When things get serious

What is History?
Kai's POV
 
I awoke the next morning to Luhan calling me from the bedroom door. I sat up and yawned. I'd had a dreamless night full of tossing and turning. I remembered having a fantasy about Junha and I was suddenly embarrassed. 
 
Luhan's voice broke me out of my embarrassing thoughts, "So did you see Junha last night?"
 
I looked at him in panic, "What do you mean?"
 
Luhan leaned on the door and crossed his arms, "She came by last night to thank you in person. She woke me up, but I went back to sleep after letting her in. I just wanted to make sure she said her thanks and didn't chicken out." 
 
He pushed off the door and shrugged. iI followed him to the living room, "Wait, so she was here? I didn't imagine it?"
 
Luhan shook his head, "I'm sure she went to your room. Her lollipop is stuck to your science homework on your dresser."
 
I went back to my room and looked on the dresser. Sure enough the red blowpopo was lolying on my homework sheet from last week. I quickly got dressed and went to Luhan, "If you see Junha before I get back, tell her to wait in her room for me. You know what, nevermind." Luhan noddd as I grabbed my bag for class.
 
I had forgotten that I would see her in class later. I had to talk to her, I had to know if I had imagined last night or if it had actually happened. Either way, I wasn't sure of how I felt about it.
 
'I mean, you have to be attracted to her, but do you like her?'
 
'Yeah, I'm attrracted to her. She is hot after all and I do think I'm starting to develop feelings for her. I don't know, though.'
 
'Well that's a good start. I suppose you should sit down and figure your feelings out...or not knowing you!'
 
My brain conversed with itself as I walked from my first class to my acting class. I went to my seat behind JaeNi and nudged her. She turned around with a faised brow. Honestly, the look would have scared me under normal circumstances, but I was to frantic at this moment.
 
"Where's Junha?" I asked. 
 
"She wasn't feeling well, so she went to get some medicine from Chanyeol," JaeNi answere and then turned back around. 
 
I waited through the forty-five minutes impatiently, not really paying attention. My mind kept wondering to how I was going to ask Junha about last night. I was working on my latest hallucination when the class ended. I quickly snapped back to reality and gathered my stuff to rush off to Suho's dorm. I hoped Junha would be back from her trip to Chanyeol's by now.
 
I rounded the corner to see Kris enter the dorm. A few seconds later I was in front of the door also. The strange thing was that I saw Lay and D.O hanging out in the corner opposite the door. I waved at them, not thinking about it, and knocked. Baekhyun opened the door.
 
He smiled at me and called over his shoulder, "Junha, you have a visitor." He scooted past me and let me in. "Bye!" he called to the room occupants. A chorus of 'byes' rang out as I stepped into the living room. Junha was lying on the couch, her eyes closed, as Chanyeol had a hand on her forehead masssaging it.
 
"Is she alright?" I asked, concern leaking through my voice.
 
Chanyeol nodded as Junha spoke up, "Yeah. Nothing a few painkillers won't cure. I hate having a migraine." 
 
Kris walked in with a cupped hand and went to the kitchen where he grabbed a soda. Junha sat up and patted the seat next to her as she took the items from her surrogate brother. She downed the meds as Chanyeol sat on one side of her and Kris on the other. I stood a bit awkwardly.
 
"We were about to go get something to eat. You're welcome to join us," Chanyeol's deep voic made me look at him instead of the floor. 
 
I glanced at Junha, who grinned and nodded. I also saw Kris scowl at Chanyeol. I bowed, "Thank you. I would enjoy that."
 
Kris and Chanyeol went to seperate rooms. I looked quizzically after Chanyeol.
 
"JaeNi and I moved back to our old dorm," Junha explained. I looked at her and nodded, biting my lip. 
 
I took a deep breath and asked what I had been meaning to ask, "Last night...did it....did we...did you," I wasn't able to finish.
 
She smiled, "It did, we did, and I did." 
 
Just then Kris and Chanyeol returned, effectively cutting our conversation off. Junha bounced up and headed for the door. We were following a few steps behind when she stopped suddenly. I wondered what she was doing as she jerked her leg up, but it wouldn't move. We stopped at the door. 
 
Then she just screamed, "Lay, Kyungsoo! You better get your asses out here now!"
 
Kris bent down and examined the floor. I could hear laughter drifting in from the hall. 
 
"It's glue. Super glue," Kris said as we skirted the dried goo and filed into the hall. 
 
I saw the two idiots in the same corner, laughing their asses off. Junha bent down and unbuckled her heels. She jumped to the clear section of floor and stalked over to Lay, "I got those for my birthday YOU BASTARD! They were my favorite!"
 
She grabbed the collar of his shirt and slapped him hard enough his head snapped back. Both he and D.O stopped laughing instantly. Junha grabbed Lay by the neck with both hands. I could see him gasp as D.O tried to break her hold. Kris was standing there, just standing, as his little sister attempted to strangle someone.
 
"I'm sick of your spoiled, arrogant ," she hissed. 
 
Chanyeol approached her, "Junha, calm down. This is going a little too far."
 
She shook a bit as she spit out, "NO. He won't get away with playing around anymore. Someone always get hurt. Last time it was Taemin and now my shoes. It's the last ing straw."
 
I couldn't stand it anymore. D.O was crying, still holding on to Junha's arm, as Lay gasped for breath. I walked over and grabbed her face with both hands. I turned her head so she was looking at me and kissed her. Her soft lips melded into mine almost perfectly and I went weak. I was vaguely aware of hurried footsteps and an aggravated sigh. Junha quickly pulled away and looked at me. She had this strange look on her face before  I saw tears.
 
"Kai kissed me. My first kiss was so I wouldn't kill your friend," she wailed. She ran off, crying with unintelligable words. I was about to go after her when a hand held me back.
 
"We got this, dude. Don't worry too much. She overacts sometimes, but give her a few hours," Chanyeol said as Kris struck out after his crying sister. Chanyeol followed him and I slid to the floor.
 
'What the hell did I do wrong? Why is she tripping? And why do I feel so terrible seeing her cry? Why do I feel horrible even if it wasn't my intentions?' 
I laid my head in my hands and just sat there for a while before dragging my broken spirit back to my room.
 
(Sehun's POV)
 
Junha=Hassal.
 
End of story.
 
I moved to sit next to Tao. Finally! Someone with some sanity! "Hey," He said softly, waving a little.
 
I couldn't helpbut raise a brow, "Someone's in a good mood."
 
Tao shrugged, "Got a good night's sleep."
 
I nodded. I snapped and reached into my bag, "Ypu left these at my dorm. I've been meaning to give them back." I handed him a few CDs. "I may have looked at a few. I didn't know you were into that kind of music." Seriously. He had one CD, obviously he burned it himself, with After School's BANG!, Hyuna's Change, some English songs like Addicted by Saving Abel and Can't be tamed by Miley Cyrus -whoever those last two were.  Then he had a bunch of Chinese and Korean rap. He took them . Wait, is it just me or did his face just go red. "Thanks."
 
"No problem. So, what's new?" I asked, sitting down in the seat next to him.
 
He shrugged, "Meh. I've been slightly worried about Kyungsoo and Yixing."
 
"Wae?" I asked. Kyungsoo and Yixing -aka D.O. and Lay- had been quiet lately. Even Xiumin had been avoiding everyone recently. I wonder what that's all about. Is it sad that ti took someone else to point out that my friends were acting weird because I tried to stay on my own as often as possible?
 
"they're been quiet... They aren't usually like that, but they have been since Taemin moved out." He explained.
 
That's right... But I thought I heard something about them making Taemin run around campus ? I don't know. "What about the singer? I thought he moved in there dorm?" So Kris had this little group of friends. He was so bad tempered, I wasn't suprised he only had a few, but I digress. There was Kris, the singer -whom I could never remember the ing name of-, Suho, Junha, and then the couple -drug dealer and diva.
 
I kinda felt bad for the last two. I may have accidently let it slip that they were a couple... But if they weren't so damn obvious about it, I wouldn't have said anything! "He never actually moved in with them."
 
"Jinjjah? Hmmm... Maybe he's smart than I give him credit for. I muttered. In truth, I only really had a problem with Suho, Kris, Diva, and occasionally Junha, but only occasionally. 
 
Kris threw a ing pen at me my first day of classes. He just deserved an assbeating. Suho and I have never seen eye to eye. Bacon was on my badside because he needed an attitude adjustment. Back when Chanyeol and I were friends -roomates actually- Bacon ed me out for sitting in his seat.  Chanyeol didn't say anything about it either. So why should I step in if my friend's repay the favor?
 
