Chapter 7: Long restless night

Just Once

Chapter 7

 

The nonstop stirring and loud mumbling of the woman beside him rouse him from his nearly slumber.

 

“CL!” he shouted. Then aggressively, Seungri reached for her wife and pinned her down on their bed using his body. “How can you be so inconsiderate to a person who just wants to sleep, huh?”

 

With all her strength, CL pushed him away and pulled her body from him. “Get out of me, you idiot!” she shrieked while giving Seungri a glare.

 

CL rises and takes a sit, her back on him.

 

“What is happening to you?” Seungri inquired irritably.

 

“Nothing. Don’t mind me. Go on with your sleep!” she told him in the same irritated voice.

 

“Nothing?” Seungri rumbled again, lying with his one arm at the back of his head, “don’t fool me CL I know you when there’s something bothering you. Common, tell me what is it?”

 

CL remained still, didn’t speak up.

 

“Common nah!”

 

Slowly CL faces again his husband. “Seungri…” her eyes are about to cry.

 

Seungri annoyed face instantly soften as his hands touches her face. “Why? Is really something wrong with you CL?” he had asked, now upset of what he’s seeing from her.

 

“Jiyong and Dara…” CL moves to lie beside him having her face on his chest and making her arm embrace onto him. “I-I don’t want them to be divorced. I’m thinking of Sandy, it would be hard for the child if they finally end their marriage.” She started in between little sobbing.

 

“How could you think of that? They’ve been like this for seven years but no one between them talked about that divorce. How come all of a sudden this has come out? Jiyong didn’t say anything about it or talked about it.” CL said while caressing her back. 

 

“But Jiyong other woman did. She has arrived and she told the press that Jiyong reason of coming here includes his filing of divorce against Dara.” CL lifts up her face to see him, “Seungri please do something about it. Please, please I’m begging you.” And how she cries. Seungri forehead creases as he wipes CL  tears with his thumb. “Oh CL don’t be like that, you know that I hate seeing crying…”

 

“Then do something about that idiot girl!” she cries out.

 

“And what do you want me to do with her? I don’t even know who you are talking about.” 

 

“That Jiyong girlfriend, you idiot! She cries harder. “Make her leave! Deport her! Make her out of Jiyong life!”

 

Seungri rises with her and shaking his head embraces CL. “You know that I can’t mess up with my brother’s life. Even we grew up together and treated each other like we are with one blood our personal life is only ours to deal with.”

 

“But Seungri! Still do something! Do something, please…” CL insisted, tugging down the sleeve of his pajama top.

 

Shsssssh,” Seungri continues rubbing her back a he lulls her, “Okey, okey stop now I try to think of something to do here.” He pulls from her and holds her face again and leans to kiss her.

 

Though still with tears, a smile easily comes out from CL lips. “Thank you Seungri…”

 

“Anything in my power I will give it to you CL.” Seungri uttered a he lovingly smiles back to her.

 

CL happily embraces herself to him. “Thank you so much.”

 

 

-------

 

 

“Dae…”

 

Daesung is almost on his sleep when he heard that calling of his name.

 

“Uhm?” he answered that did not almost come out from him.

 

“I want something from you…” the tender voice went on.

 

Daesung tries to open his one sleep eye and takes a glimpse of the woman who is sitting beside him, “If you want my full service tonight, baby I’m sorry. I’ll just disappoint you. I’m dead tired.” He told her smiling then toss back to his sleep.

 

“Dae, I’m not kidding here.”

 

The firmness of her voice made him forget about his sleep. He rises up and sits in front to her“What is it baby?” he asks showing her a smile again, trying hard to open his eyes look at her lovely but distress face. Daesung smile quickly vanished as he carefully checks on her. “Is something wrong with you Minji?”

 

“I’m affected on what’s happening between Jiyong and Dara.”

 

Why? What happened to them?” daesung inquired his voice concern.

 

“They’ll be having their divorce now.”

 

Daesung brow went up,” are you sure about it?”

 

Minzy shows him a nod.

 

Daesung keeps quiet.

 

“Dae,” she looks at him intently as she holds his arm. “Please do something about it. I know that you guys don’t want either to happen this to Jiyong and Dara.”

 

Daesung remains still. He had closed his eyes. “I don’t think we have the right to meddle with them on this matter.” He said after he opened them.

