Chapter 2: AS LIFE GOES ON

Just Once

 

Chapter 2

 

 

Seven years after…….

 

 

“Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY!!

 

 

“You blow now the candle baby and make a wish!” Dara leans to her daughter.

 

Everyone is cheerfully eyeing Sandy as the child set to blow the seven candles on top of her Princess inspired two layered cake.

 

“Uhm… Ma, can we still wait for a second?”

 

“Huh! But why, baby?”

 

“Because Papa’s not here yet!”

 

“But Sandy I’m not sure if your father will still be co-“

 

“I’m already here!”

 

“PAPA!”

 

Dara and Sandy and everybody’s eyes all turned to a man who carries a big wrapped box with him. His steps are towards them.

 

The crowds around them clap their hands and cheer for the man coming.

 

“Jiyong!” she smiles to Ji as he stops and stands beside her and Sandy.

 

“I made it on time!” Jiyong whispered then gave her a peck on her cheek and turned to Sandy. “You can blow now the candle, young lady!”

 

“Yes Papa!”

 

As soon as Sandy blew the lit of the candle, father and daughter immediately hug and kiss each other.

 

“Happy Birthday Sandy! Jiyong said crumpling Sandy hair after they broke apart. “This is my gift for you.”

 

Sandy eyes’ grow in excitement as she gets the package from Jiyong. “Wow, this is so big and heavy Papa. I can’t wait to open and see this!”

 

 

“You do that later, Sandy.” Jiyong gets something from his suit’s pocket---a small wrapped box. “Here’s another gift for you, this is from your Auntie Sohee.”

 

 

“Really Papa she also sent me a gift? She isn’t coming?” Sandy asks she takes the other box from her father.

 

 

“Yes, she had some work to do. You’ll see her again some other time.”

 

“Oh well, just say my thanks to her Papa.”

 

“Yes, I will. You go around now and entertain your guests, young lady.”

 

“Yes Papa!” with that Sandy steps away from them and happily mingles with other children on the party.

 

 

Their friends come to her and Jiyong.

 

“Welcome back man!” Youngbae exclaimed wearing his grin on his face, taping Jiyong's shoulder.

 

“Yeah, I’m back.” Jiyong plainly replied as he reached for CL’s and other two women.”

 

“Glad to see again, Ji!” CL greeted after Jiyong kissed to her cheeks.

 

“Yes, it’s been a while, Jiyong,” Minzy commented as she was also kissed by him.

 

“And we’re all glad you’re back.” Bom followed as Jiyong reached for her after Minzy.

 

“I’m happy to see you all ladies!” Jiyong greeted back then turned to meet Seungri and Daesung.

 

“What took you so long to come back here, Jiyong?” Seungri said as he extends his arms to hug Jiyong.

 

“You sound as if we don’t see each other regularly, Seungri.” Jiyong answered, hugging back his friend.

 

“Seeing you here is different Jiyong.” Daesung adds as he too embraces Jiyong.

 

“I can’t see any difference at all as long as you’re around. Jiyong replied then looks around until he sets his eyes on the bar in the end corner, “Care to drink with me brothers?”

 

Youngbae walks to Jiyong and puts his arms on his brother’s shoulder, “Whew! So we’re back to each other’s old self again, huh!” Youngbae looks to Seungri and Daesung, “Come now, Seungri, Daei let’s drink with this man who had longed forgotten his land and his family!”

 

“I never forget my family, Youngbae you should know that. “Jiyong stated, as matter of fact.

 

“Well, we’re glad to hear that Ji!” Seungri replied exchanging looks with Daesung, who shrugged his shoulders.

 

CL, Minzy, Bom and she stood still as they watched the four men walk toward the mini bar.

 

“I’m happy to see Jiyong back and able to be with Sandy on this very important day of the child.” CL said looking at her.

 

 

“I think he had promised our daughter about this” she shortly replied, then also look around. “Come on let’s find a table for us, girls.”

 

The girls walk with her as she finds a table for the four of them, opposite where the men are.

 

“How are you and Ji, Dara? I mean---this is the first time I see you and Jiyong together again after a long time.”

 

“Oh, we’re okey. Actually we’re better now than we are before.” She answers Minzy while taking her sit.

 

The other three take their also.

 

“You mean you two are already comfortable with this situation? You two are okey that you are already living a life of your own separately?” Bom curiously asked looking at her straightly.

 

“Yes, definitely. Why?” she gives her a smile. “It’s been seven years now, Bom. I thought you guys have already accepted this situation that we have. I never heard any questions from you about this for so long.”

