Chapter 9

Just Once

Chapter 9

 

 

The 4 friends continues with their conversation now bugging Jiyong more to tell them about his plans on winning back Dara, but he just constantly shakes his head and laughs at them whenever they give their guesses, mentioning all those tactics they’d known he is famous for on wooing his women before.They are laughing and shouting at their heart content’s when the room’s door opens and shows up Dara after.All mouth drops as they turn their heads to look her.“DARA!” All of them uttered in surprise.She comfortably walks inside, kissing first Youngbae on his cheek because he has easily walks to her, then Seungri who sits near the door, then Daesung who sits after Seungri. Jiyong is just beside Daesung but she didn’t manage to lean over him and instead she hands him the brown envelop she is holding and looks at him seriously, wiping away the smile on her face she showed the three men.“I already talked to my lawyer. I’m sending you this paper for your signature. If you have anything else to say, Atty. Cheng’s number is there.” She says in her most formal tone while she let Jiyong eyes wanders on her.Jiyong gets the envelope from her hand, opens it, takes out the papers from the envelope, scans it then returns it at once back inside.She waits for him to say something when he sets his eyes to her again.But he didn’t say anything. She tries to read what he is thinking, but his face is showing no reaction at all.“And about Sandy…,” she went on, “I guess it’s-”Jiyong waves his hand to stop her from her talking. He rises from his seat and walks around her.“I thought you said last night that you want us to talk?” Jiyong says when he stops right just at her back. She froze on her feet. He is standing so close to her that she can feel his warm breathe on her skin…. enough to make her shivers.But before she has considered the sensation he is sending through his nearness, she quickly turns to him and takes a step back.“Ji-” She snaps, staring at his eyes which caught hers first, “I really hope you’ll not give me a hard time on this. After all, isn’t this is the one you want from me? Now, I’m gi-”Jiyong steps forward to her and place his point finger on her lips to stop her again from talking.“I’ll pick you up at seven tonight, Mrs. Kwon. That’s when we will talk.” He told her like almost whispering. His eyes, as he looks down on her, are caressing her face.“But I don’t think that would still be necessary, Ji.” She retorts. “You have your lawyer. I have mine. I think they are competent enough to process this whole thing!”Jiyong gives her a smirk. “It is our marriage that we are talking here, Mrs. Kwon. And as far as I remember it is you that I exchanged with my vow and not your lawyer. How could you think that I would agree settling this with anybody than you, huh?”“It is not our marriage that we are discussing here, Ji! It’s our divorce!” She steps away from him. She has shouted.“Our marriage, our divorce! Our divorce, marriage! Those don’t matter to me, Dara. All I want now is to talk to you…please!” he pleads.For a second their eyes locked.Their three audiences held their breathing as they eyed the couple like they are watching a drama series in a television.But she takes her gaze from him first and walks to the door.“Still talk to my lawyer, Ji!” she tells him firmly.Jiyong runs to her and hugs her from her back.Of course, that move of him made her stop…and closed her eyes.“Ji…stop play-”“Dara…please,” he said cutting her off. “Let’s straighten out these ourselves...” he holds her tighter. “I’m begging you…”She remains silent for a moment…then pulls her self from him after. “Dara…”

 

“I don’t know what time I’ll be finished with my recordings.” She says, not totally agreeing with him. Her back is still at Jiyong.“Call me when you’re done. I’ll send you a chauffer. I’ll wait for you in your townhouse so I can spend time first with Sandy.” She nods her head slowly. “Okey.” Jiyong is again about to reach for her when someone emerges from the opened door and calls for his name sweetly.That makes them both turn to the newcomer.“Jiyong, hun...” Sohee stops from where she is standing when she recognized that Jiyong is not alone in the room. Jiyong just keeps his eyes on Sohee. His lips didn’t even move to say a thing to her. “I-I just drop by to see you…”Sohee again said, eyes looking at both Jiyong and Dara.Jiyong keeps still.Everyone remains silent.Then Dara faces Jiyong. “I have to go, Ji,” she tells him casually.Jiyong glances back at her and has the surprise of his life---which clearly registers on his face, when without any wavering, she tiptoes, cling her arms on his neck, reaches for his lips and gives him a full kiss and ily tells him, “I’ll see you in my house tonight,” then walks to the door.And just like in a movie, in a slow motion, she and Sohee come face to face…Dara looks to see her face.

