BFs and BFFs

Cupid's Ride

Sungmin grabbed two mylar balloons as well as a vase with a dozen roses out of the trunk.  He insisted that he didn't need any help, since Donghae designated specific jobs to each of them.

 

Min, you're the designated deliverer, so you're in charge of making sure each item is accurately given to the right person.  Kyu is the designated driver, so he will keep the car nice and cool so that the flowers don't wither.  Got it?

 

Sungmin recalled the exact words Donghae had spoken to him just about half an hour prior.  He grabbed the clipboard that listed all of his and Kyuhyun's clients for the day.  The short brunette glanced up at the building before him, in awe of the beautiful glass elevators it looked to have.  He walked forward along the cement sidewalk that met with tiled flooring with the order in hand.  Thank goodness for automatic doors, he thought.  Sungmin quickly pressed the up button on the elevator.  Within ten seconds, it arrived with a ding.  The lonely elevator openly welcomed the brunette in, as he stepped in to press the button for the 5th floor.  Just as the door was closing, the clanking of heels hitting the floor could be heard.

 

"Yah, please hold the elevator oppa!" A woman's voice bellowed as she ran for the same welcoming elevator as Sungmin did.  His lips curled up as he reached for the open door button.

 

"Thank you so much!  Ah, I thought I was going to be late for work because my uh-," the woman stuttered, "WHOA!  Those flowers are beautiful!  And the balloons, so cute!  Oh, I'm sorry, the name is Miyoung, by the way."  The female flashed a huge smile as she glanced over, still in awe of the Valentine's day gifts Sungmin was holding before him.

 

"Nice to meet you, Miyoung!  I'm Sungmin and this order was created by my friend Donghae, through his company, Flowerish.  I'm just the deliverer."  The male smiled back.  "Do you work here?"

 

"Wow, daebak! Yes, I work on the 5th floor. I see you're going there now!"  Miyoung's eyes glistened as she dropped the formal speech.  "Oooh, I wonder who it's for!"  Miyoung's smile beamed so bright that it was contagious.

 

Sungmin smiled back and asked, "Do you know a Kim Kibum?"

 

Miyoung hiccupped at the sound of that name.  "Do I know him?!  He's my best friend's boyfriend!  Say hello to cupid's associate!"  The female gave Sungmin a slight nudge.

 

Ding.

 

Miyoung got off the elevator first, followed by a slightly lost Sungmin.  "Come here, oppa!"  Miyoung sang as she happily waltzed to this Kibum's office.

 

"Kibummie!  Yah, where are you?  I got a surprise for you!"  Miyoung belted just below a yell.

 

About half a minute later, a clean cut male in a white long-sleeved collared shirt came out.  His hair was neatly sideswept and he wore glasses with thick black frames.  "Fany, we are at work.  Please keep your voice down."  Kibum gave Miyoung a light smile to which she rolled her eyes to.

 

"But Bummie, I found Sungmin oppa looking for you!"  Miyoung pointed to Sungmin as Kibum slowly stared at the shorter brunette male.

 

"Hello, sir.  My name is Kim Kibum.  Were you looking for me?"  Kibum flashed a pearly white smile at Sungmin.

 

"Oh, yes," Sungmin fumbled with the clipboard and order in hand, "These are from someone very special.  Happy Valentine's Day courtesy of Flowerish!"  The delivery boy quickly handed over the roses and one mylar balloon. 

 

Kibum stared at everything in awe, unable to grasp that this was for him.  He quickly noticed the tag hidden within the roses and a warm, toothy smile beamed from cheek to cheek.  "They're from Wonnie," he mumbled, trying to contain his emotion.

 

"I knew it!"  Miyoung was beaming that ever so contagious eye smile.  "No need to thank me, Bummie.  Wonnie is such a romantic."  She almost looked as if she wanted to jump for joy, knowing exactly how her best friend thinks.

 

Kibum looked at Miyoung and smiled.  "He really is.  I owe you so much for getting us together, Fany.  You're the best."

 

"Apparently this Wonnie person thinks so too.  Miyoung, this is for you."  Sungmin smiled as he handed over the second mylar balloon with a tag tied onto it.

 

"I love you, best friend.  Thank you for everything!  Kibum and I would be nothing without you.  Love Siwon."  Miyoung's eyes glistened as she read the note aloud.  She knew Siwon inside and out, but this was still a surprise.

 

"Uh, er, if that is all, could I have you two sign here please?  This is to confirm you received your orders."  Sungmin coughed, feeling hints of awkwardness in the room once again.

 

He got the two coworkers to sign and he headed for the exit.  He didn't have to wait long before a silver truck pulled up for him.

 

Le comment: Chapter especially for soneelf249 based off her tastebuds, since I promised a double.  I hope that even though it's not exactly how you like things, your biases are here! :DDD <3 Also, I forgot to say this earlier, but thank you for the kind words so far. D: I was so worried that I'd be bashed LOOOL /hugs ~ ~ ~