Chapter 12 : A PRELUDE TO RECONCILIATION OR SEPARATION?

Just Once

 

Chapter 12

 

“Papa? Are these flowers for Mama?”Jiyong takes a quick glance at her daughter and smiles to her,

“Of course, young lady. I know you’ll be upset if its not, isn’t it?”Sandy gives him the same smile like he has, “Uhmm…uhuh, because I want Mama to only get these flowers from you.”

“Well,“Jiyong looks back to road they’re taking. He is driving her home from her school.

“To tell you the truth, princess I haven’t done this for a long time, now. And the last woman I have given flowers is really your mother.”

“Wow, that’s sounds alright Papa. Mama will be glad to receive these from you.” Sandy gladly says as he scans the beautiful bouquet of flowers in between them.“You think so?” 

“Yup!” Sandy answered looking back to Jiyong.Jiyong reaches for her daughter and rumples her hair.

“You really know how to support your father, young lady!” He told her smiling up to his eyes.

“I just want us all to be happy Papa.”

 

“I also wanted that to happen, princess.” Both of them lock eyes and are lost in their deep silence for a moment.

“Papa, are going to invite Mama for lunch?” Sandy has asks again first, cheerfulness still in his eyes as he mentioned his mother.

“I doubt if you’re mother has already risen from her bed. She came home late from her work. I’m positive that she wouldn’t join us if we eat out.” He answered, only giving him a quick glance.Jiyong instantly saw Sandy’s face saddens.

“But don’t worry, young lady. We will still eat our lunch with her. I already gave orders to Butler Lu to cook and send food in the townhouse so we could feast on something. With that maybe, we can drag then your mother to join us.”Quickly, Sandy’s face brightens back.

“Yipeee! That’s means a lot food Papa, isn’t it? Did the butler cook all my favorite foods, Papa?” He nods, “Yes. I specifically told him not to forget them.”

“Wow! You’re so really kind Papa!” Sandy’s eyes even grew bigger in delight of what Jiyong had said.

“I also instructed them to cook for your Mama’s favorite food.” He adds on.

“Really Papa? Oh, for sure now Mama will give you a kiss for that!”

“That’s a good idea, young lady. Remind me to ask for it when your Mama forgets it.” He said, chuckling.

“Okey, Pa!” Sandy gives Jiyong a cute smile.

-------

“Dara, I’ll be going now. My manager has turned into madman already for waiting for me. “She comes out from the kitchen. She saw Jaejoong turns off the television, picks up his jacket and walks to the door.She takes off first the apron around her body and follows Jaejoong as he steps outside.

“Thanks for the snack and the couch.” Jaejoong leans to kiss her cheek.

“I got a good nap on there.” He said smiling.

“Will I see you tonight? I’ll be in Banana Split show.” She asks him as he steps towards his car.

“Yes. I’ll be-”Jaejoong was cut off from his words when the black Jaguar stops right in front of them.

‘Y-you have a visitor, Dara…” he said, uneasy as they watched the car’s door opens and from it steps down a man and a young girl. She knew that Jaejoong has recognized to whom the vehicle belongs.

“Mama!” Sandy shouted out as she runs to hug her.

“Baby!” She hugs her back as soon as her little arms envelop her body.

“Mama, Papa has a surprise for you!” Sandy excitedly tells her as he let go from her embrace.

“You say hello first to your Uncle Jaejoong, baby.” She urges Sandy, fixing her eyes to Jaejoong ignoring the sharp looks from Jiyong.She already saw his stiffened face as he gets down from the Jaguar but tries to put her attention towards Sandy, giving her sunniest smile while not minding Jiyong's presence at all.

“Hi! Uncle Jae!” Sandy greeted as she also gives Jaejoong a wide smile.

“Hello, kiddo!” Jaejoong greeted back, crumpling Sandy’s hair.

“How’s your schooling today?”

“I passed all my exams, Uncle Jae. With that, Papa promised to give me a new cell phone, the latest one!”

“That’s cool kiddo! I’m glad to hear that you are studying well. You make your Mama happy about it.”

“I’m good girl, Uncle!”

“Yeah, you are! Give me five for that!”Jaejoong and Sandy clasp their hands.That’s when Jiyong coughing is heard and a sharper look lay on Jaejoong.

“I have to go now, Sandy. See you some other time, kiddo!” Jaejoong said sensing the awkwardness of the situation between him and Jiyong.

“Aren’t you going to join us for lunch, Uncle? Papa asked our butler in the mansion to cook and send foods here. There will be a lot of it coming. You will be delighted too I’m sure!”Sandy went on as her face beams on what she is talking about.Jaejoong again smiles to her,

“It s my honor to join you and your family in your banquet Little Young Princess but I’m afraid I might lose my job if within ten minutes I won’t show up in front of my manager, maybe next time Sandy I’ll accept your invitation.” Sandy shrugs off.

“Okey goodbye then, Uncle.”

“Goodbye, kiddo! I think your Mama has cooked also something for you, better taste it also or you’ll break her heart, Sandy.’” Jaejoong rumpled again Sandy’s hair, shots a quick look at Dara, looks at Jiyong who keeps his stares at him then moves to step inside his car.

“Bye! Uncle!” With that Jaejoong left them as his car speeds away.Dara holds Sandy in her arm and steps inside the house.

“Wait Mama! Papa has something for you!” Sandy cries out tugging holding to her arm.She looks down to her daughter.

“Look at him, Mama…”Slowly, with a frowned face she looks at Jiyong. She already saw them, the flowers in his arms, but how could you appreciate such thing coming from him whose expression is also as disgusting as her. Jiyong remains on his feet, giving her a stare.

