Everyone, calm down!

What is History?

 

Suho's POV

Kris pushed me out of the door, slamming it at my back. "Kris!" I pounded on the wooden structure, "What the hell, man?"

"You aren't coming back in here until you've talked to Junha!" He yelled back at me. I growled. It was always about Junha, wasn't it? Shaking my head, I stuffed my hands into my pockets. I could've sat there until Kris decided to let me in, but that could be a while.

I shook my head and started my journey to Junha's dorm. It having a sister that all of your friends liked. Kris seemed to be more her brother now than I.

It was all Heechul's fault! His damn assignment had gotten me kicked out of my own dorm until I talked to my sister. It had gotten me yelled at -WHILE I WAS IN THE SHOWER. It had caused me to basically cancel any plans I had for the next week that didn't include JaeNi. I ran my hands through my still wet hair. I was extremely lucky Kris let me dress before shoving me into the hall. I could see that conversation with any occupants going great!

My footsteps echoed on the stairs as I moved. What would I even say to Junha? "Yeah, Kris kicked me out because you're being very immature about what I'm doing." That would get the very tall end of a stiletto shoved through my temple. "Junha, I'm sorry you feel horribly about this, but JaeNi and I are together now." That was TOO much. If JaeNi were to hear that one, she'd be too shocked to play along... Or she'd play along so well that it'd get me into more trouble. I didn't particularly like either option. "I'm a grown man, Junha. I shouldn't have to answer to you with every choice I make. Your feelings have been more trouble than they're worth." That one didn't sound too bad... "I'm going out with your friend. We don't know where it will go. We aren't going to put you in the middle of it." It continued to sound as if I weren't going to be killed. "Nothing bad is going to happen. I promise."

Then it was decided. We were going to sit down and act like adults about this. I was going to tell her that no matter what, JaeNi and I would still be there for her. This was going to be simply.

I suddenly found myself at Junha and JaeNi's dorm...

That feeling of dread that had lessened a few moments ago... Yeah, it was back. I raised my hand to knock, but I couldn't make myself do it. I clenched my jaw shut, telling myself to man up. I knocked on the door.

I had been terrified for nothing. No one answered it. Feeling slightly annoyed with myself, I reached for the knob and turned it. I was surprised to see it open. Carefully, making sure to be quiet, I entered the dorm.

"Junha? I need to talk to you..." The quiet was interrupted by a slight humming. "It’s important..." I continued. I looked around the living area to see it was unbelievably clean. How these two could pull that off was amazing. I turned to look in the kitchen. "Are you here?" Apparently not. The only reply I got was that humming. Wait.

That wasn't humming. I moved towards the source of the sound and the humming took the form of words. It was music! I listened intently at the sounds that escaped into the silent dorm.

"And now... chained up here... I know the time has come for me to see.

Could this be? What is it that I feel?

Appearing so blindly I see what it says...

Will your kiss be so frightening again like this? Okay

Bathed in your life we will fight through the night.

If you could just be mine!

If I could just stop time

I'd push you forward out of the way

I can't see above the waves

Make you see the light, make you see you're mine

I never meant to tear.... this... time.... apart! Just Stop~"

I moved forward and leaned against the wall, listening through the cracked door to the sweet melodies. It wasn't meant to be a soft song, but the voice singing it made it that way. There was the small sound of piano music before the voice began again. "Forgive me," Someone whispered.

"Please, forgive me, I only want

You to see how much I've grown to love-

Waiting here, see this love

How can I die? Ok

How much do I care? Do I care?

If you could just be mine!

If I could just stop time

I'd push you forward out of the way

I can't see above the waves

Make you see the light, make you see you're mine

I never meant to tear.... this... time.... apart! Just Stop~

Oh just stoooooooop-

Take away my life

Make you see that you... will... always....only... be mine."

The music played on for a second but stopped abruptly. The voice that came after really surprised me. "How was that?" JaeNi asked. I heard her giggle. "Thanks. I worked really hard on it." Who was she talking to?