 

Sohee looks to meet her gaze. Dara keeps her stare at her for a moment then with her chin up, she passes through her.With just two steps away from the door, she stops from her pace.“I’m glad to see you here Sohee,” she says in her most friendly tone, not looking at her, “And dropping by to check on Jiyong is but very nice of you.” She went on. “Hope you enjoy your day with my HUSBAND!” And she exited the room leaving a stunned woman on her feet.Soft chuckling is heard from the audiences after she finally went out.---

 

Jiyong has already sent Sandy on her bed and now sleeping soundly but yet he hasn’t had any idea by what time Dara will finally come home.He has been calling her phone for several times but she is not picking it up.He had called Brook, her PA already but Brook’s phone is out of coverage area.He had spoken to her recording company manager to ask her whereabouts but she too has no idea of her Dara might be.He had phoned twice CL and his other friends’ wives to check on her but they also didn’t know where she is.If only he had not promised Sandy that he won’t leave her tonight to her nanny, he swears he had long gone searching the whole city for Dara.He has been roaming around Sandy’s room, the living room and the whole house for almost five hours thinking of her and what to do and his patience is taking him already.He have to know where she is of he’ll turned crazy.He is now miserably worrying about her.What if….what if…He has slump his self on the sofa and has his hands on his face in desperation…Then heard his CP rings.“Eddie!” He’s the chauffer she sent to fetch Dara from her recording studio. “What took you so long to return back to me? Where’s your Madam?” Jiyong asked shouting, forgetting his manners towards their help.“S-Sir,” the chauffer answered mumbling, “Madam has left the studio without my knowledge. I-I was here outside waiting for her to come out b-but I guess…she… she exited the other way to-to keep away from me…I –I search the whole place and other possible areas where I might still catch her but I r-really couldn’t find her, I’m sorry…Sir.”He muttered a word that frightens more the chauffer then he hung up.He stares to his cell phone for a moment hoping that Dara will finally call him but again gets disappointed when it rings and Youngbae’s name registers on the screen.

 

“Hei! Buddy!” Youngbae starts cheerfully. “I was informed that you’re looking for Dara and you couldn’t find her. Why, where’s she? Already walked away from you, Ji?” Youngbae laughs at his self. “So the reconciliation thing is still fuzzy, huh? Well, if I were Dara and been in that situation like she had this morning, I might really think of cursing you and wished that you’d vanish in my life forever!”

“You’re not helping me here Youngbae. I’ll hang up on you.” He said warningly.

“Hey, wait! You know that I’m just kidding Ji!”“Then help me think on where she might be!” he shouted.Youngbae  laughter is heard again from the other line.“Bae I’m worried already…I-I really have to see her now.”

“Hey! You sound so desperately. Don’t worry much, Dara just somewhere, calming her self perhaps before facing you, hehehehe, because if she didn’t do it he might kill you now, Ji!”“I’m trying here Youngbae…I want them back in my life.” His voice sounds so serious.“Okey! Let me think of where she might be….”for a moment,Youngbae line silenced, and then he happily exclaimed, “Aha! I got an idea, why don’t you call Jaejoong and ask him of Dara whereabouts. He might be with her.”

“Damn! Bae, why the hell you would think I will call that stupid?” He has shouted!

“Ow?” Youngbae laugh is heard again, “And why, what’s wrong with calling Jaejoong and check out Dara from him, is anything wrong with that, huh buddy?” Youngbae tone is already teasing him.

