What's going on?

What is History?

 

I woke up early the next morning confused. I wasn’t in the silvery interior of my room, but a warm gold. Also I felt a hand on my upper thigh, while I was lying on someone’s chest. I felt tiny puffs of breath in my hair and tried to shift. The arms that held me tightened slightly. With that small movement I became painfully aware of my situation. I realized I was in Kai’s room, and how he was in nothing but his boxers while I was in a pair of boy shorts and a tanktop. We were cuddled up in the middle of his bed and I wasn’t sure whose fault it was.
 
I carefully untangled myself from the delicious closeness, not wanting to wake him and ruin this perfect moment. When I was untangled, I slid on my shoes and grabbed my purse. I leaned over the bed and pecked his cheek.
 
 “Gomawo,” I whispered and headed to my own room. I was glad that I had woken up so early. No one was to be seen, so I didn’t feel too embarrassed about how I was dressed. When I was almost to my room I realized I had left Zim in Kai’s room. I didn’t recall seeing the bear in the bed, nor on my side of the floor. I grinned knowing that it meant Kai had tossed the animal on his side of the room. 
 
‘Did that mean he started the cuddling? Well it at least said he wanted to, right?’ I shook my head, not caring really and welcoming the day grinning. I even decided to cook breakfast, something I hadn’t done since Suho and JaeNi started dating.
 
But as I entered the room I could smell food. I walked in to find my brother at the stove. I stopped as the door banged shut. Suho turned and smiled at me. I couldn’t believe my brother was cooking. It wasn’t something he did often. 
 
“Where are you coming from dressed like that?” He asked. 
 
“Kai’s room,” I stated glaring at him, waiting for him to start yelling at me. He didn’t though; he just glared back at me and then grinned. I was suddenly weirded out. My brother wasn’t yelling at me for sleeping with a guy scantily dressed? He had two bowls in his hand. “There’s food cooked if you’re hungry,” he grinned at me and went toward Baekhyun’s room, which JaeNi occupied. 
 
I shook my head and stomped to my own room. ‘Where the hell did my brother go? For that fact, where the hell did my best friend go? This is just madness!’ I thought as I fell across my bed, throwing an arm across my face. ‘ this! I’ve got to get out of here!’ I stood up and grabbed some clothes heading to the shower, not knowing where I was going afterwards. 
 
 
JaeNi's POV
I woke up to the bed sinking next to me. I groaned and rolled over and reached out-
 
But nothing was there. My eyes opened slightly as I recalled falling asleep with Suho. I turned around to see Suho sitting on the bed beside me, watching me, obviously amused.
 
"How'd you sleep?" He asked me.
 
I leaned back, "Badly. My nice, warm pillow floated away in the night." 
 
He chuckled and placed two bowls on the nightstand. "I made breakfast, but if you want to go back to sleep, I supposed that's alright."
 
I watched as he laid down next to me, pulling his legs onto the bed as he face me. I reached around him and burried my face into his shoulder. Suho, you smell nice. I'd never say that out loud, but it was the truth.
 
I closed my eyes and was almost back to sleep when I felt a small pressure on the top of my head. He kissed my hair. 
 
That brought me back to reality. This was wrong. 
 
I have someone else. I couldn't do this. Not with Suho. He was so sweet to me, acting or not, and I didn't want to have to hurt him in the end when I went back to America. There was no way this could ever work out. I leaned back and stretched, sitting up. He watched me with a raised brow as I rubbed my hand down my face. "I can't sleep late. I don't want to make it a habbit." Just then I heard the shower start from the other side of my room. "What's for breakfast, guardian?"
 
He turned around and gave me a bowl. I nodded and tasted it. A smile spread across my lips, "This is good."
 
He smiled back, "Thanks."
 
I watched Suho as he reached over and picked up his own bowl. I looked back at my food. He was so cute... But I couldn't be interested. This was an assignment. Nothing more. I have someone else... someone I need to talk to soon.
 
"Suho?" I asked quietly.
 
He looked up from his bowl. "Hm?"
 
"Will you give me my computer?" I asked, pointing to the desk. He set his bowl on the table again and got up to get my laptop. He brought it back and exchanged it for the bowl. I quickly turned it on and logged on. "Thank you."
 
He nodded, "What are you doing?"
 
"I'm checking my e-mail. My... uhm... friend said he would e-mail me soon from the hospital because they took his cell phone." I replied, choosing my words carefully.
 
"Hospital?"
 
"Yeah... He was driving when we wrecked and he's been in the hospital since." I explained.
 