I peeked into the crack of her door and noticed she was sitting beside a keyboard and in front of her computer. She had headphones over her ears so it was no wonder she hadn't heard me knock. I stepped back, feeling like I just invaded her privacy. She had a very lovely voice... This caused me to wonder if she were majoring in vocals. She must have been singing for someone over video call on her lap top.

I decided to leave then. I didn't want her to think I was creeping. Reaching into my pocket, I tried to pull out my phone... Only to realize it was on the charger at the dorm. I closed the door lightly behind me and cursed my sister and roommate. They made my life so much more difficult than it needed to be. If Kris hadn't have showed me out of the kitchen, I probably would've been able to put on shoes to go look for her, but he had. Here I was walking down the stairs back to my dorm without shoes.

The only thing that was certain in my mind right now... Was that Kris was going to pay for this one.

 

Junha's POV

I was headed back to my room after catching up with Heechul and Donghae when I ran into someone. I fell on my and hung my head. I muttered an apology, knowing I hadn't been paying attention. "Junha! I've been looking for you," my brother's voice said. I quickly looked up; noticing Suho didn't have shoes on. "Neh Oppa," I replied. "We need to talk about something," he replied. "Sure. Let's go to my room. By the way, why are you not wearing shoes?" I asked.

He rubbed a hand across the back of his neck, "Kris kinda kicked me out of the dorm." I opened the dorm door, "Why did he do that?" He plopped himself on our couch, "Because I wasn't going to talk to you about this, but he insisted that you know." I sat down beside him, "What weren't you going to tell me?" He heaved a sigh then looked in the direction of JaeNi's room. I looked behind me, but saw nothing. I turned around to give my brother the 'you’re crazy' look. "I'm dating your friend!" Suho dropped the news. I froze; Heechul promised me he wasn't being cupid. This didn't say the same thing. When my head finally wrapped around what Suho said I snapped to my feet, "WHAT?!? What the hell do you mean by that?" A loud bang was heard as JaeNi skidded into the living room, "What's going on?" I glared from Suho to her, "My brother has delusions that you two are dating. Tell him he is crazy JaeNi."

She looked to Suho than at me and shrugged, "Ehh." I nearly lost it, "EHH! THAT'S WHAT YOU SAY WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO ADMIT SOMETHING THAT'S TRUE! YOU'RE DATING SUHO! HE'S MY BROTHER, THAT ISN'T EVEN RIGHT! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO. OMO, I JUST CAN'T HANDLE THIS RIGHT NOW. SOMEONE BETTER BE JUMPING UP IN THREE SECONDS TO SAY THIS IS A PRANK. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!" My volume rose with every word and my hands were flailing about, but I didn't care. This was my worst nightmare.

It was one thing for me to have a crush on one of Suho's friends; he had a ton of them. Not to mention the fact that I didn't think he actually cared, but dating my one and only friend, that was going too far. JaeNi was the only girl who would put up with my crazy antics and stalkerish ways.

I loved Suho, he had been my brother my whole life. He cared for me when there wasn't anyone else; he had wiped the tears from my face when I'd been seriously hurt both emotionally and physically. They were two very important key components of me and my life. What was I going to do if this didn't work out between them?

They were both stunned at my outburst, neither was moving or even breathing it seemed. I fumed, face red as anger, insecurity, and something unknown crept into my veins. I glared at JaeNi as her phone suddenly went off. I knew who that ringtone was for. "Omo, Sorry but I kinda have to go," JaeNi commented, looking apologetically toward Suho. "Oh no you don't Pen JaeNi. You will stay here and explain what's going on exactly. You will not run to that stone panda of yours!!!!" I demanded, not thinking and simply jumping off the deep end. I didn't even care that I insulted Tao, I was just so angry. JaeNi though, cared about what I had said and narrowed her eyes at me, "No I will not, Kim Junha. Suho and I are both going to leave and you are going to calm the hell down."

