Chapter 17

Heaven

Rei’s POV

‘I want to go back to LA’ I said to my brother. He looked so shocked and confused. There’s an awkward silence before he touched my cheeks and asked ‘Why, baby girl?’

I sighed deeply. I could not told him my reason. I just want to be apart from Jiyong, so I could avoid his feeling. I know my act was such a coward but I think its the best for us. I just shook my head and said to him.

‘I dont know, Oppa. I just feel that its better for me to back there, since I just being such a burden for you.’ I explained to him.

‘Rei, lets talk about it later, okay. You need rest’ He said before dragged me out of the room. Outside the room, I could saw Jiyong and Daesung Oppa.

‘Hyung!’ Daesung Oppa shouted and both of them approaching us. I could feel my heart beating so fast while Jiyong Oppa came to near me.

‘Jiyong, can you bring Rei back to her room? I want to meet the doctor’ My brother said, made my eyes widened.

‘I-Its okay, Oppa. I can go back there alone. G-Good bye!’ I said and ran to my room.

‘Hey, hey Rei!’ Jiyong shouted but I already left him behind.

I covered my head with the blanket. I felt so confused. Its true that I want to go back but I know that deep in my heart I want to stay here, I want to stay with him. But what should I do? I’m dying. And stay here will just bring pain for him. Argh!

That night, I decided to called Kevin.

‘Oppa’ I said when he picked up his phone

‘Hello, princess. What’s going on?’ He asked.

‘Oppa, can I go back to LA?’ I asked.

‘What? Why so sudden? Of course you can. But why, baby girl?’ He said.

I sighed again. May I tell him what’s bugging my mind? He always be there for me, and he’s the one that I could depends my life with except my brother. Maybe I should tell him about my feeling towards Jiyong?

‘Oppa, listen’

‘Yes?’

‘Jiyong said that he loves me’ I said it, finally.

He kept silent for few moments.

‘Oppa? Oppa? Hello?’ I said when he still didnt responed to me.

‘Ah, yes. Wait a minute. Okay, Rei. You said that Jiyong loves you. Okay, then?’ He finally answered me.

‘Oppa, I’m scared’ I said

‘Why, baby girl?’

‘Because I love him, too’

There’s a long silence again before he talked again.

‘You love him. Are you sure? Rei, are you sure?’ he asked.

I felt my eyes were already teary. ‘Yes, Oppa. I think I love him. I couldn’t remember since when his presence could made a big impact for me. My heart hurts whenever I saw him with someone else. I’m happy when he’s happy. I dont know what happened to me, Oppa. Jiyong always been there. He always gave me strength, always said that I could counted on him, I never felt happier except whenever he’s around.’ I said while sobbing.

‘Princess, dont cry. If you really sure you love him, then why you want to go back here?’ He asked again.

‘Oppa, we’re all know that I’m dying. I’ll die soon, right? I dont want to hurt him. I dont want to give him a false hope about happy ending for us. I know in the end he’ll be hurt and I dont want it to be happen. Oppa, I’m scared’ I explained to him and now my tears already out.

‘Rei, dont say things like that again, can you? You’ll not die soon, got it? If you want to go back, I’ll bring you back but I want you to clear these things with Jiyong. If he also loves you, I’m pretty sure he will go to LA after you so its such a fool things between you and him. Rei, do you understand?’

‘But Oppa-‘

‘No buts. I’ll talk to Seunghyun later. Prepare yourself. I’ll fetch you next week. Talk to Jiyong before I come.’ He said and hung up the phone.

Kevin was right. I know it. But it would be hard for me to talked about it with Jiyong. What should I do?

 

TOP’s POV

‘Where’d you going, hyung?’ Jiyong asked me.

‘I’ll go to meet the doctor. I need to talk. Can you waiting for me in Rei’s room?’ I asked him again. He nodded his head and I left him.

Soon after that, I arrived at the doctor’s room and sat on the chair in front of him.

‘Doc, how’s my sister condition?’ I asked. I need to know that.

