Nothing's Over

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Five –Nothing’s Over

Taemin scrutinized furtively at the young lady who had been at his flower shop for almost a few hour from the corner of the counter. She seemed rather lonely; looking through all kind of flowers throughout the shop impassively. Usually, people who came at the shop would be so passionate when they saw pretty flowers, but in this case, she didn’t seem intrigued at all.

On top of that, he definitely knew she wasn’t a type of person who’d stay quiet at all time. In short, she was a good, smooth talker. Plus, she was bubbly, vigorous and full of laughter. To see her in this kind of condition, it felt certainly weird. Like seriously, he wondered what had gotten into her.

“Naeun-ah,” he call for his girlfriend, who seemingly busy checking the newly-arrived stocks next to him.

Naeun stopped jotting down notes, putting the ballpen aside and peered at him keenly. “Oppa, what’s the matter?”

“Look at Eunji-yah,” he murmured, pouting his lips at the said girl’s direction. “What’s up with her? She looks weird. I mean, she’s been at our shop for a quite while yet she doesn’t chat anything to us. I thought the reason she’s here is because she wanted to meet us but it turns out otherwise.”

Observing painstakingly at her, Taemin added vigorously, “I suppose she’s got problems, Naeun-ah. That’s why she looks kind of gloomy. Don’t you feel it’s weird to see her in this state, do you?”

Naeun couldn’t help but agree with her partner. It was rare to see her best friend or as known as her twin, in this gloomy condition. She had been with the latter for a long time; since they were in elementary school yet Naeun had never seen her friend in this state. Jung Eunji was widely known as a bright, full of smiles girl by everyone, though.

“Ah, I see,” she spoke, “I’m sorry, oppa. I didn’t notice Eunji unnie’s mood since I was busy with this newly-arrived stocks.”

“That’s okay.” Taemin beamed a reassuring smile. “Naeun-ah, I think you should talk to her since you’re her best friend. Ask her if she’s got problems or something that makes her look different than usual.”

Thinking that it was a decent idea to do as her best friend, Naeun instantly nodded in agreement. “I get it, oppa. I will try my best to help Eunji unnie.”

Without delay, words escaped from Naeun’s lips as she waved her hand at Eunji, who was facing at their direction. “Unnie!”

Flabbergasted, Eunji jolted at the call and briskly looked at her. “Naeun-ah, what’s the matter?” she asked in puzzlement as she walked towards the counter.

As she reached the counter and sat in front of the couple, she threw another keen question. “What’s up, Naeun-ah?” She peered at Naeun and then, shifted her gaze at the smiling Taemin. She had no idea what was this couple up to that they looked pretty weird.

“Naeun-ah’s got something to ask you, Eunji-yah,” said Taemin on his girlfriend’s behalf.

“Oh, really?” Eunji merely raised an eyebrow. “What is it, Naeun-ah? Do you want me to help you deliver flowers or do you want to leave your shop since I was here for ages!” She chuckled at her own words.

The younger just shook her head and smiled concernly. “Unnie, do you have problems?”

She was thrown off guard upon her question. It wasn’t what she expected. A lively smile that tugged on her lips seemed to have faltered at once. How came her friend know that she got problems at the moment? Did she look so obvious in her every action?

***

Taeyeon eyed her sister meticulously after Baekhyun had left alone outside the restaurant after the unfinished dinner was blown by the breaking incident that swept in an instant. She had promised to Baekhyun that she will not take a long time since the younger was now waiting for her in the car. She needed to talk to Seohyun for a moment.

And it was rather lucky that Luhan wasn’t present there; he went to meet Kai before he drove Yoona home. Or else, Luhan will know about what had actually happened tonight. She didn’t intend to get Seohyun into shame. 

Recognizing the elder’s glare, Seohyun shuddered mildly. Somehow, she was scared of her. Her pair of eyes were gleaming with rage – better to say as intensity.

“W-why did you stare at me like that, unnie?” Her voice was slightly shaky as she tried to avoid her gaze. Although she had known why Taeyeon summoned her after the dinner had come to end, the words flowed out of . Maybe because of the great pressure the elder gave to her, it made her to easily stutter.

Taeyeon chortled mordantly. “You still asked me why, Seohyun-ah?”

The younger slobbered restlessly. “I-I d-don’t know.”

She jumped straight to the point; she didn’t want to extend the time that Baekhyun had to wait for her presence. “You know what, Seohyun-ah… I’m so disappointed in you! You’ve made me upset with your stupidity!”

