Bacon and Eggs

Cupid's Ride

As the bell on the door chimed the entrance of new customers, a tall, cute male with curly brown hair approached the front.  He seemed to be the host of the diner.  "Hi, welcome to Exotic Cafe.  My name is Chanyeol.  How may I assist you today?" the tall male seemed to be in a bubbly mood, beaming from cheek to cheek.

 

"Hi!  We're with Flowerish and this is for-"

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he quickly rushed the pair aside.  He looked back and forth at the two males, slightly confused as to why they had two boxes in their hands.  Regardless of that fact, he didn't want his crush's surprise to be ruined.  "Please follow me." Chanyeol stated barely above a whisper.

 

The two flower boys were dragged outside, as Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief.  "Phew, that was close!  I thought you two were going to ruin my surprise for Baekkie."  Chanyeol was lost in thought for a short bit before looking puzzled at the pair of delivery boys.  "Why do you have two boxes?"

 

"Well you see, we have-"

 

"Yeollie!  What are you doing?  We have customers to tend to!"

 

As the door outside the cozy diner rang open, a shorter brunette male dressed in a white collared shirt and dark blue skinny jeans came out.  His eyes fixated on taller male before wandering off to a pair of still-confused flower delivery boys.  The shorter male, presumably nicknamed "Baekkie" stared for a few seconds before widening his eyes.  "What's going on?"

 

Chanyeol mentally face-palmed, while the taller of the two delivery boys spoke.  "Hi, we are with Flowerish.  You must be," Kyuhyun double checked the clipboard, "Baekhyun, correct?" He flashed a smile with the now panic stricken male.

 

"Nothing's going on hyung," Chanyeol attempted to get the younger to go back into the cafe, but Baekhyun stood his ground.

 

"And why didn't you two come to me first?" Baekhyun looked disappointed as he glanced at Chanyeol, leaving the latter slightly confused.

 

"Please let us do our jobs." Sungmin was starting to get slightly annoyed by the two males constantly interrupting his partner, but smiled politely anyway.  The shorter handed a box to Baekhyun, while the taller handed the box in his hand to Chanyeol.  "This is for you, Baekhyun.  Please read the card inside for more details."

 

Baekhyun's eyes travelled between the two delivery men, until again, his gaze fixated on the male he was interested in.  Baekhyun had a "thing" for Chanyeol since he first opened this diner and he hired the taller.  However, due to being of higher status within the system, Baekhyun decided that it would be seen as unfair to the other employees if he pursued his feelings.  If Baekhyun had feelings for Chanyeol, or any employee for that manner, it could easily be seen as favoritism. 

 

Baekhyun still continued to stare at the taller, as Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a warm smile, nudging him to open the box.  Baekhyun slowly lifted the lid off the shimmering golden box to reveal a single red rose.  Inside the box was a note.

 

Baekkie,

 

Happy Valentine's Day!  I'm not used to this kind of stuff, so I never got to ask you.  Will you be my Valentine?

 

[ ] YES     [ ] NO

 

I hope you will say yes and accept this gift, because I like you a lot.

 

<3 Chanyeol

 

Baekhyun glanced up at the taller and was almost reduced to tears.  His lips curled into a smile, as he nodded at Chanyeol.  The curly haired male was already so ecstatic that he momentarily forgot about the box in his hands, until Baekhyun whispered, "Your turn."

 

It was no secret that many of the diner employees, males and females, had a crush on Baekhyun.  Chanyeol was no different than his fellow coworkers.  In fact, the owner's nickname among the waiters/waitresses and hosts/hostesses was "Sizzling Bacon."  The tall host's stomach fluttered in excitement, as he realized that this might his chance to move forward with the restaurant owner.  Maybe the owner saw something in him.  Chanyeol lifted the lid off the box quickly, as he was super anxious to see what was hidden behind that shimmery exterior.  Inside Chanyeol's box was an identical single red rose, with a note included.  The taller reached for the note and started to read.

 

Yeollie,

 

By now, it is probably no secret that I like you.  As the owner of this diner, I am not allowed to show my affection at work, which is what makes this so hard.  Here is a token of my appreciation and feelings.  I'm so sorry that this is all I could give - since this is the first year of Exotic Cafe's existence, I need to save.  I'd give you the world if I could.  Happy Valentine's Day.

 

<3 Baekhyun

 

Chanyeol lost grip of everything, as his legs started to feel wobbly.  Somehow, he knew there were rumors of the owner feeling this way about him, but never did he think this would happen.  Chanyeol never expected his feelings to be reciprocated in this manner.  A single tear started to roll out of his eye and down his cheek.  That tear was caught by Baekhyun.  "Please don't cry, Yeollie." Baekhyun smiled, knowing the emotions burning inside of the taller were stirred up by him.

 

Without a second thought, Chanyeol hugged his superior and thanked him.  Although an owner-worker relationship was frowned upon, the two could not deny the feelings they shared.  Baekhyun mentally decided to announce this to the staff later.

 

After a few moments of embrace, the two let go of each other, before Chanyeol had a puzzled look once again.  "Oh no, I almost forgot!  Were you guys here to have some lunch?  We only serve breakfast food, since that is our signature, but..." Chanyeol trailed off.

 

"Yes, that would be great, Chanyeol.  Thank you very much." Sungmin stated politely.  His stomach was starting to rumble again.  "Are you able to pack the food to go?" the shorter bowed apologetically, "It's just that we have a tight schedule."

 

Chanyeol gave Sungmin a warm smile.  "That's no problem.  Please come inside."  Chanyeol led the way as all four men waltzed back into the cozy diner.

 

Baekhyun grabbed two menus from the host's counter and handed one to each male personally.  The two males glanced over the menu quickly and placed their order.  About ten minutes later, their freshly packed orders were ready to go.  Kyuhyun and Sungmin bid their customers a farewell after having them sign the form on the clipboard.

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin walked toward the truck, smiles plastered on both of their faces.  "I'm going to drive to Hae's now, but please eat," Kyuhyun assured Sungmin.

 

"Are you sure, Kyu?  You're probably hungry too." Sungmin frowned at the thought.

 

"Min, I'm fine." Kyuhyun glanced over at the hungry, pouting male.  "Please eat."

 

Sungmin reluctantly opened his plate and took his first bite.  Bacon and eggs never tasted this good.

 

Le comment: LOLOL Sizzling Bacon. How fitting! XDDD I'm having so much fun with this story. OH SISUS I AM SUCH A HOPELESS ROMANTIC. Lolol ~ But as promised, here is your double update! :D ILY ALL! I got 1000 views! WOWOWOW. Totally an accomplishment for me. I wonder if I can hit 50 subscribers too? I'd be all WOW'D if so! :DDD Anyway, happy reading! :D