Chapter 10: To have you back

Just Once

 

Chapter 10:

 

Jiyong sits down on the edge of their brass bed and though she is not looking at him, she knows his eyes are following her.

 

“I didn’t know that you’ll be arriving tonight. I thought you told me that you’ll be in Hong Kong till tomorrow mid day.” She said as she scans her wardrobe. 

 

“I can change plans whenever I wanted to.”

 

“Well, I’m just asking…” she pulls a black nigh ties and begins dressing.

 

“Dad and Mom’s anniversary will be next week. They are expecting us to fly to Australia early this week. I already confirmed with it. I’m booking our flight tomorrow.”“Ha? Wait, I-I mean-“she walks towards Jiyong while still slipping her body on the night gown.

 

Jiyong eyes left her almost body. “What is there again to reason out, Mrs. Kwon?” he stands up and proceeds to get his self a drink from the personal fringe near the side table.

 

“Ji I-I still have a commitment to attend to this Friday. Can I just follow you and Sandy after?” she gets the towel to dry her hair.

 

“Did I really not have the right here to decide for what I want for this family?” Jiyong gulps his beer.

 

“Ji it’s not that…” she ily walks towards him. She clung her both arms around his neck and pressed her body against his and searched for his eyes and lips, “I just have a contract signed that requires me to be in this commitment.” She tastes the beer left on Jiyong mouth as she slips her tongue inside his.

 

Jiyong held her slim body and pulled himself from her.

 

“You know that I could buy that damned contract if I like to!” he cried out then continues to his drinking.

 

“Here we go again Ji…” she said in dismay and sat on the bed and looked down.

 

Jiyong walks towards the ceiling to floor window and takes a sight outside.

 

“I’m already tired if this whole mess Dara.”

 

She heard him uttered, in almost as desperate voice also.

 

“So---what do you want us to do?” she asked finally after some moments of deafening silence.

 

“Goddamit, Dara! Why do you hell ask if you know what I WANT YOU TO DO!” he faced her.

 

She stands up and meets his glare. “Why can’t you really understand me here, Ji? I thought I already made myself clear with you that I have no plans quitting from this career even if I agreed marrying you. Don’t you remember that? You even promised me that you will support me here, Ji? Why do we now have to argue on this? Can we not stop discussing these things and live a peaceful life?”

 

“Quit from that damn career then we’ll continue to live together!”

 

“So…you’re threatening me now Ji?” her eyes turned misty.

 

“Look Dara –“his voice calms a bit.

 

“You want us to go separate Ji just because I did not want to follow you?” she choked a sob.

 

Jiyong crossed the distance between them and held her.

 

“I never ask you of anything, Dara… please just this one.”

 

“I worked hard to achieve this, Ji. The happiness I found in doing this is just the same happiness of having you and Sandy in my life. I am also begging you Ji…do not make me stop from having this career. I know I can still be a good wife and mother to our daughter even if I’m not all the time inside this house. You are no less important to me just because I have my other source of life. Ji I don’t want us to go through this hard time, please…please try to understand me.”

 

They eyes locked and both read each other’s soul.

 

“Ji, I’m begging you…”

 

She felt Jiyong's grip on her arms loosens.

 

“Ji…” Tears flow down from her both eyes. Her shoulders begin to shake.

 

“I-I’m sorry Dara… I can’t anymore go on with this.” He let go of her and turns his back.

 

Jiyong walks out to their door.

 

Jiyong steps out of her life….But before he finally went out, she runs to him and embraces his back.

“O-okey Ji…I’ll quit now. I’ll give up my career…just… just don’t think of running away from me please…I can’t live without you…I can’t Ji…” she cried.She hugs to him tightly and closes her eyes, really never wanting to let him go…

-------When she opens her eyes again----it is only then she realized that it was just a dream…a dream of what had happen to her and Jiyong years ago…but in this she had beg him to stay.She sits on her bed.

 

Dara's POV:

 

What’s really happening now with our life Ji?I know we are both trying hard to keep this family but then why do we have to always end up here… both on the losing end. Is it really my fault that I have not fought back for our marriage to stay? Is it really my fault that I had not given in to what you really like me to do…is it really me who is just too stubborn to listen to you before? Am I really that stupid to just have let you go? But if only I didn’t see those pains in your eyes from your frustrations in our relationship… Maybe I had not let go of you, Ji…Maybe I had beg you to stay…but I realized that holding you back in my arms would only mean more hurting for the both of us and so I had set you free…Oh, Ji…am I really wrong on not fighting for our love?

