Chapter 13: In sickness and In health

Just Once

Chapter 13

 

As soon as she entered the backstage room after a live performance she did for the night variety show, Dara smile immediately vanished. Despite of the laughing and giggling she shared with the cast and crew of the show, she is really not happy. She is still in misery of what had happen during their lunch. And what’s breaking her heart most is to see Sandy’s misty eyes earlier as she watched her and Jiyong fight.My poor young girl….she loudly whispered as she thought of her…she doesn’t deserve any of what’s happening between her and Jiyong.She takes a sit as her thoughts run thinking of her daughter…their baby…hers and Jiyong…-------She changed clothes, cleaned her face from her makeup, pick up her things and get her self out the room after some time of thinking.She had instructed Brooke to wait for her in the parking so her steps are going in there.

 

She is already to open the door to exit the studio when she bumps with Jaejoong.

“You’re leaving?” Jaejoong asks, looking straight at her “tears gone” eyes.

“Something wrong, Dara?” She immediately shakes her head.

“None, I’m just tired. I need to be home now. I’ll go ahead.” She proceeds with her steps outside at quick pace.Jaejoong almost runs to walk with her.

“You have your car with you? I’ll drive you home.”

“Brooke picked me up from the townhouse. I didn’t bring mine. She’ll also send me back.”

“You sure you’re okey, sweetie?” Jaejoong made her stop by holding her on her both shoulders.

“I’m exhausted, Jae.” She pleads,giving him a ‘please-let-me-be-myself-only” look.

“Dara!”They both turn to Brooke as they saw her coming towards them.

“Dara, Sandy’s on the phone. She’s been crying as she insists talking to you.” Brooke gives her the phone that she immediately and panicky grabs from her.

“Baby?-------Yes, Mama’s here, honey…--------Why are you crying, Sandy, tell Mama please….---------------------------------------What?----------------------Oh, don’t cry too hard baby, he’ll be fine…Your Papa will be fine, honey.--------------------------------------------------------------------No, baby. No…Shhh, stop crying baby. It won’t happen of course. No, honey…-----------------------------Where is he?-----------------Okey, who’s there with you, Sandy?----------Can I speak with Butler Lu, baby?---------------------(handling of phone to another person is heard) what really happen to your Young Master, Butler Lu?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Why is he so stubborn not to send his self to the hospital? ---------------------------------Then you should call the doctors perhaps, you know what to do at this time butler! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Okey! Please give the phone back to my daughter (the phone is being given back to child) Sandy?----------------Be a brave girl, honey-------------------Your Papa will gonna be fine I promise.-----------------------Yes, of course baby.------------------------Yes, I promise. Stop crying now, please.--------------------------------------------------------------------------Yes. Yes. He’ll be fine.-----------------------------------Okey, wait for me there. I’ll be there baby. Stop crying now.------------------------------------------Okey, I love you too Sandy, you’re a brave girl okey! Wait for me. Bye!”She lets out a deep sigh after she hung up.

“Brooke, please drop me off the Jiyong mansion.” She told her PA just glancing at her as she rushed to their car.

“Why, what happen to Mr. Kwon?” Jaejoong asks as he walks with them.

“His stomach illness is acting up again.”

“That serious? I mean---Sandy’s crying...”

“I don’t know! How am I supposed to know, I’m still here with you and Brooke.”

“Dara?”

“Jaejoong,”she held her hands in the air,

“I’m sorry. I’m really not in the mood to explain things. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye!”

With that she entered the passenger seat of the car and waited for Brooke to hop in it to drive.

-------

Except for the three maids roaming around the mansion as she steps inside of the big house, all other households are still on their places. Nobody is in panic, so she concludes that what ever is happening to Jiyong is still manageable.

“Good evening, Young Lady Dara. “Butler Lu greets her as he meet her halfway the Jiyong grand staircase. 

 

“Good evening, Butler Lu. Where’s my daughter?”

“The Young master and the little Young Princess are both at the master’s bedroom.”

“Have you called a doctor for your Young Master?” she continues asking as they walked towards the master’s bedroom.

“No, we haven’t, Young Lady. “

“What?” Again her voice raises a pitch like he talked to him earlier because of their indecision to call medical help for Jiyong. She has stopped from her pace to look at the Butler who immediately lowered his head at her.

“Forgive me for not following your words Young Lady, b-but the Young Master has also insisted not to call for anyone of the family’s doctor because he said he doesn’t need them. According to him he has a medicine for his stomach and he will just take it and wait for its effect then he’ll be healed after.” Butler Lu reasons out at his modest tone.

“Your Young Master is really an idiot!” She yelled and proceeds with her steps towards the father and daughter.Butler Lu just lowered more his head as he follows her.She quickly opens the door of the room as soon as she reached it and called for her daughter.

“Sandy!”

