Clean Slate

Cupid's Ride

Sungmin and Kyuhyun sat cuddled with each other for a few surreal moments.  Suddenly, Sungmin felt his phone vibrate, snapping him back into reality.  "Kyu, we have work to do!  Let's go!"  Sungmin quickly brushed Kyuhyun's arms, making the latter sigh in a hint of sadness.  Kyuhyun knew that they had work to do, but having the shorter passenger in his arms like that was the best part of his day.  Well, except that kiss.

 

The delivery men quickly leaped out of the truck.  They were parked next to an identical truck, signaling that Hyukjae had come home early from work.  The pair walked up to Donghae and Hyukjae's place, ready to finish up their deliveries for the day.  According to their list, there were three more to do before their long, exhausting day was finally over.  A hint of sadness loomed in the air, as the two realized that after these three deliveries, they might not ever spend time like this together again.

 

For business purposes, the house door was left unlocked.  "Yah we're -- oh my gosh guys, my eyes burn!" Kyuhyun caught Hyukjae furiously groping Donghae from behind, both mens' eyes filled with a mixture of love and lust.  All the while, Sungmin stood silent, lost in thought and completely unaware of what Kyuhyun was yelling about.

 

"Oh shut it, Kyu," Hyukjae snapped.  "I have needs too, you know.  I mean I can't even spend the day with Hae, because he's stuck doing all this business stuff with you and Sungmin." Hyukjae playfully glared at the two flower boys.

 

"Baby, stop!  You'll have me in a few hours.  We have plans you know!" Donghae pecked his lover lightly on the lips, resulting in yet another cringe from Kyuhyun.  Donghae glanced back at his workers.  Noticing Sungmin was still unresponsive, Donghae frowned.  "Min, are you alright?"

 

Sungmin's head whizzed up.  "What, Hae.  Did you say something?  Sorry.  I uh--I was distracted." Sungmin smiled lightly, focusing only on his best friend.

 

"He was just asking if you were alright, Min." Hyukjae stated.

 

"Uhm, yeah I'm fine." Sungmin stated curtly, suddenly looking down.  Sensing there was something wrong, Donghae pulled Sungmin aside.

 

~~~~~

 

"Min, something's wrong.  Why are you so distracted?" Hae brushed his best friend's arm in concern.

 

"Really, I'm fine.  Oh, did you get the ord--"

 

"Yes, it's done.  Shhh, let's not ruin the surprise!" Donghae beamed in happiness.  "I had to make a few changes to the orders though, since I ran out of everything you wanted.  Oh, write the tag for him now, okay?  This will be one of your deliveries; your last delivery to be exact.  Just keep it a secret OKAY!"

 

"O-okay, Hae.  But, how can we sneak it in?  If we make a fourth stop, Kyu will get suspicious." Min whispered barely audibly.  He didn't want this surprise to be ruined.  He didn't want to disappoint the one guy who made him feel so comfortable, so loved?  Was it even okay to call this love?

 

"Don't worry, Min.  I got it all taken care of.  Just write out the tag, okay?  I'll explain to Kyu that," Donghae winked, "we had last minute orders.  Let me pull him outside." 

 

Donghae walked back into the room Kyuhyun and his boyfriend were awkwardly conversing.  If talking about summoning dinosaurs to attack those homophobic s counted as a...normal conversation.

 

"Babe, can you go and keep an eye on Sungmin?  I need to talk to Kyu about the last round of deliveries."

 

Hyukjae nodded and walked out of the room he was in and into an adjacent room.

 

~~~~~

 

"Hey." Hyukjae tried to make conversation with Sungmin.  The latter jumped slightly, not realizing he had been sharing the room with anyone.

 

"Damnit Hyukjae, you scared me." Sungmin replied sternly.  He didn't bother making eye contact with the former, and kept on writing.

 

"My bad."

 

"It's fine."

 

A spine-chilling awkward haze flooded the room.  Sungmin had just finished writing when Hyukjae spoke yet again.

 

"Hyung, are you going to be like this toward me forever?"

 

"What are you talking about?" Sungmin glanced at Hyukjae for the first time, his eyes slightly filled with pain.

 

"What I mean is, ever since I met you," Sungmin shot a glare at Hyukjae.  "I-I mean, ever since we were reunited in each others' lives, you've been so distant.  I miss the old Min.  The happy-go-lucky Min who would have a smile on his face, no matter what."

