Chapter 6

Just Once

 

Chapter 6

“Wake up, now baby! Breakfast is ready!” Dara jumps on Sandy bed lie beside her and start tickling her daughter.

“Ma!” Sandy complains in her still sleepy voice and close eyes.

“Get up now baby.” She begins kissing the child. “I baked you your favorite blueberry cheesecake… hmm, yummy, yummy, yummy!”

Sandy slowly opens her eyes, “Really, Ma?”

“Yup!” she answered nodding her head and kissing her again.

Sandy sits up and looks around. “Where’s Papa?”

She jumps out of the bed and walks to the window to open the blinds. “I guess in his mansion.”

 

“I thought he sleep here.” Sandy again says, giving out a big yawn.

“He just sent you to sleep and left at once.”

“Ma?”

“Yes?” she walks back to her. Her eyes wander on her very much Jiyong-like face.

“Can I ---can I sleep in the mansion with Papa this weekend?” Sandy asks hesitantly. Her eyes refuse to meet hers.

“Of course, you can baby.” She answered, cuddling her again. “Just tell your Papa about it in advance. I’m not sure of his schedules and I don’t know when he is leaving.”

 

“Papa told me that he will still stay for the next few months. I guess, that means a lot more weekends to be with him in the mansion, right Ma?”

“A…Sandy, to tell you the truth,” she mumbles, “I don’t really know your father’s plan about his stay here. If he told you that, well I guess you can count on him.” She combs her hair with her fingers.

Sandy takes a deep sigh. “I really hope he’ll never leave us again.”

She was stunned.

Her eyes stare at her waiting to hear something from what she just said.

She felt a knot in her heart.

 

She bends over her and gives her a sound kiss on her cheeks. “Blueberry cheesecake is waiting in the kitchen, baby. Let’s run and check it, common!” she told her giggling then gently pulls the child to get down from the bed.

Sandy eyes easily brighten on the mere mentioned again of the goodies and so she happily walks with her and they both left her room.

 

-------

 

Ding! Dong!

 

“You start with your food baby. I just go and check who’s on the door.”

“Mama, I bet its Papa already!” Sandy eagerly exclaimed as his sight follows her walk towards the door.

“Good Morning!”

“CL?”

“Good Morning!”

“Minzy?”

“Good Morning!”

“Bom?”

All three women exchanged kisses with her.

“I didn’t know that you girls have plan on visiting us, I mean --- this is a surprise, huh!” she smilingly told the three as she let them inside.

Her forehead creased as she looked at the something on their hands.

“WE brought some foods for us, Dara. Where’s my goddaughter?” Bom asks, also with smiles on her face.

 

“Auntie Bom!” Sandy waves her hand on Jenny.

“Oh, there you are Sandy,” Bom walks to Sandy, followed by CL and Minzy. “How are you honey? I bet you’re the happiest child today!”

“Yes I am Auntie CL.” Sandy answered after giving CL a kiss.

“And care to tell us why, Sandy?” Minzy asked after Sandy reached for her kiss.

“Is it because of your Mama and Papa, baby? Bom followed up that makes Dara to softly laugh. Minzy was also kissed by Sandy.

“I guess I knew now, why you girls are here,” she said screwing her brows at the 3 woman.

“I’m not asking for your opinion Dara.” CL told her that brought out laughter from Minzy and Bom. “We’re asking Sandy here. Come on baby; tell us why you’re the happiest child today?”

 

Sandy looked at her.

She just smiles at her son, crosses her arms on her and shakes her head. She is really sure now what these women are up to. “It’s okey baby. Tell them why you’re happy today.”

“Uhm, I’m happy today because Mama bakes me my favorite cake.” Sandy gladly answered.

“That’s it?” the three women chorused. All faces are in dismay after they heard Sandy answer.

“Is it not because your Papa and Mama are reconciled already? CL asked again.

She burst out into laughter.

 

Sandy scratched her head and confusingly looks the three then turn to look at her again. “Mama, what are they saying?”