I glared right back as she grabbed Suho and proceeded to the door. "Well if you're going to date my brother, remember I STILL HAVE PICTURES!" I threatened. She just slammed the door and left. I plopped down on the couch and pulled my phone out to text Taemin.

 

To: Little Tae

I'm going to die. How could they do this?

 

From: Little Tae

No you're not. Just calm down. What's going on? Do you need me to come over?

 

To: Little Tae

YES! I can't deal with this alone!

 

And so I waited for Taemin to get there so I could unload.

 

JaeNi's POV

I rushed to Tao's room. "Panda! What's wrong?"

Tao was lying across the back of the couch with amazing balance. His arm was thrown over his face in shame. I moved to sit on the cushions next to him. "Oppa, what happened?"

"I hate myself." He murmured back to me.

I pouted, "Why?"

He moved his arm and started playing with my hair instead of looking at me. "I spent all the money I saved."

Confusion fell upon my face. I knew Tao. He had saved A LOT of money in the past two years. It wasn't for anything, just an emergency fund if you wanted to call it that.

If Junha wouldn't have been receiving money from her parents, we'd have both died of starvation. I didn't work, Junha was crazy... It just wasn't a good combo. Tao, however, worked his off. There was some place somewhere that he did something at. I often asked him about it, but he just changes the subject. I do know I've been at his dorms, raiding or waiting, many nights when he's come home. He always seemed drained and basically dead on his feet, but he'd never tell me anything that happened. What could've possessed Tao to spend all of his savings? "On what?" I asked.

He left my hair alone and pointed over to the table in front of the couch. I looked over and lifted up a Gucci bag. It was hard to keep a straight face. Gucci was very expensive. My panda had a weird weakness for Gucci. I placed the bag back on the table and moved to brush his bangs out of his eyes, "Oh, panda, it'll be ok." I grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"No it won't!" He whined at me. "I'm broke! All of my food is gone and I have no money. I'm going to die."

I hit his hand and he looked at me. "ZiTao, you will not die. You have a roommate now. I'm sure he'll share 'til you get paid."

He whine again, "It’s not that simple, JaeNi."

I rolled my eyes. This was a familiar speech for me. 'To admit one is in need is to realize a problem, but some won't swallow their pride or fears and ask for that help... Tao was one of those guys. He was fragile and if Chen were to deny him food, I'm sure Tao won't fall out on the floor and have a heart attack, but he'll whine more and talk to me about it. I stood on the furniture, "Panda, if you don't act right, I'm going to sit on you."

He sighed and glanced over at the bag. I watched as he brought his hands up to his face. At least I warned him. I tossed my leg over and straddled his stomach. He made a face, "JaeNi, I think Junha's junk food has gotten to you."

My draw dropped and I laughed, hitting his shoulders. He grabbed my hands to halt any further attacks. I struggled to free my hands and...

THUD. "Ah!" I screamed as we lost our balance and flipped over into the floor off the back of the couch. Tao landed on my legs and I hit the back of my head on the couch somewhere. Of course it hurt a lot, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough to register the pain.

I looked around and saw Tao laughing as well, trying to pick himself up. At this point, Chen's door had opened and two people were watching us.

I guess the loud noise startled them. "Are you two alright?" Chen asked worriedly.

I nodded and tried to stop laughing, but every time I looked at Chen I burst again. I pulled my legs out from under Tao as he leaned back against the couch and sat on them. Kris looked confused. "What happened?"

"She pushed me over the back of the couch." Tao said, sobering a little faster than I would've thought possible. I shoved him over. "I did not! Why would you lie like that, Tao? I am forced to punish you, panda." I stood on my knees and started beating his shoulders with light slaps. He put his hands up to block his face and fell on his side, laughing. I eventually stopped and looked at the other two, smoothing back my hair. "Sorry if we scared you." I announced and bowed my head at them.

Chen nodded, "Alright."

I looked back at Tao and placed a hand on his knee, "If you really need it, I'll look for a temporary job to help you out. In the meantime, I'm sure Junha and I have something you'll eat at home." I smiled to myself. I'd never actually considered any place my home and to say that SUPA was, it was surprising.