 

Hyukjae and Sungmin had known each other since high school.  Donghae, being the oblivious fish as he is, did not put two and two together, so he did not realize this.  Sungmin and Hyukjae had belonged to the same friend group, despite Sungmin not being a part of the dance team like Hyukjae.  Hyukjae had introduced Sungmin to the team, which consisted of three other males and two females.  For whatever reason, reasons that both men refused to mention, the group of friends divided into two separate groups, and have not been very close ever since.

 

"Why are you bringing up the past?" Sungmin's eyes started to fill with tears of frustration.  "Tch, I don't want to think about it, but I don't want to make things weird between your boyfriend and you.  Can we please just drop it?"

 

"You're right.  Sorry Min.  Especially, now that I see that there is a special person in your life that's making you smile like you used to." Hyukjae grinned lightly at the sight of seeing Sungmin's tense body loosen up.  "It's been awhile since you've been happy over a boy." Hyukjae's tone was apologetic.

 

"Stop feeling sorry for me, Hyukjae.  Please." Sungmin practically begged.  "I'm only trying, because Donghae is my best friend.  I won't jeopardize that friendship for the world, so for that reason, let's just wipe the slate clean."

 

Hyukjae breathed a sigh of relief.  "Deal."  This was the first time in years that Sungmin spoke this many words to Hyukjae, even though Sungmin saw his best friend's boyfriend on a regular basis.  At that, the two promised not to bring up their past in front of Donghae.

 

"Oh, and Min?"  Sungmin glanced up at the now relaxed Hyukjae.  "Thank you for trying.  I'm glad you love Donghae enough to put his feelings above yours.  I'm sorry."

 

"Aish, pabo~" Sungmin smirked.  "Stop apologizing already!  Clean slate!" Sungmin rolled his eyes at Hyukjae, as both of them were seen walking back into the room accompanied by Donghae and Kyuhyun.

 

~~~~~

 

In the meantime...

 

"Yah, Kyu!  I need to talk to you.  Let's go outside." Donghae playfully punched Kyuhyun's shoulder as the two headed outside.

 

As they made it outside, Kyuhyun was beaming.  "Did you make it, Hae?"

 

"Oh, look at you all happy," Donghae teased.

 

"Shut it, Hae." Kyu glared at Donghae, only making the latter laugh even harder at his failed attempt to look mad.

 

"Anyway, I told Sungmin we had a last minute order, so let's keep this our little secret, okay?" Donghae grinned in excitement.  "Plus, this is the first time in awhile that Sungmin has been this happy about someone.  Don't ruin it, Mr. Kiss-and-Tell."

 

Kyuhyun blushed slightly at that comment.  He really didn't mean to blurt out what he and Sungmin shared; he was just frustrated that Sungmin started to act weird.  "Can I see it?  I want to make sure it's perfect."

 

"NO!" Donghae almost yelled.  He ruffled his hair and regained his composure.  "I mean, I couldn't quite do what you wanted, so I made it a surprise.  I promise Minnie will like it, but please...do not peek!"

 

"Aish, alright.  I'll just write the tag now then."  Kyuhyun wrote the tag out rather quickly, seeming to know exactly what he wanted to tell his partner.  Kyuhyun looked up.  "Oh, by the way, did you --"

 

"Taken care of." Donghae's lips curved up.  As Kyuhyun finished the writing, Donghae took the tag, ready to stuff it into the secret gift.  The florist couldn't stop himself from grinning like a maniac, as the two walked back into the house, ready to load up for the last round of deliveries.

 

Le comment: Ohohoho. Glad everyone is working things out...and yay for matchmaker Hae! :DDD If any of you are wondering...I will not admit to whether Hyukkie and Minnie are exes or not. I left it for your imagination...so let it run wild! <333 So share with me your thoughts guys! I wanna know! Who do YOU think Minnie's ex was? :o

ALSOOO, I outlined a new story! But wow, it's totally different from this...fluffy, sweet goodness! ;3 ILY ALL!

Also also ~ I noticed I lost some subscribers D: I'm sad to see things didn't go in their favor, but I really truly appreciate you all who comment and stay subscribed, even if things aren't exactly how you like them. Really. I mean it. /end authornim fluffy scene

AND CUT! :D /running on too little sleep so I'm being weird! NAPPIE TIME GOOO!