 

“But Dae-“

 

“Minji we have to respect them if they have decided on that. This thing is really serious and I don’t think that these are still for us to do here.” Daesung calmly said then went to go back to his sleep.

 

“How can you be that unconcern? We’re talking about our friends---Jiyong and Dara, Dae!” her voice raised a bit.

 

“You don’t need to stress it that hard, Minji. I know what you mean here.” Dae gets his pillow.

 

“You get me? Then why can you not do something about that?”

 

“Minji, can you not understand-“

 

“It’s you that I don’t understand!” Minzy jumps out their bed, picks her robe and steps to the door.

 

“Hey! Where are you going?” Daesung yells as he rises to sit from his lying.

 

“To your daughter’s room!”

 

Daesung shaking her head put up his hands in surrender. “Okey, you win again Minzy.”

 

That made Minzy stops from her step and turns to look back at Daesung. She now has that y smile in her. “Really Dae? You’ll gonna do something about it?” she asks, walks back to the bed, takes off the robe from her body, revealing her almost ness and flings her self to his husband.

 

“Yes.” Daesung said, closing his eyes, yawning.

 

“Well…” Minzy moves and bend her lovely face on his face, “that’s so sweet of you baby…” she teasingly plays the contour of his lips with her finger, as her eyes lovingly caressed him, “I might want to pay you for that Dae.”

 

Daesung in wide eyes meet Minzy’s seducing stare “Oh, not tonight, baby. I’m really-“

 

Minzy ended that protest. She starts kissing Daesung.

 

And before daesung could complain more, Minzy has holds him down putting her body on top of Daesung and begins undressing him.

*waaaa sorry for being kinda *ehem* you know? to minzy here*

-----

 

“Honey?”

 

Youngbae didn’t get a response.

 

Closed eyes, he turns over and makes his hand reaches for Bom but his hand just landed on an empty space beside him.

 

Right away Youngbae eyes pop open; he rises and worriedly looks around their room. “Bommie” he asks again.

 

“I’m just here, honey…”

 

Youngbae turns to look at the veranda adjacent to their room. It is where heard Bom's voice. He gets down from their bed and walks towards her.

 

“What are you doing here?” Youngbae hugs Bom from her back and kisses the tip of her one shoulder. “Is something bothering you honey?” he queried.

 

“I’m thinking about Jiyong and Dara…” Bom answered almost a whisper.

 

“Why? What about them?” Youngbae asks again quite surprised.

 

“Oh, don’t pretend that you don’t know about this honey. I know you guys have already talked about Jiyong and Dara divorce.”

 

“Jiyong and Dara” divorce?” Youngbae made her face him. “I swear honey I really don’t know anything about it. How did you know that they are planning for it now?”

 

“Jiyong girlfriend spoke of it earlier during a presscon…” Bom said pouting.

 

“Huh?” Youngbae frowned, “I-I didn’t know-“

 

Bom embraces her self to Youngbae. “Honey, can you do something about it. I know they are still in love with each other, they should not really end this way.”

 

“But Bommie, you know that Jiyong is not the kind who will listen to us when it concerns his personal life. And we don’t want it either to be messed up about our own personal life also. So I think there’s nothing we can do about it…but this matter if this is real is very frustrating.” Youngbae said hugging his wife back.

 

“bae, still try to talk Jiyong, please. Maybe now he’ll listen.” Bom gently insisted.

 

Youngbae let go of Bom body and look at her carefully, “have you girls talked to Dara?”

 

Bom slowly nods her head.

 

“Is she okey with the idea?”

 

“Dara said if that’s what Jiyong wants, she’ll give it to him.”

 

‘What? Oh goodness…” Youngbae shaking his head exclaims.

 

Bom lifts her both hands and clings them on his neck. “Honey, do something about this, will you?” she leans closed to him.

 

“Honey, this is not an easy thing to do…”Youngbae told Bom holding his face on his both hands, looking at her affectionately.

 

Bom presses her lips on his and kisses him. Her hands start wandering down his body. 

 

“Honey, you will do something about it right?” Bom again insisted as let go of his lips and her kisses trails down his neck.

 

Youngbae giving out a silly smile just nods his head as his hands also begin touching Bom's body and soon after picks her up to go back to their bed.

 

------

 

A seriously faced man has entered a dark room. Though the switch of the lights is within his reach he managed to walk inside with out turning them on. He throws the portfolio he has in one hand on his bed then proceeds to rightmost corner of the room. He opens his fridge, picks a bottle of wine, opens the cabinet and gets a glass from it, sits on a stool and start drinking.

 

He stays there until the bottle emptied then walks around bringing another bottle with him. He loosens his tie, takes of his shoes and plunges him self on his big water bed. He places the bottle on his side table and fishes out his cell phone from the pocket of his pants.

 

He knew he had turned it off the whole day because he’s been in the meeting for almost a day and he had forgotten to turn it on when he’s done with it.

 

Instantly his voice mail starts speaking when he has it on.

 

Message 1Jiyong, I know you’re back in the Philippines now. In a month time, we we’ll be there in time for your birthday son. Hope by then you have already thought and settled what your Papa has spoken with you. Give my regards to Dara and Sandy. Tell them that we dearly love them both. And we also love you dearly son. Don’t work too much. Bye!”

 

Message 2“Papa, Sandy here! Are you coming to see us today? Hope, you’ll drop by. Babye. I love you!”

 

Message 3“Papa it’s me again Sandy! The day is almost over, are you still coming? I will wait for you. I love you!”

 

Message 4“Sir, I forgot to tell you there are still some important documents you need to sign tomorrow. I hope you can drop by, thank you.

 

Message 5Jiyong, how are you? I’ve been here in the city for almost a day yet I haven’t talked or seen you. Aren’t you going to see me?”

 

Message 6“Papa? Oh please don’t get mad because I’m still up this time. I just can’t go to sleep…I waited for you the whole day, why didn’t you show up today? Are you busy Papa? Anyway, Mama wants to inform you that you should pick me up to school tomorrow because she can’t send me. She has an appointment to attend to. See you Papa. I love you!”

 

Message 7“Jiyong, Seungri here! Where are you? I’ve been calling you for hundred times already, you idiot! Anyway, I’ll be dropping by your office tomorrow. I’ll talk to you, be there. Bye!”

 

 

Message 8“Jiyong---(sound of yawning is heard)---Daesungi here…I know it’s late---(yawning again)---already---(yawning again)---but—(grabbing of phone)---Jiyong, Minzy here Dae will come to your office tomorrow. Hope he’ll see you there. Bye, good night!”

 

Message 9“Hey man! Youngbae here! Why is your phone off buddy? Anyway I know your still get this message. Just want to inform you that I’ll be dropping at your office tomorrow. Just want to have a cup of tea with you. That’s all buddy! Ba-bye!”

 

He presses his cell phone

 

He looks at his watch then dials a number.

 

He hears the other line rings. It just kept on ringing. But on the last ring, it was picked up.

 

“Sandy?” he asked in a croakily voice.

 

“Ji? Our daughter has already slept. You can talk to her, tomorrow. Bye!” An urgent voice answered on the line.

 

“Dara wait!” he urged.

 

“What?”

 

He didn’t say anything.

 

She just heard his deep breathing.

 

“Ji, I have a very early appointment tomorrow. If you would excuse me, I really want now to go back on my sleep.”

 

Again he doesn’t utter a word.

 

“Ji?”

 

“D-Dara we need to talk…I need to talk to you…”

 

It takes a while before she has an answered, “I-I know. I know that we need to settle things once and for all…”

 

“Dara it’s not that. I mean---I just want to-“

 

She cuts him off. “I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll be on your office. Bye!”

 

She hung up.He stares at his cell phone for the longest time before he had it slipped from his hands.

 

He remains lying with his eyes opened in the darkness.

 

He feels the quietness of the entire room as his thoughts ponders on different things on his head.

 

He had opened and closed his eyes in deep thinking.

 

He rises to sit and makes his hand reaches for the bottle of the wine again.

 

He gulps it.

 

He drinks it like he is such in a hurry to consume all the liquid in a little span of time.

 

And when he is done, the deafening silence of his room is broken when the shattering sound of glass is heard.

 

He fell back on his bed.

 

He grasps the bed sheets fiercely and holds on to it…

 

His chest starts heaving…

 

Then he let out his tears…

 

And cries in agony, uttering the names of his wife and her daughter with so much longing from his heart.

 

-----------------

sorry for lame chapter :|