Suho looked at me carefully, "But the wreck was a long time ago... Why would he still be in the hospital? Was it that bad?"
 
I sighed, "Yeah... They don't think he'll ever be able to walk again."
 
He nodded, "I'm sorry."
 
I shrugged, "We're close. I don't blame him for the wreck and he won't blame me, but he's one of the few people I keep up with back in the states."
 
Suho nodded and stood up, "Well, I'll leave your breakfast there. I have to go, alright?"
 
Looking up at him, I noticed his expression before he left. I sighed and closed my eyes. He knew about Ronnie and me now, I was sure of it. He either realizes that we're together or is extremely jealous. Either way its all for the better. 
 
Sure enough, I had an e-mail from Ronnie. 
 
"Hey Jay! 
They still won't give me my phone back. Apparently it messes with the machines too much. My hospital phone is now for emergencies only. It . I was just sending you this to let you know. I'll check my e-mail daily. 
Love, Ronnie."
 
I sighed and smiled. "Love you too, babe." I whispered, writing a reply.
 
 
 
Xiumin and D.O were seated at their station waiting on their culinary teacher to arrive. Xiumin was talking to one of the girls seated across from him when the door opened. It was their teacher, followed by Chen. Xiumin stopped his conversation and turned around. "What is the dog doing here?" he whispered to D.O. 
 
D.O shrugged, clearly not caring why or even that he was. "Today we will be making cupcakes. The recipe is on page 113 and you know where everything is. Chen will be walking around to help you out if you need it. I have a meeting and will be back in thirty minutes. I hope you will be done by then and you may leave after you finish. Just be sure to write your name on it," she looked at Xiumin, "and please, don't get into trouble." Xiumin grinned and gave her two thumbs up. She shook her head and patted Chen on the back before she left.
 
D.O flipped to the recipe and gave Xiumin directions on what to grab. Chen was walking around, helping those who asked for it. Xiumin walked over to the refrigerator, glaring at Chen the whole time. He came back with the eggs and began cracking them into the bowl. He was jerked out of his daze when D.O hit him on the arm. "Yah, quit burning holes into Chen! You're getting eggshells in the batter," D.O reprimanded him. Xiumin hadn't realized he had been staring at Chen, who had been talking to the group of girls next to them. 
 
Xiumin attempted to continue working without looking Chen's way. It worked for the most part, but Xiumin made a few more mistakes. They finally got the batter poured into a pan and placed it in the oven. Xiumin looked around and noticed that almost everyone else had their either in the oven or out cooling. Chen was still helping out as the teacher came in and looked around. She nodded when she saw that nothing was on fire or broke, happy that Xiumin hadn't messed anything up. 
 
Several people had finished by the time Xiumin and D.O's cupcakes had cooled enough for them to frost. The teacher asked Chen to get something for her. Xiumin was frosting a cupcake when Chen went to the station in front of them and bent down to grab something out of the cabinet. Xiumin was shocked back to reality from the sting in his left arm. He looked over to D.O, who was wiping frosting off of his hand. "Why'd you pinch me for?" Xiumin asked as he rubbed his arm. "Maybe because you weren't paying attention and frosted my hand as well as over frosted that poor cupcake," D.O replied defensively. "Sorry," Xiumin apologized. A few minutes later they finished their cupcakes and turned them in. They were the last group to finish and everyone had left, including Chen.
 
"Sometimes I wonder if hate and disdain are the only things you feel for Chen," D.O exclaimed as they left the classroom. "What's that supposed to mean?" Xiumin asked. "Just that I believe you feel more for Chen than you let on. Are you jealous of him or something?" D.O replied. Xiumin scoffed, "NO! I just can't stand the sight of him. I don't see why he was in our classroom in the first place. I thought dogs weren't allowed on campus?" D.O just shrugged and waved, "See ya later." Xiumin waved back as the two parted ways. Xiumin to rap class and D.O to his vocal class. D.O still thought there was something up with Xiumin's behavior toward Chen, but he decided to let it go...for now.
 
 
 
It was the second night in a row that I couldn’t sleep. At least this time wasn’t because of those two idiots I call a brother and a friend. I just couldn’t sleep. In the next few days I would be 21. It was my birthday soon and I couldn’t wait. I contemplated going to Kai’s room but decided against it. I had stayed with him last night and remembered the feelings that being close to him had stirred up. I didn’t need or want a repeat of them. I was sure he was sleeping anyway, or at least I was hoping he was. The thought of him being tired or sick saddened me a bit.
 
