground. His luggage fell from his hands as his body collapsed on the ground. From afar, he could hear some gasps and cries of shock but when his head hit the concrete, all he could hear was the crack of what probably was his skull. His eyes dazed crazily, looking above the sky as he felt a warm liquid run down his face. 
 
    And to make matters worse, the more he steadied his eyes at the sky, he could of swarn he saw what seemed to be a silhouette of a man with wings hover over him from far away. Key could feel his heartbeat slowly slow down to where there only seemed to be one beat.  He coughed as his throat filled with blood, spewing from his mouth. His eyelids descended over his eyes and he knew then, that he had died.
 
****
 
Now Check out the Video I have waiting for you guys if you wanna know the secret on how to get more subscribers to your stories!