Ice Flower

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Seven – Ice Flower

It was a nice view to see his wife in total discomfiture. After what they had done early this morning, she must have been so awfully mortified.

But to him, it was rather refreshing and splendid. They hadn’t been together for some time and when their bodies entwined passionately this morning, no words could describe his euphoria. With what had they gone through, he considered that they had patched back. It felt nice to be back together after going through a lot of complications and fights.

“Yoona,” he called for her name as soon as she came out of the bathroom. He flashed her a sweet smile. “Are you fine?”

“W-what do you mean by ‘are you fine’? I don’t get it,” she remarked in stammer. It seemed like she had become timid of what they had done this morning. She tousled her wet hair comfortably yet awkwardly as Luhan was staring at her so enthusiastically.

Luhan walked towards the dressing mirror and pulled her body against his behind. He placed a kiss on her neck and whispered, “So… have we made up now?”

It would be an obvious lie if she said it wasn’t comforting being in his warm hug, she favored it very much. In fact, she enjoyed this morning’s heated scene. But she was deadly embarrassed. It meant she had given in to him. That wasn’t supposed to be, really.

She thought with just a kiss, they would at least satisfy each other but everything turned topsy turvy when they proceeded the kiss with something more passionate and arousing. It wasn’t completely Luhan’s fault. She was at fault as well. She longed for him and he longed for her too. Both of them were at the wrong path. Nevertheless, it looked like they both missed each other badly.

“Actually I-”

Yoona turned around, only to fix things up but she was interrupted by the sudden attack by his lips. In such a hasty movement, he crashed his lips against her and started to kiss her aggressively without even thinking how startled the younger was.

Despite the shock, Yoona, once again, gave in to him. Responding to his deep kiss, she cupped the back of his neck and moved her body sensually as she writhed heavily under her breath.

When Luhan was about to move forward by tossing her towel aside that wrapped her upper body, Yoona’s cell phone sudden buzzed so loudly that render their lips part from each other.

Yoona, who was both disoriented and discomfited at the same time, running to the night stand only to take the noisy call.

“Hello? Who’s calling?”

“…...”

“Oh, Kai. What’s the matter?”

“…...”

“Oh, not really. Why?”

“…...”

“Sure. Text me the place and time. I’ll be on time.”

“…...”

“Okay then. Bye and see you soon.”

“…...”

“Who’s calling? I heard it’s Kai,” Luhan chimed in abruptly as soon as the call was ended. He sounded very jealous and furious at the meantime. Kai was really getting on his nerves. He literally interrupted their intense moment as they were about to move forward, for God’s sake. And now, everything had totally gone.

“Uhm, it was Kai,” answered Yoona and moved to the wardrobe to pick clothes for today’s meeting. “He wants to meet to discuss about something.”

“What is it about?”

“No idea,” she replied nonchalantly. She then shifted back to the dressing mirror to dress herself up. “But it seems kind of important.”

“Oh, I see.” Luhan sat on the bed and let out a snort. He would be lying to himself if he said he wasn’t jealous at all. He was damned, awfully jealous. But what can he do? He could just stay still and say nothing.

“Anyway Yoona, about what I said just now,” he remarked hesitantly. “Are we on?”

“What’d you say?” The younger raised an eyebrow in bemusement.

“Uhm, about our reconciliation.” Luhan salivated nervously and huffed out a calm chuckle. “It looks like we’ve patched up, haven’t we?”

“Who says so?” Yoona turned at him in mild surprise. “I didn’t say that we’ve patched up, did I?”

“But this morning-”

“Don’t mention about it! I’m so mortified and I wanted to trash it out of my mind!” she bursted out impetuously. Her cheeks went absolutely crimson red. “We just ‘did’ that because we both gave in. It doesn’t relate anything about with reconciliation at all!”

With that, she hurriedly darted out of the bedroom at once. She knew the elder was hurt by her words but she can’t do anything. Those words just easily slipped out of without her knowledge.

It wasn’t like she didn’t yearn for reconciliation but she needed some time to mull over it. She didn’t want to be dejected for the second time if she were to choose the wrong path again.

Luhan, on the other hand, was astounded by the younger’s outburst. So the heated scene this morning meant nothing to her. He thought both of them enjoy it so much that it’d somehow lead to reconciliation.