But Luhan... He was a different story. He was hanging around Kris, but I still wanted to get to know him better. He just seemed really familiar to me. 
Kai was ok. We'd shared about six conversations and still had no proble,s.  I liked that. I didn't need anymore stupid fights.
 
My parents threatened to cut my college funds after the last one so I do my best to avoid Kris. 
 
"So what are your thoughts on Jesicca?" Tao asked me randomly.
 
I sighed and ran my hand over my face. "She's a . I haven't spoken to her since I called her the wrong name by accident."
 
Jessica noona... There wasn't a lot I could say about her. She had been in love with me since day one and the second I gave her a little attention, she was at my beck and call. But the second I called her Jia by pure slipof the tongue, I don't exist. What the hell? Well, it reall didn't bother me. I didn't like her too much anyways.
 
I mean, we slept together twice. To me it was just a casual , but to her I guess it meant something. I don't see how she'd get that considering I basically kicked her out after both times. I wasn't about to let her sleep over. She'd talk me to death.
 
And once you've had a screamer in bed, you just want to take an OD on pain killers and sleep it off.Plus, for me it wasn't that enjoyable.  Jessica was a screamer -a very, very loud screamer.
 
"Well, she's loking for you." Tao said calmly.
 
I looked over, "Really now? Any clue as to why?"
 
A smirk formed on Tao's lips as he sat back in his chair, "She's pregnant."
 
"WHAT?!"
 
What the ? And she was looking for me? Oh hell no! I know where babies come from, and I know where my career is heading if I have one now. I made sure to use a . 
 
Condoms don't always work.
 
you little voice in my mind! I am not that child's father! "It's not mine." I said out loud.
 
Tao nodded, "Very good. I thought you were going to pop a vain for a second there. Its not yours." He said simply.
 
I calmed down a little bit. Did he just play a joke on me? Tao? I raised a brow, "Why would you do that to me?"
 
The teen shrugged and smiled, "From the bottom of my very immature heart, I love to see you uncomfortable." He said softly, so only I could hear it, "Its amusing."
 
I puffed out my cheeks and sighed, "Then who is the kid's father?"
 
"Wouldn't it just mess with you if I told you it was Xiumin?" Tao asked, amusement clear in his eyes. Gossip -one of Tao's many secret strong points.
I chuckled, "Nope. Xiumin can have her and the baby if he wants."
 
"Well, I'm just guessing on who the father is based on some things I heard. I went to ask one of my professors about some work I didn't have when I heard Jessica in his office. She was yelling at him and throwing things. She yelled at him about how he ruined her life. Then he said he'd support her and the child, she started yellingabout you and about how you'll love her no matter what. I lefdt after that. I didn't want to be an accidental witness if he strangled her and have a murderer on my ." 
 
Me? Lover her? What crack was this hoe on? Never once had I ever said I liked her, much less loved her. When we , I had to pretend she was someone lse. Now she wants me to support a child that isn't even mine? Uh, NO! If she didn't want a kid, she shouldn't have slept with a professor who was probably already married anyways. "Tell her I sad good luck with that."
 
Tao shrugged and looked at our instructor who'd rushed into the room. "Sorry for the delay, class! If you'll all plese take out your homework-"
 
"And insert zoning out powers here. I never pay attention here, so its no big deal.
 
When the lecture finally ended, I stood up and stretched. ao finished packing up his stuff and I noticed his bag. "New bag?"
 
"Yeah... Don't remind me, ok?"He asked. I nodded and we got to the door. He nudged me, "Think fast."
 
I was going to ask what he meant when I heard an unbelievably loud screach behind me, "SEHUNNIE!"
 
. Jessica.
 
I did the first thing that came to mind... Even if it was a horrible idI grabbed Tao  by the wrist, shoved him against the wall, put my thumb over his lips and retended to kiss him for all I was worth. 'Please work, please work, please work...'
 
"Sehun, I have -oh my god!" Jessica squealed. The person under me struggled a little, but I had to make this work. "N-never mind-d." She stammered. I stayed for a second before turning to see Jessica running down the hall. 
 
Stepping back, I lkooked down and straitened my shirt, "Sorry, i had to do that." I looked up and my eyes grew wide. 
 
That... Wasn't Tao.
 
Soft baby cheek tinted red and lips with bleeing color from the forced of my thumb accompanied angry brow orbs that glared daggers into me. "I-I..." What the was I supposed to do?! "I'm very very sorry!"
 
