Sunny Afternoon

Cupid's Ride

"Are you sure you can do this delivery yourself, Min?" Kyuhyun asked, asked as he sat in the parked car.

 

"Aish, do you not trust me, Kyu?  I'll be fine ~" Sungmin roared happily, grabbing a vase of a dozen red roses.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and smiled.  Somehow, he felt a thousand times closer to Sungmin than he did a mere six hours ago.  He glanced at his phone, as another sparkle glistened in his eyes.  He hastily dialed Donghae's number.

 

"H-hello?  Kyu?  Is everything alright?" Donghae sounded exhausted, but he knew he couldn't take a nap, since people were also picking up their orders.

 

Ignoring the question, Kyuhyun continued, "What kind of flowers do you have left?"

 

"What?  Why?  Did we mess something up?"

 

"No, but I would like to place an order."

 

Donghae had a sudden change in demeanor.  "Oh reallyyy?  Who for?"

 

"That's not important right now, Hae.  Can you please just help me?"

 

"Fine, fine.  What do you need?"

 

"I'd like three pink roses in a vase.  If you have any lilies or daisies left, can you add some?  Whichever you'd like better, but I think I saw Min's eyes glow at the stargazer box arrangement.  Oh, and I'd also want a stuffed bunny too."

 

"Ahhhhh, for Min?  Really?" Donghae gushed.

 

"Aw, shiiiiit."  Clearly, Kyuhyun needed to stop thinking about Sungmin so often.  "Yeah, okay you got me.  But do me another favor please."

 

"Sure, Kyu!  What is it?"

 

~~~~~

 

I can't believe that guy.  He listened to me vent about my past relationship, without a single judgment.  He just sat there and comforted me.  And...I liked it.

 

Sungmin's heart was suddenly racing at these thoughts.  He definitely needed to talk to someone about his problems, and he knew exactly who to turn to.  He glanced at his watch.  1:20.  Perfect.  School gets out at 2:00, so he knew the last 15 minutes or so were used to calm the students down.  He had to deliver these flowers to one of his good high school friends anyway.  Well, he hoped they were close enough to hold this conversation, as he didn't know who else to turn to, since his best friend was busy doing...well, flower stuff.

 

Sungmin walked through the campus office to grab a quick visitor pass.  "Where is Ms. Lee Soonkyu's class?" he had asked out loud.

 

"I'm sorry?" an office staff member, asked, not realizing Sungmin was speaking to her.

 

"Ms. Lee Soonkyu.  Where is her room?" Sungmin repeated, still a bit distracted by his thoughts.

 

"Ah, my apologies!  Ms. Lee is a 1st grade teacher.  She is just down the hall, second door on the right.  The building number is A-4."

 

"Thank you." Sungmin bowed, as he walked toward the classroom.  He glanced at his watch again. 1:25.  He checked the schedule, in order to note when their next delivery was.  Great, not until 3:00.  Sungmin sighed in relief.  He had to talk to Soonkyu about this before his heart exploded.

 

~~~~~

 

A knock was heard on Ms. Lee's classroom, as Sungmin entered.  The students stared in awe, as Sungmin handed her the flowers, equipped with a tag.  Various whispers could be heard from the students in her class.

 

"Ms. Lee, is that your boyfriend?" one student asked.

 

"Ms. Leeeeeee, your boyfriend is so cute!" another girl stated.  Sungmin could only smile as the students had him mistaken for his friend's boyfriend.

 

"Class, I would like you to say hi to Mr. Lee Sungmin."

 

"Hiii Mr. Leeeee!" the class chanted in unison.

 

"Mr. Lee!  You and Ms. Lee have the same surname.  Are you two married?" a student asked, causing both adults to laugh.

 

"N-no, kids.  Ms. Lee is just a very good friend of mine.  I work for a flower company and brought this to her to make her happy.  Is Ms. Lee lots of fun when she's happy?" Sungmin asked joyfully.

 

"Yeeeees!" the students sang in unison.

 

"Class, it is now 1:35.  Please start to put away your assignments and draw in your art journal, while I talk to Mr. Lee, okay?  Please, no talking.  Thank you very much!" Soonkyu smiled, as she turned to talk to Sungmin.

 

"Sungmin, these are beautiful!" Soonkyu stated, as she grabbed the tag out of the flowers.  She blushed, as she read who they were from.  Across the hall, she caught a glimpse of the other 1st grade teacher, Ms. Choi Sooyoung. 

 

To My Aegyo Queen,

 

Please only be mine forever.  Happy Valentine's Day! ^_^V

 

<3 Shikshin

 

P.S. Thank you for the barrel of kimchi.  That is the best gift I ever got!  I hope it lasts long!

 

"Awww Sunny, are you blushing?" Sungmin pried.

 

"Shut up, oppa." Soonkyu pouted.  Aegyo king versus aegyo queen is a very tough battle to judge.

 

"Aish, Sunny." Sungmin smirked.  "Oh, by the way..do you have a minute?"

 

"Sure, Min.  What's the matter?" Soonkyu put her arrangement down on the table.

 

"I'm, er..I--uh, want to talk to you about a boy." Sungmin blushed as he stuttered.

 

Soonkyu raised an eyebrow.  "Reaaally?  You haven't talked to me about a boy since --"

 

"Tch!  Yah, that's not the point.  I'm worried I actually like him, Sunny."

 

"What's the problem then?" Soonkyu shrugged.

 

"Well, don't you see what today is?" Sungmin sighed.

 

"So, why don't you buy something from Hae?" Soonkyu suggested.

 

Sungmin's face lit up at that suggestion.  A frown followed soon after.  "I don't know what he likes."

 

"Well, figure it out before the deliveries end.  Then maybe you can work something -- excuse me class, please be quiet.  I know you're excited for the end of the day, but please settle down!" Soonkyu turned away from Sungmin.  "I'm sorry, Min.  I have to go back to work.  I hope everything works out this time around!"  Soonkyu smiled at Sungmin.

 

"Thank you Sunny." Sungmin flashed a bright smile back in her direction.  "And Sunny?"

 

"I forgive you." Soonkyu said, practically reading her best guy friend's mind. "Just don't let this one mess with our friendship, okay?" Soonkyu pinched Sungmin's nose before walking away.

 

Sungmin turned to walk out the door.  "I promise."

 

Le comment: I haven't been writing lately, so I can't promise daily stuff! BUT I WILL HAVE IT DONE BY VDAY I PROMISE <333 loving the love. And yay Sunsun friendship :DDD