 

 

No One's POV:

 

“Youngbae!”Slowly the called man raises his head from his writing and surprisingly looks at his brother who has just comes out from the opened door.“Ji! What brought you here in my castle, buddy?”Youngbae rises from his sit and pats Jiyong's shoulder as he reaches for him and points to him the chair beside his table where he is writing. “Have a sit man.”

 

“I came here to ask some favor from you Bae.”

“Favor? From me? “Youngbae returns to his swivel chair.

“What favor? Anything from you buddy, I’ll be of help. But just make sure that this one would not involve women, I already graduated from it---you know what I mean?”

“I want to talk to Sohee.” He said nonchalantly.Brows wrinkled, Youngbae leans to Jiyong.

“And what the hell I’ll gonna do for you if you want to do it, huh?”

“Accompany me to see her in her unit.”“What? And why do you need to still see her there? Can you not just see her somewhere if you want to talk to her? I mean, Ji, you know that Dara is in the verge of her anger on that woman and yet you do manage to think of coming over her place. Hey, are you really serious of winning back your family or not?”

“Of course I am serious about bring back my family with me Bae that’s why I thought of talking first to Sohee and make her stop in creating these scenes of her.”

Youngbae crosses his arms on chest and asks seriously, “Who is really that woman in your life, Ji? Be honest to me. “ 

Jiyong looks at his eyes for a moment then glances away after. “She’d been one of those women I had when I went to Hong Kong.”“I thought you frankly told us the she is not your girlfriend.”

“Yes because she is not…you know our ways regarding them, Bae. A girlfriend is different from a f-fling…”Youngbae shakes his head. “Yeah, I got the logic. Then why didn’t you first settle her before you come up here. She’s been annoying Ji and I won’t blame Dara if she doesn’t choose to have you back, man.”Jiyong gives out a sigh, “I already talk to Sohee, Bae. I thought she has understood.”Youngbae lets out a silly smile, “Oh, yeah she’d understand and she realized that he had fallen in love with you and won’t just give up. Well, what would I expect, I think that woman has a character and I also think that you can’t just dump her like that, bro.”“She is not in love with me, Bae. I know from the very start that there’s no feelings involve in what we had. It’s a just a mere satisfaction of our needs.”

 

“Then why can’t she let go of you if from the very start you both know what kind of relationship you had.”Jiyong again lets out a deep sigh, “It’s only later that I found out something.”

“Huh?”Youngbae exclaimed in shock.

“What are you talking about?He stands up from his seat, “Come now with me. I’ll tell it to you in the car.”

But Youngbae remains on his seat, uneasy “But man, why can’t you just talk to her alone? Don’t drag me there, buddy. Bom warns me to not even look at that woman and now she will finds out that I went to her place….whaaaaa! Bommie may have my head for this man!”

He stands straight, “You know why I want you to accompany me on seeing her? It’s because I don’t want either for Dara to again have a misinterpretation on this if ever she finds out that I went to her place. So help me here now, Bae. I really have to talk to Sohee.”

“Why don’t you just meet her somewhere?”

“The media is everywhere she is Bae!”

“O yeah, she’s getting their attention too much because she involves her self in what is supposed to be you and Dara moment.”

“I don’t want to think it that way but yes, I think that’s how it is going on right now. And she and her manager friend are getting much from me.”Youngbae stands from his chair.

“Okey. Okey I’ll help you on this but what if this action leaks to the media…I mean what if we are caught visiting her in her place? Goodness! Gracious! Jiyong, don’t drag me in a scandal like this man!”

“Come on. Let’s hope that it won’t happen!”

“Can’t you just phone her?” They’ve already exiting the room."I have to talk to her in straight face, Bae.”

“Why didn’t you talk to her yesterday when she visited you? We gave you your time with her when we left you two, didn’t we?”

“Because I’m not still sure of what I found out but now that I’m already certain of it. I’ll use this for her to stop and leave.

”“So after you spent some good time with her buddy, you’ll gonna blackmail her, huh? Some kind of you Ji?”

“Don’t add up on my guilt, Bae! I swear I hate doing this but they have pushed me now to do it.“

 

Youngbae stops from his pace and seriously stares at him. “I really hope for the best for you and Dara, man. Wish this is really the right way to do it, buddy.”

He also stops and meets Youngbae’s eyes. “I’ll do everything to win back my family, Bae even if I have to gamble for it.”

Youngbae takes his look from him then walks with Jiyong again.

 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

 

cheodongg.... 

And I'm sleepyy so Goodmornight everbody!