She sits beside Sandy and hugs her. “Don’t mind them baby. They’re just joking on us.”

Bom walks to their rooms. “Jiyong! Jiyong!”

“Bom what are you doing?” she yelled back, now really astonish on what her best friend is doing.

“I know Jiyong is here, don’t stop me. I’d like to see him!”

“Goodness, you’re all crazy woman!”

Minzy and CL laughter are heard again.

“Jiyong! Jiyong! You get out here! Don’t make me wait or I’ll have your head!” Bom calling out as she scans every room and corner of their house.“Ma? Isn’t Papa in his mansion? He is not with us here right?” Sandy whispered to her as her eyes followed Bom.

Both CL and Minzy look at them.

“They thought he’d spent the night with us.” She answered looking at the two.

“But that’s impossible, isn’t Ma?”

 

“Yes baby because he has his own mansion to sleep at.” She said as a matter of fact Sandy and to CL and Minzy.

“You mean---Dara? You and Jiyong are not really together again yet?” CL inquired, staring at her thoroughly.

“Yes, nope.” She answered nodding her head.

“But we thought----what happen last night is for real. I mean that…you and Jiyong have finally settled your situation and now back at each other’s arms again.” 

“”Well, I think,” she shifts look from CL to Minzy then back to CL again, “that’s one thing you should not think that way. It’s far from reality guys.”

 

“And what do you mean by that Dara?” Bom sharply questioned, now already standing in front of them.

“Ma, can I continue my eating while watching the tv?”

She let go her. “Okey baby.” She tenderly told her then sent her a look as Sandy walks towards the television.

CL, Minzy, and Bom take their sits and all seriously set their eyes on her.

“What‘s really happening between you and Jiyong, Dara? CL initially asks.

“Yes, that’s the right question I’m also thinking to ask you, Dara. Better give us a good answer or else I’ll really have Jiyong head now.”

She stands up but stopped by Bom when she tries to make her step.

“Bom? I’ll just get some plates for you, will you let me go?” she informs her, controlling a smile.

Bom let go of her arm.

She walks to the kitchen cabinet get some plates and utensils from it then returns to table with the three women whose stares never left her.

“What do you brought here?” she asks while unwrap the food box on the table. “Wow, Maki and Sushi! I love these guys!” she gets some, places it on her plate and begins munching.

 

“Dara, don’t show us that “there’s-nothing-to-explain” attitude of yours, we’re not buying it!”

She stops in the middle of her bites, “But Bom, I don’t really think that there’s something here to explain about. Jiyong and I are not back with each other. We are what we are for the past seven years. The reconciliation that you all kept on saying is but only a hallucination!” she looks at them, one by one.

“And how will you explain to us what we saw last night?” Minzy giving her a stare, “You and Jiyong just made a fool out of everyone there?”

 

“Oh,Minzy it’s not that-“she had looked down.

CL touches her hand, “It’s alright, Dara. We know that we just make things harder for you. We’re just so happy for you and Jiyong that we thought what happen last night is something we should be celebrating.”

She looks up to give them a timid smile. “I know I disappoint you guys but, “she lets out a deep sigh, “I think Jiyong and I will never be like we are before---a happily couple like you and your husbands. We both already accepted that fact and we are happy and contended about how we are today.”

 

“But Jiyong, his actions tell us the other way!” Again, Bom reasoned out.

She continues with her bites, “If I believe in everything Jiyong does and always makes meaning out of it---maybe I had longed suffered from severe depression or might have gone in the mental institute.”

All three lovely faces are astounded as she looked at them.

She chuckles. “Look, guys---Jiyong will always be Jiyong. He’s stubborn, hard-to-express-his-self and full of pride man, sometimes it’s really difficult understanding his ways, but nevertheless” her face all of a sudden turned solemn, “I still learned to love him as he is…and I had mastered now how not to be hurt of that way of him also.”

 

“Dara…” CL, Minzy and Bom all reach for her.

“Oh, I’m fine!” she managed a smile again, “These things don’t affect me now, really, I swear!” she raised her one hand in front of them.