Tao looked up with a happy glint in his eyes and patted my hand. "What's she talking about?" Chen asked. Tao's cheeks as he obviously hadn't told his roommate about his weakness.

"Tao's savings were stolen in gym class and he's currently broke until he gets paid. He's afraid he's going to die of starvation." I rolled my eyes and looked at him. There was a thanks somewhere in his eyes.

Chen shrugged, "You can share my food. I keep more than I can eat."

I sighed, "If only it were that easy... Not to be rude, but he has a very strict diet. He only eats rice, vegetables, and fruits on most days."

The other gave a polite smile, "I have all of the above. You let me move in, the least I can do is feed you."

I grinned and ruffled my panda's hair. "See? I told you he was super nice. You should listen to me more often." I pinched his cheek and stood up. "Well... I have to go so-" I kissed the top of Tao's head, "play nice."

I went to the door and hit the door frame, "Oh, practice balance, Tao. I’ll be back later to kick your -after my last class." Then I scurried out of the room.

 

 

Later that day:
JaeNi sat on the floor panting heavily. "You... definately did not... hold back." She announced. Tao, shirt in hand, wiped the sweat from his face. "Told you I wouldn't." He said, breathing equally as eratic. 
 
She leaned back on the floor, "This after dance clas was a mistake."
 
Tao nodded and rolled a bottle of wter to her. "Which reminds me... How's your dance coming? I heard instructer Minzy was very strict about it."
She nodded and emptied the wwater bottle in one go. "Perfectly. I only have a little left. Thanks for amking the track for me... I wish it had lyrics. It really is  beautiful peice."
 
Tao gave a shrug and capped his own water bottlee."Have him write you some lyrics and you could sing htem."
She shook her head and rested, "
 
I don't sing anymore, you know that. What's wiht the track title, anyways?"
 
"Mama? Well, while I was working, my laptop would save it. The first time I saw it, it was audio file M4M4 something or other. I thought it looked like that American word you taught me, but I couldn't remember what it meant." He calmed down   little and she nodded. "I like it. I edited onoe part of it, thought. Do you want it back?"
 
Just then, the door from Chen's room opened and Kris looked at the two on the floor. JaeNi rolled over, "Don't look at me -I'm sweaty and gross!"
Tao waved shyly. Chen exited his room and accompanied Kris to the door. The two steped into the hall. "What were they doing?" Kris asked quietly.
"He teaches her martial arts. She's very dedicated to it." Chen shrugged and pushed his hnds in his pocket. 
 
Kris sook his head, "Ah... I guess that makes sense... So, how are things here?" 
 
The Korean shrugged, "Its alright. He doesn't bother me, he doesn't ask me to do things, he's quiet... Its suprisingly relaxing.  The only person he brings over is JaeNi and she's nice... so yeah."
 
Kris looked indifferent. "Alright. Well, I'll see you tomorrow, man."
 
The two touched knuckles and Kris went on his way. Chen came back in to see Tao getting something from the fridge, JaeNi having disappeared. Tao turned and sighed. Noticing Chen, he looked apologetically at his roommate. "I hope we didn't disturb you, hyung."
 
Chen smiled and shook his head at Tao's honorifics. "Not at all. We got a lot done, really. How'd your sparring go?"
 
A chuckle shook Tao, "She's getting confident, but so far it isn't an issue."
 
Chen looked around, "Where'd she go anyways?"
 
"She's showering. We havve a lot of work for our Korean language class and she wanted to be clean for it." He said simply.
 
"Well, have you two eaten? I'd be willing to-"
 
"I'll cook for you." Tao said suddenly and then placed his hand over his mouth. "Please excuse the interuption, but you were kind enough to share your food with me, the least I can do is prepare t." He said, bowing slightly.
 