Sluggishly, he heaved a sigh. A heavy, burdensome one.

***

A big plate of mouth-watering piece of oreo cheesecake was served on the dining table with two cup of warm rose tea. One for him and one more for his lovely guest.

“Wow, you made this?” Yoona’s jaw dropped as soon as she was mesmerized by the appeal of the cake.

Kai chuckled. “You think?”

“I think you bought this,” joked Yoona, enough to make the elder crack up.

Kai halted his laugh at once and stared at the younger sweetly. “Actually I made this one. I followed Kyungsoo’s recipe and somehow ended up being so ugly like this.”

“Hey, it’s tasty!” she corrected his perception as she took a large munch of the cake. “Oh, you followed Kyungsoo’s? Is he a good cook?”

“For God’s sake, he’s extremely good. He can do every dishes that nine of ten people cannot do.” Kai grinned, thinking about how decent Kyungsoo was. Cooking was his forte. He always admired his expertise and he loved everything that the elder cooked. His food made him his gloomy day turn brighter.

“Ah speaking of him, how’s he now? I haven’t talked to him like, for ages.”

“Oh, he’s fine. He’s just fine…” Impetuously, Kai sipped his warm tea to ease his edginess. He didn’t want her to know how bad their relationship was now.

“Oh, really?” Yoona simply furrowed an eyebrow quizzically.

“Yup! He’s fine, Yoona,” he answered, fidgeting at his seat nervously.

“Fine if you say so,” she gave in, “anyway, send him my regards and tell him that I miss him.” She let out a chuckle at the end of her remark.

“I will.” The elder sipped his drink once again, only to soothe his anxiety.

The atmosphere went a little breezy as both of them seemed immersed with themselves. Kai would rather seal his lips and Yoona would rather devour the scrumptious cake without a word spilled from her lips.

“Anyway, I haven’t asked you why you wanted to meet me this morning,” Yoona finally voiced out after she had done with the cake and now, she was sipping the warm rose tea. “Usually you wouldn’t meet me in such morning. It looks like you’ve something really important to tell me.”

“It’s nothing, frankly.” He cackled. “I just want someone to keep me company.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Yoona,” he enunciated her name, staring into her eyes significantly. “I want to ask about your opinion.”

“Opinion? What is it?”

“From your opinion, can love be cleaved into parts?” He gave her a questioning, curious look. “Can you love somebody but choose to be with someone else?”

Listening to his question which was unexpectedly about love, Yoona fiddled her finger at the edge of the table, seemingly deep in thoughts. “Of course not! How can love be cleaved into parts? ‘Heart’ sits in the middle of the character, ‘love’. If the heart is cleaved into parts, the person will die.”

Kai was totally taken aback by her answer. It was seriously an unexpected one. He hadn’t thought she would say such words about love. He cannot believe that she actually linked love and death. Anyhow, her opinion about love was somewhat true.

“And I solely think that a person who loves somebody but chooses to be with someone else is dumb.” She let out a big laugh, causing Kai to erupt into bewilderment. “How can he or she torment himself or herself? If they love someone, they should have the guts to confess their feelings for someone. And how can they act by choosing to be with someone else who they don’t even love?”

Kai listened to her words attentively. Little by little, he realized that he had taken the wrong path even he wasn’t willing to cross it. On a whim, he emitted a rather bitter chuckle and answered incoherently, “Then I must be dumb.”

“What?” Yoona’s eyes went wide. “Why did you say so?”

“Uhm, nothing.” A smile twisted on his lips. “Anyway, thanks for the opinion. You sure are good with words.”

“Not really, Kai. I’m just stating what I feel about love,” replied the younger humbly. “Speaking of which, why did you ask me about it? Do you have started to love somebody? Or… by any chance… do you still have feelings for me?”

“I guess.” He smiled furtively. “But hey! I don’t have any feeling for you anymore, Yoona! Everything has been trashed a long time ago!”

“Do you have to be so blunt?” She chuckled amicably as she listened to the elder’s quite forthright words. Nonetheless, she was pleased to know that Kai hadn’t had any feeling for her neither would she give him a second chance. “Anyway, I’m quite happy to have known that you’ve now fallen for someone. Who’s the lucky girl? Is she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter