Scandalous

Cupid's Ride

An awkward, gloomy silence hovered over this gray truck, as the shimmer and shine of it seemed to have disappeared.  To no surprise, the car fell silent once again.  The good news was that it was only 10:45 and they were ten minutes away from their first stop.

 

"M-min?" Kyuhyun glanced over to see an ever so silent Sungmin staring unhappily out the window.  No answer.

 

"Sungmin, please.  I'm sorry."  Still no answer.

 

"Sungmin, really.  What do you want me to say?  I wasn't thinking straight."

 

Suddenly, Sungmin turned around to shoot a spine-chilling glare in Kyuhyun's direction.  "Sure as hell you weren't."

 

"I-I'm really sor-"

 

"You can't think straight, because you're gay!" Sungmin's m-shaped pout suddenly curled up into a smile.  It's as though this comment and smile made the truck shine from gray to shimmering silver once again.

 

"YAH!" Kyuhyun fumed.  "How long were you faking it?!  Tch, jerk."

 

"I told you I was good at acting, Kyuhyun." Sungmin sang.  "I really was mad at Hae's house though..." Sungmin pouted for a second.

 

"I'm sorry, Min." Kyuhyun smiled in a mixture of defeat and relief.  He was just so thrilled that Sungmin was giving him a second chance.

 

"Aish.  Stop being sorry and just help me with this delivery.  I'm unfamiliar with Chinatown." Sungmin nudged Kyuhyun's shoulder as he got shifted the gear into park.

 

~~~~~

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin each carried one box as they entered a quaint little massage parlor.  As they entered, the shorter caught a glimpse of the Mandarin Today headline, equipped with a large photograph.  "Heechul hyung?!"

 

Hangeng Scandal!

 

"What is it Min?" Kyuhyun instinctively put his hand on the shorter's shoulder.

 

"Th-that's my coworker!  The bossy one that, that I just saw last night!  I didn't know he was--"

 

"Gay?"

 

"Nooo!  He, okay he's really annoying, rude, and sarcastic...wow, he sounds a lot like you, Kyuhyun!"  Kyuhyun shot a cold stare at Sungmin.  "No, what I'm trying to say is, he isn't the type to just, well, he's really good at covering his tracks, if you know what I mean," Sungmin rambled.  "What does it even say?  I can barely read Mandarin.  Can you read it and explain?  Waaait, I really don't want to know."  Sungmin was really losing it.  He's known Heechul since high school, and he knew that Heechul had been famous idol Hangeng's number one fanboy, at least since freshman year.  He knew Heechul got VIP access to one of Hangeng's concerts, but he didn't quite expect this as the VIP treatment.

 

"Never mind, Min.  Let's just go.  We have work to do." Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and threw him a bright smile.

 

~~~~~

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin walked toward the back of the room, where a tall, Chinese man was talking to a customer.  He stared over at the pair and said something in Mandarin, before continuing his conversation with his customer, suddenly looking a bit startled. 

 

This time, the customer turned around.  He too had a startled, deer in the headlights look.  The worker ruffled his hair, before excusing himself from the customer and literally dragged both Sungmin and Kyuhyun away, leaving his customer confused.

 

The employee started to shout something in Mandarin.  When both Sungmin and Kyuhyun gave the taller male confused looks, the taller sighed and realized that they couldn't understand a word he was saying.

 

"I'm so sorry.  I completely forgot you are a Korean company."  The employee, whose tag read "Kris" gave the pair a smile, though his angry eyebrows hardly made it look convincing.

 

"E-excuse me, who are you?" Sungmin asked in confusion, gripping the lily box tightly.  He knew they were in the right place, but there was no order for a guy named Kris.

 

"Oh so sorry!" Kris bowed.  "I am Wu Yi Fan.  I ordered the stargazer lilies."  He spoke with a slight accent, but it was definitely understandable.  Kris glanced at the counter, where he was once standing, only to realize his customer was no longer standing there.  Kris' expression became a little sad as he whispered, "I think he left."

 

"Yah!  You!  I ordered from you, but why aren't you talking to me?" another male approached the pair, as Kris' face softened in relief.  "Wait, why are there two boxes?  I only ordered one!" the other male stood there puzzled, with his eyes shifting back an forth between the delivery men and the other Chinese male.

 

"Zitao, these are for you." Kris absentmindedly gave the other, black-haired male a golden box.  He bowed to avoid eye contact.  It's as if he wanted to get this embarrassing situation over with.  How could my own customer feel this way about me?  Am I crazy?

 

"Yooou, Kris gege!" the younger's eyes filled with joy.  "Why did you buy me these?"

 

"Happy Valentine's Day Tao.  I-I like you a lot." Kris confessed, still avoiding eye contact.

 

The younger, Tao, dropped the box in shock.  Kris' body tensed up as he heard the box drop, and one pink lily fell out of the box and to the ground.  He turned to walk away toward the counter, feeling rejected.  He held back, as tears fought to escape his eyes.

 

"W-wait.  Gege, I-I got s-something for you." Tao motioned for Kyuhyun to give him.  Kyuhyun revealed the mix of yellow carnations and white daisies.

 

Kris' eyes lit up, as his back was still facing the three men.  As he turned around, a warm smile of relief crossed his face, knowing all too well that this man just might reciprocate his feelings.  Kris stuck his hand out to grab the flowers, when Tao quickly snatched them from Kyuhyun.  Staring in confusion, Tao walked up to Kris and stared him straight in the eye and asked, "Gege, would you like to go out tonight?" his normally dark, mysterious face lighted up in the brightest smile Kris had ever seen the man make.

 

Kris kissed Tao on the forehead forcefully.  "I thought you'd never ask."

 

Le comment:  This one was slightly rushed. ;A; I wrote in the middle of doing my homework, since inspiration hit. I AM SO SORRY! /mental headdesk BUT TAORIS AND HANCHUL ARE AWESOME.  SO ARE YOU READERS/SUBSCRIBERS/COMMENTERS<333  THE END.