It Was Fate

Cupid's Ride

Oh God, he hates me.  He doesn't see me like that.  , I'm so stupid.  Kyuhyun, took a bite of his meal, as the two sat and ate in silence. 

 

Kyuhyun likes me?!  How can he just say things so easily?  What is this?  Why is my heart beating so erratically?  Sungmin sipped his soup.  He put his spoon down and glanced over at the awkwardly silent Kyuhyun.  "Did you want to try?"

 

Kyuhyun jumped in his seat, slightly startled.  "E-excuse me?"

 

Sungmin pointed to his soup.

 

"O-okay, I'll have a bite.  Did you want to try some of this?" Kyuhyun pointed to his food.

 

"Sure, that sounds good."  The two males swapped dishes, as they both savored a bite from the unfamiliar tastes in front of them.

 

"Mm, this is good," they said in unison, causing the awkwardness to ease a bit.

 

If Sungmin doesn't say anything about what he just read, I'll be quiet.  I'd rather have him as a friend than nothing at all.  Kyuhyun's mind was racing, as they continued to eat.

 

After about half an hour, the two were done eating.  They opted to not have dessert, since the dinner itself was rather costly.  After a good five minutes of arguing for the check, Kyuhyun won, and paid for the meal, claiming, "Remember that race in Chinatown?  I didn't pay for our lunch, so I should pay for dinner."  Kyuhyun attempted his aegyo once again, making Sungmin give in and playfully cringe at the sight.  Kyuhyun threw his arms up victoriously and stuck his tongue out at the shorter in the process.

 

"Anyway, we still have one more delivery, Min.  We can't take our time!" Kyuhyun quickly shot up from the table and was about to leave.

 

"Wait..." Sungmin grabbed Kyuhyun's arm, forcing him to stay at the table.

 

Kyuhyun's heart stopped at that moment.  He froze nervously, as he turned to face the shorter.

 

Sungmin grabbed the bag from Kyuhyun and pulled out the last remaining gold box from the bag.  It was equipped with a blue ribbon.  Sungmin gently brushed his thumb against the box, and inhaled deeply, followed by a long exhale.  "This is for you.  Hae couldn't do exactly what I planned, but I hope you like it."

 

Kyuhyun's eyes widened in shock.  He thought he had been the only one to plan something like this.  But what was in this box?  What if Sungmin actually just hated him and all that was in there were dead flowers and an "I hate you" note?

 

"Yah!  You're scaring me.  Just open it please?" Sungmin pleaded, hoping Kyuhyun wouldn't reject his gift.

 

Like Sungmin did, Kyuhyun carefully lifted the cover off the golden box.  Kyuhyun stared in awe at the contents of the box, before a chuckle escaped his curved lips.

 

"What's so funny?" Sungmin was worried that Donghae had screwed up the order.

 

"Remember when you said we match super well?  Then, what you said in the car when we were playing that game.  When you quoted Park Bom, do you remember that too?"

 

Sungmin nodded.

 

"I agree with all of it."  At that statement, Kyuhyun pulled out the first of the contents in his golden box.  Like Sungmin's, the first thing Kyuhyun saw was two white carnations, flowers only, pinned together into the shape of an all too familiar bunny.  Kyuhyun's bunny too, had the black beady eyes, the dark pink nose, and the whiskers.  Kyuhyun then caught sight of the beautiful single white rose in his box.  He had noticed that Donghae had spray painted the edges with blue, which was Kyuhyun's favorite color.  He genuinely smiled at the sight of it, and slid off the tag that was attached to the stem of the rose.  He slowly opened the tag and read it to himself.

 

Kyu,

 

I really don't know what to write here, because you made me feel all these emotions at the same time.  You went from caring and formal, to sweet, to , then back to sweet all in one day.  You made my emotions run wild and I never knew what to expect.  But somehow, I liked it.  I enjoyed spending time with you today.  I hope you like your gift! ^_^V

 

<3 Min

 

Kyuhyun's stomach fluttered with butterflies as he read each handwritten word carefully.  Sungmin got me a gift.  Sungmin wrote this.  And it's all just for me.

 

"Did you like it?" Sungmin asked worriedly.

 

"I loved it Min, thank you." Kyuhyun held back tears of joy.

 

"Oh, great!" Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun tightly, as the pair both let a few tears flow from their cheeks.  It was a mixture of joy and relief.  Sungmin loosened the hug and glanced up at Kyuhyun's eyes.  "And Kyu?"

 

"Hmm?" Kyu smiled cheekily at the shorter.

 

"I like you too." Sungmin smiled and nuzzled his head into the taller's chest.

 

Kyuhyun breathed a sigh of relief.  As Sungmin glanced up for the second time, Kyuhyun released one arm from the shorter's waist and placed his index finger under Sungmin's chin.  He closed his eyes and leaned in and brought his lips toward the shorter's m-shaped lips.  It was a soft and gentle brush, that was accompanied by very strong emotions.  

 

It felt as though everything the two men encountered throughout the day had happened for a reason.  Sungmin standing up for Kyuhyun and himself.  Seeing those massage parlor guys confessing to each other in the most adorable manner.  Seeing those diner coworkers gift each other the same thing unknowingly.  It was fate.

 

After a few moments of embrace, the two males released each other.  As the waiter came in to give Kyuhyun his receipt, Kyuhyun asked, "Excuse me, but do you mind taking a picture of us?"

 

Youngwoon smiled politely.  "Sure!"  Kyuhyun handed the waiter his phone, as both males reached for their bunnies.  Kyuhyun held his bunny with his left hand, while Sungmin held his with his right.  Both men used their free hands to hold each other close.

 

"Smile!" Youngwoon hollered cheerfully.  "1, 2, 3!" click.  Youngwoon handed the phone back to Kyuhyun as he walked away.

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin glanced at the photo taken by the waiter.  It was perfect.

 

"This will be the first of many pictures together." Kyuhyun smiled, as he kissed the shorter's forehead.

 

"I'm looking forward to it." Sungmin grinned happily.  He had never been more thankful in his life to his best friend.

 

As the two males headed out of the restaurant completely satisfied, they caught a glimpse of two foreign hotel guests in the same room.

 

"Wow, gege this is awesome!  I love it!" Henry puffed up his cheeks and held the tri-colored mochi flower arrangement to his face.  The top layer was full of pink carnations, the middle was yellow, and the bottom was green.

 

"I'm glad you like it, my Henry dahhhling," Zhou Mi beamed.  "Take a picture, take a picture!" he smiled and hastily handed his phone to, of all people, Kyuhyun. 

 

Kyuhyun was slightly taken aback, since he was off the clock by now.  However, because the flower boy was in such a good mood, he didn't protest at all.  "Smile!" Kyuhyun snapped a photo of Henry holding his mochi flower arrangement, while he and Zhou Mi pretended to take a bite from each end.

 

"Thank you, gege!" Henry smiled and slapped Kyuhyun's rear.

 

"Yah!" Sungmin was startled at this motion, since well, Kyuhyun was his for the night.

 

"Mm?  I thought that's what Koreans do?" Henry gave the pair a puzzled look, puffing out his cheeks yet again.

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun's faces warmed up at that reaction, knowing full well that Henry wasn't trying to offend anyone.  The pair bowed and took their leave hand in hand, letting the two Chinese males enjoy their meal.

 

Le comment: SQUEE SQUEE! :DDD DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS :))) also, because I know in some parts of the world, it's Feb 14th!!! :D ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT GUYSSS! Which the end is pretty much kinda lame, sorry. I could have added it here, but whatever! <333