Minzy shakes her head, smiling. “I really can’t believe you’re like that, Dara. You’re braver than Bom now!”

Bom gives out laughter, “Yes, she is Minzy, Youngbae had said that before.”

“Well, I guess who wouldn’t be brave and strong when you’ll be with our husbands. Those guys are all strength draining and mind torturing species of men!”

“Oh let’s eat to that, CL!” Minzy seconded then hand them a plate.

“Hey! Where are your children?” she asked as the three starts their bites to eat.

“Mine’s with their Grandmother spending time with her before she left back to Korea.” It’s Bom.

“I thought Auntie Feng has already left.”

“No, not yet because she can’t get enough of the two kids and she had cancelled her trip for two times already. “

“Oh that’s so nice to hear, Bom. My only girl is with Seungri, he brought her in the carnival as he had promised her half a year ago.” CL stated smiling. “Seungri been busy with the business, I’m glad that he’s taking rest this time.”

“My only boy is with his father. Father and son go girl hunting!” Minzy said jokingly.

“Oh! I can’t believe you can say that Minzy!” she said then all four women giggle for that remarks of Minzy.

“Mama!” Sandy yelled out from where is sitting.

She immediately stands up, “Yes, baby? Any problem?” she steps towards him.

“Auntie Sohee is on TV! They’re taking about Papa!”

 

That made all four of them rush to Jamie.

A medium tall, eye-wearing woman is on the camera and is being interviewed. From how they are seeing it, the woman who stands beside another woman has just come out from the arrival area of their airport.

“What is she doing here?” asks Bom whose eyes like everyone is firmly focused on the screen of the television.

“Why has this kind of welcome that she has to be interviewed?”

“It’s a press con Minzy.” CL replied. “Is she up or something, girl?” 

“Quiet ladies,” Bom cuts is, “Let’s hear what she’ll gonna say.”

(The network channel’s reporter is heard talking on the background while the camera is focusing on Sohee.)

 

“Good Morning! We are here at the arrival area of Ninoy Aquino International Airport to be with the long lost but still well-loved model, Ahn Sohee who had just arrive minutes ago. Sohee, as we all know brings pride to our country while she is in Hong Kong for being one of the most sought-after-top models gracing different countries all over the world. But what made her more controversial is her much talked about two-year love affair with our very own well-known businessman, Kwon Jiyong who also happens to be married with equally famous Dara Park for so long now.

 

Whew! That was a very much conflicted yet I know very hot topic to talk about. So before we all gone crazy thinking those what I have said---let’s listen now to Ms. Ahn Sohee on this press conference of hers.”

(The audio and video now is on Ahn Sohee.)

 

Reporter 1: Ms. Ahn Sohee, how are you today?

Sohee (smiling widely, adjusting her eyeglass): Oh, I’m fine. That’s so sweet of you to ask that, thank you.

 

Reporter 1 (again): we are all surprised of your sudden arrival Ms. Sohee. Are you here in the country to do some modeling stints or do you have some other reasons like following your boyfriend Jiyong who had came back here a week ago?

 

Sohee (whose face is quite surprise): Oh, really Jiyong here in Philippines? (She softly laughs) I didn’t know that he is here.

 

Murmuring is heard from the crowds.

 

Reporter 2: Mr. Kwon attended his wife, Dara Park's anniversary concert last night and according to some sources his attendance on the said show confirms that the strange couple is now back on each other’s lives. How would you react on this, Ms. Sohee?

 

SOhee: Oh…( for a second is left opened) Does Jiyong say something about it already?

 

Most of the crowds shake their heads.

 

Reporter 2 (again): we haven’t had a chance to interview him after the concert.

 

SOhee (smiling again): Then I guess don’t need to say anything about it also.

 

Reporter 3: Are you saying Ms. Sohee that you don’t believe about the possible reconciliation of Mr. Jiyong and Ms. Dara?