“You jerk! Let’s stop this conversation and leave me alone, Youngbae.”“Wait Jiyong!”“You’re wasting my time, Bae!”“Jiyong, listen. Listen okey….”Youngbae lets out a deep sigh, “you should not get it wrong, man. Jaejoong had been a friend to Dara since you left your family. Aside from us, Dara is really close to him but believe me, Ji. They’re just friend and we can attest to that, man!”“If that bull has made you all believe in him, don’t trust that I could be easily sway of your words about him, Bae. Let’s end this up, this is getting nonsense!”

“Whoah! You sounds like a jealous perfect husband, buddy! You know your shortcomings, man. If you didn’t walk-”“Bae, you don’t have to throw it in my face…I know my fault.” Jiyong said, sounding like a loser man.Then both men kept quiet for a while.“I’m sorry buddy,” Youngbae utters regretfully. “Okey, if just in case you change your mind, call me. I’ll give Jaejoong's number to you. I really have a feeling that Dara is with him. I’ll hang up now, Ji. Don’t worry much. She’ll still be home for you, trust me.”Youngbae doesn’t hear anything from him.“Ji, are you okey, man?” Youngbae asks again.“Its okey, Bye!”He hangs up on his brother.He takes to sit on the sofa and lay his back on it. He closes his eyes and thinks hardly of Dara.Yeah, she was hurt again….he had caused her pain…like he always did to her.---A loud singing voice that can be mistaken as a shouting made him to open his eyes. He had fallen asleep.He looks at his watch. It’s 3 am already. He stands up and turns to the already opened door and walks towards it.Dara is entering from the door and she was accompanied by Jaejoong who is almost carrying her while she walks. Dara head is lying on Jaejoong's shoulder and she is not walking straight. She is dragging her self to walk.“What’s going on here?” He asks firmly, eyes strongly lay on Jaejoong, brows almost met.“J-Jiyong…Mr. Kwon?” Jaejoong in panic voice uttered as his eyes surprisingly look at him. “Dara … I just drive her home. She’s drunk. I tried hard to control her but she kept on drinking.”Jiyong whose face remains fuming gets Dara from him. Dara resists at first but her unconsciousness quiets her down. “You can go.” He said to Jaejoong as she carries Dara on his arms.Jaejoong stood still.“What? I said you can go.” He repeated.Jaejoong looks at his eyes, now calmer, “She’s hurt. I know I don’t have the right to meddle on this…but I’m her friend. It also pained me to see her like that. I really hope…you can now settle all these things, Mr. Kwon.”Jiyong again gives Jaejoong a glare then turns his back to him. “Thank you for bringing her home. Please go.” He tells him then proceeds to walk to Dara’s room.Once they come to her room. He lays Dara gently on her bed and sits beside her.His eyes wander on her sleeping figure…on her angelic face…on her soft breathing…on her petite yet curved body. Jiyong lifts his hand and gently touches her face, taking away some loose hairs from her face…He set his eyes on her like he is memorizing every part of her…He gets her one hand and takes it to his right chest…like he wants her to feel the beating of his heart…

 

“Dara-ah…” he whispers in despair…kissing her hand.He saw her moves a bit but then again went back to her calmness.He bent down and kissed her forehead.His lips remain on it for a moment then sets his eyes again on her.He touches the softness of her lips with his thumb then again leans down and whispered.

“I love you…”He holds her close to him for seconds until tears freely run down his cheeks…He cries.

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…Dara.” He uttered brokenly.Then he let go of her.He stands up, picks the cotton sheet and covers her body.Again he looks at her lovingly before he takes his steps to her door.“Ji…”

 

He looks back.He knows he hears her calling his name but Dara might just be dreaming. She is really soundly sleeping.He switches off the lights then leaves her room.

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

what do you guys think?

Is this the start of reconciliation? or just a show?

and don't forget to subscribe at this story :) pyong!