Assumptions

Cupid's Ride

Sungmin's ears couldn't believe what he had just heard.  Instead of saying anything, he awkwardly leaped out of the truck and went to grab the orders that were to be delivered to this location.  He hastily skimmed the clipboard for names. 

 

Like the last, there were two deliveries to be made at this location.  He quickly grabbed one single red rose with a cream-colored stuffed teddy bear, along with one mylar balloon.  With whatever room he had left in that hand, he also grabbed a single red rose with a pink stuffed puppy.  Looking at the list again, he closed the trunk and started to head toward the school, leaving a confused and slightly hurt male in the driver's seat.

 

~~~~~

 

Kyuhyun immediately regretted the decision to come out to Sungmin.  He barely knew the guy; they were only doing deliveries together for an hour or so, and suddenly, he felt like the two were buddy-buddy enough?  Was he out of his mind?  Kyuhyun slammed his head on the steering wheel at that thought.

 

BEEEEEP!

 

The male jumped at his seat startled.  Clearly, he conveniently forgot that the horn was right there.  This is reaaally going to be a long day.  Kyuhyun ran his fingers through his hair and let out a deep sigh.

 

"Yah!  You can't park here if you don't have a permit!  Staff parking only!"  A chubby male in an officer's suit came charging at Kyuhyun's truck.

 

Great, can things get any worse?

 

"Sir, you can't park here unless you work at the school," the chubby security guard stated sternly.

 

Kyuhyun glanced up at the male staring him down.  "I'm sorry, sir, but I'll only be here for a short while if that's alright?  I work for a florist and we have two deliveries here."  Kyuhyun flashed the security guard the schedule with the listed names.

 

The security guard, whose name tag read "Shin Donghee" glanced carefully at the list.  "Sooo, you work for Flowerish, eh?  Damn it!  I forgot Valentine's day again?  My girlfriend's going to kill me."  Donghee sighed in defeat.  "Yah, okay because you're here to make people happy, I will let this slide," the security stated.

 

"Thank you," Kyuhyun stated curtly, "And don't worry about it, I'm sure your girlfriend will forgive you."  He flashed a slightly forced smile.

 

Donghee smiled in return.  "Thank you, sir.  Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you have a great day."

 

As sincere as those words were, Kyuhyun couldn't help but to feel like a needle was poking at him.  He not only lacked a Valentine, but he also made his coworker feel incredibly awkward a few minutes prior, by coming out to him.  Kyuhyun sighed again and laid his seat down as he waited for the deliverer to return.

 

~~~~~

 

Sungmin walked toward the office of the school, just as the time on his watch read 7:30.  The school bell is to ring at 8:00, so he had smiled in relief, knowing that they were right on schedule.  Sungmin walked through glass doors of the office and got to the counter, where he encountered one of the school's office aids boasting about her morning.

 

"She was sooo excited to eat the breakfast I worked all night on," the short female beamed.  "She was almost late for work too.  She just drank her soup so lovingly..." a hint of pink flashed on the female's face, as she heard the glass doors shut.  This caused the female to turn around.

 

"Oh excuse me, miss," Sungmin bowed as he spoke.  "Do you know where I can find Miss erm, Kim Hyoyeon's room?" Sungmin read, as the schedule stated that his deliveries were to be brought there.

 

"Yes, of course!  Her room is out this door," the female pointed, "take a right and it will be the 3rd door on your left.  Room number...A-103."  The female was still smiling brightly.

 

"Th-thank you, miss, umm, I didn't catch your name," Sungmin sincerely said, bowing once again.

 

The short female let out a chuckle.  "Ah, I am Miss Kim, but you may call me Taeyeon."

 

Le comment:  Another short one guys! <3 But I made a deal with myself that if I finished at least chapter __ (haha yeah, not saying :D), that I would double update today. AND GUESS WHAT?! I did it! :D So expect another update well, probably in like 12 hours. :P But oh, Taeyeon. (; I wonder who she's talking about? EHEHEHE.