Chen held up his hands, "Youj can't change my mind. How about you get a shower when JaeNi's out. By then I should have something figured out."
Tao gave another bow, "Thankk you." He said in his mother tongue. With this, he turned and went to his room. Tao dropped his shirt in the hamper beside the bathroom door, mentally mking a note to visit a aundry-mat soon. He sat on the bed and pulled his laptop ovr. It ws nice to stretch across the plush  comforter. He heard  small knock  on the bathroom door. "Tao, are you in there?"
 
"Yes?" He replied, thumb running across his bottom lip as he scanned the document he'd been reading.
 
"I... uh.. don't have clean clothes over hear." She said, slightly embarassed. "You wouldn't happen to have any pajamas I could return later... would you?"
"Uh... Yeah. Give me a second to look." He called and rolled off his bed.
 
He went to his dresser and dug through his drawers for a moment. "Take your time!" She replied. 
 
The raven haired boy shifted through his clote and finally found a pair of pants he'd forgotten he'd had. They were plin black silk pants with an elastic waist band. They were comfortable for sleep, but since He'd been turning the cold air on lately, all of his silk pants were hidden away -which was like five pairs because he liked the comfort.  He grabbed the first shirt his hand touched and grabbed a towed.  The young rapper knocked on the bathroom door before on the counter. "I'm leaving this on the sink."
 
Steam rose up to greet him as he left the clothes on the sink. "Thank you, Panda! I'll be out in a minute!" With this he left. 
 
Tao went back to his laptop and continued looking for a new song for work.
 
JaeNi came out a few minutes later with a towel wrapped around her head. She looked happy and clean as the heated air pooled into his room. She grinned, "Man... That really hit the spot."
 
Tao's brow rose. "Hit the spot?  I do not understand..." He said confusedly. 
 
JaeNi fell onto the oposite side of the bed, reading over his shoulder.
 
"Well it means that is was extremely relaxing. Don't you have a phrase like that?" She asked, resting her chin on his shoulder.
 
He turned to look at her. "Yeah. It was extremely relaxing." The two shared a smal laugh. Tao closed the window and pushed the laptop over to her. "I'm going to shower. Chen might require assistance in the  kitchen. He's cooking for us." With that Tao gather supplies and hit the shower.
 
JaeNi took the towel from her head and dropped it to the basket. She turned and went into the living room. A large grin settled on her lips as she noticed the boy in the door. "Well hello beautiful." She purred.
 
Suho narrowed his eyes, smiling, "Are you learning how to stalk from Junha?"
 
"What are you doing here"I may have asked him to bring left overs." He held up a few large bowls.
 
She took them and bowed to Suho as best she could, grinning brightly. "Gomawo, oppa!" She rushed to the counter so she could look at the foods.
"THank Junha. She cooked because I had to talk to... a professor."
 
JaeNi's smile widned, "I really love that girl." She announced, grabbing a plate. "I'm so hungry."
 
Suho chuckled. Chen nodded and closed the door as they bid farewell. "Chen," JaeNi said suddenly, "I have a question for you." She handed him a plate. She made another plate for Tao and then made one for herself, suprised to see that there was steal one person's meals worth left. 
 
"What is it?" He asked, handing her some chopsticks.
 
She leaned against the counter, "Well... its pretty clear Kris doesn't like me. I just wanted to know why. Did I anger him somehow?"
 
Uneasy Chen sat at the short table. "Well... He thinks of Junha as a little sister and when she unloads oll of hr problems on him, he gets grumpy. Maybe you should talk to him." He said, slipping a dumpling between his lips.
 
She sat across from him, "As if! He's scary."
 
Chen nearly choked from laughing. "Who's scary?" Tao asked, entering the kitchen. He was wearing the cute panda pants and tank again. "Kris." She replied simply. "He doesn't seem to like me too much.
 
Tao sat down in front of the unmanned plate on the table, knowing JaeNi had prepared it for himi as she always did. 
 
"He acts like he's always angry. Chen, is he under stress often?" Tao asked, staring at the food ith a raised brow. It was strange but he had no idea what it was. 
 
The korean snorted, "Yeah, every day of his life." 
 