“Pa?” Sandy left Dara’s side and tugs Jiyong shirt to pull him towards her.

“Stop insisting things here, Sandy.” She turns her back to them,

“I’m doing somethi-”

“Ma, please!” Sandy holds her one arm.Now the child is pulling both of them. On his left hand is Jiyong hand while on his right is hers.They look down at her at the same.They both see the sincerity and persistence in her eyes to settle things between them together.

“For you, Mrs. Kwon…” Jiyong says gazing at her, holding her the flowers.Her hands don’t move to get it. She just looks at them.

“Ma…” Sandy exclaims, insisting.So she gets the flowers from her. Those are the most beautiful ones she again had from Jiyong.She takes it and smell admiringly.

“They are beautiful, Mama aren’t they?” Sandy asks, smiling as she looks at her.

“And they are beautiful just like you.”She blushed as chuckles. She reaches down and gives Sandy a sound kiss on her cheek.

“You know now how to make me blush, Sandy. Anyway, thanks for these flowers, very lovely, baby!“

“But Ma!” Sandy looks up to Jiyong, “they’re from Papa and not from me.”She stands up,

“Well thank him then, for me Sandy Kwon.” And with that she continues her steps inside the house leaving a girl scratching her head and a man who just lets out a sigh as his eyes follow her. 

-------

 

“Pa!” Sandy leans forward to her father and has called his name like almost a whisper.Two of them are now seating in the dining table, in front them are different foods that are all tempting to taste yet the two of them haven’t started yet for they can’t decide which are they’re going to eat first.

“Yes, young lady? Why?” Jiyong looks down to her daughter.

“How are going to finish all of these, Pa? The butler brought a lot and Mama also cooked some. I love to eat all them but I only have a small stomach, I cannot eat all these. And Mama will be hurt if we don’t eat her prepared food but I also want to taste the butler’s food. What are we going to do now, Papa?” Sandy asks, looking so bothered.Jiyong smiles at her daughter,

“Well, I already thought of that, young lady. Why don’t you eat whatever you want, the butler food or your Mama’s food then I take care of the rest.” Sandy’s eyes widens in surprise,

“What you’ll gonna eat all my lefts Papa?”

“All of your Mama’s food I guess. The butler’s food can be given away but your Mama’s must be consumed by us or else she will get our head!”

“Shhh! Papa don’t talk aloud. Mama might hear us from the kitchen!”Jiyong laughs louder,

“Okey, okey call now your mother so we can start.”

“Ma!” Dara emerges from the kitchen.

“I just get the salad from the fridge, I prepare this for you baby. I know you will like it.” She says putting down the large bowl together with the other food.

 

Instantly, Jiyong and Sandy exchange meaningful look and both at the same time uttered a long “oh” and unmindfully shook their heads.Dara’s brows met.

“And what do you both mean by that?” she asks with a little hint of irritation because of the reaction she’d seen from them.

“N-nothing Mama…we just like seeing a lot of food here and we just love your food. Promise, Mama!”

She knows they are into something.She saw Jiyong smiles and nods and she really felt more irritated.Well it’s not only that he did it that made her flared up, seeing him here reminds her of what had happen on his office-----her encounter with that woman of him! She picks up again the salad bowl and the other one big bowl of food that she had prepared.

“If you both don’t want to eat what I cooked, don’t bother!” She burst then she proceeds to go back to the kitchen.

“Ma!”

“You start eating those other foods Sandy!

“But Ma-”

“Dara…” Jiyong hurriedly stands up from his seat and walks to her,

“please it’s not what you think, Mrs. Kwon.” He told her, blocking her way.She gives him a fury face.

“Get out of my way or I’ll throw this all to you, Jiyong!” She said, her teeth gritting.

“Dara-ah…”

“Don’t Dara-ah me, you idiot!” Her nose flared in controlled anger.

“Okey!” Jiyong raises his hands in surrender, “

I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I forget to consult you about these. I-I concluded that you can’t get up in bed because of your hang-over and thought you’ll not be able to cook so I asked the butler…I’m sorry Dara. Let’s not take this as a problem, please eat with us. I promise to consume all of what you prepare.” 

“Stop talking to me Jiyong. We are no longer friends!

”He gives her a mischievous smile, as he crosses his arms on his chest.

“Oh, yes. We are not just friends, Dara. We are still lovers.”Her face hardens. Her blood is already on her head.

“Get out of my way, Jiyong! Get lost!” She pushed her self through him and insisted her way to the kitchen.He lets go of her and he remains on his place. She puts the food back to the fridge and walks again to the dining table to get the other foods.

“Why if other man visits you, you seem to be so much accommodating to him? You still have my name with you, Mrs. Kwon. I guess you should know that you are disgracing my family with your too much attachment with that idiot!”That statement from Jiyong made her stop!Her shoulders move up and down because of her fast breathing. Jiyong is really coming to her nerves!Who the hell he thought he is for saying those things? If there’s one person here who have the right to brought up that “infidelity thing” is her!She faces him. Her chin up!

“Then why don’t you just sign those papers—get done with this marriage if you can’t bear seeing your WIFE spending some time with other man!” she countered furiously.Jiyong face muscles move in his control not to speak of something but his eyes are already fuming as he looks at her.

 

Her eyes left him and she turns to Sandy.It pained her to see their daughter in the verge of her tears as she watches them but she is also about to breakdown and she doesn’t want Jiyong to see her cry so she chooses to run to her room and leave them. Sandy runs to Jiyong and cries at her father.

 
ooooooooOooooooo
 
I think I'll update One more chapter...
I demand a Daragon moment..
NOW.