Chapter 8: Something gotta change

Just Once

 

Chapter 8

 

Two good-looking men have stepped out from their respective luxurious cars. The first man wearing an all-black formal suit easily lets out a wide smile when he turns around to look at the man behind him who is also in his the same formal but beige suit.

 

“Youngbae, nice to see here! You’re also after Ji?” Seungri greeting Youngbae who smiles back generously at him.“I guess I am, man! We’ve just parked in front his office, who else would you want me to see here?” Youngbae answered sarcastically, obviously annoying Seungri.Seungri walks ahead leaving Youngbae behind. “It’s too early to create a scene here, Bae. Don’t start at me or I will really give you some beating!”Youngbae laughs and makes a big step to catch up with Seungri. “Hey! I’m just kidding buddy!” Happily, Youngbae throws his arm across Seungri shoulder.

“I didn’t know that I’ll see you also here, Seungri.“I’m here to knock some sense out of your friend’s coconut head!” Seungri answered irritably as they go on with their step inside Jiyong building.“Uhuh! That’s something so serious, man,”Youngbae said looking at Seungri, “but yeah, I am also here to do the same. Although I know this would be useless, still I’ll try talking with him. I promised Bommie last night to do something noble for Jiyong.”Seungri head also turn to look at Youngbae, he stops walking. “Is it something about Jiyong and Dara divorce?”“Oh yeah,” Youngbae answered quite upset. “And I really don’t have any idea that Jiyong and Dara is already planning about it. My wife is very much affected. We talked about them last night.”Seungri resumes with their walk. “CL also bugged me about that last night. Damn! She had cried again because of that divorce thing of her best friend and our idiot friend.””I asked Bom about Dara's side, she told me that Dara will give the divorce if that what Jiyong wants now. Hell,” Youngbae shakes his head, “I really wish we could still do something to stop those two stubborn heads on pursuing this. I’ll swear Seungri; they will be wrong in doing that divorce.”They enter the elevator up to where Jiyong's executive room is.“We really need to shake Jiyong head to stop them from doing it or else CL will have my head!”Youngbae laughs at that remark of Seungri.“I’m not kidding here, Youngbae. I mean what I say.” Seungri stated with bold seriousness in his voice and his face.“Well, maybe if we’ll use our full strength on him---using this,” Youngbae shows a closed fist, “we’ll easily put him down and shakes his head to clear his mind!”Seungri shrugs his shoulder. “If only it would be easy like that, Bae…”The elevator opens and walks out and step towards Jiyong room that only takes them three paces then they have finally entered.

 

 

“Ji-Dae?!” Youngbae exclaims surprisingly as they are face with a sleeping figure of Daesung instead of hardworking Jiyong.“Hey,Dae wake up! What are you doing here?” Seungri inquires stepping inside and yanking his brother from his slumber. Daesung is sitting on Jiyong's executive chair, his back and head sluggishly rested on the seat and his feet lay across Jiyong's mahogany table.“Go away Minzy. I want my sleep now!” Daesung answers in closed eyes, throwing his hand on the air, warding them off.Youngbae lets out a loud laughter, holding his stomach.“What the—Dae!” Seungri shouted then continues pulling Daesung arms. “Get up in there! You are in Jiyong's room and not on your bed. How did you get in here?”“Maybe Daesung drives here while he sleeps! And he’s also thinking that he’s still with Minzy!” Youngbae laughs even harder.Daesung slowly opens his eyes, “Where am I?” he asks, putting down his feet, straightening his body from his sit and looking around.Seungri put his arms across his chest and ironically told Daesung. “Definitely, not on your mansion, where do you think so?”Daesung eyes wander on the two then shakes his head, “Oh, Minzy has dragged me here without me really knowing.”You idiot! How can that be possible! And why are you really here?” Seungri asks again, annoyance on his tone. He slump on the couch near where he stands.“Don’t tell us that Minzy also insisted on you to talk to Jiyong about the couple’s divorce?” Youngbae, feeding Seungri his answer.Daesung rest his back again on the seat and close his eyes. “Exactly, Youngbae and she didn’t only insist on this thing. She also took advantage of my body last night however I kept on protesting because I was really dead tired.”Youngbae walks towards Daesung, laughing to his heart’s content. “In that case,Daesung I’ll share you a tip on how to stay fit and keep you going when times like that come.” Youngbae told Daesung wearing his famous grin on his face. Then he whispers something to him that made them both to laugh.“Ei! What are you two whispering about?” Seungri curiously asks.Daesung and Youngbae quickly exchanged look.“Seungri interested!” Daesung commented then the two laughs harder again.“You two idiot! You stop from your laughing or get some beating from me!”They just ignore Seungri.The room’s door widely opens.“What’s going on here?” Jiyong instantly asks when he emerged from it and saw his friends inside the room. He is carrying three plastic bags with him.“The two idiots are laughing about something that they didn’t share with me!” Seungri tells him while giving the two his deadly stare.