"Sehun," He fumed lowly, "I'm going to kill you."
 
How such a cute face could glare like that was beyond me. He swung the stack of papers in is hand down and satted my head, "Twice, you evil little creature! I can't believe you'd do this twice!"
 
I never knew a thing of papers could hurt so much! I swear I had aper cuts in my scalp! I ddi my best to get away and hide behind Tao -who up to this point had simpy watched. he didn't even flinch as Luhan missed me and smacked him with the papers. That is, until another person got in Luhan's way and Tao moved to keep the innocent from being hit. That was my cue to haul .
 
 
 
Kai couldn't sleep, which was weird for him, but it wasn't like he was trying. It was 10 pm Saturday night and he was alternating between texting YoungJae, his new dance partner, and working on his share of the dance. He'd play the music, video an improv dance, watch it, edit out the parts he didn't like the most, connect the peices he did like with the parts he already had, watch it again, and repeat the routine. It was getting very tiring, but luckily, he was nearly finished.
 
He nodded at his progress and looked over at his phone. Due to his want to keep music playing at all times to keep the creative juices flowing, he didn't get to hear when his cell phone went off. He reached over and pressed a button on the side to see he had a new message. 
 
                    From: YoungJae
                            Dude... I'm stuck. I can't remember what we have of the chrous
 
Kai rolled his eyes.
 
                    To: YoungJae 
                           I'm willing to come over and work with you if you have something to eat. I'm starving because Luhan and I haven't stocked the fridge yet.
 
He felt is tomach growling even as he typed this. He safely logged off his laptop and packed it -along with its charger- into a bag. 
 
                 From: YoungJae
                            I'll see if Taemin will cook for you. He should be back soon anyway.
 
                 To: YoungJae
                            K. On the way
 
Kai threw his bag over his shoulder carefully. He entered the livingroom and noticed Luhan on the couch -working on what looked to be math. "I'm heading over to YoungJae's for a bit. Do you mind leaving the door unlocked?"
 
Luhan looked up, eraser tucked between his lips cutely. He nodded and went back to his work. Kai nodded awkwardly and went for the door. 
 
He had to look at the room numbers on dorms because the building was still new to him. He didn't find it that strange that the halls and stairwells were empty because it was Saturday! He normally wouldn't be home on a night like tonight, but as he was new and had to focus on getting his work done this time, he was forced. 
 
He found the room, at first passing it, and knocked. 
 
"Its open, damnit!" A very annoyed voice shouted. Kai jumped, startled. That wasn't what one usually expected to happen upon knocking on a door.
Slowly, Kai came in. Everything looked normal.... until he saw the chair. He was welcomed by a very bizarre sight. "Hyung," He began curiously, stepping back towards the door, "Why are you ?"
 
"Deal with it, Kai!" Taemin growled, head leaned back as he tossed an arm over his face. Kai's brows rose before he simply shook his head and went over to YoungJae's room.
 
He knocked. "Kai? Come in." YoungJae replied. Kai entered to see YoungJae canceling a text message. "I'm really sorry. I didn't expect Taemin to come in.... like that." 
 
"You're telling me." Kai replied. "Food situation?"
 
"Ice-cream in the freezer if you don't mind it." The bleached blonde replied. 
 
Kai nodded, "Well... Your room is too small to practice in. Think we can get the man to move into his own room so we can practice in there?"
YoungJae nodded and went into the living room, leaving Kai with his back to the entire scene. "Taemin, if you aren't going to get dressed, go to your room. This is awkward for everyone."
 
Taemin whined, "But Jae! Its so far away!... And its not awkward for me."
 
"What happened to your clothes anyways?" Kai asked, pulling his laptop from his bag.
 
He heard Taemin stand up and begin stomping to his room. "Damned pranks! They target me even when I don't live with them!"
 
The door slammed shut and Kai turned to see he and YoungJae were alone in the room. "This one could've been revenge for moving out!" YoungJae yelled.
 
"I don't ing care!" Taemin yelled back.
 
"What happened?" Kai asked, still confused. 
 
YoungJae shrugged, "His old roommates love to get into trouble. Apparently, Taemin was their victim this time some stunt or another... But, on another note, let's get to work."
 
 
 
Author's note: .... Minji.... Why the hell do you do some of these things to your charcters? Minji is responsible for Junha's actions, so if you are a Lay bias -don't blame me over here
-Love Bansha and Minij!