When Seohyun insisted to stay silent, she dropped another remark, “Why did you lie to everyone, Seohyun-ah? Poor Luhan-ah’s wife! I wouldn’t have known your foolish action if I weren’t in the washroom the moment when both of you were there!”

“Have you done talking, unnie?” The younger snorted curtly. “Seriously, you weren’t being a good sister to me! If you were truly my sister, you wouldn’t have meddled in my affair and you should’ve helped me to trap that wife of Luhan! But you weren’t at all. You ruined my plan. Completely!”

“What… are you talking about?” Taeyeon was dumfounded. “I should’ve helped you do bad things? Are you serious?!”

“I’m ing serious, unnie!”

Impetuously, the elder slapped her in the face. She had no choice but to hurt her sister’ milky white face. Seohyun had been way too much. As her sole sister, she was ashamed for not being a good sister to her. Where on earth Seohyun had lost her manners? “How dare you curse me! I wasn’t expecting that horrible one to come out from your lips!”

Instead of wincing over her sore cheek, she let out a laugh. An ironic, curt one. “It’s all your fault, unnie! If you didn’t let me get back with Luhan, this wouldn’t have happened in the first place! A sister should’ve helped her siblings to get what they want. But you didn’t help me at all! Instead, you’re now going out with that singer!”

“Help you getting back with Luhan-ssi in such a horrid way?” she queried, grinning sardonically. “And why did you drag Baekhyun into our talk too? He’s not listed in your concern, Seohyun-ah! And for your information, it’s my right to go out with anyone because I go out with a good person. Not a married guy like him!” Taeyeon bursted out. She had been suppressing it for a long time and now it was a decent time to spill them out. “You deliberately ‘ran’ away from New York, leaving your job just to snatch Luhan-ssi from his wife? It’s very, very embarrassing, you know Seohyun-ah.”

“If you want to hog all over him, at least let him divorce his wife first! Don’t you ever think what people say about you behind your back, do you? They call ‘marriage wrecker’ for girls like you! I… seriously, haven’t thought that the polite, well-mannered girl like you would have turned out so awful and vulgar just because of a mere guy. It’s pretty…. pathetic.”

“Stop all this, unnie!” she cried out, eyes filled with rage and voice had reached its highest level. “What would you do if you were in my shoes? I bet you’d be just be same like me! Everyone would do anything for the sake of their benefits though it’d cost a lot of hard work and passion. That’s why I boldly plotted the ‘stealing scandal’ to Yoona-ssi so that Luhan would look at her in disgust. I want him to leave her because he’s now disgusted to have a wife like her!” she paused to cackle. “And eventually, Luhan will get back with me and everything’s going to be over, unnie! I’ll forever have Luhan and live happily ever after! End of the story!”

Taeyeon chuckled significantly. “Do you really think Luhan still has feelings for you?”

It was Seohyun’s time to be caught off guard. “O-of course, he still loves me! He never has feelings for his wife, unnie, for God’s sake! In his heart, there’s only me! Till death do us apart!”

“Don’t be so confident, Seohyun-ah. I hope you’ll end up getting hurt in the end. It’s because,” she trailed off, gazing deeply into her pair of edgy eyes. “One’s heart can change so easily and… quickly. I’ve felt that, Seohyun-ah. Don’t be such a fool because of love. It will eventually kill you without your knowledge.”

The younger’s face darkened upon her words. Well, that was what Taeyeon really wanted it to be. She intended to make her realize that in the world, we will not get everything we wanted. There will always be something that we can’t possess even we tried so hard to get it.

***

Kai latched his gaze at the voiceless latter who would rather seal her lips than talk to him as he drove her home. He could hear Yoona sigh for the umpteenth time. She must have still wondered about tonight’s breaking incident that related four of them, literally.

“Yoona, why are you being silent?” he asked, controlling the steering wheel when he passed by the junction.

The younger turned to him and gifted him a feeble smile. “I’m not feeling well, Kai.”

Kai seemed apprehensive. “Do you want to take you to clinic?”

“Nope, it’s okay.” Yoona shake her head lightly in refusal. “I guess medicine won’t help me at all.”

“Why you said so?”

“Because it’s my heart,” she expressed, pointing at her chest, “that aches a lot.”

Kai salivated uneasily at her words. It seemed like the incident still lingered in her mind. Well, who wouldn’t feel in pain if they were to be accused as thief?

“Anyway, Kai… why did you help me?” she queried, her eyes aimed attentively at the elder. “I mean, why did you lie for my sake? I know it wasn’t you who took her bracelet.”

Kai just let out a smile. “Well, what should I do? I should save you when Luhan-ah didn’t seem want to help you at all.”

Hearing her husband’s name, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter