Chapter 16: OF LONGING, FRUSTRATIONS AND RECONSIDERATION

Just Once

 

Chapter 16

 

“Dara…”The deep and husky voice of the man who called her name made her turned slowly. A smile immediately slips out from her lips as he reaches for her and gets the tray of cups that she has on her hands.

“Where’s our daughter?” she asks looking at him as Jiyong places down the tray on the table between them.

“She has fallen sleep already. I sent her to her room. Come on, have a sit and let’s try this one that you prepared.”She sits in front of him.

“She must really be so tired. You’ll just send her to the townhouse tomorrow morning, Ji. I won’t anymore interrupt her sleep. Let her be here for tonight.”Jiyong starts sipping from his cup.

“Do you still have plans of returning to the townhouse, it’s already eleven o clock. It’s quite late.”She gives him a glare,

“I will not ask you to drive for me Ji, don’t worry,” then she takes a sip of her coffee.He softly chuckles, bringing down his cup back to the saucer.

“No, no that’s not what I mean here, sweetheart. I am just thinking that it’s not practical that you still return to the townhouse.” His eyes caressed her face.

“And since you already decided for Sandy to stay here with me tonight…” he hangs his sentence.She gives him a “what-are-you-trying-to-say” face.

“Uhm, I want--- I want to ask you to stay here also instead of returning to your house.”She opens to answer him but Jiyong urgently speaks again. 

“I know you’re already tired too, sweetheart.” He leans to her, “sleep here tonight, please. You’ll take the master bedroom with Sandy. I’ll stay on the guest room.”She controls her laughter to come out from her.

“Ok fine, laugh at me.” He moves away from her.She puts down her cup and leans over to softly hit his arm.

“I’m sorry,” she laughs harder, “Okey. Okey I’ll stay here for tonight.”Jiyong brightened face turns back to her.

“Really?” He asks, giving her his suave smile. She sits straight.

“Yeah, just keep up with what you have said.”

“I said what?” Jiyong asks teasingly, as he reaches for her hands and entwined them with his.

“You said that you’ll behave.”

“Huh?” He uttered innocently.She hits him again.

“You’ll stay on the guest room Ji if you want me to sleep here with our daughter!” She jokingly exclaims.Jiyong scratched his head. “I thought you won’t take it seriously.”

“Don’t push your luck, la!” She pulled her hand from his hold.Jiyong pouted.

“Okey, I’ll try again some other time.”She shrugs, “if you’ll ever have that chance,” then takes a sip again on her cup.

“You like the taste of this coffee?”Jiyong picks up his cup and brings it again on his lips,

“Yes, I like it. I love how you prepared it, sweetheart.” He gazed at her with so much love in his eyes.

“I’m really surprised about our dinner, Ji. I also love the food. Actually I like them all. Sandy did, too. Have you seen the happiness in her eyes? Oh, think this is one of the best dinners she ever had with us.”He happily smiles.

“I’m glad you both enjoyed it. I really wish I was the one who had cooked it for you, but time didn’t permit it anymore,” he sighs,

“I was stuck in the office for the whole day.”She smiles widely at him,

“Its okey Mr. Businessman, I and your daughter can understand it. The effort that you exerted for us to have this is already something.”His eyes again lock at her face.

“I still have something to tell you.”Her brows went up.

“What?”

“I ask from your manager to give you a week leave.”Her eyes widened.

“I’m bringing you and Sandy at the villa tomorrow. I plan for us to stay there until next week. I want us to have a vacation.”

 

opens in surprise.He reaches for her again.

“I’m sorry that I have already decided on it. I just really want to surprise you.”

“Yeah, you surprised me…”she said looking at him.

“Will you come then?” he asks in her eyes.She seems to have lost for words.

“Please…”She looks down---thinking then faces him again with a smile already slipping from her lips.

“Okey.” She said casually.She saw his eyes grew wide in astonishment. He pulls his chair and move near her.He holds her face with his both hands and bends over his head on hers.

“You made me the happiest man in earth at this very minute, sweetheart.” He hoarsely whispered on her. “I’m really grateful for that.”

“You’re taking your chances, Ji aren’t you? I’m just giving it to you.” She answered, lowering her eyes.Jiyong's eyes wandered on her face. 

“Thank you, Dara.” He gives her a kiss on her forehead then pulls her to embrace.

“I’ll do everything to take this chance. I want you to believe and trust me again.”She didn’t utter a word but her hands slowly rise to hold on to him.He caresses her back and tightens his hug to her.“

“Ji, if you really want to make this reconciliation, I don’t want any involvement of that woman again with our life.”Jiyong gently let go her and look at her face, at her eyes.

“I already cleared things with her, Dara.” He touches her face, “please, I don’t want you to worry about it.”She glances away from him.

“I’m sorry I think I should have not said that anymore.”Jiyong tenderly held her face to turn her to him. “No, it’s okey, sweetheart. I know that I had hurt you so much because of her….and I know it’s not easy for you now to believe but---- she really never replaced you in my heart.”Dara stares at his eyes.

“Oh yeah,” she mocked.A sad smile comes out from his lips.

“Yes, I know you won’t believe me, here.”She slightly pushes him to pull her self from him and stands up.

“I’ll go now to Sandy,” she said yawning,

“You rush me with this out of town trip. You know that it takes time for to me pack things.”Jiyong rises to his feet.

“Then don’t pack, sweetheart. I’ll just call your clothing line company to bring you here new sets of your wardrobe. Even for Sandy, I know that the clothes he has here would not be enough.”She raises her hand to signal him to stop for his saying.

“Drive us back to the townhouse early morning Ji then we’ll not have anything to discuss about.”HE takes a deep sigh.

“Okey, as you wish your majesty,” and bowed his head before her. 

“Thanks for the dinner Ji, good evening.” She tells him and turns her back and takes her steps from him. “Wait-” He holds her one arm that made her stop and look back to him.

“What?” she inquired in his eyes.Ji pulls her to him.

“You forget to do something.” He said as his hands tight around her body.She opened to ask again but whatever she was about to say was never uttered. His mouthed descended on hers.

“You forgot to give me my goodnight kiss, sweetheart.” He whispers as his lips touches hers then claims them gently.He feels the softness of --- for a second his lips are just contentedly pressed against hers but as she felt his hands starting to wanders on her body, his mouth begins exploring.

“Ji-” She draws her self away from him, ending him from his kissing.Jiyong  looks at her with so much affection…and longing in his eyes.

“Dara…”She studies his face and gazes at his eyes.Their stares locked then she feels Jiyong one hand moves to her nape, holds her then his head bends down again to kiss her.But quickly, she puts her palms on chest and pushes him,

“Once is enough, Ji. Don’t overdo it.” She said twirling up her brows then turns her back again at him.

“Dara!” He called her, in a desperate begging voice. She chuckles sensing that he is indeed having a very disappointed expression.

“Don’t push it, Ji!” She yells back then hurriedly runs from him.

“Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Jiyong loud groan in frustration is heard all over the mansion.She enters the master bedroom laughing at her heart’s content.Butler Lu who happens to see the couple has just shakes his head and controls his smile.---

 

E - LIVE NEWS! E - LIVE NEWS! E – LIVE NEWS! “Good Morning! This is Ogie Diaz to give you the latest and the freshest E - Live today.If there’s one hot item this country is much talking about what do you think it would be----well, I guess what’s in your mind is what we got here!The Kwon Jiyong and Dara Park reconciliation news is indeed topping our E-list today and to give you live confirmations about this-------if this is for REAL or for REEL-------let’s take a peek on where’s our E-correspondent, Gretchen Pullido would take us as she gives updates about this much- talked, much-awaited heart’s reunion of Manila’s Mr. Businessman and well-loved singer---Kwon Jiyong and Dara Park.Take it away, Gretchen!(The switching of camera from the network’s studio takes place and immediately it is focus on another reporter who is standing inside a building’s lobby which shows off the name, SHANGRILA HOTEL.)

“Good morning! We are live here inside the SHANGRILA HOTEL---yes, inside the famous hotel owns by the equally famous family- Lee’s!We are here to gather some facts and pieces about the real score on

Kwon-Park reconciliation.Wonder why we are here? Hmm...well, it was brought to our attention that the infamous group and their families are usually gathered here during Saturdays for their usual weekend breakfast. With this, we earlier begged them to permit us in having this interview and we are indeed happy that they granted us their time!Come on, let’s walk inside the café and let’s both see for ourselves what’s in store for us there!(The camera moves with the reporter and before each everyone’s eyes the Lee’s, Kang’s and Dong’s families are seen on the camera. They are all gathered on a big table, loads of food in front of them, with their kids on the men’s lap and their wives’ on each other’s side.Gretchen walks towards them. The guys and the women easily greet her and her cameraman with their smiles.)

“Hello Gretchen! What’s up for today?” Yougnbae bubbly asks while feeding his son.(The camera zooms in with Youngbae. He urges his son to wave on the camera, which the kid who really looks like him did.)

“Good morning, Mr. Dong as I can see, it seems that Mr. Kwon family is not here, may I ask why they have not joined you in this breakfast?”Youngbae shows off his grin,

“It’s a secret I won’t reveal, Gretchen! Hahahahhaha!” Bom swats him on his chest.

“Ouch, honey! Don’t do that, where on a national TV! The whole world might think that you are more powerful than I am!” Youngbae kidding cries out. Bom just rolls her beautiful eyes on him.

“Mrs. Dong, do you want to confirm or say anything about the Kwon-Park reconciliation? The whole country is watching us and all our people are just so excited to hear if there’s really a reality on this issue.”(The camera zooms in at the beautiful face of Bom.

“Uhm, I don’t think I’m the right person to confirm it but what I can only say is that, Jiyong family is on a vacation right now that’s why they didn’t get to join us here.” Bom answers, showing her smile.

“With that statement Mrs. Dong anyone can conclude that the reconciliation is a fact. Thank you,Mrs. Dong.” (Gretchen turns to the other member of the group.) 

“How about you, Mr. Kang, I know that you are a man of less words, but for the record can you give us something to enlighten us more about your friend’s reconciliation with his long time wife?’(The camera zooms in the face of Daesung. His daughter on his lap is toothlessly smiling on the camera as Minzy holds her little hand and waves it.)

 

“I still have not seriously talked with Jiyong about this, but with all my heart I’ll tell you. If there’s only one woman worthy of my friend’s affection, it is Dara. And if there’s only one man who deserves to be with her, it’s Jiyong. No other man or woman should still be involved in their lives.”Minzy immediately leans over Daesung and gives him a kiss on his lips, “That’s very nice words to say, darling, knowing that it is only 7 o’clock in the morning, Dae. You’re already charged!” She says joking that made the whole group erupts with laughter.“Mrs. Kang since your husband has given us a wonderful statement about Mr. Kwon and Ms. Park, could you also adds on something.”(The camera switches to the lovely face of Minzy.)

“Well, I don’t know if there’s anything more to add, Daesung has already mentioned it. Maybe I’ll just say that I’m very happy about everything that’s happening between Jiyong and Dara. We all here really want the best for them and wish that it will now last forever.”

 

“Thank you very much, Mrs. Kang.”(Gretchen turns to CL and Seungri with the camera now focus on the mighty couple.) “Mrs. Lee, I know that you are Ms. Dara's best friend, can you confirm to us if she has really reconciled with Mr. Kwon?”CL hesitantly smiles on the camera. “I- I don’t want Dara to pull my hair if I say something here that she her self has not yet speak about….but I can tell you that my friend is really hoping for the best and Jiyong likewise is doing his best right now to work on their marriage. I really wish that nothing or no one will still come up to ruin their reconciliation.”

“That’s nice words to hear from you, Mrs. Lee. How about you Mr. Seungri Lee what can you tell us about your friend and your wife’s best friend’s marriage right now.”Seungriwidely smile at the camera while his son on his lap, wipes some cake icing on his face.

“Let’s leave them first at this moment. When they returned after their vacation, Jiyong will have their words for you, so watch out for that.”

“Yeah, that’s right folks!” Youngbae yelled from behind.(The camera switches back to Gretchen)

“Well, there you have it people, words and wishes and hopes have been stated---with that I hope I have given you much to conclude on what’s really the truth between Kwon and Park's reunion of heart. This is Gretchen Pullido of ABS-CBN, back to you Ogie Diaz, back to the studio!”

 

-------

 

A woman and her companion have been watching the show intently. And for the longest time that the woman’s eyes are glued on the tube---her hard expression never vanish on her face. Her facial nerves are clearly seen as she takes grasp of every word that she heard coming from the different persons interviewed for the show.Her companion stands up and reaches for her.

“Everything is okey, now. Just tell us when you want us to do it then we’ll do. Stop thinking now. You’re not the loser here, I’m telling you. We still have something to pour over their faces. We will make him suffer.”The woman looks up to her companion.

“Thank you. Give me more time then we’ll do it. I still need to think about it.”

“He hurt you so much, how could you still have the heart to reconsider doing this to him. Anyway, if that’s what you still want to do, okey I respect you.”

“Thank you, Lyn.”With that the two women embrace each other

 
_____________________
 
>>>>> next...........
sorry folks I think I can only
update 2chapters for today... 
super busyyyy...
anywhoo... I'll work now!