 

Sohee (brows slightly screw up): I’m here for some reason that would only concern me and a friend. Pardon me, but I don’t want to talk about other people’s business. (She glanced at the woman she’s with when she arrives)

 

Reporter 4: Is that friend you are talking about is Mr. Kwon?

 

Sohee (laughs loud): You guys really know to tease me huh!

 

Reporter 5: Is that a yes, Ms. Sohee?

 

SOhee (eyes wander on the crowd): I’ll have no comment on that.

 

The crowd loud cried out is heard.

 

Reporter 6: Can you just be honest to us Ms. Sohee? Are you really here for your boyfriend Mr. Kwon?

 

SOhee (who again made a quick glance to the woman gives out a sigh): Okey! I’ll stop playing with you guys. (She paused for a moment. The whole crowd attentively waits for her to go on.) Jiyong and I really talked about his coming back here. He said that he will just be with her daughter then he’ll fly back again to Hong Kong after one day. It’s been a week now and yet he still not returned so I thought of coming over to see him since my agent had also signed some modeling activities here for me.

 

(The crowd’s murmuring becomes louder.)

 

Reporter 7: Where will you be staying here, with Mr. Kwon on his mansion?

 

SOhee: Why would I do that? I still own a condo unit here. Although (her eyes flicked) that sounds interesting…(she lets a laugh again) Oh, I’m just kidding. Please don’t quote me here!

 

Reporter 8: Are you not bothered to come face to face with Dara Park, Jiyong's legal wife?

 

SOhee (keeping her smile): Oh, I’ll just be here for a very few days and I don’t think that during that small times I would be able to see other people than Jiyong and my colleagues.

 

Reporter 9: How bout if consequences made you to see Ms. Dara Park, would you say hi to her?

 

Sohee (adjusts her eyeglass again): Why not, I’m a friendly person. It’s so easy for me to greet anybody.

 

Reporter 10: You will initiate the greeting?

 

SOhee: Yes, though I know I won’t be greeted back. (Smiles a bit.)

 

Reporter 11: How’s your relationship with Mr. Kwon going on right now?

 

SOhee (face brightens): Oh, I thought you’ll not gonna ask that? Anyway, it’s a good and it won’t be long then it would be better than it is today.

 

Reporter 12: Why are you saying that? Do we need to know of something, Ms. Sohee?

 

Sohee (laughs again): You really do know to read my mind!

 

Reporter 13: Care to tell us what is that phrases all about Ms. SOhee? Common, please don’t keep us hand here.

 

Sohee (shaking her head): Yeah, I know I really can’t keep anything from you guys so why should I bother hiding this from you. Well, (she paused) the other reason of Jiyong return here is to settle his marriage legally.

 

(Louder noise is heard from the crowd)

 

Reporter 14: And what do you mean by that, Ms. Sohee? Are you saying that Mr. Kwon will now file a divorce against Ms. Dara Park?

 

Sohee (fixing her eyes on that particular reporter): If that’s what you meant by a legal settlement, then I guess it is.

 

The television screen went out!

 

Bom throws the remote after shutting it off! “Damn that woman! Who gave her the right to say that? Wait till I came face to face with her then she’ll get what deserve from me!”

“Who does she think she really is, huh? How could she have a heart to ruin a family?” Minzy softly uttered in disbelief of what they just saw and heard.

“Well, I just can’t believe how she has a nerve to come here. I pity her that she still needs to do things like these just to catch an attention.” CL stated shaking her head.

“I will look for her! I will see h-“

“Bom!” At last, a word came out from her.

 

All three pairs of eyes plus her daughter looked at her.

 

They were all taken aback to see her paled face.

“Dara…” Bom reaches for her. “Are you alright?”

They let her sat beside Sandy.

She slowly nods her head. “Of course…please don’t mind me.” She looked down.

“Mama…” Sandy wrapped her little arms around her body.

She turns to Sandy, hugs her, cuddles her and it didn’t take a minute that she begins crying at her.

__________________

sorry for not updating this story

been busy this past few days due to my college enrollment.. kekeke

don't worry I won't abandon this story.. ^^