 

Youngbae walks to him looking at the three bags, not minding Seungri's outbursts “Mc Donalds?” Youngbae asks then grabs one bag from him. “Daeee, food!” , showing him something from the bag.Daesung immediately rises from his seat and walks to eat with Youngbae.“Why are you all here? Problem?” He innocently asks then hands one bag to Seungri and sits beside him. He gives out the other bag to Youngbae also.“Why are you late? Why do you have all this food? Where did you get this?” Instead of answering Seungri also throws him those questions. “Can we first eat Seungri before we fry Jiyong, please?” Daesung remarks making Seungri looks more irritated.He gives out a lazily yawn first and says, “I sent Sandy in school today. We had breakfast in Mc Donalds and I remembered that you all are going to be here so I thought of bringing you some.”“If you think to bribe us with doing this, forget it. We’re really serious on talking with you about you and Dara.” Seungri says again though already munching the food Jiyong gave him.Jiyong just show him a shrug then contentedly rest his back on the seat while giving a look at his friends who are all now quiet because of their full mouths.He is already closing his eyes, a while after, when Youngbae speaks up.“Are you really serious about that divorce thing between you and Dara, Ji?” Youngbae asks while sipping his hot choco.

 

“I’m not thinking about it as of this time.” He answers straightly.Seungri puts off his biting of the hash brown and looks at him. “Then why are our wives talking and panicking about you two if this whole thing is not true?”“I don’t know with them, where did they get that idea?” He closed his eyes.“From your girlfriend.” Daesung told him casually.He didn’t say anything.His three friends let a minute pass, waiting for him to say a word but still he didn’t.“Ji?” Seungri ends his chewing and look intently at him, “is she---is that girl---is So-”“She’s not my girlfriend.” He stated firmly, opening his eyes looking at his Seungri stare.“For seven years that you’ve been away from us, Ji…we thought you …” Seungri says trailing off, “have slowly pulls your self from us because there was never a chance that you come to us to talk about what had happen to your life…with you and your family. You didn’t even update us on how your life went on while you’re there living alone in Hong Kong. Although we often see each other during those business conferences still we didn’t get a chance to know how well you really are …aren’t we guys supposed to tell among us what inside our heart…though sometimes it could really annoy us telling it.”Daesung and Youngbae stops from bringing their food on their mouth as they both stares at the Seungri while he narrates that remarks.He bows his head and put his both hands on his face. He deeply sighs. “I’m sorry if had made you feel that way…” he said like there’s a lump on his throat that had prevented him to speak of it clearly.His friends exchange meaningful looks at each other.He lifts up his head and looks at them, “I am sorry…really I am” he told them again obviously trying hard to calm his almost broken voice.“Oh, man you don’t have to say that twice…” Youngbae walks to sit beside him and put his arms on his shoulder. “Whatever happened in the past you should know that we do understand that you have your reasons there.”

 

“I know I’m such a shame on you guys.” He clasps his both hands together. “I didn’t manage my life like you had done with yours...”Seungri,Youngbae and Daesung saw a painful expression comes out on Jiyong face.“I –I even ruin my family…” he continues. “I’m a fool for hurting my wife and my only daughter. For seven years….I’ve been a l-lost soul….”his eyes blink twice, “I tried hard to convince my self in my new world that I’ll be okey with the decision that I had taken…”he sighs, “but always…every time,” he blinks again, “when the day ends, I am always a loser.”His friend remained silent. In many years that they grow up with Jiyong, this is the first time they’d seen him so weak and vulnerable like that. And for another minute only their deep breathing is heard among themselves.Until he stands up and looks at them one by one then lets out a soft chuckle, “Hey, why is all your face so serious like that?”Seungri slaps Jiyong's head in his disbelief that he could easily let out a smile after he had shown such deep emotion. “You idiot! How do you think we should react if someone is talking so serious like that?” Seungri reacted. “I was about to cry with your narration, go to hell Ji!” His friends laugh at Seungri and fully stand up and moves his feet to the bathroom.“But you started this?” Jiyong said turning to him, massaging his head.“You stupid!” Seungri mumbles as he comes out the bathroom.“Ok, yeah I am!” Jiyong raises his hands in admittance. “You all won guys, you have me on this!”“No, Ji. You are not anymore the same stubborn man as you are before if you fix these things with Dara and you’re doing it now, right?” Daesung butts in giving him a quick glance.“Well, I hope…”He roams around the room, puts his both hands on his pants pockets and looks up the ceiling,” I can still fix this….I and Dara…” he sighs “…our marriage.” Youngbae claps his hands and gaily shouted, “Whew! I didn’t realize that convincing you to reconsider your marriage with Dara will be this easy man? Seungri and I thought if we would still need to knock you down before you will finally realize this. I’m really happy for you, Ji!” Youngbae stands up, pats him.Jiyong laughing hugs his brother.“Ji!” Daesung called then gave Jiyong his thumbs down-thumbs up hand sign.“Thanks, Dae!” He yelled back“If this is already your plan Ji, why do you need to give us a hard time the last we talked about this with you?” Seungri inquires as he sits again. His eyes also shine as he looks at his brother with happiness.Youngbae and Daesung also look at him as they waited for his answer.“Well,” he stares down, “you all know me. It’s really hard for me to admit things. I am the most stubborn man you guys ever have as your brother, remember?” “And may we have honor to know how you were convinced to go back now with your family?” Daesung asked.“What else but of course it is because of Dara and Sandy.” He answered with his eyes glittering in so much bliss. “I had spent the happiest times of my life again with those two most special persons in my life these past few days,” he adds with pride in his tone.“Whew! Allelujiah!” Youngbae, giggling reaches for him again. “I’m so proud of you man!”Jiyong shrugs off his shoulder and also giggles with him.Seungri and Daesung joined them.

 

--------------------

sorry... I know it's kinda hard to read..

sorry sorry sorry...  anywho

for those people who haven't read Kiss of fate yet.

It's already COMPLETE..

pyong!! :)