‘Well, she’s fine. Her fever was already gone. We’ll do some test on her to make sure about her condition.’ He answered.

‘Doc, she said that she wants to go back to LA.’ I said to him.

‘What? Why so sudden? Did she knows that it may be dangerous for her?’ he looked so surprised.

‘I dont know either, doc. But can she do that? I mean, the flight is so long, can her body afford it?’

‘Actually, its depends on her. If on that day her condition is great, she will fine. But she needs someone to accompany her.’

I nodded my head. Maybe I should go with her. But I’m curious why she suddenly wants to go back.

I just hope something bad won’t happen.

 

Jiyong’s POV

I waited for TOP hyung outside Rei’s room becuase I didnt want to bother her. A few minutes later, TOP hyung came. He looked so tired and his wound was big after all.

‘Jiyong, what are you doing there? Where’s Dae?’ he asked to me when found me waiting for him outside.

‘Rei is sleeping, hyung. Dae had schedule so he left’I answered him. He nodded my head.

‘Lets get something to eat’ He talked to me and both of us went to the cafetaria.

-----------------------------------------------------

‘Hyung, how’s Rei?’ I asked to him

‘She’s fine.hmmm Ji, maybe by any chance do you know why she wants to go back to LA?’ he asked, made me coughed.

‘What? She what?’ i was so surprised. Why she suddenly did that?

‘She told me that she wanted to go back. Hey, did something wrong happened between you and her?’ He asked me again.

I sighed deeply. ‘I confessed to her, hyung’ I said

‘You did what?’

‘I said i love her, hyung. What’s wrong with that?’ I asked him again.

‘I dont know either. But it seemed wrong to her.’ He answered me.

‘Maybe she hates me?’ I said, trying to calm my nerves.

‘I dont know, Ji. She loves you. I know that. Maybe she just thinked too much. She’s not ready yet’ TOP hyung said again.

‘Maybe she remember about Kevin? If yes, I’ll talk with him as soon as I can.’

‘Jiyong, Kevin loves her too. Do you think that talk with Kevin will be easy?’ He said again, made me sighed.

‘I know, hyung. But at least I’ve tried. If she chooses Kevin instead of me, I’ll give up. But I just want to know why she wants to leave Seoul and leave me. I need her.’ I said, almost cry. I covered my face with my palms. I just couldnt think straight right now.

‘I’ll talk to her. Dont worry.’ He said and patted my shoulders.

*ringggggggggggggggggg*

‘Wait a minute, Ji’ TOP hyung said and walk away to picked up the call for him. 20 minutes later, he came back and his face was full of confuse.

‘What’s wrong, hyung?’ I said. There’s a short silence before finally he spoke.

‘Kevin called. He said that he will come next week to fetch Rei. I thought Rei just talked to him and said that she wants to go home. I told him that the journey may be dangerous for her but Kevin insisted that she will be fine as long as he with her. I couldnt argued with him.’ He explained

‘WHAT? DID HE THINKING ABOUT REI?’ I shouted and made all of people in cafetaria looked at me.

‘Sshh! Calm down, Ji!’ he said but I felt my anger was boiling. I’ve decided to called Kevin after that.

‘I need to talk to him now, hyung’ I said.

‘No. You are not thinking with your clear mind. You just will bring new problems with your condition like that’ He refused and took my phone.

‘Gezzzz, hyung!’

‘No, Ji. Wait until tomorrow. You can talk to him tomorrow.’

“Argrhhh! Okay, okay!’ I said and leave him immediately and walked toward Rei’s room.

----------------------------------------

In Rei’s room, I looked inside and found her still sleeping peacefully. I approached her and sat down beside her bed. I hold her hand and looked at her face. I just cant imagine if she really leaves me. I need her, maybe more than she needs me. I touched her face smoothly and kissed her eyes.

‘mmmmm’ she moved, made me frozen but she’s not opened her eyes. I sighed and tucked her hair.

‘How could you leave me like this, huh? Do you know that I love you so much like I can die anytime when you’re not around? I promise I’ll protect you forever. Please dont do this to me’