JaeNi and Tao looked interested, but it was clear they weren't going to get more information out of him at this time. "He should try yoga." Tao announced, "Its very stress releiving."
 
Chen smirked, "Somehow, I can't see Kris doing yoga."
 
JaeNi shrugged, taking another large bite. She swallowed and looked over, "Most people can't picture Tao doing it either, but he does."
 
Tao blushed a little and JaeNi seemed to be the only one who caught it. There were occasions when JaeNi swore Tao was made of modeling clay as he could bend in almost ANY position. 
 
Chen took another bite and gave another shrug. That was nice. Not that he really cared how his room mate spent his time, but it was good to know. JaeNi cleared the rest of her plate and grinned, "That was delicious."
 
Both boys looked at her and then at herplate, amazed. Chen still had half of his ood and tao had barely touched his. She only had sauce on her plate. Even the rice was gone -every single grain! And her face was snow pale as usual, no suggestions that she'd even eaten anything. "Damn!" Tao announced, but then bit his lip. He didn't want to come across as a bad person to his room mate.
 
Chen looked her over, "Where the hell'd you put it?" He asked. 
 
JaeNi shrugged and took a dumpling from Tao's plate, "I was hungry." She announced, popping it in .
 
"She eats like Kris!"
 
Tao's brow rose. He'd never actually seen Kris eat much -just small things at the cafe, and it seemed he couldn't eat much. He had a nice body and a poor diet would ruin something like that. "Kris eats a lot?" He asked.
 
Chen swallowed a sip of his drink, "He comes in from gym and eats more of the kitchen if he's in a bad mood, then he hits the studios."
 
Tao nodded, deciding to eat a little. JaeNi took her plate to the sink sat back down. "Thank you, Chen! She announed happily.
 
Chen nodded. The meal was finaished by the others in silence. JaeNi felt it as a comfortable silence that wasn't too bad. "I'm going to get started on our work." She announced after a while of being bored. She stood and left, thanking Chen again.
 
Tao cleared his plate, decideing that even though he had no idea what he just ate he liked it. She stood and took his plate to the sink as well, rinsing it. He bowed to Chen. "Thank you, hyung. It was very good."
 
The Korean smiled, "Anytime."
 
Chen followed Tao's example and the two went their seperate ways.  Tao went to his room. JaeNi was already halfway done with the work. He closed the door and grabbed his bag. 
 
"How can you like a dragon like Kris?" She asked suddenly. "He's so... violent and controlling."
 
"Yeah," Tao smirked to himself, "I like it. It can be very... attractive in certain situations."
 
JaeNi laughed and collasped. Tao hit her arm lightly, "What?! I do!"
 
She hugged him, "My baby panda is a sadist!" 
 
Tao pushed her away, "What about you and Suho, huh? You two have been really close lately." He smirked once more at her sudden poker face. "When were you going to tell me about that?"
 
She crawled over to lay next to him, "I was going to! Are you jealous?"
 
he pouted, "A little. You ignored me at lunch. But what happened to him?"
 
She closed her eyes and sighed, "He told me to find a boyfriend here."
 
Tao wasn't completely understanding of the situation. From what he knew of the situation, Ronnie was willing to be stuck to machines for the rest of his life for her. What could have changed? "And you... chose Suho?"
 
She smiled, "No, that was done for me."
 
He still looked confused, "Elaborate?"
 
She rolled over, "Its a secret, ok? Heechul assigned Suho and I an acting assignment. We have to fool everyone into thinking we are a couple because he's mad at Junha."
 
Tao looked at her, "So do you have feelings for him?"
 
She tensed visibly, holding her breath. After a moment, she snuggled into the pillow, "We're just friends. Nothing can happen between us." 
 
Tao her wet hair and gave himself a small smile, "Anything can happen."
 
And that was the last thing she heard before she fell asleep.
 
~~~~~
We're sorry to have edited it late you guys! -bows in apology- I thought it lacked and this scene was meant to go here sooo... why not? 
 
Love,
Minji & Panda =D