Soon I found myself at a park a few blocks from the dorms. It was beautiful during the day, but even more so with a full moon softly lighting everything. I went to the little bridge over the river at the far end. I bypassed the swings, slide, and other playground equipment. I climbed onto the railing and sat there, feet dangling above the water gazing at the moon’s reflection on its surface. I began to throw out random lines. I wasn’t much of a singer, but I could throw lyrics together pretty well. I liked the way the words came out and so I began to sang them in a sing-song voice, much like a lullaby.
 
Bright and full is the moon tonight
As I sit perched upon this height.
The mirror below me does not flow
As the leaves above me have their show.
A petal slowly falling, falling, falls down
Dancing upon the still surface so as not to drown.
As I watch, I finally release a sigh
Trying to hold onto this beautiful lie.
 
I jumped slightly as I heard a soft clapping. I turned around and blushed a light pink as I saw Kai there. I was wondering why he had a backpack as he walked over to the rail. He leaned against it next to me.
 
“What was that from?” 
 
I blushed a darker shade, “I just made it up.” No one beside Suho and JaeNi had heard my poems or songs, much less my terrible singing. Not even Kris, who I loved as deeply as I loved the other two. “It was beautiful,” he complimented me. I was glad I was sitting under the shadow of a group of trees as my cheeks were sent another shade darker. I was sure they were as red as the petal that had just fallen.
 
“Thank you,” I mumbled. 
 
Kai glanced at me, “Where’s the confident Junha? Who is this shy girl appearing in front of me?” I smiled at him but didn’t answer. He smiled back and pulled his backpack off his shoulder. He held out a hand for something. I stared cluelessly at his outstretched finger tips. He just chuckled, grabbed me about the waist, and lifted me down. I stood dumbstruck; my skin tingling where my shirt had come up and his hand had grazed me. I didn’t understand anything anymore.
 
What was this guy doing to me to make me blush so easily, to make my knees go weak, and my skin to tingle? All of a sudden something furry was shoved into my hands. I looked down to find Zim there as Kai said, “I figured you might want him back. I saw you leaving the dorm and thought this would be the least embarrassing way for me to return it.” I noticed him shifting from one foot to the other. I could tell he was a bit embarrassed, contrary to what he said.
 
“Thank you,” I said gratefully, hugging the bear to my chest. Kai rubbed a hand across his neck, “I was wondering why you didn’t come get it earlier?” I looked at him and replied seriously, “I’m no longer stalking you, which means no more breaking into your room. Promise. As for not getting Zim, I have a lot going on and forgot.”
 
“Wait, you’re not stalking me anymore?” 
 
I shook my head, “No, unless you prefer me to.” He waved his hand, “I’m good, but can I ask why?” I picked at the nonexistent fluff on Zim’s head, not answering right away. Truth was I liked him way too much and was afraid of it. 
 
I didn’t love him like I had loved Donghae, but I didn’t like him for the sake of liking him like I did with Chanyeol. It was somewhere in between and was a range of that emotion that I hadn’t experienced before. That’s what terrified me. The fact I was dealing with something unknown. He waited patiently for my answer. I sighed and looked at him, “Personal reasons.”
 
He nodded and shouldered his backpack again. “I think we should be headed back. I’ll walk with you,” he said putting his hand on the small of my back to guide me. “You know, if you really feel uncomfortable in your brother’s dorm, you’re welcome to sleep in mine. I’m sure Luhan won’t mind.” 
 
I stopped suddenly, “In your dorm? Or your room?” He smiled, “Which ever makes you more comfortable.” I felt my eyes widen and I pinched my arm. ‘Ow! That hurt like hell, yep definitely awake.’ I thought. I smiled wide and hugged Zim tighter. We got to his hall and he turned to look at me, “Is this where we say goodnight?”
 
I smiled knowing my cheeks were still flushed, “Yeah. Kris was already questioning my whereabouts last night.” 
 
Kai nodded in understanding. Kris had taken on the role of overprotective brother since I wasn’t really speaking to Suho. He was a lot scarier than Suho at it too! “Well goodnight shy, sweet Juha,” he smiled at me. I smiled back, “Enjoy it while you can cause as soon as daylight hits she’s gone.”
 
His eyes lit up, “So daytime Junha is the lie from the poem you’re trying to hold on to?” 
 
I sighed, “No. Pretending I’m perfectly okay is the most beautiful lie anyone has ever tried keeping up.” And with that I walked back to my room.
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
A/N: Guys, Help! Take this poll! 
Thank You!!