 

“Well, we just thought that this whole thing is still awkward for you—for us to talk about. But seeing you and Jiyong like that, you both seem at ease now with what you only have.”

 

“Yeah, we’re friends CL, Ji and I remain good friends after we separated. And I can say that we’re really better like this than----we were together as a couple.”

 

“How is Sandy taking this?” CL asked after long moment that she remained silent and just staring at her.

 

“I’ve been—we’re been open to Sandy about our situation,” she answered looking down. “I know she’s still young to understand but we don’t want her either to grow up without letting her know that Jiyong and I are living our lives of our own---and that though it’s different she must learn to accept that her parents are separated.”

 

 

“You’re doing a great job raising her Dara.”

 

“Thank you Bom. Ji is also doing his part. And I’m really glad that even he doesn’t always have much time spend with Sandy he never fails to check on her everyday----for the past seven years.”

 

 

“So your communication didn’t suffer at all?”

 

She turns to Minzy. “We always keep it open, for Sandy. We both love our child so much---she must not feel that she was neglected or not loved at all because of what had happen to us.”

 

 

“You become a very tough woman because of this Dara. I’m proud of you.” CL said sincerely.

 

“That’s so touching, best friend. Oh, I want to cry!” she chuckled.

 

“What you undergo is really something, Dara. Don’t laugh at CL here, I agreed with her for saying that. You’re one great woman!” 

 

“I second the motion!” Bom adds on.

 

That brings out a hearty laugh from all of them.

 

“By the way Dara, you never mentioned to me that you and Jiyong work out with your divorce, are you already or are you really working on that?” CL asks again, sipping her drink.

 

She was taken aback.

 

All eyes freeze on her.

 

“What? You two still don’t work on it yet?” Minzy asks.

 

She nods her head. “Yes—but----yes I think we have to talk about it already. Thanks for putting it on my mind CL.” She smiles a bit.

 

“For seven years that you’ve been separated,” its CL again, trailing off, “and as you had said already contented living you lives of your own, you don’t manage to work or even talk about your divorce-----oh, that is something.”

 

“CL what are you talking?” she asks, quite annoyed.

 

CL grins. “Maybe you two still have plans of reconciling that’s why you-“

 

“Stop it CL!” she cuts her off. Her face turns so serious, “That’s absurd. We can never be together again. It’s already a fact that Jiyong and I had long realized and accepted.”

 

“But how can you be sure Dara? It is still good to open your mind on the possibility that one day you and Jiyong could live together under one roof again. Nothing is still impossible, I guess. Especially that you both have Sandy in you lives.”

 

 

“I don’t want to disappoint you Bom but that would not work on us now. I have my own life, my own career and Sandy with me---Jiyong has his own life, his own business and a new partner in his life. Nothing is left that’s only for us---“she sighed, “and we have moved on…already moving on now, living the best life of our own.”

 

 

“Is Jiyong really with that woman---what’s her name?” Minzy inquired playing the ice on her drink.

 

“Ahn Sohee”

 

“Oh yeah, I remember and I quite know her, so it’s really true--- Jiyong and her?”

 

She shrugs off, “O don’t really know,” she emptied her glass, “We never talk about it. You girls supposed to know it. I guess Jiyong speaks about his relations to your husbands.”

 

“Youngbae never told me anything about Jiyong's relationship with that woman.” Bom states nonchalantly.

 

“We didn’t also talk about it even I kept on asking Daesung.” Minzy seconded.

 

“Well, I don’t really know, but I think that is something that I would not interfere anymore. It’s his life and it doesn’t concern me---and Sandy.”

 

“When I asked Seungri about this woman being in Jiyong's life, he told me that his brother will not be on another relationship unless he is finally done with previous one. So now, I doubted if Jiyong is really with her.”

 

She throws a look to her best friend.

 

“Even he is with her or not CL, I don’t at all care anyway.”

 

“You aren’t sounds bitter, are you?

 

“You’re so annoying CL.” She gives her a smirk.

 

“If I am Jiyong and I am to choose between a goddess and a flirt---Minzy, Bom who do you think would I choose?” CL already in her laughter asked.

 

 

“The goddess I guess,” Minzy and Bom chorused.

 

She gives out a hard laugh, “Give it up CL! I’m not competing with anybody here!”

 

“Oh yes Dara! I forgot! You have longed won this competition even before it started!”

 

Their laughter after that CL’s remark has been loud enough to make their husbands turn their heads and look at them.

 

--------------------

 

kyaaaaa~~~~~

hope you enjoy this   chapter..

omo------ i have a big problem... tsk. tsk. 

 

anywho thanks for the people who read this story...

kamsahamnida. ^o^

 

april 26, 2011

 

-OUT