In the Triangle

Cupid's Ride

As Sungmin left the office, he scanned the school.  Everything was indoors and heated.  His eyes wandered in jealousy, since his own school didn't have a heater, despite those cold winter mornings.  Instead, they had to have their doors closed and nearly suffocate due to the mugginess of everyone's moist breaths combined with the closed room.

 

To say a few students were staring at Sungmin was an understatement.  In fact, it felt as though the whole school had eyes glued to him.  Although there were many couples in the school, most students had a single rose or some chocolates.  Sungmin, however, was equipped with two six-inch plush dolls, one mylar balloon, and two single roses in golden boxes.  A bunch of "oohs" and "ahhs" could be heard in the background, as one girl greedily spoke to her boyfriend and asked, "Why didn't I get something like that?" while turning away and pouting.

 

Sungmin made his way to room A-103.  To his surprise, he was greeted by a familiar teenager right outside the hall.

 

"You're from Flowerish right?"  The teenager glanced, as he immediately recognized his order.

 

"Erm, yes.  Are you Kim Jongin?  I have your two or-"

 

"Shhh!" Jongin interrupted.  "Both of them are in the room arguing about me again.  Things are cooling down though, so please, keep things down, hyung!"  Jongin pleaded.

 

A pinch of shock must have hit Sungmin's face, as Jongin merely smirked.  "You're not judging me, are you?" Jongin sneered.  "Anyway, this is your job, and it's not in your place to judge anyway.  Here, give me the bear, balloon, and rose.  You go and give the taller one his stuff.  Just bring him to the stairwell and say it's from me.  His name is Sehun, by the way."

 

Sungmin felt a lump in his throat.  He didn't exactly like the ploy that this younger male was pulling off, but he was right.  It wasn't his call, so his emotions couldn't get involved.  "Er, okay..." Sungmin said defeated, as he started walking in with the other rose and pink puppy.

 

"Um, Sehun?" Sungmin called out.

 

"Sup." Sehun gritted his teeth, as he raised his hand to show who he was, all without looking up.  Sehun clearly showed no respect for the elder, but Sungmin merely shrugged.  Next to him, a male with blonde hair could be seen with his head down.  It looked as if he were crying.  It looked as if this Sehun kid had made the blonde cry.

 

"Um can you come with me please?" Sungmin stated.  I want to punch this kid so hard right now.

 

"Yeah, sure man."  Sehun glanced up, his eyes suddenly taking notice to all of the Valentine's day goodies in the elder's hands.  Sehun's persona suddenly changed.  "Hyung, where are you taking me?"  Sehun's eyelashes fluttered together.

 

Sungmin was confused for a bit.  Was this kid bipolar?!  "I was told to bring you by the stairwell.  Please follow me."

 

Sehun obediently followed Sungmin.

 

~~~~~

 

Just as Sungmin and Sehun left the room, Jongin came twirling in.  "Hannie, baby!"  Jongin called.  "Luhan, where are you?"  The whole room rolled their eyes.  It was no secret that Jongin was a, for lack of better word, player.  Jongin saw a blonde boy shift in his seat, attempting to wipe away tears.

 

"Hannie!  What's wrong sweetie?" Jongin gasped as he placed his gifts down on the table and cupped the blonde's face in his hand, wiping the tears away.  He then pecked the crying boy's lips.

 

"I-I'm okay..." Luhan stuttered.  He forced a smile.

 

"Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day, baby!" Jongin smiled and gave Luhan the bear, a balloon, and a gold box.  "I love you so much!"

 

Luhan's smile became genuine.  "Th-thank you," was all he could muster before hugging his boyfriend tightly.  When he released his hug, he opened the box to reveal a single red rose.  Also inside the box was a mini card that Jongin had handwrote.

 

To my Hannie,

 

Thank you so much for being with me for these past five months.  You mean the absolute world to me, baby.  Please do not let anyone get in between us!  Please understand that Sehun is just my friend.  The rumors around the school are exactly what they are: rumors.  I love you, my precious Hannie.

 

<3 Jongin

 

Luhan smiled and pecked his boyfriend on the lips, while he suddenly whispered, "I love you."

 

~~~~~

 

When Sungmin and Sehun reached the stairwell, Sungmin sighed softly.  "These are for you, Sehun."

 

"Thank you hyung!" Sehun beamed.  "But who are these from?" Sehun glanced around pretending to be confused.  The younger obviously knew who they were from, and even worse, he knew exactly the kind of love game that was going on.  Sehun opened the gold box and found a yellow rose and a mini card that his admirer hand wrote.

 

Sehun-ah,

 

Thank you so much for being so patient with me these past two months.  It's hard on me to see Hannie suffer like this, but we three can't be together forever.  He needs to know that.  I love you, Hunnie-yah.  Don't ever forget that okay?  Also, please do not tell Hannie this was from me.

 

<3 Jongin

 

"Jongin hyung...saranghae." Sehun said barely above a whisper.  His lips curled into a slightly hurt smile.  Sehun knew that Jongin had feelings for both Luhan and himself, which is why Sehun and Luhan were no longer friends.  The fact that Jongin was tugging at both of their heartstrings was incredibly horrible, but Sehun did not want to let the elder go.  What's worse was Luhan didn't even know.

 

"I-I'm sorry, but I need to leave now.  Can you please sign here?" Sungmin pointed to the line he needed Sehun to sign on.  "I have more deliveries to do today," Sungmin bowed almost apologetically.  However, his heart was more hurt for the poor blonde that was left crying in the room, almost instantaneously clicking that the other arrangement Jongin bought was for him.

 

Sungmin frowned as he walked down the stairs.  He walked into the dreaded A-103 just as the bell was ringing, but was approached by Jongin.  Sungmin shot a glare at Jongin before asking, "I need Luhan to sign here to show he received the order."

 

"I'll sign for him.  He's feeling better now," Jongin smiled lightly, while signing the sheet.

 

Sungmin didn't say another word to Jongin.  He didn't deserve it.  Sungmin shot an emotionally apologetic look at the now smiling Luhan and walked out of the room.  He was fighting back his own tears at this point.

 

Le comment: FIRST OF ALL, I am so sorry to you Hunhan lovelies out there! ><'' trust me completely when I said my feels were super hurt writing this. Also Kai fans...please don't hate me! DDD: And neutral people, please don't hate Kai T^T I promise this was just a character! ><''

ALSO OMGS. I didn't expect to gain subscribers. LOL. 25 is a lot to me though, so thank you sososo much for reading/subscribing/commenting. I really appreciate it. <333