“Ma!”Sandy instantly jumps out of the bed where she saw her sitting beside her laying father. The child is still with tears in her eyes. And she cries louder again as she carries and hugs her.

“Mama! Papa’s hurting…he’s in pain…I saw him holding on his stomach and gone pale. Mama, I’m afraid. I’m afraid!” Sandy cries out in between her hard crying.

“Shhh, baby...stop crying now. Nothing will happen to your Papa, okey, baby. Don’t be afraid. You’re a brave girl, isn’t?” She gives her kisses and hugs her tighter to stop her crying. But the child doesn’t stop a bit. Dara knows that she’s really afraid.

“Sandy, young lady…” It’s Jiyong, in his almost a whisper voice as she saw him tries to move and open his eyes and look at them.

“Don’t give your mother a hard time. Stop crying, princess. I’ll be okey.”She walks to Jiyong carrying Sandy with her. 

“How come you know that you’re already sick but yet still so stubborn to get some help. Are you really thinking straight here, Jiyong? You’re worrying your daughter!” She said in irritation after examining him and now sure that he’s really feeling something wrong. 

“I already take my medicine. This is nothing serious. I’m just waiting for more minutes and the medicine will take effect. You, calm our daughter. Don’t mind me.” He told her, closing his eyes.

“How could you say you’re okey, if we’re seeing you like that? Ji, for once can stop your stubbornness and listen to us. I’ll send you to the hospital!” She turns to look for Butler who remains standing at the door. “Tell the driver to ready the car, please.”She puts down Sandy beside Jiyong.

“You stay beside your Papa, baby. I’ll just get some things of him from his cabinets. We’ll bring him to the doctor, ok. Stop crying, now.” She was about to take her steps to the cabinet when Jiyong reaches for her arm. His opened eyes softly laid to her.

“Dara…” he calls. Making her to stop and look back at him.

“I’m okey. Really, I am. I don’t want you both to panic, you and Sandy. This is just one of those normal aches I am used to have. This is really not serious.”

“But Ji, I don’t want either to take chances, what if-“

 

“Dara,please..” Jiyong said cutting her off then gently pulls her and make her sit beside him, just like Sandy.

“Believe me. I’ll tell you when I have to see my doctor.”She keeps still. She takes her eyes from him.Oh, how could she have overreacted, she asks her self. Of course, Jiyong is really not that insane to put his life at stake. Why would he not consult his physician if he knows his life with be in danger? He is still in his right mind and he can still think well enough to decide on what to do at times like these. Without much thinking, she has cursed herself for being that affected. So silly that she had forgotten that they are not in good speaking terms. And that she is cursing him as well.

“Dara…” he tightens his hold in to her. That’s when she feels his cold hand on her skin. 

“J-Ji y-you’re cold!”Abruptly she leans over him, feels his forehead with her one hand, touches his neck, his arms, his face---now again in panic, as Jiyong sees it in her eyes.

“Sweetheart, I’m okey.” He holds her hand touching his face. His eyes wander on her as she is closely leaning at him. Half of her body is almost touching his and his masculine scent has already reaches her sense of smell.

“You send our daughter to sleep then have your rest also. I’ll be fine here, I promise.”Jiyong didn’t hear anything from her----she was tongue-tied again.She moves away from him and takes her sight from his face.Her hand remains on his hold.Then she felt James slowly brings her hand to his lips and kiss it.

“I’m sorry that I had worried you both like that. I promise to take care much of my self so this will not happen anymore.”

“A-are you skipping your meals again?” she asks hesitantly--- trying to hold back all her concerns for him, but again failed.Jiyong didn’t give her an answer.She stands up but Jiyong doesn’t let go of her.

“I’ll prepare you a soup. I think its better that you have something warm for your stomach.”Jiyong let go of her hand.She turns to Sandy who already stopped from her crying.

“Take care of your Papa, baby. I’ll just prepare something for him, okey?” She leans to kiss her daughter.

“Yes, Mama.” Sandy answered, nodding.

“But Mama, can we sleep beside Papa just for tonight. We really have to watch him, I guess.”

“I’ll prepare first his soup, baby. You also want some?” She asks not giving a direct answer of Sandy’s request.

“No, I want my milk now, Mama.”She wrinkled her nose and with a smile straightens up to stand.

“Okey! A warm soup for the Young Master and hot milk for the little Young Princess, coming up!”Sandy now giggles looking at her.

“Thank you, Mama!”Jiyong face shows a smile, his eyes already glitters with joy.

“Thank you, my Lady.”She just shows them a screwed brow and shaking her head proceeds to the door followed by Butler Lu.Jiyong again closes his eye in pain of what he’s suffering as Sandy lay beside him, putting her little arms around him.

 
ooooooooooOooooooooo
I think I'm sleepy???
well goodnight guys!!!
see you tomorrow!! *wiggle**wiggle*